Forums46
Topics538,420
Posts9,736,915
Members87,089
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: 3 Reasons gun control isn't going to happen. [Re: J.G.] #3889125 12/27/12 05:57 PM
J
Jimbo302 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
Lets hope.

Re: 3 Reasons gun control isn't going to happen. [Re: KC] #3894136 12/29/12 04:21 AM
T
txhippo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: KC
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Originally Posted By: txhippo
Even if he can't ban anything he can tax the crap out of it.
Who want's a 2 dollar a bullet tax ?

This is what I see happening. As much as I, and many other people shoot, it would really change my lifestyle and take away something I really enjoy.

One word- moonshine. They gonna come in my shop and tax me everytime I crank the lever?

You will have to pay the tax when you buy projectiles unless you can make your own ?

BEANS AND BULLETS
Re: 3 Reasons gun control isn't going to happen. [Re: txhippo] #3896164 12/30/12 12:24 AM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
You fellows are funny. Better get your cast moulds for your .223 and .308 calibers so you can make your bullets and also some lead core. Save your 22 lr cases because you will need it to swage your lead core and make some decent bullets for your .223 that will run over 2000fps because that is pushing gas checks. Certain your primers will not be taxed, you probably know a way to keep the drone planes from zeroing in on your supplies and have a source to manufacture your own primers. Underground with the primer manufacturers, got my own pipeline. Powder, well. certainly no one will notice you digging in your back yard. Since the government has planes to detect marijuana growth in home basements I'm certain the lead shields with which you have lined your walls , better make that zinc, will shield you. Fortunately you will have supressors for all your guns and your neighbors will all be loyal gun supporters so you will not have to worry about them reporting you for a bounty.

First rule of a prepper, don't let anyone know what you have or where you have it. No one.

The Greatest Enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge.--Stephen Hawking
Re: 3 Reasons gun control isn't going to happen. [Re: blackcoal] #3897671 12/30/12 03:46 PM
O
Otto Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
O
Man, I saw this movie before. I'm still sitting on the ammo that I bought 4 years ago. In the next 3-4 months as things calm down prices will start coming down. Also can somebody tell me how the government will track who owns the guns so they can confiscate them? Last time I checked there was no registration requirements for individuals who owns guns except class 3 weapons.As a side note I hold FFL licenses various times in my life so I know how the system works.
Gun industry should vote Obama man of the year. Period.

Re: 3 Reasons gun control isn't going to happen. [Re: TheCloudX] #3897682 12/30/12 03:49 PM
O
Otto Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
O
Originally Posted By: TheCloudX
As much as I hope that's true, many of the ones saying we'll win this fight also said Romney would win in a landslide. I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

Do you think every gun owner/hunter vote for Romney?
This is a totally different situation. In case you don't realize there are a lot of gun owners out there who voted for Obama but won't except restrictions on guns.

Re: 3 Reasons gun control isn't going to happen. [Re: J.G.] #3909715 01/02/13 10:50 PM
W
Walt Kowalski Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
For everyone's sake, I hope that the article author is correct.

I pray the author is correct.

Because if he's not......we're going to have a civil war the likes of which has never been seen.

Get off my lawn.

“The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it.”
John Hay
Re: 3 Reasons gun control isn't going to happen. [Re: Otto] #3909724 01/02/13 10:52 PM
W
Walt Kowalski Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: Otto
Man, I saw this movie before. I'm still sitting on the ammo that I bought 4 years ago. In the next 3-4 months as things calm down prices will start coming down. Also can somebody tell me how the government will track who owns the guns so they can confiscate them? Last time I checked there was no registration requirements for individuals who owns guns except class 3 weapons.As a side note I hold FFL licenses various times in my life so I know how the system works.
Gun industry should vote Obama man of the year. Period.

When Hurricane Katrina occurred, the police went door to door confiscating firearms. That is one way they could do it. (or try)

Look it up. Plenty of youtube videos on what happened there.

Get off my lawn.

John Hay
Re: 3 Reasons gun control isn't going to happen. [Re: txhippo] #3909730 01/02/13 10:53 PM
W
Walt Kowalski Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: txhippo
Even if he can't ban anything he can tax the crap out of it.
Who want's a 2 dollar a bullet tax ?

I see great opportunities for black market ammo sales.

Whenever the government seeks to ban ANYTHING, all it does is create a new criminal class.

We've seen it with alcohol prohibition and drugs. The same thing will happen with guns and ammo. Only....you won't see just semi-auto rifles and pistols. If you are going to go to prison for having one of those, then you may as well go to prison for having a grenade launcher....or an RPG....or a full-on machine gun.

A gun ban will do nothing but escalate the arms race.

How many full auto guns, grenade launchers, RPG's do you think there are on the streets in the USA right now? I'll bet not many.

Look at Mexico. How many do you suppose there are on the streets there?

Last edited by Walt Kowalski; 01/02/13 10:57 PM.

Get off my lawn.

John Hay
Re: 3 Reasons gun control isn't going to happen. [Re: Walt Kowalski] #3917455 01/05/13 12:16 AM
C
centurion2000 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
Originally Posted By: Walt Kowalski

Whenever the government seeks to ban ANYTHING, all it does is create a new criminal class.

We've seen it with alcohol prohibition and drugs. The same thing will happen with guns and ammo. Only....you won't see just semi-auto rifles and pistols. If you are going to go to prison for having one of those, then you may as well go to prison for having a grenade launcher....or an RPG....or a full-on machine gun.

A gun ban will do nothing but escalate the arms race.

Well said, the first felony is the expensive one. After that, they're all free.

"No, I don't know everything. I am damn good with Google though"
"Never get into a gunfight with a buffalo hunter. There's no such thing as cover"
Re: 3 Reasons gun control isn't going to happen. [Re: KC] #3918400 01/05/13 05:54 AM
B
bookxv Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Originally Posted By: KC
I also fear the insertion of some nebulous language like "military caliber" or "no sporting purpose" into a ban with no sunset.

This is what happened in Mexico. First 'military' caliber firearms were outlawed, then confiscated. This caused the 38 Super Auto +P to become the most popular handgun cartridge, since 45 ACP was used by the military.

Re: 3 Reasons gun control isn't going to happen. [Re: J.G.] #3921901 01/06/13 05:46 PM
B
bowbuilder1971 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
They will try and try to pass it but I really think the people are going to stand up this time finally and say enough is enough. Well hopefully!

Re: 3 Reasons gun control isn't going to happen. [Re: J.G.] #3922153 01/06/13 07:33 PM
G
Grendel 6.5 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
This is all for appearances. He delegated this to Biden, a known mOron, afterall.

I really don't think they can do a darn thing to completey stop private sales. Methamphetimine is privately sold every hour of every day.

That is so very true! If they can't stop illegal drugs, they're going to so much more successful with "illegal" guns? I do think an assault weapons ban will pass and we will see a California style 10-round magazine limitation. I only hope we get existing firearms and magazines grandfathered without the NFA/ registration requirement proposed. This is a different country than it was 10 years ago folks. The election of a president with failed policies during an economic crisis is proof of that. We have dumbed down our people and rewarded laziness. Even many of the people who wanted change didn't turn out to vote. Do you think those same folks are gonna raise up against the gun control liberals now? Apathy is our biggest foe these days.

I go to Bone Daddy's for the burgers....yeah, that's why.
Re: 3 Reasons gun control isn't going to happen. [Re: Grendel 6.5] #3922439 01/06/13 09:33 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
No, they won't rise up against the gun control liberals. Not until they've slowly eroded away their second amendment right and the problems have started on their street or on their doorstep. Then it will probably be too late...for them.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide