Forums46
Topics538,313
Posts9,735,687
Members87,082
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas [Re: Captain39] #3676456 10/20/12 01:53 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Captain39
To all you real estate experts on here, many who don't own land, I own the place across the street from this land. You might want to actually view the land before talking. We have excellent access to hwy 41, electricity, & currently he is able to use my water well when needed. The land sells for higher than the rest of Edwards county cause location & convenience. Plus he has a awesome neighbor across the street!

What is going to be the tell of the tape is what the CMV is on the property. this is the job of the listing agent.

many agents, when confronted with a buyer who thinks his land is worth more than it is (I am not describing this property) will take a listing at the price the landowner wants rather than trying to advise him on a asking price based upon reserch of recently sold properties. all the property is going to do at that time is serve as bait to get calls and then flip buyers to properties that are priced in line.

Again, I'm not describing this property, I haven't seen it or its location. if it is in far eastern edwards county, off hwy 41, its going to bring a higher price per acre than stuff around barksdale or carta valley.

BTW captain, I am a farm and ranch real estate agent, currently working on getting my brokers license

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas [Re: txtrophy85] #3681612 10/22/12 04:36 PM
JohnRussell Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Land is worth what a person is willing to pay for. Does not matter what other land around you is selling for, really. We have bought 4 tracts over the past 1-2 years in SW Edwards county and it ranged between 900-1057 an acre, depending on what the owners (previous) wanted for that tract and how badly they wanted to sell it.

Since then, we have added electricity, a cabin, and rainwater collection.

Still, we would be hard pressed to sell it for $2000 an acre right now unless you add in the fact we have some really good neighbors, and a turn-key operation... i.e. pens around the feeders, nice comfy stands with padded bench seats etc for us older and less 'rugged-inclined' folks wink

As was stated, I talk almost daily with real estate folks in the area as a lot of people I know out there are either trying to buy or trying to sell and, frankly, on any given day someone might walk into the office and offer more or less than what the asking price is or the value.

My suggestion is, do your research, and then quietly PM folks on here that own or lease or sell land down there and be respectful not to mess with anyone's sale.

Again, jmo.. but a man has a right to ask any price he wants and buyer beware.

R

Hunting is easy..it's getting permission from your wife that is tough.
Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas [Re: JohnRussell] #3685711 10/23/12 09:56 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
In most cases, land is worth what the bank appraises it at.

There have been some places sell for outrageous asking prices, but they have something that typical places dont (lodging,location, big water,live water,etc)

A guy isn't going to walk into a office and offer more than asking price in today's market, I can assure you.

We have sold some properties at top dollar recently, and to the individual purchasing them, it was worth paying for. But in every instance, there was something about the property that was very unique.

As an owner, you certainly have the right to ask whatever you want for it, but if it's high be prepared for it to sit on the market.

In a county like Edwards, where a lot of property changes hands, it's pretty easy to get a bead on what the current market value is of like type properties

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas [Re: txtrophy85] #3689909 10/25/12 02:26 AM
JohnRussell Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
agreed. Just PM folks on here that own land or sell land in that area and we will give you our thoughts without disrupting the OPs sale.

R

Hunting is easy..it's getting permission from your wife that is tough.
Re: Hunting Land For Sale 53+/- acres Edwards Co. (Rocksprings) Texas [Re: JohnRussell] #3937438 01/10/13 04:22 PM
F
firesheriff Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
F
Reduced to $130,000.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide