Forums46
Topics538,575
Posts9,738,708
Members87,095
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: Double Naught Spy] #3712589 11/01/12 11:10 AM
HWY_MAN Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
Quote:
Not trying to cause an argument... now if he was planning on shooting on your land thats one thing....but he has every right to hunt on his side...just like you have every right to do your fence work when you choose... i think its safer to have a stand on a fenceline and shooting on the property instead of having one 100-200yrds off the fenceline then having to shoot back twords your place if a shot presented itself.

Yep.

My hunting property is 46 acres and my neighbor's to my west is even smaller. It would be impossible for him to not hunt within 200 yards of a fence. For me, I could hunt a triangle smaller than 20 yards on a side if 200 yards was a rule.

Theres 4 places like you describe bordering my Southwest fence, three of them have blinds by the fence, one of them took 15 deer between him and his two sons last year. He had a couple of friends out also so I'm sure the count is higher.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: talkturkey] #3712600 11/01/12 11:15 AM
HWY_MAN Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: talkturkey
Fence line stands are always annoying and uncalled for, and your right, it should be able to be rectified with a little communication and asking. However, just curious, could this post be construed to fall against the Sportsman's Rights Act?

Don't see how, was planning on doing the fence work after the first of the year, just starting a little earlier.

Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: Double Naught Spy] #3712616 11/01/12 11:31 AM
H
Hoytman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
H
My place is only 47acres and i have 2 stands within 30yds of the fence line with all feeders and shooting lanes pointed in towards my property and as thick as it is no bullet will cross the fence. This year my neighbor put a feeder on the fence line with one of the legs tied to the fence post! dont get any closer than that. The real problem is he cant shoot any place that wont cross the fence onto my property. Not gonna say anything uless bullets start wizzin by my stand and like said here nobody will do anything about it even if u call em. I just park my 4 wheeler next to the feeder on my side and walk to my stand now.

(Sig Pic to be no more than 125 pixels tall)
Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: Hoytman] #3713160 11/01/12 02:44 PM
L
LandPirate Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
Give 'em heck, HWY.

Mike
Buda, Tx
Hunt near Freer
Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: LandPirate] #3713273 11/01/12 03:12 PM
T
tShawnB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Well good luck and I sympothize with you; we routinely have folks putting up stands withing rock tossing distance on our lease boundry (fence line), even though the lease rules state 200 yds minimum distance from your fence.

How come everybody I meet is a deer hunting expert?
Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: newulmboy] #3713608 11/01/12 04:40 PM
E
ETXbuckman Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
E
Originally Posted By: newulmboy
Trust me, the whole Sportman's Rights Act is very hard to prove unless you have video proof. Bear with me, this is a long story. Hunted in New Ulm for over 20 years and my dad hunted this same property since he was a kid. Great hunting. Two of the three neighbors are extremely anti-hunting. Opening morning one of them hires a crew to clean her pipe fencing. The other one shoots her .22, starts the chain-saw, drives by honking at the deer, walks down the fence lines hollering and yelling to get the F*** out and noone wants you hear (my land lol). And guess what. The game warden came to stand 6 years in a row opening morning. 6 years!!!!!!! I was livid. I told them that the crazy neighbor was the one who was nuts and breaking the law. Finally I called the game warden on her for shooting across the property lines. Never showed. Called sheriffs office and game wardens and asked why noone had responded to my calls. They laughed at me. Filed a complaint. They showed up the next time, saw her shooting her .22 out of her truck on the highway. Big ticket. They finally believed me. Finally. Same stuff still happens, but not shooting off the highway. Game wardens said they cant do anything unless I get it on camera. Its frustrating to say to least and the main reason I bought land in the hill country.

I'd say it sounds like you're hunting near my father-in-law's place- his neighbors are a bunch of tree hugging hippies- but fortunately they're also out-of-state tree hugging hippies (California. Who'da thunk it?) so they don't cause any issues.

Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: HWY_MAN] #3713647 11/01/12 04:57 PM
B
BowMan59 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Classic, I've got a old west TX rancher friend that has had this happening for years, but he does have a cure and I must say it works. He calls it the 257 Roberts method, when he's sure it's safe and no ones in the area he practices short shots by hitting small items hanging on the bottom of 55 gal barrels. He says it has improved his varmint hunting skills. I'm not condoning this action but it seems to work for him!

Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: BowMan59] #3714783 11/01/12 11:12 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I can see being mad about cutting your fence. But I think it is ridiculous to get mad about them putting stands on the fence line....it is their land. If they want to put stands on the fence line that is their right, just as much as it is your right to do the same thing or build a high fence.

Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: DocHorton] #3714831 11/01/12 11:28 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: DocHorton
I can see being mad about cutting your fence. But I think it is ridiculous to get mad about them putting stands on the fence line....it is their land. If they want to put stands on the fence line that is their right, just as much as it is your right to do the same thing or build a high fence.

Yep, it's nice to own your own land, but when you own your land you are stuck with your neighbors and vise versa.
Remember that when folks post on those topics of leases gone bad by saying, "that's why I own my own land!"

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: DocHorton] #3714844 11/01/12 11:33 PM
Rockinmyshoe Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

I like the part just as much as it is your right to build fence and run your D8 all day long..Oh the sound of the tracks slapping,and shaken the clods off your blade.

Welcome to W Texas up

Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: Rockinmyshoe] #3715907 11/02/12 10:00 AM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
I am still going to have to mull over this notion that a person hunting on his own land is somehow doing somebody wrong, LOL. If you want a bigger barrier from your neighbors, build it yourself, but hunting their own land is proper.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: Double Naught Spy] #3716856 11/02/12 05:31 PM
B
Bill Waldschmidt Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: Double Naught Spy
I am still going to have to mull over this notion that a person hunting on his own land is somehow doing somebody wrong, LOL. If you want a bigger barrier from your neighbors, build it yourself, but hunting their own land is proper.

It's stupid and comes up on here a couple times a week it seems. People get real butthurt when they can see a stand or feeder from their property for some reason.

However, if the person is in fact shooting across the fence or cutting fences... then there is a real issue

Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: HWY_MAN] #3716894 11/02/12 05:46 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Cutting the fence is the "big" one for me. Allot of time and money go in to maintaining a fence, so some jackwagon with no respect for his landowner or his neighbor, cuts a hole? as if all the deer there are cripple.

I wish I was closer, I'd love to get on that D8 and and push some turf!! The blind I could have dealt with if I had too, but not the fence cutting.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: Featherduster] #3717073 11/02/12 07:12 PM
N
newulmboy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
N
Dude, our police department sucks. lol [/quote]

Amen brother.

Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: newulmboy] #3717458 11/02/12 10:05 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
To me it makes more sense to have the blind on the fenceline and be shooting back into our place, rather than moving the blind in and be shooting back towards the fence. Like some others have pointed out, everything on my side of the fence is my land, and I will hunt it as I see fit.

Now, I must say that every spot we have a blind near a fence, the neighbors place is either high-fenced, or very remote and not hunted by them.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #3718262 11/03/12 08:00 AM
S
Seadog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
With the heat in Texas, be sure and take frequent breaks so you don't get heat exhaustion!!! The job should last a while!!!

I support Cap and Trade - Cap our spending and Trade Obama

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the Government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. - Thomas Jefferson
Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: Seadog] #3718438 11/03/12 12:17 PM
A
Aboud Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
Keep us informed. Looking forward to the outcome today.

Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: HWY_MAN] #3718890 11/03/12 03:41 PM
S
Shorty Gorham Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Feed lots of corn in the mean time. This will keep all the deer on your property.

Had a guy a couple years ago set up a blind and feeder 25 yards off our fence. He was leasing and we knew the head of lease. We called him and asked that he would ask the owner of the blind and feeder to move it off our fence a couple hundred yards. The head of lease was very nice (as he always is) and said he'd pass the word on. The day before opener the set up was still in place.

Opening day I was out there plenty early. I waited in my truck, corn feeder full and plenty of extra bags. As soon as I saw his flashlight coming into his blind I fired up the truck and started corning. I corned and corned and corned and corned. Needless to say I never heard a shot. That evening I did the same thing. I repeated this until he no longer came to the stand (I think it was Monday and he was back to work). Anyhow, that week the feeder and blind both got moved. Problem solved!

Sometime you just have to think outside the box to get done what you want. Is it legal to set up next to a fence? Yes. Is it rude, disrespectful and rubbing it in your face? Yes. We are all hunters and all just want to hunt. A little respect toward your neighbors goes a long way.

I love the dozer idea!

www.WorldClassHunts.com
WorldClassHunts@yahoo.com
1-877-832-4417
Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: Shorty Gorham] #3718979 11/03/12 04:28 PM
B
BClineCoke Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
So did construction start this morning?

Barrett Cline-Coke
Director of Operations
Champion Maintenance Group
469-358-6236
Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: BClineCoke] #3718998 11/03/12 04:37 PM
Rockinmyshoe Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: BClineCoke
So did construction start this morning?

From another thread this morning

HWY_MAN said

I'll be fixing fence and feeding most the day but Mrs B and I will be hunting this evening. She'll be doing the hunting this year I'm just the guide and gun porter. In the AM I'm going to introduce her to rattling. cheers

Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: Rockinmyshoe] #3719701 11/03/12 11:14 PM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Did someone on this post really say they had 3 stands and feeders on 50 acres???

And people wonder why so many high fences are around???

Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: txbobcat] #3721309 11/04/12 06:30 PM
R
rubsal70 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
R
Originally Posted By: txbobcat
Did someone on this post really say they had 3 stands and feeders on 50 acres???

And people wonder why so many high fences are around???

So please tell me how many acres per blind and feeder? I have gone to three different places where is 35-50 acres and have more than 3 blinds. Pleas advise

Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: rubsal70] #3723180 11/05/12 04:15 AM
T
Topshot Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
back where i am from people must just be a whole lot nicer and less snotty as many of you seem to be here. no fences, and no worries about trekking on the neighbors property to hunt deer. a place where you had hundreds of acres to hunt, even though your own property was 30-40 acres.

i love Texas, but honestly hunters in Texas and landowners here in general are stuck up and treat their land like a virgin daughter, the only way in is to marry one of the family.

really, there are more important things in life than where people set up stands and feeders. things like, being friendly and treating relationships as more important than a deer.

fortunately i have, through kindness and friendliness, made some good friends who have allowed me to hunt on their land, proving that there are still some decent hunters/landowners in texas that put others above themselves and would be willing to allow a 'guest' to shoot their deer.

Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: Topshot] #3723475 11/05/12 11:40 AM
HWY_MAN Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Quote:
i love Texas, but honestly hunters in Texas and landowners here in general are stuck up and treat their land like a virgin daughter, the only way in is to marry one of the family.

You ain't marrying my daughter!

Re: Open letter to my neighbor to the east. [Re: HWY_MAN] #3723489 11/05/12 11:53 AM
D
dawaba Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
Quote:

You ain't marrying my daughter!

Sonny, my little girl will be downstairs in just a second. Let's you and me visit a spell while I clean and inspect my guns...

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple.....and wrong." H. L. Mencken
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide