Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: cameron00] #3896737 12/30/12 03:13 AM
H
huntingbig8 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: cameron00
[quote=huntingbig8]You guys are what makes management tough, we feed them and let them age and grow and your cheap asses shoot them as soon as they jump the fence. It's tough luck kid, but don't quit trying.

I'd be willing to bet a lot of people posting on this thread spend more time and money managing their places than you do. I've let many a buck I could have killed with a throwing knife walk because they were too young only to find my neighbor skinning them later on. Don't get me wrong, I definitely gave him my two cents afterwards, but it didn't change anything, and I didn't expect it to.
Cam-I'd be willing to take you up on that at any point. The point is that the kid was letting a young deer walk, surely many of you have let deer walk for one reason or another. If it hops the fence and gets shot then damn the luck, he can still say it sucks on a forum just like all of you have an opinion.

Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: grout-scout] #3897544 12/30/12 02:59 PM
E
E-Cigrettman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
I'm confused !! Did this happen to the OP or his son or is it just a general letter ?

Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: E-Cigrettman] #3897567 12/30/12 03:10 PM
C
craige Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: E-Cigrettman
I'm confused !! Did this happen to the OP or his son or is it just a general letter ?

The OP is the son of the land owner.

Love to see those pics......

Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: huntingpj] #3897603 12/30/12 03:23 PM
G
Glowka Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
G
Drag marks and blood across creek.

Wicked Catch Prostaff. Ultimate Fishing Apparel
www.wickedcatchgear.com
Enter code: WCPROSTAFF-CGLOWKA under "Redeem Coupon Code or Unique ID" for a 5% discount!
Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: Glowka] #3897615 12/30/12 03:26 PM
G
Glowka Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
G
I don't know the guy. I haven't seen him on that land before but have seen people hunting on this strip. I might have been a relative that was over for the holidays.
I have the Kendall co GW in my phone book.

www.wickedcatchgear.com
Enter code: WCPROSTAFF-CGLOWKA under "Redeem Coupon Code or Unique ID" for a 5% discount!
Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: Glowka] #3897913 12/30/12 05:20 PM
H
Hopedale Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I've read this thread and just wondering why everyone had dog piled this kid for ranting?

Seems like I've read several post on here before about someone hunting on the fence line and everyone get's pissed at the fence hunters.

Is it because this kid is privileged?

[Linked Image]
Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: Hopedale] #3897930 12/30/12 05:26 PM
J
joedav31 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
i have to agree with hopedale

Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: joedav31] #3897984 12/30/12 05:48 PM
G
Glowka Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
G
I don't care about being criticized. I was ranting because he shoots and does nothing for the deer. He feeds once a year and shoots everything. Esp. because there's foul play here.

www.wickedcatchgear.com
Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: Glowka] #3898021 12/30/12 06:04 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Hey Glowka, I asked before but not sure I got the answer. Does this guy get his axcess from Wengenroth road? There might be several pieces of land like this but I have a cousin (kinda like a cousin anyways) that has a piece of land that touches a place just like what you are describing. If your dad bought yalls place from a Jennings & Campbell then I know its def the same place.
If I remember correctly my uncle who runs her ranch isn't real fond of that landowner either.

Last edited by grout-scout; 12/30/12 06:05 PM.
Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: grout-scout] #3898051 12/30/12 06:18 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I'm reading three separate rants here:
The guy is hunting near a fenceline - He can do what he wants on his side of the fence (assuming he has permission to hunt that land).
The guy shoots animals and doesn't feed much - He can do what he wants on his side of the fence (assuming he has permission to hunt that land).
The guy shot across the fence onto the OP's land - This is complete crap and the guy needs to be reported and prosecuted for it.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: Hopedale] #3898102 12/30/12 06:44 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Hopedale
I've read this thread and just wondering why everyone had dog piled this kid for ranting?

Seems like I've read several post on here before about someone hunting on the fence line and everyone get's pissed at the fence hunters.

Class warfare? I just think its funny that people get all butt hurt over what someone else does on their own land.

Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: BOONER] #3898120 12/30/12 06:50 PM
L
lharrell79 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
The situation you're describing sucks, but there's not much you or a GW can do about it. Even with your photos, unless you can get the hunter to admit to the GW what he did, it will be very hard to pin it on him.

Furthermore, as for hunting on his 10 acre strip of land, that is his right. My suggestion would be to talk to him, let him know you found his tracks, and ask for an explanation on why he came onto your property. As for everything else, it's his property, and he can hunt wherever he wants on it.

Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: Hopedale] #3898127 12/30/12 06:54 PM
J
jmc82 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J

I jumped on him prior to the edit he made to justify his rant. That is/was a key piece of info that shouldn't have been left out.

Prior to the edit the story sounded like kid who thought a wild animal belonged to him since he has a feeder. After the edit, it makes a little more sense. But it would make more sense if he called the game warden immediately.

Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: Glowka] #3898269 12/30/12 07:56 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted By: Glowka
I, a 17 year old b[s][/s]oy has had the privilege to grow up doing I believe is about as hands-on as you can get. I live on an extoic breeding ranch in the hill country; I fill protein feeders, bottle feed babies, and cut and stack firewood to sell so I have money to do things. My ranch is HF however we have a creek that is LF. Here I do all my hunting from hogs, axis, WT, predators, and varmints.
Two summers ago, I spotted the biggest axis I have ever seen. (35 in +, 24 in wide, just estimates) That afternoon I went out and bought a feeder, 5 bags of corn, a game camera, and a bale of alfalfa with my own money. I set up everything I bought and have maintained it to this day.
two months ago, the axis made their presence known on my game camera and wiping out my alfalfa. I caught a male on my camera and knew he would be a trophy. Over the next few weeks I would go and sit in a brush blind I made and watch this axis. He was growing. Brow tines were coming out, as well as extra points at the base of his brows and main beams, his main beams had also started. Time had gone by and his brows were about 12 inches long in velvet and main beams still growing. A week ago his caudals had shown. He was going to be a wall hanger I had watched for what seemed like ever.
Two days ago, I went out to academy with my money from Christmas and bought a Game Winner 2 man quad pod to hunt out of. I set it up with the help of my cousin, with intentions of shooting this trophy axis in mid May-June for when he comes out of velvet.
This evening I was out with my father replacing burnt out light out bulbs that light our main gate entrance and heard a gun shot. I knew immediately where the shot came from. The 100 feet wide and 10 acre long "property" you own. Matter of fact, a state, land granted easement, granted in the 1800s for ranchers to heard their cattle to the creek for water, that you claimed squatters rights on. Due to the fact your blind and feeder are so close to my property I went to make sure all of our exotics were accounted for and you hadn't shot them.
I drove up to your feeder, that pretty much lays on top of the HF, that is filled a month out of the year, and saw an axis laying there, in velvet. "Are there extra points at his bases?" I asked you hoping to identify whether or not it was the axis I had watched for so long. Then came the answer I dreaded to hear, "Yes."
"You know this axis would have a big one?" I questioned.
"There's no doubt he would. With 12 inch brows and 28 inch main beams at least just at the bottom of it's caudals."
"I've been dying for one of these, my wife told me next time I see him to shoot him. There's another one anyway."
You've ruined hunting for me for a good while. There will be no shoulder mounted axis above my bed anymore thanks to you shooting him. This rant is more of based on the fact that you shot him in velvet and not giving him a chance to grow. Now please, do me a favor take your feeder of my fence line before the fence "moves" and knocks it over.
Sincerely,
Your newest fence driver.

EDIT: After much speculation I went to investigate where the deer was shot because the deer's feet looked wet, I decided to go look for blood on our side or the creek. Sure enough a found a drag line mixed with blood and hair. The deer was shot on the opposite side of the creek, which we own, and drug across the creek bottom on to his strip of land. Pics this afternoon.

Everything posted before the word "EDIT" is pointless and not worthy of a rant.

Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: huntingpj] #3898379 12/30/12 08:20 PM
D
Don Dial Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Young Man, there are a lot of deer and animals in the world..don't get to caught up in this..When you have small places
this and more happens..No one owns these animals, you worked at it and you learned a lot..By the way..Axis are legal to hunt at nite..they aren't regulated in most counties..In Bandera County the sausage folks from Kerrville used to come to Alkek's and shoot them w/a 223 and silencer and process them right there..One
of Alkek's guys told me they regularly shot 20 or more at a time.
DD

Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: Don Dial] #3898656 12/30/12 09:52 PM
S
STX Hog Hunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Im not even gonna comment other than, Be glad you have the land you have kid.

Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: STX Hog Hunter] #3898850 12/30/12 10:41 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:
EDIT: After much speculation I went to investigate where the deer was shot because the deer's feet looked wet, I decided to go look for blood on our side or the creek. Sure enough a found a drag line mixed with blood and hair. The deer was shot on the opposite side of the creek, which we own, and drug across the creek bottom on to his strip of land. Pics this afternoon.

Quote:

What forensic technique did you use to determine the location of the shooting? I am intrigued. I don't doubt the animal could have been shot and run. Such is discussed here quite frequently. So how do you know know it was shot on YOUR land? That you have blood and drag marks isn't sufficient. Anyone who has had an animal run across the fence line after being shot and had to drag it back had undoubedly made the same sort of blood trail. I have with hogs. I have also had animals not start pumping out blood until some distance from where they were shot.

That you said the feet looked wet is quite interesting because that is exactly what you would expect if the animal was shot, then crossed the creek where it fell dead and then was dragged back by the hunter.

Quote:
The guy is hunting near a fenceline - He can do what he wants on his side of the fence (assuming he has permission to hunt that land).
The guy shoots animals and doesn't feed much - He can do what he wants on his side of the fence (assuming he has permission to hunt that land).
The guy shot across the fence onto the OP's land - This is complete crap and the guy needs to be reported and prosecuted for it.

You missed ... on noting the ownership of the strip of land, Glowka said...

Quote:
Originally Posted By: grout-scout

I can bet alot of money I know where this 10 acres is at. Maybe off of Wenegroth ( prob misspelled) road??? Is it a landowner or a leaser?

Quote:

Correct. He doesn't own it. Which is my major arguement.

However, then in the edit, Glowka does in fact refer to the strip of land as the shooter's, LOL.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: Double Naught Spy] #3898882 12/30/12 10:51 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Quote:

Quote:

What forensic technique did you use to determine the location of the shooting? I am intrigued. I don't doubt the animal could have been shot and run. Such is discussed here quite frequently. So how do you know know it was shot on YOUR land? That you have blood and drag marks isn't sufficient. Anyone who has had an animal run across the fence line after being shot and had to drag it back had undoubedly made the same sort of blood trail. I have with hogs. I have also had animals not start pumping out blood until some distance from where they were shot.

That you said the feet looked wet is quite interesting because that is exactly what you would expect if the animal was shot, then crossed the creek where it fell dead and then was dragged back by the hunter.

Quote:

You missed ... on noting the ownership of the strip of land, Glowka said...

Quote:
Originally Posted By: grout-scout

I can bet alot of money I know where this 10 acres is at. Maybe off of Wenegroth ( prob misspelled) road??? Is it a landowner or a leaser?

Quote:

Correct. He doesn't own it. Which is my major arguement.

However, then in the edit, Glowka does in fact refer to the strip of land as the shooter's, LOL.

I'll defend him here. What he meant was this strip was orignally an easement so people couldnt get landlocked. But the shooter most likely does indeed own it now because of the way tax rolls work and what not (basically squaters rights).
Even if the buck ran onto Glowkas property the shooter was legally required to contact the landowner of the property that the deer ran onto, not necessarily an easy matter and either way it's gonna be trespassing. So it's a lose lose for the shooter if he follows the law.

Last edited by grout-scout; 12/30/12 10:52 PM.
Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: Grizz] #3899150 12/30/12 11:56 PM
M
Mud Shark Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: grizz

This is well said also.

To the folks criticizing Glowka because he's been "dealt a better hunting hand " than you, please grow up a bit and lay off the kid.

He's probably been told, like I was, that if you work hard and you do the right thing, that it'll pay off in the end. Those of us who are older realize that it's not true and for lack of a better term, $hit happens.

It's a sucky lesson to learn, but it's better to learn it when you're young than when you're a grown [censored] man trying to provide a living for your family and you work for a company that has bad morals and ethics and you don't get a fair shake then. (I know from personal experience)

But Glowka, you've learned your lesson, so please don't put your feeder right next to the fence line and expect any other results than what you got.

Last edited by Mud Shark; 12/31/12 12:04 AM.

Mud Shark

Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: Mud Shark] #3900115 12/31/12 03:33 AM
Rob Lay Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I feel bad for you Glowka, but that's why I like the challenge of low fence hunting. If he was in your high fence then you could have fed him up as long as you wanted, more likely not to have neighbor poach, and you could have shot him when you wanted hard horned. you just experienced some of the biggest challenges of low fence with surprise you had a nice animal, trying to pin him down, and then a neighbor ended up poaching him.

Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: Rob Lay] #3901764 12/31/12 05:38 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Shooting across property lines is very hard to prove unless you have direct and indisputable evidence. That said, I remember about 30+ years ago when I was a kid down in Starr county (South Texas) we were hunting and heard a gunshot which sounded really close to our property line. As luck would have it, the our landowner was out hunting with us and while out quail hunting later that morning near where the shot was heard, we came across a center neck shot spike about 200 yards off the fenceline. About that time, the neighbors were driving down the fenceline towards us possibly to retrieve the spike. Anyhow, the our landowner flagged them and told them they could come up to our camphouse to retrieve the spike and the GW would be there too. In the next 3 years, we never heard any close property gunshots. This was a pretty clear cut case; not sure that your's was as clearcut, IMO.

Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: DQ Kid] #3902579 12/31/12 09:56 PM
C
caldwelldeerhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Im still amazed that your 17 and you said your WIFE said to shoot it. your married and 17 years old

If I put my wife in a high fence will her rack get bigger?
[Linked Image]
Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: caldwelldeerhunter] #3902649 12/31/12 10:14 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter
Im still amazed that your 17 and you said your WIFE said to shoot it. your married and 17 years old

trout He was quoting the shooter.

Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: caldwelldeerhunter] #3902651 12/31/12 10:14 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter

He didn't shoot it. The neighbor did. His neighbor is the married one.

Re: Dear My Fence Hunting Neighbor [Re: Sneaky] #3902842 12/31/12 11:00 PM
P
Pope&Young Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Look on the bright side...
You now own the following - deer feeder, game camera and a Game Winner 2 man quad pod stand.
When I was 17 years old I hunted corn piles while perch up in a tree sitting on a 2x6.

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide