Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: rebeltex] #3924520 01/07/13 06:15 AM
T
TheCloudX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
like everyone said, he's getting you to pay for him and his buddies hunting. Time to move on.

For what it's worth, I can sympathize a little. My family just lost our land (death in the family that cause a bankruptcy) that we've had for about 10-15 years (to tired to remember how much). Shot my first buck and pig on that land, and watched my dad do the same. At first it was hard losing it. But, now, I'm on my own lease and am making new memories on new land. The challenge of finding a new area and figuring out the patterns has actually been really enjoyable. Like the old saying, home is where the heart is, so to will be where you hunt so long as you continue to make memories with those that matter. Good luck finding a new spot, if that's the path you take.

Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: TheCloudX] #3924649 01/07/13 11:54 AM
M
macec3(TX) Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
Like the other posts have said, he wants you hunters to pay for their family fun. Tell him to cram it.
Just thinking about all the lease requirements he wants, I would rather be at work.
Lightning could strike the cabin and burn it down. It really could.

Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: Sneaky] #3924688 01/07/13 12:22 PM
D
DMW Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Way too many hunters for way too little land! Like the others have said...he is getting you to pay for his hunting. The price is nice, that is just about the only good thing about that situation. I would not hunt there under those conditions. In my opinion, those are CS rules, and they were put in place for the SIL's benefit. I would not be at all surprised if in a couple more years (if you stay), you will be kicked off that land, since now the SIL would have two years of protein fed deer, and free scouting reports with no effort at all on his part. Like Johny Cash once said..."I'll be gone like a wild goose in winter".....!!!!

Dennis
Benefactor Life Member NRA
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: CinchMan] #3924722 01/07/13 12:57 PM
F
fishhuntgolfgeek Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
Originally Posted By: CinchMan
He will provide us with protein
Record keeping: it is now mandatory that all hunters keep a daily log of what they see every time they go to the stand. Any pertinent information must be wrote down, if it's a buck, how big?, points, approx age, etc. how many doe, what varmints, pigs, time of day, location on property etc.) they would also like to see pictures from our game cameras. In addition, any animal harvested you must present an electronic photograph to LO. Daily logs must be turned in after every hunt.

This lease agreement was written with the sole purpose of driving you off the land. As any good lawyer can tell you, the devil is in the details. If you feel compelled to hunt this property and sign the lease....fulfill the contract terms, however, who's to say you didn't see that monster buck in the northeast side of the lease or other locations on the property? And who's to say the game camera pics of that monster buck were not necessarily shot on the property? You can hunt the property and fulfill the terms of the lease, but, it doesn't mean that all the information you provide to the LO has to be accurate (if you know what I mean). Personally, I would just move on. But if you can't move on, then be creative in fulfilling your lease terms. Wink, wink... 2cents

Live Free or Die...
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: CinchMan] #3924880 01/07/13 02:15 PM
W
wrknonit Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
And he got insulted and indignant when you suggested that his sons could shoot a deer out from under you? really? Really? REALLY? The contract is written and worded so they can do exactly that and you would have no recourse whatsoever about it. You pay his feed bills, do all the scouting for them, he writes the most idiotic contract that I have personall ever seen, expects you to like it, and he has the GALL to be indignant and insulted. REALLY?
texas

always room for another buddy!

Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: wrknonit] #3924896 01/07/13 02:19 PM
C
CinchMan Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: wrknonit
And he got insulted and indignant when you suggested that his sons could shoot a deer out from under you? really? Really? REALLY? The contract is written and worded so they can do exactly that and you would have no recourse whatsoever about it. You pay his feed bills, do all the scouting for them, he writes the most idiotic contract that I have personall ever seen, expects you to like it, and he has the GALL to be indignant and insulted. REALLY?
texas

He's is a yankee. confused2

Say When.....
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: wrknonit] #3924931 01/07/13 02:30 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Sounds like this guy is looking to keep his hands clean and still get a to hunt. Did you read anywhere in the contract about if he or his sons kill deer the guys leaing have to clean it? That's a pretty shady deal to say the least. It does sound like he wants to make you guys into ranch hands. You're right to think that he will use you to improve the heard for his benefit and when your not looking take the deer you helped to raise. I'd hate to see what would happen if one of your crew shot a monster buck. He'd probably find a way to screw you out of it.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: hook_n_line] #3924944 01/07/13 02:32 PM
L
LandPirate Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
This whole situation would be like leasing a house and then having the owner, his family and buddies come over whenever they like, watch my tv, eat my food, sleep in my bed and poop in toilet. No way Jose.

Mike
Buda, Tx
Hunt near Freer
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: LandPirate] #3924976 01/07/13 02:40 PM
S
splash556 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
S
Any other place you would be called the guide or outfitter and get paid for it rather than paying for it.

Drop a dookie in the cabin and move on.
Maybe fish oil in the rafters. I hear bugs love fish oil. Smell aint great either and lasts.
Bag of quickrete in the toilet?

I know, I know, childish.........

Last edited by splash556; 01/07/13 02:40 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: splash556] #3925014 01/07/13 02:49 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Feed so his family can hunt any large buck on the place, I think not. If you agree to these terms, you can bet there will be more following these. I think I would put my efforts into finding another lease.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: BenBob] #3925028 01/07/13 02:54 PM
T
TRIJI....WHAT Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
I bet I can guess who this guy voted for this past year.......

Give me.....Give me......Give me.......Take......Take.....Take

Screw the guy and tell him you are leaving but wait until the last second to do it!

Shhhhhhhh better to be quiet than remove all doubt..
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: splash556] #3925075 01/07/13 03:07 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Originally Posted By: splash556
Any other place you would be called the guide or outfitter and get paid for it rather than paying for it.

Drop a dookie in the cabin and move on.
Maybe fish oil in the rafters. I hear bugs love fish oil. Smell aint great either and lasts.
Bag of quickrete in the toilet?

I know, I know, childish.........
I like it. Maybe not the quickrete part but the others.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: Erathkid] #3925146 01/07/13 03:27 PM
C
CinchMan Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
Claims he's talked to a lot of other ranchers and leasers, and a guy in Palo Pinto off of Highway 4 that sells hunts and he used most of their material to make up his contract.

bs

Say When.....
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: TurkeyHunter] #3925251 01/07/13 03:51 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Bummer, but it is time to leave.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: Cast] #3925274 01/07/13 03:57 PM
C
CinchMan Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
What is really wrong about the whole thing is we've always been close to this family. My grandfather and his buddies started hunting with the original LO in the 60s and then on this particular property since '82. 6 of us from the lease were paul bearers at the original LOs funeral. When the original LO gave the property to his D and SIL they wanted to remodel the house. So my grandfather did all the electrical work FOR FREE. I helped him wire it. No cost of material, labor, nothing. Another guy on our lease headed the project cause he's a fireman/carpenter and did his part basically free of labor. The LOs sons are big tournament archers and the LO turned his barn into an indoor archery range for them, he needed better lighting in there. Guess who did the work and got the lights for free? Us. When the SIL and the D got married at the ranch the original LO needed a gazebo built for the ceremony, guess who built it? My grandfathers and his buddies. And now the SIL wants to pull this crap all so his sons can have the ultimate upper hand in hunting the entire property. We had
800 acres, he cut it to 493. Giving his 3 boys over 600 acres to hunt between the 3 of them. Now they need all of it? He comes down and has this meeting and gives us this sob story about how they're hurting for money pretty bad. He just bought a brand new $30k tractor, a $15-20k 0 turn diesel mower, his sons get the latest bows every year with all the gear, new shotguns, he bought them $700 pistols for Christmas, a brand new mule etc. and he's going to bitch about hurting for money? The original LO left him a house 3 barns, over $100k of machinery (easy), A LAKE HOUSE AT PK LAKE THEY DO NOTHING WITH, and almost 1000 acres. And then on top of that, who knows how much actual money. And they have people drilling for oil on there so he's getting money for that, he just took his son on a bear hunt in Canada, they go on hunts to KS and SoDak all the time. It's a joke. We dont have a single problem with the price. We know he could get $1500-2000 a gun because its 1 hr from Ft Worth and has a cabin. But these lease rules are insulting. This is man that's used to getting his way wherever he goes and because of our generosity and kindness he feels that he can take advantage of us. He can keep it. As much as I want to stay for my grandfather I refuse to be run over and abused by this joke of a man. His view of what's fair and right or wrong is twisted beyond belief and he may find some sucker that'll take his rules and be fine, but it won't be us. He tells us he gets offers all the time from guys who'd gladly abide by those rules and pay $2k a gun. Good for him. They won't stay long. 1st time they drive up to their stand an his sons are loading a super nice 10pt in their brand new Polaris, it'll be over. The fact that he got this cabin high and dry drives me nuts. I seriously hope nothing is wrong with it when we leave....that'd be tragic. It's a bitter, unfair end to a good thing.

Say When.....
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: Cast] #3925295 01/07/13 04:02 PM
A
Armalite260 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
I'm speechless, and that takes a lot! I'd pack up my things and haul butt. I wouldn't even speak to the DB. We all know he doesn't give two hoots what you have say, so why waste your energy. I'd really want to leave my signature before leaving, but it's not worth it. I hate to hear this, good luck finding another place.
boxing

Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: Armalite260] #3925312 01/07/13 04:10 PM
P
Pope&Young Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
There is absolutely nothing in his contract to benefit the paid hunters!!!
You would think the new LO has lost his mind, but WHEN (not if) he gets sucker hunters to agree on his terms of the lease. It will be genius move on his part.
The season is now over so start looking for a new lease today.
Be advised... Good leases are hard to come by and if you start your search early you could find a dandy!!! But be ready to pay allot more money for a good lease.

[Linked Image]
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: CinchMan] #3925331 01/07/13 04:15 PM
A
Armalite260 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: CinchMan
What is really wrong about the whole thing is we've always been close to this family. My grandfather and his buddies started hunting with the original LO in the 60s and then on this particular property since '82. 6 of us from the lease were paul bearers at the original LOs funeral. When the original LO gave the property to his D and SIL they wanted to remodel the house. So my grandfather did all the electrical work FOR FREE. I helped him wire it. No cost of material, labor, nothing. Another guy on our lease headed the project cause he's a fireman/carpenter and did his part basically free of labor. The LOs sons are big tournament archers and the LO turned his barn into an indoor archery range for them, he needed better lighting in there. Guess who did the work and got the lights for free? Us. When the SIL and the D got married at the ranch the original LO needed a gazebo built for the ceremony, guess who built it? My grandfathers and his buddies. And now the SIL wants to pull this crap all so his sons can have the ultimate upper hand in hunting the entire property. We had
800 acres, he cut it to 493. Giving his 3 boys over 600 acres to hunt between the 3 of them. Now they need all of it? He comes down and has this meeting and gives us this sob story about how they're hurting for money pretty bad. He just bought a brand new $30k tractor, a $15-20k 0 turn diesel mower, his sons get the latest bows every year with all the gear, new shotguns, he bought them $700 pistols for Christmas, a brand new mule etc. and he's going to bitch about hurting for money? The original LO left him a house 3 barns, over $100k of machinery (easy), A LAKE HOUSE AT PK LAKE THEY DO NOTHING WITH, and almost 1000 acres. And then on top of that, who knows how much actual money. And they have people drilling for oil on there so he's getting money for that, he just took his son on a bear hunt in Canada, they go on hunts to KS and SoDak all the time. It's a joke. We dont have a single problem with the price. We know he could get $1500-2000 a gun because its 1 hr from Ft Worth and has a cabin. But these lease rules are insulting. This is man that's used to getting his way wherever he goes and because of our generosity and kindness he feels that he can take advantage of us. He can keep it. As much as I want to stay for my grandfather I refuse to be run over and abused by this joke of a man. His view of what's fair and right or wrong is twisted beyond belief and he may find some sucker that'll take his rules and be fine, but it won't be us. He tells us he gets offers all the time from guys who'd gladly abide by those rules and pay $2k a gun. Good for him. They won't stay long. 1st time they drive up to their stand an his sons are loading a super nice 10pt in their brand new Polaris, it'll be over. The fact that he got this cabin high and dry drives me nuts. I seriously hope nothing is wrong with it when we leave....that'd be tragic. It's a bitter, unfair end to a good thing.

Don't get all wrapped up in what he has or does regarding his money or kids! Sounds like he's rather climb a ladder to tell you a lie rather than stand on the ground and tell you the truth. Karma will come around, he'll do this to another group who will destroy that place when they leave..

Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: Armalite260] #3925418 01/07/13 04:41 PM
C
Coach W Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Theres still time to drive down with a truck full of your buddies and shoot EVERY DOE on the place.

Im off this coming weekend. Have gun will travel. laugh

I'd then grab all my stuff, burn the stuff I didnt want to keep and get the heck out.

THEN, I'd string him along as long as I could about payment... Keep him hooked up with yall so he couldnt fil it on CL for atleast two months.

When I left Id grabe the biggest chain and lock I could find and put a new chain and lock on the gate for him... and wouldnt give him a key. laugh

Screw that guy!

Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: Coach W] #3925443 01/07/13 04:46 PM
C
CinchMan Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
He said his sons and their buddies planned to hunt coyotes out of our stands this weekend, they'll be a little disappointed when they see the giant padlock on mine.

Say When.....
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: CinchMan] #3925510 01/07/13 05:10 PM
T
TXW Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Time to move on and post the LO's name so no one on the Forum gets duped.

Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: stxranchman] #3925511 01/07/13 05:10 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Time to pack it up and move on.

^^ agree

Id take the hi road. Call them up tell them your not pleased with their offer and not pleased that they arent decent reasonable people like their Grandfather was and he is probably rolling in his grave and you want no part of it. Then pack you stuff, look around at what used to be soak it all in one last time and get. May as well remember it for what it was not with one last horible season.

matt

It's hell eatin em live
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: CinchMan] #3925534 01/07/13 05:17 PM
T
TxAg Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Typically I am a fan of a good lease agreement (contract) between lessees and owners. But his terms are ridiculous. It seems pretty clear that he's trying to take advantage of y'alls history and good will.

As others have said, time to call it a good run and say Adios.

Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: redchevy] #3925549 01/07/13 05:21 PM
C
CinchMan Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
I've never in my life had to look for a lease or anything. Guess I'll learn what this game is all about real quick.

Say When.....
Re: What Would You Do? (long read) [Re: CinchMan] #3925766 01/07/13 06:26 PM
S
Slow Drifter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I'd plant Corydalis at all the stands and feeders, anywhere it'll go, and move on. He wants you to do all the work to make it a nice place and will likely either jack the price up again or kick y'all off altogether once it's all done.

edited to add: Deer can't stand Corydalis and will avoid it. Once it's growing it's nearly impossible to get rid of.

edited again to add: I'd even volunteer to plant the "food plots" where you aren't allowed to hunt. Just to be "neighborly."

Last edited by Slow Drifter; 01/07/13 06:31 PM.

"I have no idea what WW-III will be fought with, but WW-IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

A. Einstein

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide