THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Pm sent.

Re: Military duck hunt [Re: fourtrax] #3605517 09/26/12 03:30 AM
1FowlHntR Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
For texas they were getting hammered with national guard guys that were claiming they were active duty and weren't so now you have to verify (unless you know someone)that you have been back in Texas 6 months before they will give you a licence. Since he is from out of state all hunting fees will be applicable to him unortuneately. To include ederal duck stamp. I wished there was a way around it that was legal, but there isn't that I'm aware of. PM me for Ideas.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Re: Military duck hunt [Re: 1FowlHntR] #3605777 09/26/12 07:13 AM
fourtrax Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Matt is a Texas resident so he has to wait 6 months before they wave license fees? If this is so maybe we can get a pot together so he is not out of pocket any money for his license and stamps. I figure it's the least we can do.

Re: Military duck hunt [Re: fourtrax] #3605890 09/26/12 11:29 AM
U
usaf medic Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
U
hey guys. Unless the law changed for 2012, I shouldn't have to pay for the TX license. I'm a legal resident of Texas and being Active Duty it doesnt mater where I'm stationed I will always be a TEXAN! Since joining I've never had to pay for the state license, is so i'll just show them last years payment of $0.00 thats printed on the license.
I dont know about the public fees.
And the Fed stamp is a must pay.

Re: Military duck hunt [Re: usaf medic] #3609250 09/27/12 03:37 AM
C
Chief C Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Matt, you are correct. I'm active duty as well and just got my license a few weeks ago. The super combo is still free. The annual public hunting permit is $48. I can't remember the exact price of the duck stamp, but want to say it was like $17. Never duck hunted myself, but I'm gonna get the stamp just in case. I will let you know what it costs after I get it. Stay safe in the box!

Re: Military duck hunt [Re: Chief C] #3609516 09/27/12 10:37 AM
U
usaf medic Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
U
Will do Chief C! I cant wait to get back home!
I ordered a Bowtech bow, half off if shipped to an APO address. And have been getting a bunch of flack for shooting it( in a very safe area). I just tell them you'll be doing house chores and I will be hunting my butt off!

Re: Military duck hunt [Re: usaf medic] #3609805 09/27/12 01:18 PM
M
masagaut Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
More people should be doing things like this. I was enlisted in the military a few years back and my father and his buddies always made a huge effort for me to get out and get some hunting in while I was at home. If it hadn't been for them, there would have been times it just wouldn't have been able to work out. The sacrifices these guys make for us on a daily basis is something that can't be repaid. As a veteran, it really gives me a good feeling down in my gut to see people out there doing things like this.

"Never in the field of conflict was so much owed by so many to so few..." -Winston Churchill

This is something that a large part of America has forgotten.

"A nation that forgets its heroes will itself soon be forgotten." -Calvin Coolidge

Just a final thought (that does not belong to me originally)of our boys in Afghanistan about our fellow Americans.

"He gets up everyday and hunts something that you don't think exists..."-Unknown

Re: Military duck hunt [Re: masagaut] #3610216 09/27/12 03:07 PM
U
usaf medic Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
U
The method of War is not to die for your country, but make that sorry S.O.B. die for his!
This war is not on the front page media like Iraq was, instead the media is focused on other things.
This wars decisions are being made by people who have never stepped from around their computer and dont know what its like Boots on ground.

I am truely humbled that there are people that shake my hand and say "thank you for your service". I am especially greatfull for those who do things like this hunting trip! thanks again!

Re: Military duck hunt [Re: masagaut] #3610494 09/27/12 04:38 PM
Nathan Nelson Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: masagaut
More people should be doing things like this. I was enlisted in the military a few years back and my father and his buddies always made a huge effort for me to get out and get some hunting in while I was at home. If it hadn't been for them, there would have been times it just wouldn't have been able to work out. The sacrifices these guys make for us on a daily basis is something that can't be repaid. As a veteran, it really gives me a good feeling down in my gut to see people out there doing things like this.

I know that "texassmoker" has taken guys dove hunting and, "father of 4" has/is planning on taking guys hog and deer hunting. I have personally taken guys blackbuck, aoudad, red deer, pere david deer, follow deer, axis deer, hog, dove and, duck hunting already this year. This weekend I am taking a guy aoudad hunting and my daughter is taking another guy hog hunting on Sat and then I am taking another guy duck hunting on Sun.

I think there are a lot of people who are extremely proud of what our military guys do and stand for, in fact this forum is one of the best places to see it. I know for a fact that if any service member posts something looking for a hunt there will be at least one THF member step and answer the request. Now it may take a couple of days but it will happen. If you watch my posts I will have drawings several times a year where I give away pretty good hunts. In the last month I have given away an all expensive paid for dove hunt for up to 8 people and two all expense paid for duck hunts.

You hang in there and have faith. We are here to help you and to celebrate your brave actions. In fact if you shoot me a PM and let me know what you want to hunt, I will take care of it before the end of the year.

Re: Military duck hunt [Re: usaf medic] #3610564 09/27/12 04:57 PM
fourtrax Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: usaf medic
The method of War is not to die for your country, but make that sorry S.O.B. die for his!
This war is not on the front page media like Iraq was, instead the media is focused on other things.
This wars decisions are being made by people who have never stepped from around their computer and dont know what its like Boots on ground.

I am truely humbled that there are people that shake my hand and say "thank you for your service". I am especially greatfull for those who do things like this hunting trip! thanks again!

All the thanks goes to you Matt! I don't even want to hear thank you from you. grin I know that my hunting partner, Wal1809, and I can't wait to go on this hunt with you.

Re: Military duck hunt [Re: fourtrax] #3610571 09/27/12 04:58 PM
Nathan Nelson Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
This is the way it should be...

Re: Military duck hunt [Re: Nathan Nelson] #3610580 09/27/12 05:01 PM
fourtrax Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Great thing your doing Nathan! up

Re: Military duck hunt [Re: fourtrax] #3730526 11/07/12 12:54 AM
fourtrax Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Getting close Matt!!! Can't wait to get ya on the water! up I know your ready to get home.

Re: Military duck hunt [Re: fourtrax] #3730774 11/07/12 01:55 AM
N
Nshotput Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
N
Glad you guys had a good hunt on Sunday. Killed me to have to pass up that hunt but with my current schedule I couldn't do it unfortunately. If it was this weekend I would have had it made in the shade and been able to go but unfortunately it was not to be. Hopefully over the christmas break I will be able to get out on some public land and try to get some duck hunting in and at the very least run the boat and get some time outdoors. Again congrats to the winner ands thanks to Nathan for providing this opportunity

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide