Print Thread
Iron Spike's Slick Black Ice #3559741 09/11/12 01:51 AM
C
Chris Waters Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
C
I bought "Slick" a couple of years ago from Dawn at Iron Spike Labs and she has turned out to be a wonderful dog. Dawn, she picks up the birds like a champ and loves the water. When I miss the birds, Slick turns and looks at me with the expression on her face of "you missed another one". If you need a good lab, Iron Spike produces some high quality dogs. Here is a pic of us on a recent dove hunt. Enjoy.

Re: Iron Spike's Slick Black Ice [Re: Chris Waters] #3559907 09/11/12 02:30 AM
W
Waabiishkiizii Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
awesome! Is she a close range hunter/ medium range? My GSP is a medium to long range and I love it but will be looking for a close range lab to join in on the hunts. Looking at getting one in the next few years. I went to the website for Iron SPike Labs and liked what I saw!

Z

Re: Iron Spike's Slick Black Ice [Re: Waabiishkiizii] #3560342 09/11/12 04:03 AM
H
HardWired Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
I, along with many others will agree with you Chris.
We couldn't wait for the south zone opener, so we had to drive to Uvalde and get a couple of hunts in.

This is Wyatt on his first dove hunt at 8-1/2 months, which I'm happy to say I did not have to pick up a single bird all day long.

Re: Iron Spike's Slick Black Ice [Re: HardWired] #3561093 09/11/12 03:14 PM
D
dhicks Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
We have a pup on order with Iron Spike. Dawn has been great thru this whole process so far. She takes plenty of time to answer questions and give suggestions.

Re: Iron Spike's Slick Black Ice [Re: dhicks] #3561188 09/11/12 03:45 PM
H
huntkp Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
Great looking dog. I have one on order as well and Dawn has been great about answering any and all questions that I've had, and there has been quite a few. I wouldn't hesitate one bit recommending Dawn to anyone that was wanting a gun dog.

Re: Iron Spike's Slick Black Ice [Re: huntkp] #3561337 09/11/12 04:41 PM
IronSpikeLabs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
OK you guys, you're KILLING me!!!! Damn onions... Thanks. We do this cuz we love dogs... and hunting... and people who like both. Y'all just made my day. blush

Chris... Slick looks FANTASTIC!!!

Kevin... I'm so pleased to see what you've done with Wyatt!

Darren... someone contacted me today about "the Jaeger-Bomb." I had to tell him the little man is taken. But he's getting a pup from us next Spring, so all is well.

and "Pannell Puppy" daddy... We just adore your little guy! So much personality and punch - you're gonna love him!

BTW guys, if you'll look on our new website, you'll notice I've been remiss in building a TESTIMONIALS page. I lost the old one when our prior ISP closed down and I had to re-create the entire website. Soooooooo.... send me those proud pics and comments - I'd love to see all of your pups on that page!

IRON SPIKE RANCH & KENNELS
Started & Prospective Gun Dog Pups
http://www.youtube.com/ironspikeranch
http://ironspikeranch.net
Re: Iron Spike's Slick Black Ice [Re: Waabiishkiizii] #3561401 09/11/12 05:03 PM
IronSpikeLabs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Waabiishkiizii
awesome! Is she a close range hunter/ medium range? My GSP is a medium to long range and I love it but will be looking for a close range lab to join in on the hunts. Looking at getting one in the next few years. I went to the website for Iron SPike Labs and liked what I saw!

Z

My Rascal dawg (Wyatt's mama - and his sire is Rusty) will quarter for me about 20-30 yards out. It came naturally to her, barely 'taught' her anything. She flushed all the birds for us on a hunt a couple days ago and I let some others run the retrieves. (OK, I let her get a few retrieves in, too - she earned it! lol)

But if you need one to work birds close in, I would recommend a pup from her line or from the line of my Gixxer dog. Also birdy and seem to flush naturally. I still have Missy and Red (Wyatt's littermates) and I like what I am seeing in them. They are still quite young, but so far, I think either will quarter and flush well as they mature more. Lots of focus for pups so young and readily controlled on verbal commands when I need them back at heel.

Re: Iron Spike's Slick Black Ice [Re: IronSpikeLabs] #3562064 09/11/12 08:58 PM
W
Waabiishkiizii Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
Originally Posted By: IronSpikeLabs

Z

My Rascal dawg (Wyatt's mama - and his sire is Rusty) will quarter for me about 20-30 yards out. It came naturally to her, barely 'taught' her anything. She flushed all the birds for us on a hunt a couple days ago and I let some others run the retrieves. (OK, I let her get a few retrieves in, too - she earned it! lol)

But if you need one to work birds close in, I would recommend a pup from her line or from the line of my Gixxer dog. Also birdy and seem to flush naturally. I still have Missy and Red (Wyatt's littermates) and I like what I am seeing in them. They are still quite young, but so far, I think either will quarter and flush well as they mature more. Lots of focus for pups so young and readily controlled on verbal commands when I need them back at heel.

Haha I had no idea the owner was on this web site! Thanks for the info. I appreciate it! You have some great looking dogs!

Zach

Re: Iron Spike's Slick Black Ice [Re: Waabiishkiizii] #3562115 09/11/12 09:19 PM
Nathan Nelson Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
RED is going to be my dog, just have to work out the details smile

Re: Iron Spike's Slick Black Ice [Re: Waabiishkiizii] #3562303 09/11/12 10:25 PM
C
Closed Traverse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

Z

Haha I had no idea the owner was on this web site! Thanks for the info. I appreciate it! You have some great looking dogs!

Zach

I looked all over when I was trying to pick a breeder that I liked... I picked iron spike... I go to pick the little chunk up in two weeks!!

Re: Iron Spike's Slick Black Ice [Re: Closed Traverse] #3562709 09/12/12 12:36 AM
C
coonie Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
keep it up IronSpikes. there is still hope in the world. nice job

Re: Iron Spike's Slick Black Ice [Re: coonie] #3563403 09/12/12 03:36 AM
IronSpikeLabs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Awwwwwwww.... SHUCKS, Y'ALL!!!!!

Re: Iron Spike's Slick Black Ice [Re: IronSpikeLabs] #3563476 09/12/12 03:55 AM
R
Roy Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
R
I might be a little late chiming in but I also have a new pup at Iron spikes. Dawn and her daughter have been great through the process and are sending us pics all the time. I fell in love with Sarge and Bomber when I went out there and Mia also, now I have a pup from that line and can't wait.His name is "Deeks" Keep up the good work Dawn

Re: Iron Spike's Slick Black Ice [Re: Roy] #3563594 09/12/12 07:31 AM
IronSpikeLabs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Roy
I might be a little late chiming in but I also have a new pup at Iron spikes. Dawn and her daughter have been great through the process and are sending us pics all the time. I fell in love with Sarge and Bomber when I went out there and Mia also, now I have a pup from that line and can't wait.His name is "Deeks" Keep up the good work Dawn

Not too late, Roy! (at least not for me, I'm grateful for all the encouragement!) Deeks (aka: "The Chill Man") is coming along great.

Re: Iron Spike's Slick Black Ice [Re: Closed Traverse] #3563596 09/12/12 07:42 AM
IronSpikeLabs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Brandon A

Z

Zach

I looked all over when I was trying to pick a breeder that I liked... I picked iron spike... I go to pick the little chunk up in two weeks!!

Zach - thanks for the compliment. Holler anytime. These folks will attest to how much I love to talk about hunting dogs! lol

Brandon - your pup is doing great and growing like a weed (they all are at this age!) Here's a link to their photo album: http://photobucket.com/Mia_Litter

Re: Iron Spike's Slick Black Ice [Re: IronSpikeLabs] #3564618 09/12/12 06:15 PM
IronSpikeLabs Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Hey folks, now might be a good time to mention that we have one black female left in Rusty's litter. She will be 7 weeks old next Tuesday and ready to go. British/Irish champion bloodlines. PEDIGREE includes greats like Remus, Bracken, Hardy and Drakeshead dogs.

Re: Iron Spike's Slick Black Ice [Re: IronSpikeLabs] #3573056 09/15/12 10:30 AM
D
Don Dial Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
I wholeheartedly agree...I believe them to be more than reputable
and forthright..and that they produce excellent Lab hunting dogs.
This day and time with so many raising dogs, that well may be saying something..Don

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide