Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: BOONER] #3823678 12/07/12 04:19 AM
T
Texas_Aggie_13 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
T
I just want to say I never said they owed me anything... I, as the customer did not feel taken care of... That is the whole purpose of my post and I respect your opinion. I myself am a conservative, and I dislike handouts and the you owe me society as you put it. I feel as though my experience with this company could have been better, so I wanted to share it with you guys.

Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: BOONER] #3823694 12/07/12 04:26 AM
C
Capt.Engine2 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Didn't vote for Obama, mostly because of his Healthcare bill which I believe will bankrupt the insurance companies and lead to single pay universal healthcare. This of course would lead to no competition which would force everyone to accept what ever is thrown at them by said monopoly. Under the current system consumers can chose whom to do business with based on things like value and customer support. I believe, like most republicans I know, that competition and free markets are always better for the consumers. By posting his disappointment in his purchase, this kid is doing what any good republican would do. Using his only form of recourse, his voice, to shift dollars to companies he believes provide a better value. What's more republican than that?

Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: Texas_Aggie_13] #3823721 12/07/12 04:34 AM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Texas_Aggie_13
I just want to say I never said they owed me anything... I, as the customer did not feel taken care of... That is the whole purpose of my post and I respect your opinion. I myself am a conservative, and I dislike handouts and the you owe me society as you put it. I feel as though my experience with this company could have been better, so I wanted to share it with you guys.

You are right and I am sorry if I offended you. Just some of these guys seem to want something for nothing. Sorry for your bad experience. My only experience with them was great , but who knows. Maybe I caught them on a good day. On another note I do have a Bushnell rangefinder from about 17-18 yrs ago that still works great. It was a golfing one before I even knew they used them for hunting. 0-450 yds and works awesome. No im not a bushnell rep I just have had good luck with some of their products , but I dont have a Bushnell on any of my rifles.

Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: Capt.Engine2] #3823742 12/07/12 04:38 AM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Capt.Engine2
Didn't vote for Obama, mostly because of his Healthcare bill which I believe will bankrupt the insurance companies and lead to single pay universal healthcare. This of course would lead to no competition which would force everyone to accept what ever is thrown at them by said monopoly. Under the current system consumers can chose whom to do business with based on things like value and customer support. I believe, like most republicans I know, that competition and free markets are always better for the consumers. By posting his disappointment in his purchase, this kid is doing what any good republican would do. Using his only form of recourse, his voice, to shift dollars to companies he believes provide a better value. What's more republican than that?

Wasnt his post, just yours. You made a lot of assumptions with no facts. Never said I was a Republican. He did the right thing, you not so much. No big deal, I hope he finds a good range finder.

Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: Capt.Engine2] #3823745 12/07/12 04:40 AM
C
Capt.Engine2 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
And for the "you assume a lot " statement. This kid stated that the rangefinder looked brand new. He also stated it had never been dropped or wet. I have no reason not to believe him. Texas aggie did your letter say the unit had shown signs of abuse? Seems to me the assumption monkey is on the backs of those that assume you are lying and didn't care for you product. Hey if you guys are comfortable still buying bushnell products then by all means. It's your money and I "assume" you all work as hard for yours as I do for mine and don't rely on "handouts". But just as you have the right to do so. This kid has the right to tell others about his experience. Bushnell offered you 40% off of a product that YOU broke. But this kid is the "free loader"? You gladly accepted the discount even though it was your fault but this guy is somehow the bad guy in all this. A little hypocritical if you ask me. They didn't even offer this kid retail pricing for a unit he did not break. He never said he expected anything for free. He would have probably been happy with 40% off.

Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: TxAg] #3823801 12/07/12 05:03 AM
C
Crawdaddct Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
All Bushnell products come with a Limited Lifetime Warranty, so they have to tell you exactly how you broke the product. They should have a tech that looked at the item and decided it was abuse that broke it, not a defect. I would challenge them. Of course I have been known to bombard the service department of companies with e-mails. The key is to CC the CEO, President, Vice President, board members and anyone else you can about how unfair the company is being. I can be a pain in the rear, just ask my wife.

Last edited by Crawdaddct; 12/07/12 05:05 AM.
Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: Texas_Aggie_13] #3823806 12/07/12 05:09 AM
C
Crawdaddct Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Originally Posted By: Texas_Aggie_13

They do owe you something. You bougt their product. They should stand by their product and fix it. If they dont, then you should be upset and your post is completely justified.

Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: TxAg] #3823817 12/07/12 05:15 AM
C
Cannon Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Get a Leica and be done with it. All the money we spend in lease, corn, feeders, trucks, etc., no reason to "save" a couple hundered dollars to have to deal with a company that doesn't stand behind its products.

Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: Capt.Engine2] #3824014 12/07/12 12:39 PM
D
dee Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Oh yeah, complete bull shart on the technology statement, they are still making the exact same rangefinder.

Just because the same model is still being sold does not mean it is still being built.

And the Vortex preacher's May want to look before buying their rangefinder has a limited lifetime warranty not the VIP that made them famous.

"A vote is like a rifle; it's usefulness depends on the character of the user" Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: dee] #3824055 12/07/12 01:04 PM
C
Capt.Engine2 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
I guess that's why I used the word "making" instead of "selling"

Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: Capt.Engine2] #3824108 12/07/12 01:24 PM
D
dee Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
So you work in the factory then.

"A vote is like a rifle; it's usefulness depends on the character of the user" Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: dee] #3824212 12/07/12 02:01 PM
C
Capt.Engine2 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
I don't have to, I have a telephone and can call and ask them. Their number is 800-423-3537. Aggie pm'd me and his model is the scout 1000 with ARC. Give them a call, they will gladly tell you it's still in production, they are open from 7 to 5 today......next

Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: huntwest] #3824225 12/07/12 02:06 PM
L
longhorn_cop Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: huntwest
I know exactly which Leupold units have 2 year and which ones have one year. As a matter of fact I know the warranty of brand of rangefinder and camera on the market. I didn't have to do a google search either.
You did not mention the warranty in your post you wrongly accused a company of not keeping up with technology. Which you are wrong about. So instead of reading about how fast a company will repair or replace a product you should read about the product.
I have a beer, I just hate haters of any of the companies that have been a huge part of the hunting industry and culture. It seems that a lot of people get on here and poo poo on products not conceived as "high end" but Bushnell sells more rangefinders than any other company by a huge margin and have thousands happy customers. So does Leupold & Nikon. All great companies.
You should pay heed to your wise friends advice.

Hi Mr. Bushnell
stir

Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: longhorn_cop] #3824242 12/07/12 02:10 PM
L
LandPirate Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
I'll admit that I won't even consider Bushnell products. Had one once and it let me down at the moment of truth. I'll never compromise quality for cost again. With that said, I'll never buy another Bushnell product....ever. Same with Simmons, Weaver, and other "bargain" optics.

Mike
Buda, Tx
Hunt near Freer
Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: dee] #3824259 12/07/12 02:14 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: dee
Oh yeah, complete bull shart on the technology statement, they are still making the exact same rangefinder.

Just because the same model is still being sold does not mean it is still being built.

And the Vortex preacher's May want to look before buying their rangefinder has a limited lifetime warranty not the VIP that made them famous.

Your correct... but if there is any company that would stand behind it and go the extra mile it would be vortex...ill take the chance with vortex.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: BOBO the Clown] #3824310 12/07/12 02:29 PM
A
aggiehunter03 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
A
I've had bad experiences with Non-Elite Bushnell scopes and a POS pair of binocs, and a trophy cam. I haven't tried an Elite scope but since 5 Bushnell products have been garbage I will never own anything thay says Bushnell on it again.

You should get a Leupold. I had a 4 wheeler wreck and ruined my scope turret covers on a VX3 and they sent me new ones for free. Last week I messed up a brand new PRW ring mounting it and when i called to order the replacement part the AMERICAN guy on the phone said we will just send you a brand new one free. USA company and awesome customer service with high quality products. I'm sticking with Leupold.

Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: Capt.Engine2] #3824609 12/07/12 03:48 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
And one more thing, many of the leupold units have a 2 year warranty, You might need to get a few beers on second thought. Maybe use some of your technological wizardry on this new thing called the Internet and research things before you word vomit all over your next post. A very wise man once told me, "it's better to be perceived a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

No doubt you have removed the doubt.

Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: BOONER] #3824711 12/07/12 04:20 PM
C
Capt.Engine2 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
LOL, you got me with that one, well played ( :

Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: TxAg] #3824779 12/07/12 04:39 PM
M
MrRick Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
M
I think low cost products is at times the luck of the draw. I use low cost scopes and so far they work. I buy cheap ones so if I break it no worries.

I've owned two scopes in the last twenty years. Both less than 100dollars, both still work. Both were zeroed once. But even though my rifle gets bounced around in the truck and occasionally whacked on a mesquite branch or fence post, ect... I feel that I just got lucky. If I only got two years out of a bushnell product, I would have been happy.

Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: MrRick] #3825524 12/07/12 08:45 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I've got Bushnell scopes on two of my rifles and they aren't safe queens or high dollar rifles and they get their share of bumps and dings and just plain get used. Also got a pair of binocs that have been through it and bounched around dropped and are still working and it's been about five years now.
Cheap scopes have a place or they wouldn't be selling or be in business.
What I like about them is I don't cringe when they get bumped, or worry if I might break them. They won't send me a new one but I don't care. I've had them several years now and if they broke right now I've got my monies worth, and then some.

Last edited by Jimbo; 12/07/12 08:46 PM.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: Jimbo] #3825702 12/07/12 09:29 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:
I just want to say I never said they owed me anything... I, as the customer did not feel taken care of...

So you felt liked they owed taking care of you because you had purchased one of their products that was no longer under warranty.

I am not a fan of Bushnell products, but Bushnell's obligations to you ended at the end of the warranty. That is why warranty period are stated as to what they include. Part of choosing a product wisely is knowing what comes with the product including the warranty. You buy the warranty when you buy a new product.

Quote:
They do owe you something. You bougt their product. They should stand by their product and fix it. If they dont, then you should be upset and your post is completely justified.

Had it been within the warranty period, they would have resolved the issue. The company had no obligation to fix anything no longer under warranty.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: Double Naught Spy] #3825866 12/07/12 10:34 PM
T
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
T
I just want to share with you guys, I received a call from Bushnell this afternoon to discuss my situation. We talked about my unit and they decided they will give me a replacement. Also I just want to say that I never asked for that, I just voiced my opinion of how I felt about their CS. I thank them very much for what they did, the phone call most of all.

Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: redchevy] #3825911 12/07/12 10:48 PM
T
Troutfisch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
When it comes to optics I prefer Nikon and Leupold over them but as for trail cameras, Bushnell puts out a nice product.

"In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen."
-Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: Troutfisch] #3826002 12/07/12 11:20 PM
T
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
T
I do agree with you there, I own Nikon Monarch and Leupold scopes and do have a Bushnell trail cam.

Re: Why not to buy Bushnell Products !! [Re: Troutfisch] #3826004 12/07/12 11:20 PM
C
Capt.Engine2 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Ata boy, very well handled young man! Glad they came around. Good thing that company is ran by reasonable people willing to stand behind what they sell and not some of the hard arses on this forum. Mega Kudos to Bushnell for doing the right thing!!!!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide