Re: Do you agree?? [Re: bassinbiker] #3844596 12/13/12 07:52 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: bassinbiker
Sorry, just feel that the native "free roaming" animals should be given that opportunity and I believe that a HF prevents that. If you own the land, then yes, you can say who can and can't hunt those native species....but, those animals should have the opportunity to jump your fence and live elsewhere.

Now that you brought up the detrimental to the sport argument..I believe that anti-hunters and those wishing to stop hunting altogether get alot more support when they bring up the "killing deer in a pen" argument. Again, I don't fell that is true in most cases and the deer are not tame, or trapped to the point that hunting them is easier. I am just saying, it is easy to spin an anit-hunting argument where HF's are concerned.

Na the anties are just gonna use the hi fence argument to get a couple people that hunt on their side to ban Hi fence hunting, after they have accomplished that they are gonna be after all the other hunting rights. Killin bamie makes them cry just as bad inside the fence as outside.

matt

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Do you agree?? [Re: redchevy] #3844707 12/13/12 08:18 PM
B
Black02z28 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Can we have a HF bashing sub forum? That way all the cry babies that dont like and post about how much is sucks and how easy the hunting is?

Re: Do you agree?? [Re: Black02z28] #3844734 12/13/12 08:23 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: Black02z28
Can we have a HF bashing sub forum? That way all the cry babies that dont like and post about how much is sucks and how easy the hunting is?

No!!! The rest of us would get bored during the slow times grin

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Do you agree?? [Re: txshntr] #3844765 12/13/12 08:31 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: txshntr

And thats a fact... Jack!

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Do you agree?? [Re: txshntr] #3844822 12/13/12 08:44 PM
K
KG68 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K

Naw we can argue antler restrictions. Curly and Sig can join in then. banana

Re: Do you agree?? [Re: KG68] #3844833 12/13/12 08:47 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: KG68

Naw we can argue antler restrictions. Curly and Sig can join in then. banana

How AR's behind a HF shooting a Savage after you drove to the lease in a certain truck with a pitbull in the back... popcorn

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Do you agree?? [Re: Conchoman76] #3844844 12/13/12 08:50 PM
C
CHRIS1981 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: horton5303
I think it's really sad that people will pay thousands of dollars to go to a ranch and go sit in a stand with a guide and shoot any animal, whether it be a whitetail buck or an exotic, I would be ashamed to guide any hunt on a high fenced ranch regardless of the acreage. They pay for these hunts and shoot a quality animal and act like it's a Trophy! It's not a Trophy unless you took the time to learn,scout and work hard for the animal. Anybody can go sit with a guide on a canned high fence hunt! There is no sport in that! This is the demise of hunting all together.. If you want Bragging right's earn it. Booking a hunt to a high fenced place and paying x amount of dollars to shoot a big buck is just wrong. This is my opinion. Please chime in on how you feel.

So how do you feel on paying for a guide on a Elk hunt in Colorado??? It is not high fenced, and i have been 3 times and would never go into the back country with out an expert guide.. As far as paying for a hunt in a high fence that is total no sense. In this day and age I want as many people as i can get out hunting, I could care less if they hunt h/f or l/f..

Re: Do you agree?? [Re: Conchoman76] #3844861 12/13/12 08:56 PM
W
WTGuide Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: horton5303
I think it's really sad that people will pay thousands of dollars to go to a ranch and go sit in a stand with a guide and shoot any animal, whether it be a whitetail buck or an exotic, I would be ashamed to guide any hunt on a high fenced ranch regardless of the acreage. They pay for these hunts and shoot a quality animal and act like it's a Trophy! It's not a Trophy unless you took the time to learn,scout and work hard for the animal. Anybody can go sit with a guide on a canned high fence hunt! There is no sport in that! This is the demise of hunting all together.. If you want Bragging right's earn it. Booking a hunt to a high fenced place and paying x amount of dollars to shoot a big buck is just wrong. This is my opinion. Please chime in on how you feel.

I see we have a new spooner.... stir bs popcorn

Think you can/Think you can't/Either way you're right

Re: Do you agree?? [Re: CHRIS1981] #3844867 12/13/12 08:57 PM
B
bassinbiker Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Don't know who all was "crying" that you were referring to....but, I was simply stating my opinion, if that is crying in your world, then i feel sorry for you.

Again, I don't think HF hunting "lessens" the hunt(in most cases), I just feel it is wrong to keep the native species from going where they want to go, when they won't to go there.....

Last edited by bassinbiker; 12/13/12 09:50 PM.

Greg
US Army 1SG/Retired
Re: Do you agree?? [Re: redchevy] #3844918 12/13/12 09:13 PM
T
txhunter1010 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
here is how i feel about it...i have mainly hunted low fence places since i was 7. i finally went on a hunt, just for does on a high fence place of almost 4000 acres. The terrain was rough, there was almost 20 miles of fence, it took almost half a day to drive around it. If you werent right beside the fence, you would never know you were behind a high fence.......NOT A CANNED HUNT IN ANYWAY....it was hard hunting for just does....an awesome place and experience........now i can see someone calling it a canned hunt if it was a 100 acre or less HF. not much room to roam there.......basically everyone hunts different,wants a different experience, whatever it may be......why get on here and nock someone's way of doing stuff. yes it is your opinion, but just remember we are all different, or may not have the means to hunt as others do....i would pay a guide to take me hunitng and i would hopefully get a chance a good buck, and i say chance because two of the 4 guys who were at the HF place i was hunting does on, didnt get a buck, so see even behind a HF doesnt mean you will be guaranted a buck.......GROW UP

Re: Do you agree?? [Re: txhunter1010] #3844959 12/13/12 09:24 PM
T
toolman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Would a low fence be considered a high fence if you have really short deer?

Old age ain't for sissies!

Re: Do you agree?? [Re: toolman] #3844969 12/13/12 09:26 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: toolman

Yo txshntr this question is right up your alley...

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Do you agree?? [Re: bassinbiker] #3844993 12/13/12 09:33 PM
L
LandPirate Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
Don't know who all was "crying" that you were referring to....but, I was simply stating my opinion, if that is crying in your world, then i feel sorry for you.

Again, I don't think HF hunting "lessons" the hunt(in most cases), I just feel it is wrong to keep the native species from going where they want to go, when they won't to go there.....

And I feel it's wrong for hunters to shoot immature deer. I think everyone who shoots a deer younger than 5.5 yoa should have to pay a penalty to the state.

Tongue in cheek, of course, but you get my point (I hope).

Mike
Buda, Tx
Hunt near Freer
Re: Do you agree?? [Re: LandPirate] #3845010 12/13/12 09:37 PM
T
txhunter1010 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: LandPirate

Again, I don't think HF hunting "lessons" the hunt(in most cases), I just feel it is wrong to keep the native species from going where they want to go, when they won't to go there.....

And I feel it's wrong for hunters to shoot immature deer. I think everyone who shoots a deer younger than 5.5 yoa should have to pay a penalty to the state.

great point

Re: Do you agree?? [Re: stxranchman] #3845051 12/13/12 09:47 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Originally Posted By: toolman

Yo txshntr this question is right up your alley...

The answer is yes...but I am going to guess they will learn to go under it, an that is just from experience grin

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Do you agree?? [Re: Conchoman76] #3845057 12/13/12 09:48 PM
M
Mr. Ganzer Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Each one of us has our own set of standards and own concept of what a "trophy" is. I only hunt LF but that is my preference. Plus I don't like shooting tame, HF animals.

Danged hogs been messing up the yard!
Re: Do you agree?? [Re: LandPirate] #3845088 12/13/12 09:53 PM
B
bassinbiker Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B

to your point, I don't think the young ones should be shot either, but I thik that young deer should have the option to jump my fence and get shot by my neighbor who doesn't manage like I do...I hope you get my point(I hope)

Greg
US Army 1SG/Retired
Re: Do you agree?? [Re: LandPirate] #3845139 12/13/12 10:06 PM
K
KG68 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
[/quote]

Tongue in cheek, of course, but you get my point (I hope). [/quote]

But them young tender one's are the tastiest. Them old one's are like chewing on a boot.grin

Re: Do you agree?? [Re: bassinbiker] #3845183 12/13/12 10:16 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

to your point, I don't think the young ones should be shot either, but I thik that young deer should have the option to jump my fence and get shot by my neighbor who doesn't manage like I do...I hope you get my point(I hope)

I understand that you think that... and I understand they they can at my place, but I also understand I can build a fence and then they cant but you think they should, but that doesnt really matter because its my land my hunting my fence and for all practical purposes my deer.

If I dont have to build a fence for deer to atain age I wont and most people probably wont. But we own our land and we bought it with the intent of hunting and trying to hunt mature big deer. If my neighbor wants to kill all the deer or all the big ones and then the little ones or just what ever is in front of him, that is fine, Ive been there and done that phase of my hunting life, but then Im gonna go the fence rout and we are both gonna have to sleep in the beds we have made.... for me that means I get probably more mature deer and for him it probably meens none.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Do you agree?? [Re: bassinbiker] #3845219 12/13/12 10:25 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Sorry, just feel that the native "free roaming" animals should be given that opportunity and I believe that a HF prevents that. If you own the land, then yes, you can say who can and can't hunt those native species....but, those animals should have the opportunity to jump your fence and live elsewhere.

Now that you brought up the detrimental to the sport argument..I believe that anti-hunters and those wishing to stop hunting altogether get alot more support when they bring up the "killing deer in a pen" argument. Again, I don't fell that is true in most cases and the deer are not tame, or trapped to the point that hunting them is easier. I am just saying, it is easy to spin an anit-hunting argument where HF's are concerned.

Funny, last time I heard about PETA they were protesting all hunting, not just the HF hunting in Texas. Ever been to a national forest and seen how land locked the citizens around it make it? No HF's there.

What makes you feel like deer belong to the state (other than it's written so the state has the authority to make money off the hobby)? Do you feel like Axis, Hogs, Fallows, Blackbuck Antelope, etc. should be the "states" deer too? I had to drill a well to keep the deer alive on my property (not HF either but in West Texas), shouldn't I get a reimbursement? If a deer runs into the side of my truck the state doesn't claim that its their deer then, so elaborate why should the state say they own the deer?

Re: Do you agree?? [Re: grout-scout] #3845239 12/13/12 10:30 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
My neighbor built a 6ft privacy fence and I can't get into his yard now! Who should I call since he's stopping me from crossing the property line? I'm a taxpayer, I want his yard too!

Last edited by grout-scout; 12/13/12 10:31 PM.
Re: Do you agree?? [Re: grout-scout] #3845276 12/13/12 10:39 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Originally Posted By: grout-scout

Funny, last time I heard about PETA they were protesting all hunting, not just the HF hunting in Texas. Ever been to a national forest and seen how land locked the citizens around it make it? No HF's there.

?

Easy there, homeslice...... They can get to it, they just need a helicopter & a rope.

Re: Do you agree?? [Re: grout-scout] #3845277 12/13/12 10:40 PM
B
bassinbiker Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
grout -- that's ridiculous...NATIVE free roaming game are the "state's" assets...or else they couldn't regulate hunting/fishing and such....

the last actual PETA group I saw was using "breeder penned" deer for their pictures....it was a HF....

Are YOU a free roaming native game animal, if so, i feel you should be able to eat the grasses in his backyard...

Greg
US Army 1SG/Retired
Re: Do you agree?? [Re: bassinbiker] #3845334 12/13/12 10:55 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
grout -- that's ridiculous...NATIVE free roaming game are the "state's" assets...or else they couldn't regulate hunting/fishing and such....

the last actual PETA group I saw was using "breeder penned" deer for their pictures....it was a HF....

Are YOU a free roaming native game animal, if so, i feel you should be able to eat the grasses in his backyard...

I'm Native, a tax payer, a landowner and I've been called an animal among other things, so do I have your permission to hop in his pool and eat his plants? Will you testify for me in court? Have you heard about the ban on hunting wolves? You see any HF's up there? You know your argument has no real merit, how many deer do you think this state would have in it if WE landowners didnt take care of them?

Re: Do you agree?? [Re: rifleman] #3845338 12/13/12 10:56 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: rifleman
Originally Posted By: grout-scout

?

Easy there, homeslice...... They can get to it, they just need a helicopter & a rope.

Yes as usual you are correct! yingyang Maybe one of those circus cannons too? Dang HF national forest! bang Remember I'm a tax payer too but they fenced me out.
So if I have a field and HF it to keep the deer out of it, is that fair to them? Lot's of unfairs, unfair to keep them in and unfair to keep them out. confused2

Last edited by grout-scout; 12/13/12 11:17 PM.
Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide