Print Thread
Hey Jay..... These Are Waiting For You! #3734726 11/08/12 02:42 AM
T
TheHag Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
I guess you can tell that I don't post on here, except when we're having our buddy Jay coming up to hunt with us. I read it quite often though and I'm tickled to death to see this "Disabled Hunters" topic page doing so well. The topic page was a brainchild of myself and another gentleman. As you can tell by my membership number, kinda been here for a while now. LOL

Hey Jay!!!! This sould be another great year for you bud. Tons of turkey too!

Re: Hey Jay..... These Are Waiting For You! [Re: TheHag] #3735045 11/08/12 03:57 AM
R
RoadBlock Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Goodness gracious, Looks like a great time for a Vet. Seems like your brainchild is a great thing for us wounded vets, never really had a place online I could talk about the outdoors with other veterans. It seems like a great thing you are doing for this veteran. He's gonna need a large box of ammo for all those hogs. and a round or two for them deer as well. Good luck Jay.

Re: Hey Jay..... These Are Waiting For You! [Re: RoadBlock] #3736062 11/08/12 03:46 PM
F
father of 4 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
That is awesome

Re: Hey Jay..... These Are Waiting For You! [Re: father of 4] #3737370 11/08/12 09:26 PM
T
txhunter1010 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
i love the first pic and you have tons of game it looks like. you are doign a GREAT thing. keep it up

Re: Hey Jay..... These Are Waiting For You! [Re: txhunter1010] #3737552 11/08/12 10:32 PM
T
TheHag Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Thanks guys. That's Jay's blind in the background. It's 8' x 8' with insulation on the walls and ceiling and a plywood floor. We built the door wide enough for his wheelchair and the windows at the perfect height for his gun rest. 3 heaters in it make sure Jay stays warm.

Re: Hey Jay..... These Are Waiting For You! [Re: TheHag] #3744066 11/11/12 01:44 AM
M
MPEHRIG Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
M
Hi all, I am new to this form, but I am a severely burn Veteran of the Iraq War and live near San Antonio. I was wondering if anyone might know of someone who needs help with a "population problem" of any game? I would like to be able to let my son(16) and daughter (9) to hunt and keep the tradition alive my father taught me before I joined the army at 17. Unfortunately, we are originally from PA and don't know too many people here in our new home. Any help would be greatly appreciated

BOBBY EHRIG
DISABLED VETERAN
1992-2008, US ARMY
Re: Hey Jay..... These Are Waiting For You! [Re: MPEHRIG] #3744342 11/11/12 03:40 AM
T
TheHag Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T

Re: Hey Jay..... These Are Waiting For You! [Re: MPEHRIG] #3744382 11/11/12 03:57 AM
T
TheHag Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: MPEHRIG
Hi all, I am new to this form, but I am a severely burn Veteran of the Iraq War and live near San Antonio. I was wondering if anyone might know of someone who needs help with a "population problem" of any game? I would like to be able to let my son(16) and daughter (9) to hunt and keep the tradition alive my father taught me before I joined the army at 17. Unfortunately, we are originally from PA and don't know too many people here in our new home. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I sincerely wish we could help more of you guys out. Jay started coming to the ranch back when my father (who owned the ranch) was still alive. I invited Jay after seeing a request on the internet where he had pleaded for someone to take him to an accessible ranch so he could get back into hunting after 16 years of not being able to hunt. I have a spinal bifida cousin, so everything we build is handicap accessible. There's not too many ranches anywhere that can accommodate anyone with a disability like Jay's. Dad passed away a few years ago and now there are several people involved with the running of the ranch operations. Since I retired from the company that Dad owned after his death, I am no longer a "voice" with the operations of the ranch. Jay is actually the only person that gets to hunt the ranch who isn't a family member. We've been doing extensive game management since we acquired the ranch back in the 70's. It shows with the game we have on the property. Jay is the only person that gets a "green light" to shoot the buck of his choice. Even I have to wait for one over 140" to take it, as you can tell by these bucks still walking. I end up passing on some 140's, waiting and wishing for one of the 150" deer on the ranch. We all archery hunt so as not to spook the game too much on the property, except for Jay. You can drive right by these bucks and they just stand still and watch you drive by because they know no one has ever shot at them with a rifle. Now the hogs are another story. LOL

Re: Hey Jay..... These Are Waiting For You! [Re: TheHag] #3744388 11/11/12 03:59 AM
T
TheHag Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Bobby
Let me be the first to thank you for your service and sacrifice. My son-in-law is waiting on his final disability evaluation after his time in the sand box. God bless you bud.

Re: Hey Jay..... These Are Waiting For You! [Re: RoadBlock] #3745703 11/11/12 08:31 PM
D
DRT Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted By: basscowboy86
Goodness gracious, Looks like a great time for a Vet. Seems like your brainchild is a great thing for us wounded vets, never really had a place online I could talk about the outdoors with other veterans. It seems like a great thing you are doing for this veteran. He's gonna need a large box of ammo for all those hogs. and a round or two for them deer as well. Good luck Jay.

I have to Thank all the Veterans who served to protect our Country! I'm grateful to all you.
basscowboy86, I just wanted to let you know that I'm not a Veteran and I salute you and all Veterans! Happy Veterans Day
Jay-DRT

THE WOODS HAS MUCH TO OFFER TO THE HUMAN SOUL!
Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your equipment--your quiver and bow--and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.
Re: Hey Jay..... These Are Waiting For You! [Re: DRT] #3745740 11/11/12 08:43 PM
D
DRT Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Oh my Goodness, I'm stun, look at all the Critters! I am very Grateful & Thankful to be hunting with Tommy again for our 8th year. It's something I look forward to every year.

Genesis 27:3 Now then, get your equipment--your quiver and bow--and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.
Re: Hey Jay..... These Are Waiting For You! [Re: TheHag] #3748914 11/12/12 08:36 PM
D
DRT Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Tommy,Is that the buck I missed last year because of Buck-fever?

Re: Hey Jay..... These Are Waiting For You! [Re: DRT] #3749159 11/12/12 09:46 PM
T
TheHag Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
No, I haven't seen him this year. I think I may have seen him Sunday morning. A true giant was heading to my blind from the back fence when the scent of a beautiful doe distracted him and off he went.

Re: Hey Jay..... These Are Waiting For You! [Re: TheHag] #3751587 11/13/12 03:27 PM
D
DRT Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Originally Posted By: TheHag
No, I haven't seen him this year. I think I may have seen him Sunday morning. A true giant was heading to my blind from the back fence when the scent of a beautiful doe distracted him and off he went.

I'm sure hoping he survived last year hunting season!

Re: Hey Jay..... These Are Waiting For You! [Re: DRT] #3837150 12/11/12 05:32 PM
D
DRT Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
Well my hunt with TheHag didn't turn out like we expected! All we saw was two yearling doe and a young 6 point. TheHag couldn't figure it out why there weren't any deer out there. We did see 10 hens, but I didn't wanted to shoot because it was the first morning hunt and felt that the deer would show up.
We still had a blast hanging out and hunting together. Tommy and his wife are super host and another friend Darryl just add to fun. Thanks guy's for a super weekend and Thanks to my brother-n-law for putting up with me and taking the time off from work and driving me up there. Thanks again and looking to seeing you'll next season.

Re: Hey Jay..... These Are Waiting For You! [Re: TheHag] #3841247 12/12/12 09:01 PM
D
DRT Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
WHERE DID THEY GO!!!
Originally Posted By: TheHag

Re: Hey Jay..... These Are Waiting For You! [Re: DRT] #3842259 12/13/12 01:35 AM
T
TheHag Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Well,,,, it was a disappointing trip for Jay. It seems we have a trespasser on our ranch somewhere. I found a Marlboro and an unfired .243 shell close to our property fence line, on our side of the fence. All of my deer have disappeared from the pasture. The turkey have even left. A fawn came out of the trees and snuck around to get a good look at my tripod, which I haven't been in all year. So, that told me she saw someone in it at one time and they possibly shot her mother out of it.

But, like Jay said, we always have a blast and this year was no exception. I would like to thank our very good buddy Darryl Roach for volunteering to come down this year and help out. This was his second time to come and he loved it too.

All I can say to Jay is, maybe next year my old friend.

Re: Hey Jay..... These Are Waiting For You! [Re: TheHag] #3848183 12/14/12 07:56 PM
D
DRT Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
It really was different because every morning we/TheHag and I would see plenty of shooters in the morning to seeing nothing at all.
Still got the chance to hunt and just kick back at the cabin/house and I really appreciate the great hospitality and friendship we have made in the past eight years. Thanks Tommy,Barbie,Darryl and Donnie. Love you guy's, Jay/DRT

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide