THF Celebrity
OPERATION LEXINGTON-CONCORD
PO Box 52
Obernburg, NY 12767
(914)482-3426

September 13, 1995

Congress clearly did not, and does not, understand how deeply affected
ordinary Americans were by their government's actions at Ruby Ridge and at
Waco; this is true for New Yorkers, no less than for Idahoans and Texans.
That failure, and the growing feeling that their representatives are not
doing just that - namely, representing THEM - has become the source of a
great deal of widespread frustration among Americans.

The Operation Lexington-Concord is the first study, ever, of its kind - a
nationwide survey and analysis of the attitudes of legal gun-owners in
America. Unlike the biased, politically-contaminated studies often
presented by groups and organizations which have a firearm-prohibitionist
agenda, [that group including a fair number of studies which have appeared
in the medical literature], Operation Lexington-Concord is objective, and
the result of a wholly grassroots volunteer effort. And, unlike most other
polls of any type, the sample size in the present study is far larger.

The importance of the findings of this study are momentous, and two
unexpected findings are outstanding among all the rest:

- 51.8% of all respondents cited "government" as their greatest fear in life
in America today, and

- 73.7% of all respondents stated they would actively resist governmental
confiscation of their firearms.

Firearm-related legislation, when premised on inaccurate or biased
information, has the very real potential to lead policy-makers, both within
and without government, down a socially-destructive path. The ramifications
of the findings of Operation Lexington-Concord are profoundly linked to the
very future of America; it is therefore absolutely vital, and a matter of
great urgency, that members of Congress be aware of them.

RICHARD A. EHRMANN, Project Coordinator
Operation Lexington-Concord

More of the report.

http://rkba.org/research/olc.21sep95

Consider this, that study was done in ‘95! Wonder what today’s result would be?

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: Jasb] #3924924 01/07/13 02:28 PM
G
Grendel 6.5 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: Jasb
Originally Posted By: Grendel 6.5
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Originally Posted By: Erathkid
Good luck fighting AGAINST an American army. rofl

Do you really think most of them would follow executive orders to use deadly force against citizens?

Remember the assault by BATF in Waco some years back? The Branch Davidians had some strange issues, but that could have been handled differently and without incident. Even the sheriff at that time said he could have brought the leader in without confrontation. But the Feds wanted their raid and they got it. I agree some freedoms and rights are worth fighting for...
Are you kidding me? If an agent had gone to the door and asked for the 100s of full auto weapons they had he would have been killed. Guess they should have sent them a letter asking for the guns?

Actually, I was responding to the question of whether the Government could find someone to enforce a gun confiscation. I gave an example. A long-time friend of mine (now retired) was an FBI agent involved in the negotiations after the ATF screwed it up because they wanted to flex their muscle and set an example. Even he said it could have been prevented by common sense. Back to the point, there are those who would enforce a confiscation. I only hope it will not come to that. Maybe they at least let us keep a single shot rifle and a double barrel shotgun. Anybody have a Ruger No. 1 and an old Browning B-SS?

I go to Bone Daddy's for the burgers....yeah, that's why.
Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: HWY_MAN] #3925019 01/07/13 02:51 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
I just did a quick number check.

There are roughly 2.6 million military personnel in America.
There are roughly 800,000 police.
There are roughly 52 million households with guns.

So if the 52 million got organized it would be something like an army larger than the five largest combined. I know scores of military and police, and they've told me they wouldn't confiscate.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: J.G.] #3925092 01/07/13 03:13 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
I just did a quick number check.

There are roughly 2.6 million military personnel in America.
There are roughly 800,000 police.
There are roughly 52 million households with guns.

So if the 52 million got organized it would be something like an army larger than the five largest combined. I know scores of military and police, and they've told me they wouldn't confiscate.

I'm not suggesting anything but those are some very interesting numbers.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: HWY_MAN] #3925722 01/07/13 06:11 PM
R
Riff Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
I would suggest we try to work "within" the system while we still can. Send a letter to your representatives. There is a decent form letter regarding this issue here.
Ted Cruz is not in their system yet but you can email him directly from his web site.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: Riff] #3926534 01/07/13 09:44 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Riff
I would suggest we try to work "within" the system while we still can. Send a letter to your representatives. There is a decent form letter regarding this issue here.
Ted Cruz is not in their system yet but you can email him directly from his web site.

Finally a sensible attack on the problem. Handwrite the letter and send it snail mail, it makes it a lot more personal and they have to open it. Form emails are a dime a dozen, any Tom, Dick or Harry can copy and paste a letter. Make yours personal and do not attack the representative. It also requires a person to deal with the answer back to you, which usually gives you a name and number for a contact.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: dogcatcher] #3926882 01/07/13 11:10 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

Finally a sensible attack on the problem. Handwrite the letter and send it snail mail, it makes it a lot more personal and they have to open it. Form emails are a dime a dozen, any Tom, Dick or Harry can copy and paste a letter. Make yours personal and do not attack the representative. It also requires a person to deal with the answer back to you, which usually gives you a name and number for a contact.

Bull. I have written them til I was numb in the fingers......all I got back was form mail that was paid for by our tax dollars. They aint listening no more to us

Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: Erathkid] #3927489 01/08/13 01:28 AM
texretvet Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

Ever heard of Vietnam or Afghanistan? We left Vietnam embarrassed, and soon will be doing the same in Afghanistan.

The folks in Afghanistan have crappy weapons, no type of training, and little leadership or organization.

They have held our mighty military machine at bay for 10 years, just like they did with the Russians.

Guys with tanks, smart bombs, night vision, attack choppers, gps, thermal sights, and every other force multiplier have had a hard time dealing with a small force with nothing really more than individual rifles and hardly any support or even crew served weapons.

Yes, I think it would be tragic if any type of warfare were to take place between our citizens and any government forces. BUT, this country has fought brother against brother before and survived.

I think that those in the general population that are willing to fight would put up more of a resistance than most people would expect.

Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: ep2621] #3927896 01/08/13 02:54 AM
B
bucksnbass357 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: ep2621
Originally Posted By: TxBassAssassin
Fought in Iraq. I can fight here too.

This is one of the best posts I've ever read! Thank you, sir. Not just for the post either. flag

up flag flag

Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: bucksnbass357] #3928298 01/08/13 04:23 AM
J
jollyrancher Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
Wolverines!!!!! LOL

Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: bucksnbass357] #3928300 01/08/13 04:23 AM
J
jollyrancher Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J

Originally Posted By: bucksnbass357

This is one of the best posts I've ever read! Thank you, sir. Not just for the post either. flag

up flag flag
X2!!!!

Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: texretvet] #3928305 01/08/13 04:25 AM
J
jollyrancher Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
great point!

Originally Posted By: texretvet

Ever heard of Vietnam or Afghanistan? We left Vietnam embarrassed, and soon will be doing the same in Afghanistan.

The folks in Afghanistan have crappy weapons, no type of training, and little leadership or organization.

They have held our mighty military machine at bay for 10 years, just like they did with the Russians.

Guys with tanks, smart bombs, night vision, attack choppers, gps, thermal sights, and every other force multiplier have had a hard time dealing with a small force with nothing really more than individual rifles and hardly any support or even crew served weapons.

Yes, I think it would be tragic if any type of warfare were to take place between our citizens and any government forces. BUT, this country has fought brother against brother before and survived.

I think that those in the general population that are willing to fight would put up more of a resistance than most people would expect.

Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: jollyrancher] #3928328 01/08/13 04:30 AM
J
jollyrancher Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
just type in "Knob Creek Gun Shoot" or any thing that says machine gun shoot Texas on you tube and you will realize that we poor little civilians got a bit more fire power than most may think.

Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: fadetoblack64] #3929496 01/08/13 04:27 PM
R
Riff Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
Originally Posted By: takewhatyoucan64
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

Bull. I have written them til I was numb in the fingers......all I got back was form mail that was paid for by our tax dollars. They aint listening no more to us

DogCatcher,
You make a good point about "personalizing" the messages.

Takewhatyoucan,
I think everybody here feels your frustration. I think it is one of the reasons we post on this forum. I am only suggesting that we still take that course while we can. At least then you can honestly say you have done everything within your power to work within the system to affect the change you wanted.
Have you ever written Sen. Ted Cruz? Since he was just sworn in, probably not. This is a guy who I believe is "one of us" and he may actually listen. We do not know until we pose the question to him. I must try to have at least a little faith that the system can work until it proves me completely wrong. If I don't believe it can work, then what is there to fight for?

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.
Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: Riff] #3931698 01/09/13 01:36 AM
***Sean*** Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I wonder if I can keep my remington 1858 lol or the thompson center Hawken? .54 wink

Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: TxBassAssassin] #3931715 01/09/13 01:41 AM
T
tribby01 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T

Same Here I'm right there with you

Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: TreeBass] #3932474 01/09/13 05:06 AM
B
bhunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: TreeBass
Originally Posted By: TigerCobra
If they do try to disarm us Texans this may just cause a civil war. We have a flag here in Texas for this.

Foreign and domestic, this we will defend texas

GOD, GUNS, AND GUTS!!!!!!

ROY

B.O.H.I.C.A.

"BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BADGES!!!!"

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY"

http://www.parkerpwr.com/
Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: bhunter] #3933556 01/09/13 05:07 PM
H
Humble pie Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
In this video you will see how if you do not relenquish your guns the tyrants can bring you to your knees or your casket.

Never had a dog fail me yet.

End dog fighting.
Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: E-Cigrettman] #3937715 01/10/13 05:42 PM
S
sticksteer Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
does anyone really think that some fathers son in uniform would fire on his own people, and i believe we out number the military by a considerable margin, thats what the second amendment is all about, if the polititions dont have to live up to there oath to defend the constitution then i dont think the military should owe the president any blind obedience

Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: sticksteer] #3942461 01/11/13 11:06 PM
E
ETXhiker Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
E
Personally, if it came down to confiscation and giving in to this increasingly tyrannical administration, or putting up a fight, I don't know with certainty what I would do. It's a frightening thought. But I dang sure know what would be the RIGHT THING to do. A lot of people shed a lot of blood for the freedoms we have and to let them go out of fear for my own safety would be a heavy burden on my conscience. If this early in the game you have already decided you won't fight, be sure you can live with that later.

As of today, it is looking less likely that any major bans will happen. But make no mistake - allowing this president to take the guns would be the irreversible end of America as we know it. Pray that he doesn't try.

Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: jollyrancher] #3942880 01/12/13 01:39 AM
O
Old_School Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
Originally Posted By: jollyrancher

Originally Posted By: bucksnbass357

up flag flag
X2!!!!

X3!!!
Count me in. Liberty or Death. Sick of the quiet tyranny, creeping in like a virus. If they come for me and mine, you'll see me on the news. Old_School is Fed the F**k up.

Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: ETXhiker] #3942883 01/12/13 01:39 AM
W
Wesomac Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
Countries attack other countries through their military. Wanna know why America has not been attacked through any military action? Because EVERY country/faction knows there would be a gun behind every blade of grass. There are other countries that could defeat our military. If you don't believe that, stop hitting the bowl so deep & look through clear eyes. However, as it stands there is NO country that could send their entire military here and defeat our military & armed citizens! Armed citizens protect our country. It will always be that way! As soon as there are no armed citizens, there is no USA. That is not zealot talk, that is fact!

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.
Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: sticksteer] #3945032 01/12/13 10:38 PM
E
E-Cigrettman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
[quote=sticksteer]does anyone really think that some fathers son in uniform would fire on his own people," quote

The general active duty soldier or as you put it "fathers son in uniform" is going to do what he is ORDERED to do regardless of if you think he is gonna have a moral issue because of it being on American soil.Do some research and you will see that they have been doing active door to door training for a while on American soil.

Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: TheNightHunter] #3945598 01/13/13 01:52 AM
RKHarm24 Offline
sergeant
sergeant
Originally Posted By: TheNightHunter
This makes me wonder, whats the point of hording all of these high capacity semi-auto handguns and rifles if they are just going to confiscate it from you in the future? I mean first you will be required by law to register all weapons in your household. Then this....

http://www.infowars.com/obama-would-call-on-military-to-disarm-americans-during-national-emergency/

You don't give them up. You don't claim them when asked if you have anything on the list to be claimed. Yes Night Hunter, You will be lying to s city, state or Federal person.
What are they going to do, Send you to Siberia?

Re: Weapons Confiscation [Re: E-Cigrettman] #3945732 01/13/13 02:25 AM
C
centexrancher Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
I dont believe there is any chance at all that weapons will be confiscated

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide