Print Thread
A few pics from this weekend. (Long read) #3950339 01/14/13 02:23 PM
S
setxduckslayer Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
S
Saturday's hunt started out muggy and extremely foggy. Was able to go out and FINALLY get my first green head of the year along with a widgeon and a couple gadwall. Happy to fill a limit this far in to the season.

Sunday proved to be a complete 180. Went to another public location and thought that we would get our spot after being number 4 in line but another group in front of us got to it first. The rules are first come first serve at this particular place. The flat we were wanting to hunt was plenty big enough for 2 groups and we spoke to both the game wardens and the party hunting it about doing this and neither one had a problem. One of my buddies that I was hunting with knew one of the KIDS hunting the spot. Now the only problem I have is that we get out to the flat and the kids(16-17 yrs old) had set up more towards the middle of the flat than the north side(where they put their sticker). Not only did we get screwed on birds, we were rushing to put out decoys from having a problem with the prodrive we were running and set up looking in to the wind with the cold front that had come through(came through right at daybreak). This is what we were looking at.

I do not have a problem with younger kids hunting, I actually encourage it and would bring some out if they wanted to hunt. The only problem I have is younger kids having no respect for other hunters in the area after agreeing to stay where they stuck their sticker. After getting rained on, blown away by the wind and only killing 7 ducks we left. Please if you're younger, have respect for other hunters around you and stay in the designated area where you are supposed to be hunting.

Re: A few pics from this weekend. (Long read) [Re: setxduckslayer] #3950388 01/14/13 02:40 PM
W
wal1809 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
I don't really think age is the factor here. I've been witness to plenty who are older than are disrespectful to others. They might not of known where they we at in relation to the sticker.

Re: A few pics from this weekend. (Long read) [Re: wal1809] #3950402 01/14/13 02:47 PM
S
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
S
Agreed, age isn't a factor as I have had people of all age being disrespectful. These guys had hunted this spot before so they knew where they were and where they put their sticker. I guess it just rubbed me the wrong way bc we didn't get to set up where we had put our sticker and had to set up wrong. Everyone regardless of age needs to have respect for one another, we are all out there to have a good time and enjoy something we love. Good news is we found a new spot to hunt on the way back to the launch that no one knows about!

Re: A few pics from this weekend. (Long read) [Re: setxduckslayer] #3950628 01/14/13 03:40 PM
G
Gengo Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G
Originally Posted By: setxduckslayer
Agreed, age isn't a factor as I have had people of all age being disrespectful. These guys had hunted this spot before so they knew where they were and where they put their sticker. I guess it just rubbed me the wrong way bc we didn't get to set up where we had put our sticker and had to set up wrong. Everyone regardless of age needs to have respect for one another, we are all out there to have a good time and enjoy something we love. Good news is we found a new spot to hunt on the way back to the launch that no one knows about!

I have experienced the opposite. It's the older hunters that try to pull a fast one and put their stickers a few hundred yards away from where they are actually hunting. They also put their sticker in the middle of a flat to completely block it off for anyone else to hunt it. It sounds like they got out there and adjusted to the conditions which is something we probably all do.

And I wouldn't be so sure about finding a spot that no one knows about. Those GWs and check station workers know where the ducks are.

Re: A few pics from this weekend. (Long read) [Re: Gengo] #3951132 01/14/13 05:47 PM
S
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
S
Haha, no doubt they do. But I'm speaking of your every day hunter. You have to have a mud motor to get to where we saw them and with limited hunters this past Sunday I think we are good to go next weekend. It's "new water" created from all this rain we've gotten this month.

Re: A few pics from this weekend. (Long read) [Re: setxduckslayer] #3951693 01/14/13 08:16 PM
F
Fooshman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted By: setxduckslayer
Good news is we found a new spot to hunt on the way back to the launch that no one knows about!

Won't you let the cat out of the bag when you place your sticker?

[Linked Image]

Re: A few pics from this weekend. (Long read) [Re: Fooshman] #3954319 01/15/13 01:21 PM
S
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
S
I will but with only 2 weekends left in the season I think it's safe to say no one should be paying attention. Go in the check station after everyone has headed out and hopefully come back in before everyone gets finished!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide