Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Violation of law? [Re: Navasot] #3834807 12/11/12 12:29 AM
L
LittleD Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
L
Originally Posted By: Navasot
Not if kep cold... sounds like he prolly gut shot it...have had plenty deer get left in the field overnight and go find them in the morning, clean them and had no problems
i agree with you.this is done alot and the animal is still good sound like the guy was to lazy to clean his deer.

Danny
Re: Violation of law? [Re: A10schief] #3834865 12/11/12 12:46 AM
Payne Online Shocked
Cat Herder
Online Shocked
Cat Herder
Originally Posted By: A10schief

I hope that you were joking. If not, giving advice like this could cause someone to go to jail, or even worse, be killed. Pulling a firearm on anyone is never a joke and never should be taken lightly.

Jasb doesn't believe in chl, RM you are going to get Jasb hurt..

[Linked Image]
Re: Violation of law? [Re: Payne] #3834901 12/11/12 12:53 AM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Originally Posted By: Payne
Originally Posted By: A10schief

I hope that you were joking. If not, giving advice like this could cause someone to go to jail, or even worse, be killed. Pulling a firearm on anyone is never a joke and never should be taken lightly.

Jasb doesn't believe in chl, RM you are going to get Jasb hurt..

It were a joke... the OP and Payne will get it.

Re: Violation of law? [Re: rifleman] #3834909 12/11/12 12:54 AM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Also if jasb had twine in his bug out bag he could have hog tied the guy until leo arrived....

Re: Violation of law? [Re: rifleman] #3834922 12/11/12 12:58 AM
Payne Online Shocked
Cat Herder
Online Shocked
Cat Herder
roflmao

[Linked Image]
Re: Violation of law? [Re: rifleman] #3836056 12/11/12 06:55 AM
J
Jasb Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: rifleman
Also if jasb had twine in his bug out bag he could have hog tied the guy until leo arrived....
My bug out bag was next to my zombie kit at the bunker....

Re: Violation of law? [Re: toolman] #3836313 12/11/12 01:44 PM
I
ipconfig Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
I
Originally Posted By: toolman
I've heard stories of an unnamed processor in the area that would've just thrown that deer in the pile with the others to be processed. Good on the processor for refusing it, bad on the DB hunter-he should have his license revoked immediately.

Texas does not recognize brandishing a weapon. There is no law what so ever about brandishing a weapon on Texas books. If you pull a weapon and cause fear, you are causing disorderly conduct.

Re: Violation of law? [Re: Jasb] #3836361 12/11/12 01:58 PM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Jasb
A guy shoots a deer in the afternoon, puts the deer (buck) in a cooler without gutting it, brings it to the taxi/processor and is told the meat is bad. He says its ok he just wants the cape.... popcorn true story of a Taylor county dumbarse

Yep totally agree and lack of respect for the deer and also violation of Wanton Waste regulation.

•Waste of Game: It is an offense (Class C misdemeanor) if a person while hunting kills or wounds a game bird or game animal and intentionally or knowingly fails to make a reasonable effort to retrieve the animal or bird and include it in the person's daily or seasonal bag limit. It is an offense if a person intentionally takes or possesses a game bird, game animal, or fish and intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly, or with criminal negligence, fails to keep the edible portions of the bird, animal, or fish in an edible condition. It is a Class A misdemeanor to fail to retrieve or to keep in an edible condition a whitetail or mule deer, pronghorn antelope, or desert bighorn sheep hunted without landowner consent; from a vehicle, boat, or aircraft; on a public road; at night; or with the aid of a light.

Re: Violation of law? [Re: ipconfig] #3836441 12/11/12 02:22 PM
T
toolman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: ipconfig
I've heard stories of an unnamed processor in the area that would've just thrown that deer in the pile with the others to be processed. Good on the processor for refusing it, bad on the DB hunter-he should have his license revoked immediately.

Texas does not recognize brandishing a weapon. There is no law what so ever about brandishing a weapon on Texas books. If you pull a weapon and cause fear, you are causing disorderly conduct.

Say whut?

Old age ain't for sissies!

Re: Violation of law? [Re: toolman] #3836467 12/11/12 02:30 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N

Say whut?

lol

Re: Violation of law? [Re: toolman] #3836899 12/11/12 04:23 PM
D
DENTPUSHA Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
. Yupp the processor selection is pretty slim round here. At least they didn't accept that animal. I've really never had consistent good service out of any local processor. Sure as Hell can't find any one who makes good summer sausage.

Re: Violation of law? [Re: ipconfig] #3837039 12/11/12 04:59 PM
A
almuerzo Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
A

bs
I know this is a little off topic but since you brought it up....
Enroll in a CHL class and you'll learn a little more about brandishing a weapon.

You can only have too much ammo if you are on fire or swimming....
Re: Violation of law? [Re: DENTPUSHA] #3837055 12/11/12 05:03 PM
J
Jasb Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: DENTPUSHA
. Yupp the processor selection is pretty slim round here. At least they didn't accept that animal. I've really never had consistent good service out of any local processor. Sure as Hell can't find any one who makes good summer sausage.

Trophy case in Tuscola....good

Re: Violation of law? [Re: almuerzo] #3837080 12/11/12 05:10 PM
I
ipconfig Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
I
Originally Posted By: almuerzo

bs
I know this is a little off topic but since you brought it up....
Enroll in a CHL class and you'll learn a little more about brandishing a weapon.

Been carrying for going on 10 years. Might want to head over to Texaschlforum.com and do some reading. The owner of the forum is the lawyer that wrote the CHL laws and you will quickly find there is no such thing as brandishing a weapon in Texas.

Re: Violation of law? [Re: ipconfig] #3837332 12/11/12 06:23 PM
D
DENTPUSHA Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Is the trophy case the same place that was doing the camo dipping for a little while, also does taxi work. If its the same guy I think it is he does make some good summer sausage. My buddy said he does good processing. I may have to try him.... If I kill anything that is. And since this thread is so off topic I'm going to let yall know I like watermelon and have no chl.

Re: Violation of law? [Re: ipconfig] #3837513 12/11/12 07:21 PM
N
Nightbird Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
N

How in the hell did this become about brandishing a weapon? He said un-named not un-armed.. hammer

James

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Re: Violation of law? [Re: Nightbird] #3837743 12/11/12 08:45 PM
E
Enter Standman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
I loike chicken, I loike chicken.

Re: Violation of law? [Re: Enter Standman] #3837877 12/11/12 09:28 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: Enter Standman
I loike chicken, I loike chicken.

ahhh some ole yard bird come on

Re: Violation of law? [Re: Enter Standman] #3837898 12/11/12 09:34 PM
J
JRPurvis Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
Devil's advocate time....

What the guy did is against the law, but I've always wondered why. It's perfectly fine to waste meat of many other species, why make special provisions for certain others? If the local population can handle the harvest, should it matter why the person wants to harvest it? If the deer had been depredating crops, and therefore an economic nuisance like hogs or crows, why not allow them to leave the carcass in the field?

Deer quality is not measured by antler size
Re: Violation of law? [Re: JRPurvis] #3838118 12/11/12 10:46 PM
S
Screwdriver Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
The law as written is horribly vague because it doesn't define what is edible and what is a portion. What is edible to one person is not to another. If you don't take the offal, did you break the law? If you don't scrape every last bit of meat off the ribs, did you break the law?

Re: Violation of law? [Re: DENTPUSHA] #3838338 12/12/12 12:06 AM
J
Jasb Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted By: DENTPUSHA
Is the trophy case the same place that was doing the camo dipping for a little while, also does taxi work. If its the same guy I think it is he does make some good summer sausage. My buddy said he does good processing. I may have to try him.... If I kill anything that is. And since this thread is so off topic I'm going to let yall know I like watermelon and have no chl.

He gets all my mounts and processing. He's done 3 whitetail an axis and has my stag in there now. Kaleb is the owner and taxi and is a great guy.

Re: Violation of law? [Re: ipconfig] #3839299 12/12/12 03:53 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

I'm not sure what you mean by brandishing, but if you mean displaying in public it could be Disorderly Conduct, Deadly Conduct, or Aggravated Assault depending on the circumstances.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Violation of law? [Re: Grizz] #3839561 12/12/12 05:20 AM
T
toolman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
I take all of my deer and pigs to either James Processing in Merkel, or to Kaleb @ Trophy Case in Tuscola. Either one will do you a good job and you're assured of getting your own meat back. I had some of Dana James' jalapeno cheese summer sausage and crackers for supper tonight. There are a few around that do a good job, you just have to be careful. I've heard of rotten deer being batch-processed with good deer and the meat getting divvied up to everyone...I know that my meat is good when it's delivered, and I don't want anyone else's.

Old age ain't for sissies!

Re: Violation of law? [Re: A10schief] #3839707 12/12/12 10:17 AM
D
Don Dial Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
This happens all the time..one of my affluent buds in Boerne went
on a canned Elk hunt So. of San Antonio a few yrs. ago..$5K..shot
a bull, they picked it up w/a fork lift..and told him they'd deliver it to his processor/taxiderist..by the time he got it..meat was bad and they wondered why he'd never use them again.
Don

Re: Violation of law? [Re: Don Dial] #3839801 12/12/12 12:36 PM
J
JRR Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Sounds as if they guy didn't intentionally waste the meat if he delivered it to the processor, evidently just clueless on how to care for it. Not everybody has internet experts to fall back on after the fact. I wish screwing up a deer was the least of the things I've screwed up unintentionally only to regret very soon after.....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide