Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics539,558
Posts9,751,111
Members87,167
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Since we are King Kong of HF- B&C Fraud - anyone know of this happening here? #3670883 10/18/12 12:40 PM
D
deewayne2003 Online Content OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
http://wdt.net/article/20121003/NEWS03/710039822

Guy tries to enter buck in B&C and is denied when his 2.5yo 210" buck is thought to be farm raised.

THIS IS NOT A HF BASHING THREAD!

REPEAT - THIS IS NOT A HF Pi$$in & Moaning thread(either side)

Simply want to know if anyone knows of documented accounts of Texas deer rasied in HF that were entered into B&C or Pope&Young and denied?

Last edited by deewayne2003; 10/18/12 12:40 PM.
Re: Since we are King Kong of HF- B&C Fraud - anyone know of this happening here? [Re: deewayne2003] #3670916 10/18/12 12:53 PM
F
fishhuntgolfgeek Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F

Live Free or Die...
Re: Since we are King Kong of HF- B&C Fraud - anyone know of this happening here? [Re: fishhuntgolfgeek] #3670999 10/18/12 01:27 PM
R
rtp Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
R
WOw is all Ive got

Let'em grow old
Re: Since we are King Kong of HF- B&C Fraud - anyone know of this happening here? [Re: rtp] #3671077 10/18/12 01:44 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I'm sure it happens all the time. For all but panel scored deer, all you gotta do is sign an affidavit.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Since we are King Kong of HF- B&C Fraud - anyone know of this happening here? [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #3671113 10/18/12 01:52 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
It has happened in Texas three times that I know of and the guys were caught. They did not try to enter them in the "book" but in other contests. One was similar to this one. It happend over 20 yrs ago now when local school janitor went at night to a breeder pen and killed a buck with his bow from the pens. Cut a hole in the fence, drug his deer out and left with it. He was caught when he showed pictures around the school and someone new about the deer.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Since we are King Kong of HF- B&C Fraud - anyone know of this happening here? [Re: stxranchman] #3671190 10/18/12 02:19 PM
J
John Humbert Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
There are so many things wrong with this it would take a full article to discuss them all. Maybe I'll write one. But for now, all I can say is this:

When there is fame, money, or political power involved - there will always be liars and cheaters. From the small local fishing tournaments and "book" deer to running for President.

When the press is involved, you can be garanteed the facts will be mispresented, sensationalized, or just plain wrong.

Anytime someone does something that is spectacular, there will always be someone who will want to discredit or tear them down.

HF deer or exotics do not always stay behind the high fence. They get out with fair regularity and will intersperse with native populations.

I've seen plenty of deer hit with an arrow that drop right there.

There is wisdom in keeping your mouth shut if you catch a big fish or kill a big deer.

Everyone has the right to remian silent, few have the ability.

Last edited by John Humbert; 10/18/12 02:21 PM.
Re: Since we are King Kong of HF- B&C Fraud - anyone know of this happening here? [Re: John Humbert] #3671212 10/18/12 02:25 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: John Humbert
There are so many things wrong with this it would take a full article to discuss them all. Maybe I'll write one. But for now, all I can say is this:

When there is fame, money, or political power involved - there will always be liars and cheaters. From the small local fishing tournaments and "book" deer to running for President.

When the press is involved, you can be garanteed the facts will be mispresented, sensationalized, or just plain wrong.

Anytime someone does something that is spectacular, there will always be someone who will want to discredit or tear them down.

HF deer or exotics do not always stay behind the high fence. They get out with fair regularity and will intersperse with native populations.

I've seen plenty of deer hit with an arrow that drop right there.

There is wisdom in keeping your mouth shut if you catch a big fish or kill a big deer.

Everyone has the right to remian silent, few have the ability.

I agree there is some sloppy reporting in the article.But the fact that he chose to withdraw his entry speaks volumes.

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Since we are King Kong of HF- B&C Fraud - anyone know of this happening here? [Re: John Humbert] #3671223 10/18/12 02:27 PM
J
John Humbert Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
BTW, on a humorous note - here's something a professor told me in college many years ago.

If one person says something, he will always be a liar to some.

If one person says something and has a witness, he will be considered a liar with a real good friend. But it makes for a good story.

If three people lie, it's a political party. And they can get a large following.

Re: Since we are King Kong of HF- B&C Fraud - anyone know of this happening here? [Re: John Humbert] #3671251 10/18/12 02:38 PM
J
John Humbert Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Nogales, you are probably right - I am not defending the guy. I don't know the real facts and probably never will - but I am not going to pass judgement from 2000 miles away.

But food for thought - if you HONESTLY killed a big buck, and the local paper made a big deal of it, and you started getting thousands of phone calls, accusations, investigations, and started think you would have to get a lawyer - and started becoming the target of comments from the community, in your workplace, etc - might you not consider just withdrawing your entry just to get a little peace and quiet? It's easy to say "heck no" when it hasn't happened to you.

I have a GOOD friend - who caught some large trout and redfish. I was with him when he did it, and even had VIDEO of part of the catch. He entered the fish in a tournament, but some reason failed the polygraph. He started to fight it, but got so much bad press and ridicule that he just told me "It's not worth it, you and I know the truth". It was years before the commotion died down. And there are some who STILL think he is a liar and cheater.

And the ironic thing, the guys who complained the loudest, who filed the complaints, and ultimately won the prize money, were caught red-handed cheating in a tournament the very next month - and convicted.

Last edited by John Humbert; 10/18/12 02:41 PM.
Re: Since we are King Kong of HF- B&C Fraud - anyone know of this happening here? [Re: John Humbert] #3671290 10/18/12 02:51 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: John Humbert
Nogales, you are probably right - I am not defending the guy. I don't know the real facts and probably never will - but I am not going to pass judgement from 2000 miles away.

But food for thought - if you HONESTLY killed a big buck, and the local paper made a big deal of it, and you started getting thousands of phone calls, accusations, investigations, and started think you would have to get a lawyer - and started becoming the target of comments from the community, in your workplace, etc - might you not consider just withdrawing your entry just to get a little peace and quiet? It's easy to say "heck no" when it hasn't happened to you.

I have a GOOD friend - who caught some large trout and redfish. I was with him when he did it, and even had VIDEO of part of the catch. He entered the fish in a tournament, but some reason failed the polygraph. He started to fight it, but got so much bad press and ridicule that he just told me "It's not worth it, you and I know the truth". It was years before the commotion died down. And there are some who STILL think he is a liar and cheater.

And the ironic thing, the guys who complained the loudest, who filed the complaints, and ultimately won the prize money, were caught red-handed cheating in a tournament the very next month - and convicted.

I hear you and see your point. What to do is a personal decision. If I am ever accused of something that I did not do, I am going to fight to the last breath. I would rather be in jail than ever take any action that would indicate I did something I am innocent of. To me it WOULD be worth it.And I don't say that lightly. As an attorney, I have seen these scenarios play out both ways many times.

As for this deal,I am comfortable there is enough here to safely comment by giving my opinion. In any event,I cannot convict him and am not purporting to do so. He's the one that publicize this deal and he must live with the consequences of that decision IMO.

Re: Since we are King Kong of HF- B&C Fraud - anyone know of this happening here? [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #3671786 10/18/12 05:46 PM
H
huntnguide83 Online Happy
Veteran Tracker
Online Happy
Veteran Tracker
H
I think there is a lot of fishy things about the story that could go either way. Something that struck me as odd is one man based his decision that it was an illegal entry based off his determination of evidence. one of the things that I don't agree with is the jawbone. I look at a picture of that deer and just the face alone I don't see a two year old. Now, I don't know the states regulations where he shot it but....If they allow any type of feeding then that deer could very easily be a 4 year old buck or older if he has a different intake of food than other deer. I see it all the time off our place. I have bucks that are post mature with jawbones of bucks that would be in the 3-4 year old range. But there is to many things that don't add up. It's sad that people get so crazy and caught up in these things. But as N. Prarie stated I would surely exhaust all my efforts if i in fact shot such an animal legally and wasn't in the wrong.

Re: Since we are King Kong of HF- B&C Fraud - anyone know of this happening here? [Re: huntnguide83] #3671840 10/18/12 06:03 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
There are a ton a huge bucks killed that will never see a "Record book" like b&c. Not because they don't qualify, but simply people don't want the negative attention that always comes with it.

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: Since we are King Kong of HF- B&C Fraud - anyone know of this happening here? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #3671878 10/18/12 06:16 PM
C
Clintster Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
C
Just look at the Johnny King buck situation. That deer was shot 6 years ago and they're still bickering over it. If I shot a 220", it would be on my wall and nothing more.

Re: Since we are King Kong of HF- B&C Fraud - anyone know of this happening here? [Re: Clintster] #3671901 10/18/12 06:28 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
One of my biddies dad shot 2 bucks that would have more than likely made the book, neither has been entered.. and neither has been scored. He said score didnt matter to him he didnt want to know.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Since we are King Kong of HF- B&C Fraud - anyone know of this happening here? [Re: redchevy] #3672033 10/18/12 07:04 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
To many these are putting their faith into getting in the "book". It consumes them to the point of doing something they should not do and end up in a different book.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Since we are King Kong of HF- B&C Fraud - anyone know of this happening here? [Re: stxranchman] #3672824 10/18/12 11:50 PM
D
deewayne2003 Online Content OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
To many these are putting their faith into getting in the "book". It consumes them to the point of doing something they should not do and end up in a different book.

X2

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide