Forums46
Topics539,027
Posts9,744,342
Members87,136
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: Ramball36] #3888582 12/27/12 03:13 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Originally Posted By: Ramball36
Nice grammar skills dawg

rofl

Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: BMD] #3888605 12/27/12 03:19 PM
#
#Hayraker Online Happy
Chihuahua
Online Happy
Chihuahua
#
It's kind of like a few years ago when that kid from Abilene started bragging about all the ducks he was slaying on a certain public lake.

I wonder whatever happened to that moron.

#sigline
Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: Sinkey] #3888632 12/27/12 03:27 PM
B
Ben Lilly Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
This is my first year duck hunting. I have exactly 6 decoys...passed on buying a call(don't know how to use it). I'm on my first box of #4's and have killed 7 ducks and 3 game birds(walking back to my truck). My 19 spent shells are in my back seat(not laying around my setup). Here's how I hunt...
1. Scouted on public land relentlessly.
2. If ducks are on the water at 6am when we get there, we set up loudly letting them fly off(common sense says don't bust the roost)
3. Always stay away...well away from anyone else.
4. Wait until LST to shoot no matter how much shooting is going on in the distance or how many ducks are around.
5. I've never shot at a duck that was on the water, always has the wings up.

Am I doing things wrong, certainly. Do I need and want to learn? Absolutely! But....until you want to mentor me or offer advise, just keep your frustration to yourself. I can tell you that I have learned quite a bit off this forum but most is trial and error. The one absolute I have learned so far is that if you are having trouble killing ducks in Texas you are either lazy or you left your gun at home. These suckers are everywhere!

Thanks!
Barney

Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: Sinkey] #3888695 12/27/12 03:47 PM
G
GigEmAggies Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: Sinkey
You guys are a bunch of jokes!

Especially the one that started this thread.

Cause WOW, Im sorry, I never noticed before this year, I have never seen guys blow cheap calls, sky blast, set out 2 decoys, and be set up in my hole!

Read this................

WELCOME TO DUCK HUNTING!

Heck of a good point

They're not looking for one thing right....they're looking for one thing wrong.

Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: GigEmAggies] #3888717 12/27/12 03:53 PM
S
SweetTea Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Haters gonna hate

OMG, this is the best slumber party ever!
Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: GigEmAggies] #3888738 12/27/12 03:58 PM
J
JRR Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
I love em !! Can't recall anything on their show actually about duck hunting, just a fine, educated family goofing on each other and making a fortune doing it !!

I guess we could blame them for the drought, boy they sure hurt us there with the duck numbers....Damn Duck Dynasty Drought makers!!!!

I guess I didn't consider myself the last one able to take up duck hunting....guess I should have closed the gate behind me. Better tell the nephews no goose hunting with me since they might make a mistake and ruin my hunt being as they are selfish like that, probably move or look up and ruin my perfect shot....boy now you really have me mad at them.....and it's all because the watched Duck Dynasty that all my future hunts have been ruined.

Anybody want to buy about 500 goose decoys and 4 dozen duck decoys, no need for them anymore, kids done ruined it.

Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: GigEmAggies] #3888763 12/27/12 04:05 PM
L
LarryCopper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Morons, maybe. I have no idea what their collective IQ is. I don't care to meet any of them or any BS like that. They are just dudes like anyone else. No love or hate for them.

But I respect anybody that can make a living doing what they love to do. I don't care what they are as individuals, religious views or lack thereof, etc. They made it on their own which is more than a lot of this entitled society can say. But that is a whole different can of worms.

Congrats to them...

Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: LarryCopper] #3888801 12/27/12 04:15 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I love that show

Mountainman is my hero, i started talking slowly like him, my wife thinks im nuts.

I carry a Si sweet teacup all day, grew a beard and cuss all day.

I only eat fried food and go to church in camo.

My wife thinks im a hero now to.

Thanks robertson family for makinh me a better man.

U kiddin me?

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: Baylor_Bears] #3888825 12/27/12 04:24 PM
J
jde Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
J
Originally Posted By: Baylor_Bears
To be honest im kinda sick of these threads, there has been quiet a few of them. I understand the frustration, but most of those people will hunt 3 maybe 4 times be unsuccesful and call it quits. But those who go, are probaley unsuccesful, but grind it out and learn to love it are the additions we need to the hunting ranks. We need more hunters, we are a dying breed, and if we get mad because some people are trying hunting and not doing it how we do then hunters will be no more. We were all new once.

Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: beaversnipe] #3888880 12/27/12 04:41 PM
G
GigEmAggies Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: beaversnipe
I love that show

Mountainman is my hero, i started talking slowly like him, my wife thinks im nuts.

I carry a Si sweet teacup all day, grew a beard and cuss all day.

I only eat fried food and go to church in camo.

My wife thinks im a hero now to.

Thanks robertson family for makinh me a better man.

U kiddin me?

Seen every episode and not saying for sure there has never been a bleep or a cuss word but I can't recall any?? I didn't know their goal was to make you a better family man?? I must be missing something here!

Last edited by GigEmAggies; 12/27/12 04:43 PM.

They're not looking for one thing right....they're looking for one thing wrong.

Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: GigEmAggies] #3888908 12/27/12 04:49 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
That show is great for kids under 13 yrs.
Nothin mo, nothin less, period.
Now lets move on.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: #Hayraker] #3888981 12/27/12 05:08 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: Hayraker
It's kind of like a few years ago when that kid from Abilene started bragging about all the ducks he was slaying on a certain public lake.

I wonder whatever happened to that moron.

He's still around, but I have a feeling he won't be venturing back to this thread....

Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: BMD] #3888985 12/27/12 05:09 PM
F
Featherduster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Not what you were really hoping for was it OP?

You have a guy and his family who talks about Jesus, family values, loves to hunt every kind of animal, makes calls and DVDs for a living, entertains everybody and their dog but yet you call them morons...give me a break

Like others said, if you are hunting the same place a wannabe is then I suppose y'all are on the same level.

Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: Featherduster] #3889009 12/27/12 05:15 PM
S
Sinkey Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Featherduster
if you are hunting the same place a wannabe is then I suppose y'all are on the same level.

"O, No you didn't!"

roflmao

Couldn't have said it better Featherduster!

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: Featherduster] #3889017 12/27/12 05:17 PM
T
tuf-duc Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
IQ? Phil has a Masters degree and all the sons have a college education. Just listen to them talk and you can tell these guys aren't morons. Pretty sound business men as well.

Be the same Man on Monday that you are on Sunday
Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: dawaba] #3889036 12/27/12 05:20 PM
K
Kenny Powers Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
Yep

Guns dont kill people.....bullets do.
Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: Sinkey] #3889038 12/27/12 05:21 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: Sinkey
Originally Posted By: Featherduster
if you are hunting the same place a wannabe is then I suppose y'all are on the same level.

"O, No you didn't!"

roflmao

Couldn't have said it better Featherduster!

now thats funny

Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: tuf-duc] #3889046 12/27/12 05:26 PM
D
David Maas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I want to dynamite something, kill beavers, eat squirrel brains, explain the birds and bees using a crawfish dingaling, build a assembly line exactly 8' long driven by an early 70's Bronco, and whatever else they have done in the past 2 yrs.

most of all, get paid every cent they paid Si for being Si.

NRA Endowed Patriot Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: Rob Robertson] #3889163 12/27/12 06:13 PM
Jeff Elder Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Rob Robertson
I think ending the 30 day 3 bird limits were way overrated. Back then there were NO guides, few other hunters. You got quick easy limits.

Right, so then we would have less hunters, less duck stamps sold, less members for Delta and DU. Yep it would sure help the ducks

North central TX duck and dove hunts
www.silvercreekguideservice.com

Cell 817-597-0781
Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: Jeff Elder] #3889186 12/27/12 06:24 PM
T
Trozacky Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I love the show! If you dont like it dont watch it. If you dont like hunting "public land" get a lease.

Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: BMD] #3889223 12/27/12 06:36 PM
D
DuckCommanderCowboy28 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
I can agree with you on this . But understand some of us like my self born an raised in louisiana grew up knowing about the Duckmen . I have used DC calls as well an watched there videos for a long time . Ive supported them for over 17 years . I kow there are better calls out there I own some I just prefer DC it's kinda like guys who get into chevy,ford, or dodge we could go on that all day . In my view I see a bunch of these wanna be DC guys but when it comes down to snowing raining hard times they run for the hills and don't wanna be apart of it . I can say I know at least 15 people who the show Duck Dynasty has had an influence on an made them think they are so called duck hunters . But it also goes into people who bandwagon for a team thats in the super bowl or playoffs and they claim they have been aprt of them for years blah blah but when times get hard they dissappear and don't say a word . I go way back with the duckmen even have a VCr in the house to still watch my VHS tapes of the first duckmen videos . Take it with a grain of salt it will pass just like all others who bandwagon .

Last edited by DuckCommanderCowboy28; 12/27/12 06:37 PM.

He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man.
[Linked Image]
Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: Trozacky] #3889224 12/27/12 06:36 PM
D
David Maas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: Trozacky
If you don't like hunting "public land" get a lease.

Then you miss this kinda fun:

NRA Endowed Patriot Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: Trozacky] #3889247 12/27/12 06:42 PM
T
Trout-killer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
I'm not a fan of the show. Seen parts of it and its not for me. not a reality tv show kinda guy. I have no ill will towards phil and them either. People make money everyday. Why hate them for it?

Oh. And you can see two boat ramps from one of my diver holes. Does that mean I'm on the same level as the newbie moronic topwater dudes? Even if everyone blows past where I hunt?

Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: Trout-killer] #3889312 12/27/12 07:01 PM
L
lakewaydr50 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
I grew up around these guys too; thought I never met them. I also grew up around a family business that my parents owned and know what it takes to keep things going, these guys couldn't be that laid back at work and be that successful. I'm real suspicious of the fact that the show is probably just that "a show" scripted and acted out for entertainment purposes only. I have heard through the grapevine that this is the case and watching the show it is rather obvious this is true that they are acting and certain things are staged. I'm a fan of the show and enjoy watching it, but I'd rather see the show they had on The Outdoor Channel if I could choose. My two cents.......

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Re: So who all thinks the duck commanders are complete morons ? [Re: lakewaydr50] #3889336 12/27/12 07:10 PM
B
Beretta Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: lakewaydr50
I grew up around these guys too; thought I never met them. I also grew up around a family business that my parents owned and know what it takes to keep things going, these guys couldn't be that laid back at work and be that successful. I'm real suspicious of the fact that the show is probably just that "a show" scripted and acted out for entertainment purposes only. I have heard through the grapevine that this is the case and watching the show it is rather obvious this is true that they are acting and certain things are staged. I'm a fan of the show and enjoy watching it, but I'd rather see the show they had on The Outdoor Channel if I could choose. My two cents.......

You could watch lizard lick towing if you want to watch a REAL reality tv

Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
Two kinds of people vote democrat. Rich people that don't have to work, and poor people who don't want to work.
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide