Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Your best experience with a Game Warden. #3782315 11/24/12 01:22 AM
HWY_MAN Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Mine was in Manitoba Canada on Sassaginagack Lake, we had three boats fishing for Walleye on a hot spot, we seen them fly in and they came directly at us. They checked our catch and licences and wrote up one of our guys for not using a barbless jig. When they got around to my cousin and I they were checking us out and and were curious about the way points we had on the GPS. While showing them the area's I noticed they had rods in their boat and handed them my Leatherman so they could turn down the barbs on the jigs they had tied on. They went back and tore up our buddies ticket and gave him a warning. It was funny and they were good guy's.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: HWY_MAN] #3782389 11/24/12 01:52 AM
D
Dwight Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
D
Hand a very positive experience with Game Warden Colt Gaulden on my place in Grayson county. I was having a problem with trespassers but Colt took some pictures off my game cam of the offenders and in very short time found them and solved my problem. Colt was very professional and really a great guy. I thank him.

An armed society is a polite society.
Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: Dwight] #3782416 11/24/12 02:01 AM
W
woodwalker Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Got the old Warden round here talking on night at the camp. He had stopped by around supper time and ended up eating and sitting round telling Game Warden tales. Some of the stuff he told from his point of view about the goings on he had experienced on the job were hilarious.

Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: Dwight] #3782421 11/24/12 02:02 AM
H
h20thief Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Just this past weekend, havent seen the Haskell Co. game warden since getting on the place 5 years ago. He drove up this weekend while I was building fence and we chatted about everything including the theft thats been going on. He wanted to check our license which was fine, I'm by the book anyway. Said he'd be on the lookout for our 4 wheelers that were stolen and went on his way. Super nice guy, glad to put a name with a face.

H20thief
------------
Positive thinking may not solve all your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: h20thief] #3782485 11/24/12 02:30 AM
A
aeb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A
One evening I left the ranch HQ to go to town and spotted a truck up the road. It was parked barely in sight but had a good view of my entranceway. I knew I was going to be gone for the day and the rest of the family members were in Abilene burning up my credit card. The ranch hq is pretty isolated and something just didn’t seem right. I turned around, went back to the entrance and parked in plain sight with my driver’s side facing his truck. After about 5 minutes the observer decided that he was busted and began to drive down the hill toward me. Surprised the devil out of me when I recognized it as a GW truck. The conversation went like this.

GW: You watching me watching you?
Me: Yep.
GW: Guess I better get back to work.
Me: Me too.

We both had a laugh about the situation and went on our way.

Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: aeb] #3782559 11/24/12 03:04 AM
J
jrpbullrider Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
A few days ago I was on my way home from the morning hunt I was stop on the side of the road moving a deer I saw in the middle of the road and wanted to move her off the road and found out as I was in the road I forgot to remove my side arm and my knives from my belt. I always have them on and most of the time I remove them well that day I did not. A G.W. drove up and said he was called about the deer and was going to move it. He saw my side arm and the knives and asked about them, I told him what had happen, he then ask me to remove them and put them in my truck. He ran my paper work (all was good) and gave me a warning about being careful when I leave my lease. He then helped me move her farther off the road and then we both took off. We did not not stay around and talk or anything but I have to say it was a good meeting he could of did a lot more to me. But I guess they see a lot of this don't know.

Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: jrpbullrider] #3782586 11/24/12 03:13 AM
C
CRAnderson52 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Do to an idiot neighbor we became darn good friends with the Coleman County Game Warden back when we hunted there. It was so bad that we had him on speed dial. Anyway, he was one of the nicest people I know. He knew when dinner was ready and that he was always welcome, so from time to time he would stroll in and join us. He checked all of our guns and licenses once a year just to make sure none of us went stupid and would check any guests we had if he saw them.

Awesome guy, really changed my views on all Game Wardens!

You can run but you can't hide...
Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: CRAnderson52] #3782808 11/24/12 04:53 AM
B
bayourat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
William Heath was the Game Warden here in Coleman Co. for about 12 years. The last 6 years he had the whole county by himself most of the time. This week last year Thanksgiving week William was diagnosed with Liver and Pancreatic cancer. He lost his battle with cancer July 3rd of this year.
I had known him for a couple of years, but one day he stopped by the house and asked if I could let him into a place that was landlocked way back off a county road. I took him back in there, over time he got to where he would stop by and get eggs, eat supper or breakfast. I still have 4 bottles out of a 6 pack of Diet Dr. Pepper in the frig under thee carport and he probably drank both of those bottles out of that 6 pack. I got to go do quite a few ride alongs with him over the years and we built up quite a friendship.
I miss him, he was a fine Christian man, a good fair/logical officer and a good friend. I haven't met the 2 new wardens we have yet but they will have some big shoes to fill.

Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: bayourat] #3782821 11/24/12 05:07 AM
C
CRAnderson52 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: bayourat
William Heath was the Game Warden here in Coleman Co. for about 12 years. The last 6 years he had the whole county by himself most of the time. This week last year Thanksgiving week William was diagnosed with Liver and Pancreatic cancer. He lost his battle with cancer July 3rd of this year.
I had known him for a couple of years, but one day he stopped by the house and asked if I could let him into a place that was landlocked way back off a county road. I took him back in there, over time he got to where he would stop by and get eggs, eat supper or breakfast. I still have 4 bottles out of a 6 pack of Diet Dr. Pepper in the frig under thee carport and he probably drank both of those bottles out of that 6 pack. I got to go do quite a few ride alongs with him over the years and we built up quite a friendship.
I miss him, he was a fine Christian man, a good fair/logical officer and a good friend. I haven't met the 2 new wardens we have yet but they will have some big shoes to fill.

Are you serious? That's the one I'm talking about, I just couldn't remember his name. Man that sucks. He was a hell of a man and did his job extremely well. Man I can't believe that...

Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: CRAnderson52] #3782832 11/24/12 05:14 AM
B
bayourat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Figured thats who you were talking about when you said he stopped by at dinner time. William knew where to find free vittles.

Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: bayourat] #3782881 11/24/12 06:13 AM
C
CRAnderson52 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
I still can't believe that... He would always drink a DP too, I do remember that. Crazy how stuff happens...

Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: CRAnderson52] #3782999 11/24/12 01:17 PM
T
txhunter1010 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Watching him give my cousin a ticket for tagging a buck wrong. Haha that was years ago and I still give him a hard time

Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: txhunter1010] #3783018 11/24/12 01:33 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Out dove hunting one time with my son. It was the first year he was with me on a bird hunt and a female GW walked up to check our licenses and dove.
My son was about 50-75 yards from me and I pointed her in his direction. I watched this 12 year old do everything he was supposed to do and he even asked her a few questions. Was a great first experience for him and I really appreciated her taking the time to talk with him.

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: pegasaurus] #3783077 11/24/12 02:15 PM
P
Palehorse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
With a buddy and we caught a leagal limit of speckled trout. We pull the boat out of the water and another friend calls me and tells me the white bass are running hard at Lake Somerville. Since our boat and gear is already loaded, we run out to Somerville and catch a bunch of white bass.
We are pulling the boat out of the water and a GW walks up and asks to look in our cooler. I said "yea, we caught a bunch of these stripedy fish and a bunch of these spotty fish". He said, "You caught these here?". We almost had him convinced that they were now stocking specks in freshwater.

Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: Palehorse] #3783170 11/24/12 02:59 PM
B
Buglemintoday Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Originally Posted By: Palehorse
We almost had him convinced that they were now stocking specks in freshwater.

LoL

Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: Buglemintoday] #3783482 11/24/12 05:06 PM
8pointdrop Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I like my county game warden, we've become friends over the years. I've accessed him a few times by pointing him the direction of trespassers and spot lighters. He called me last night actually wanting to know if I had seen anyone around my lease spotlighting from the roads, guess he'd had someone call about it.

All of my experiences with any wardens have went fine. Ask for licenses, check coolers, then on their way(doing their jobs). All the people I have heard bad mouth wardens were either in the wrong or suspected of such.

Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: 8pointdrop] #3783492 11/24/12 05:13 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
So far in my years of fishing and hunting only ran into one. Several years ago one pulled up to my boat on Lake Lavon and asked to see my license. I held it up and he said OK have a nice day. I said the same.

That's all I got. I've met several game wardens at shows or events and all of them were interesting to chat with and very professional.

To be determined
Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: TurkeyHunter] #3783510 11/24/12 05:29 PM
M
mboswell Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Have never had a bad expeience with any of them I have met. If your wrong your wrong !
The one here in Childress has been a big help several times on my place and different areas I was on.

Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: mboswell] #3783946 11/24/12 10:05 PM
T
Texas Heat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
*In my personal experience, with the dozen or so gamewardens I have had interaction with.*

Never had a good experience with gamewardens, they are always jerks to the highest level. Never been ticketed or done anything wrong, but they always come in and treat you like a felon.

Last edited by Texas Heat; 11/25/12 06:40 AM.
Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: Texas Heat] #3784311 11/25/12 01:31 AM
T
tightlines24 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Fishing one night on Wright Patman and game warden comes flying up to my boat. I guess he misjudged how close we were and he had to turn his boat hard and still hit us pretty hard. Scared the pee out of me but he was very apoligetic. Never understood why he came up on us so fast but I guess he had a reason. Anyways, no harm done. He did ask about license and life jackets which we had and talked a bit and off he went.He was still in a hurry!

Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: tightlines24] #3784654 11/25/12 04:23 AM
R
redfred Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
I met a GW while hunting one day, and we talked for a while. I told him I was a Scoutmaster and asked if he would like to talk to my Boy Scout troop. He came to our next meeting and really made an impression on the boys. He talked about the importance of conservation and clean camping, and told several stories about his experiences catching poachers. Most of our Scouts had never been hunting, but they were all enthralled by his talk.

Alcohol,Tobacco, and Firearms. Should not be a government bureau. Should be a department store.
Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: tightlines24] #3784660 11/25/12 04:27 AM
B
BGlegal1 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Had 4 total encounters with GW's, all positive. Best one was on my son's first dove hunt when he was 7 or 8 years old. GW came down the fence line we were hunting on a 4 wheeler. Stopped and shot the breeze for a bit, checked our license and birds and checked my son's 870 for plug. He explained to my boy what he was doing and why. As he was leaving, he complimented my son on his safe handling of his shotgun. Great first experience for my son.

Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: Texas Heat] #3784701 11/25/12 04:55 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Texas Heat
Never had a good experience with gamewardens, they are always jerks to the highest level. Never been ticketed or done anything wrong, but they always come in and treat you like a felon.

rolleyes

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: Grizz] #3784783 11/25/12 06:30 AM
T
Texas Heat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: grizz

rolleyes

Ok so im not allowed to share my personal experience with Gamewardens? You dont like me response then tough, move on.

Last edited by Texas Heat; 11/25/12 06:32 AM.
Re: Your best experience with a Game Warden. [Re: Texas Heat] #3784786 11/25/12 06:37 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: grizz

rolleyes

Ok so im not allowed to share my personal experience with Gamewardens? You dont like me response then tough, move on.

It has nothing to do with your personal experience when you present the statement as if it covers all game wardens. That's an awful broad brush if you haven't dealt with all of them.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide