Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics538,239
Posts9,734,695
Members87,077
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
My experience with Spikes Tactical, not happy with their quality control nor customer service #3893332 12/28/12 11:37 PM
G
Gingerbeard Man Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
G
I have been posting this on all the forums I am on in hopes that Spikes will finally take notice.

About 9 months ago I bought my first stripped lower from AIM, I got the ever so popular spider lower. I was completely stoked...that was until I built it and but my ARP upper on it. I quickly found it difficult to release my rear takedown pin. After messing around with it I asked a few guys who knew more than I did about AR's. It was our conclusion that the tolerances were just a tad out of spec. Eventually I emailed Spikes. I spoke with a couple guys, the last was Miles Stump (iirc). I have to go back and look at my emails! Well, they kept claiming it was my upper, so I took it to a friend, slapped on his spikes upper, then a stripped spikes receiver, same issue, slapped my wife's PSA upper, same issue, my new LAR built upper still has the same issue, as did my father-in-law's RRA upper. They sent me a new takedown, didn't help.

I've been in touch with them, and they simply refuse to address the situation, at one time I went as far to say I would video tape it if they didn't believe me, in which they suggested I do so. Come on, do you really expect me to do all this? I bought it new, from a distributor, not used from someone online! All I want is it to be replaced with one that is not out of spec...nothing more, nothing less.

Am I wrong for wanting my moneys worth?

As of today, they were supposed to call me twice now, never did, then emailed me to call them, in which I couldn't get through. After leaving yet another voicemail, and more emails, I am still left holding the bag.

If you had good luck with them, good on you. This is not to BASH them, they produce quality stuff, but as with anything else in life, things happen, it's what you choose to do when problems arise that make you who you are!

Shame on you Spikes

P.S. if this is in the wrong spot, can a mod move it?

Do you own a GM vehicle? If so, join us here:
www.customgm.com
Re: My experience with Spikes Tactical, not happy with their quality control nor customer service [Re: Gingerbeard Man] #3893357 12/28/12 11:49 PM
G
grasshopperglock Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Youre not the first that has trouble with Spikes.

Seems there's lots of bad mojo with them as of late.

The owner isn't the most popular. Seems he like to call be people liars when their not.

Its like they have lost their ever loving mind. They could have been a real power player on the market. But they have really jacked things up with alot of folks.

Last edited by grasshopperglock; 12/28/12 11:50 PM.
Re: My experience with Spikes Tactical, not happy with their quality control nor customer service [Re: grasshopperglock] #3893382 12/28/12 11:59 PM
R
RayBob Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Well, I'll not buy their products based on this post!

Re: My experience with Spikes Tactical, not happy with their quality control nor customer service [Re: RayBob] #3893425 12/29/12 12:14 AM
R
rentzington Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
That stinks. I know every brand can have some lowers go through that just aren't right but the response is awful.... BUT I'm also sure they get a lot of people blaming the lower when they have no idea how to build one up (not saying that's you at all btw)

Re: My experience with Spikes Tactical, not happy with their quality control nor customer service [Re: rentzington] #3893435 12/29/12 12:19 AM
G
grasshopperglock Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
It will really tick you off if you go over to AR15com. Many a flame about spikes.

Lots of drama with the owner and lots of pee'd off folks over there quality control.

If they don't clean up their act, their headed to the blacklist.

Re: My experience with Spikes Tactical, not happy with their quality control nor customer service [Re: grasshopperglock] #3893477 12/29/12 12:30 AM
Core-Lokt Offline
Tracker
Tracker
WTH is it about these companies like PSA and Spike's? They get indifferent..arrogant once they make a name for themselves.

Core-Lokt:The deadliest mushroom in the woods
Re: My experience with Spikes Tactical, not happy with their quality control nor customer service [Re: Core-Lokt] #3893492 12/29/12 12:36 AM
R
rentzington Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted By: Core-Lokt
WTH is it about these companies like PSA and Spike's? They get indifferent..arrogant once they make a name for themselves.

I attribute some of it to growing too fast

Re: My experience with Spikes Tactical, not happy with their quality control nor customer service [Re: rentzington] #3894923 12/29/12 03:42 PM
G
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
G
Thanks guys! I know I read a few issues about Spike's lowers, there was talk of a bad batch...and I do fully understand things can happen.

I never to to ar15.com, I can't stand that place. They only forum I go for parts or tech is 68forums, I like the way they handle things.

I will try to keep this updated. Eventually I'll get around to adding all my emails to and from them that I have saved.

www.customgm.com
Re: My experience with Spikes Tactical, not happy with their quality control nor customer service [Re: Gingerbeard Man] #3895121 12/29/12 05:08 PM
G
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
G

www.customgm.com
Re: My experience with Spikes Tactical, not happy with their quality control nor customer service [Re: Gingerbeard Man] #3895147 12/29/12 05:17 PM
100%TEXAN Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: Gingerbeard Man

It probably wont. Ive seen worse threads than that stay around for a while.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide