Forums46
Topics538,392
Posts9,736,642
Members87,089
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: nice shot] #3905867 01/01/13 09:23 PM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: nice shot
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85

I've also got my truck and we raise our own animals. . . . "My type of folk" are realistic. Plain and simple. This goes beyond capitalism. . . But I guess if you feel better about yourself for trying to jack the price of an AR up through the roof then go for it. More power to you. Sleep well as a thief.

ok...so what your saying is the sale of ammo and AR accessories should be regulated in regards to price, right?

if thats the case then they will also regulate, when, where, and how much a person can buy.

Forget that noise

My god, you really do love an argument dont ya? It doesnt have anything to do with regulating. Its a simple statement, people who are jacking the prices up and are creating this fear are the problem. When, in any of my posts, have you ever read anything about me calling for the regulation of anything by the government? The government is the last thing I want involved with ANYTHING. Especially firearms.

So what about magazines and ARs on Gunbroker that start at $.01 without a reserve and they sell for 2-5x MSRP? I guess the seller of these auctions are taking advantage of people and making them bid?!?! You need to get real.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: caldwelldeerhunter] #3906183 01/01/13 11:12 PM
T
Team By-God Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I'm sick of the lack of supply. Got a trip planned for Dallas in 2 weeks maybe someone there has reloading components. We don't have a big selection in Odessa/Midland especially these days.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: Team By-God] #3906207 01/01/13 11:22 PM
J
jhenderson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I personally dont see it as price gouging in a lot of cases. Sure some of this is but if people are willing to pay it, its not gouging. Its no different than buying a house, a car, jewelery, etc. what it sells for is what the market is dictating. Lots of no reserve auctions on gun broker with a starting bid of .01 and people running it up from there. Most dealers have not really changed prices unless the cost to them changed and in that case, why shouldnt they. I have seen some dealers marking it way up and saying they want to sell it but if they do sell it they may or may not be able to get a replacement. I would say it is the people buying in a panic causing this. Ar's and ak's are getting scarce on most shelves, ammo almost non existent, mags are gone. Buyers dictate what a seller can get. Now is a sellers market, not a buyers unless you are looking for bolt rifles and shotguns. Most people are to tied up in the panic to watch for those deals but I can tell you there have been plenty.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: nice shot] #3906498 01/02/13 12:57 AM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
"A fool and his money soon part"

End of story.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: Rustler] #3906834 01/02/13 02:18 AM
D
DMW Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
YEP!

Dennis
Benefactor Life Member NRA
Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: 4Weight] #3906960 01/02/13 02:47 AM
B
bigpigtx Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Originally Posted By: 4Weight
In the market for a mini 14 for yotes but not at theses prices. I will wait

I've got a mini I've been wanting to sell.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: Lazy L] #3906969 01/02/13 02:49 AM
A
Aboud Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: Lazy L
I am more interested in who is buying all these guns. Most people I know wont buy one right now beacuse of the price hike and if you are looking to buy another one I am sure you will wait like a normal person for prices to go back to normal. Will anyone here admit you have purchased one recently and paid the high price tag?
I have not paid the high price tag but I guess I fall in the thief category according to nice shot. Buddy came over and we were talking guns and he continually tried to buy my mini 14 target rifle. After saying no 100 times as I had no interest in selling it he pulls out $2500 and I couldn't refuse. Call me a thief, call me a gouger but I couldn't pass that offer up. So the answer is yes people are paying crazy amounts to to get what they WANT and not BEING forced to pay high prices for what they NEED which implys price gouging.

Last edited by Aboud; 01/02/13 02:50 AM.
Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: Aboud] #3907167 01/02/13 03:31 AM
S
sprigsss Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Like mentioned before it's supply and demand. Its only gouging if its a product that you HAVE to HAVE to live.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: sprigsss] #3907260 01/02/13 03:51 AM
D
dickiedoo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Well with all this being said where is it right for a person to go by a ar style rifle from a store and then double and triple the price and sell to a total stranger in my eyes that's pretty DUMB.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: sprigsss] #3907262 01/02/13 03:52 AM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: sprigsss
Like mentioned before it's supply and demand. Its only gouging if its a product that you HAVE to HAVE to live.

This^^^ If it bothers anyone then it's their own fault for waiting for the obvious. Those who call it price gouging just had their heads in the sand too long!

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: Jimbo] #3907550 01/02/13 05:41 AM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
I dont mid the heads up on a good deal!! if the mags are in stock. I also dont think it's gouging, just taking advantage of a situation. Maybe in the future the guys that paid high for low quality AR's, may or may not have regrets, but then again they could be right.

Next time a "nut job" goes on a "rampage", I hope he uses a slingshot and acorns, I'll get rich selling acorns for ammo, just say'in

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: Western] #3907655 01/02/13 06:51 AM
L
longhorn_cop Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
L
The gun/ammo companis love it im sure

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: longhorn_cop] #3907821 01/02/13 01:11 PM
G
GLC Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G
I think that those that are buying now at ridiculous high prices deserve what they get, over inflated valued items. Dont feel sorry for the buyers at all. Not like they are buying necessities of life like food or shelter. We are all supposed to evaluate what our "needs" are and make "wise" decisions when purchasing them. If someone goes a little crazy when buying something it is his or her own fault. We have no responsibility for that. Heck, I may put out my AR 10 for trade on a nice 3 bedroom home, maybe I will get a bite?

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: GLC] #3907844 01/02/13 01:20 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
I guess yall dont remember what a "pre ban" AR went for during the last ban! IF and thats a big IF there is a ban the "fool" that bought the $800 AR for $1500 will be sitting pretty. And the guy with 100 pmags that paid $12 for will have a ton of extra cash! Just going off what went on last time.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: caldwelldeerhunter] #3908062 01/02/13 02:45 PM
J
Johnny Bone Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
Happens everywhere. Happens at some places more than others. It is a real shame too. If folks are worried about your guns and liberties being taken away, I would want to get more out to law bidding citizens , faster to make it harder on the government.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: Johnny Bone] #3911139 01/03/13 05:12 AM
B
Bama2 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Prices will be that high until people quit paying them!!

stovallcustomknives @facebook
Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: Team By-God] #3911149 01/03/13 05:15 AM
N
nice shot Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
N
Originally Posted By: Team By-God
I'm sick of the lack of supply. Got a trip planned for Dallas in 2 weeks maybe someone there has reloading components. We don't have a big selection in Odessa/Midland especially these days.

I just found a kit I plan on ordering from midway. Cheap single stage. . .

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: Johnny Bone] #3911155 01/03/13 05:16 AM
N
nice shot Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
N
Originally Posted By: Johnny Bone
Happens everywhere. Happens at some places more than others. It is a real shame too. If folks are worried about your guns and liberties being taken away, I would want to get more out to law bidding citizens , faster to make it harder on the government.

Hey becareful with that common sense, your going to offend people and they wil think your some pro union communist. . . .

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: TexFlip] #3911163 01/03/13 05:19 AM
N
nice shot Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
N
Originally Posted By: TexFlip

So what about magazines and ARs on Gunbroker that start at $.01 without a reserve and they sell for 2-5x MSRP? I guess the seller of these auctions are taking advantage of people and making them bid?!?! You need to get real.

You mean the ones with the auto bid set up on them? Ever notice you bid something by even 1$ only to have the same screen name beat you by the exact dollar ammount you just bid. . . . all the way up to the reserve price of the identical item on GB?

Nope, definately no price gouging there. No way to cheat on GB and work the numbers to your favor. . . . its a freaking business genius, its designed to make money for the sellers. . . .

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: Aboud] #3911173 01/03/13 05:24 AM
N
nice shot Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
N
Originally Posted By: Aboud
I am more interested in who is buying all these guns. Most people I know wont buy one right now beacuse of the price hike and if you are looking to buy another one I am sure you will wait like a normal person for prices to go back to normal. Will anyone here admit you have purchased one recently and paid the high price tag?
I have not paid the high price tag but I guess I fall in the thief category according to nice shot. Buddy came over and we were talking guns and he continually tried to buy my mini 14 target rifle. After saying no 100 times as I had no interest in selling it he pulls out $2500 and I couldn't refuse. Call me a thief, call me a gouger but I couldn't pass that offer up. So the answer is yes people are paying crazy amounts to to get what they WANT and not BEING forced to pay high prices for what they NEED which implys price gouging.

Someone paid you $2,500 in cash (US currency) for a Ruger mini14?

I'm so lost for words I dont even know what to say regarding that. . . . I wouldnt pay cash for one, let alone a pay check. . . .

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: nice shot] #3911636 01/03/13 02:24 PM
J
Johnny Bone Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
Originally Posted By: Aboud

Someone paid you $2,500 in cash (US currency) for a Ruger mini14?

I'm so lost for words I dont even know what to say regarding that. . . . I wouldnt pay cash for one, let alone a pay check. . . .
Do you still have the mans number who bought said mini 14? I am in the market to unload a few fire arms.

Last edited by Johnny Bone; 01/03/13 02:25 PM. Reason: felt like it....
Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: Johnny Bone] #3911755 01/03/13 02:53 PM
C
CaveManRancher Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
I'm sure I'm gonna get blasted but come the heck on. It is a FREE market, supply and demand..... If there is a lack of supply and tons of demand and someone is willing to pay your asking price, what the heck is wrong with that? Just because you "KNOW" what the "Fair" price is for an item doesn't mean jack, jack. its funny to me how people think a business should sell their products at cost....or if some how a customer finds out what I paid for something and wants me to sell that item to them at cost...like that's gonna pay employees or the light bill... I dont care if I paid 1 cent for something, if the going price is $50 bucks, guess what? If you didn't buy something and now the price is up and your gripe because you missed your chance..... confused The market on a new firearm is 10 to 15%?! So that retailer had to pay the price of that item, $1,000 let say,and have it sit on his shelf to POSSIBLY make $100 and your upset?! Then the demand skyrockets and supply dwindles and people are willing to pay more...GOOD FOR HIM! It happens with every product on the market. everyone else is giving their 2 cents so there is mine...rant over....maybe

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: Aboud] #3911790 01/03/13 03:01 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
High prices will only last as long as there is someone to pay them. On the flip side, who would sell his product for less than folks are willing to pay?

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: dfwroadkill] #3911794 01/03/13 03:02 PM
Rob Lay Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Free Market or vote Democrat.

Re: Are you sick of the price gouging? [Re: CaveManRancher] #3911873 01/03/13 03:20 PM
R
rowlettmp Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
R
The other side of the free market coin is...

While some desperate buyers drive the prices up, other consumers are angerd, refuse to give in to the gouging but have long memories. Price gougers lose valuable life long customers and in the long run, wonder why their business failed. These same suppliers are often the same ones that complain about the big box stores taking all their business. Mean while, those retailers that offered a fair and reasonable price gain consumer confidence and flurish.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide