Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics538,279
Posts9,735,213
Members87,078
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Still learning but - This years reslults look very promising! (pic) #3523509 08/29/12 01:49 PM
Jeff Williams Outdoors Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
At Nutra Deer we constantly get asked... "If you feed PRO ANTLER deer feed from a free choice gravity feeder on a year around basis what kind of results can you get?" Customers also asked for proof of field testing. Well, here it is, a photo with dates that help prove supplemental feeding PRO ANTLER deer feed can aid in the development of a Whitetail deer's antlers during the Spring and Summer growing season.

From our local experience we are going to classify this deer as a
3.5 year old 4x4. This deer lives his life as a free range animal and we have monitored him at one of our properties since October 2011. This deer has been attending the 600 Boss Buck feeder and eating PRO ANTLER 20% Open Range deer feed since that time in October. The deer lives in a part of Oklahoma that isn't known for producing trophy deer. Locally, a very high deer density which translates to over browsing the most nutritious plants is quite common. The native plant selection in this area grow in semi infertile soil conditions. Historically this factor can produce sub standard levels of protein in deer browse. The high deer density and low nutritional factors combined, can keep deer from reaching their full genetic potential.

As the antler growing season comes to an end for us in 2012 this buck (that is still growing his velvet antlers) is boasting a well above average body weight and he proudly sports massive increases in antler score. I would like to add, 2012 has brought severe drought conditions to Oklahoma. The drought factor has taken a huge toll on this bucks already limited selection of quality native browse. The growing conditions in this bucks home range were well below average due to the drought. Further proof that "a free choice supplemental feeding program can take the peaks and valleys out of what mother nature throws at deer." *I quoted this from a very well known member here. His solid advice really helped me when I first stared building the Nutra Deer brand. He has never asked for anything in return. So as you read this, I offer my humble "Thanks" again. I am still learning about nutrition and trying to do it right....

Help unlock your deer's full genetic potential with products from www.NutraDeer.com

Jeff Williams Outdoors
www.Bowhunter1.com
Re: Still learning but - This years reslults look very promising! (pic) [Re: Jeff Williams Outdoors] #3526541 08/30/12 03:18 AM
N
Nutrarat Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
N
Sweet

Re: Still learning but - This years reslults look very promising! (pic) [Re: Nutrarat] #3527123 08/30/12 12:45 PM
S
SouthWestIron Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Definitely looks like that same deer has put on some more mass for sure!

Re: Still learning but - This years reslults look very promising! (pic) [Re: SouthWestIron] #3528514 08/30/12 07:39 PM
C
caldwelldeerhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
looks good. My question is how much would it have grown on just natural vegatation? It was going to get bigger eather way but how much bigger with the Natru deer?

And hey im not knocking your stuff at all I just want to know?
Thanks

If I put my wife in a high fence will her rack get bigger?
[Linked Image]
Re: Still learning but - This years reslults look very promising! (pic) [Re: caldwelldeerhunter] #3528763 08/30/12 08:38 PM
S
SapperTitan Offline
Taking Requests
Taking Requests
S
Nice improvement

Re: Still learning but - This years reslults look very promising! (pic) [Re: SapperTitan] #3528891 08/30/12 09:14 PM
J
joe3616 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
nice

Re: Still learning but - This years reslults look very promising! (pic) [Re: joe3616] #3529266 08/30/12 11:32 PM
C
CamFro Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Thats Incredible

Broad Shot Productions
The Original "SD12"
Re: Still learning but - This years reslults look very promising! (pic) [Re: CamFro] #3529280 08/30/12 11:35 PM
J
jshouse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
very impressive

Originally Posted By: cameron00
If I send my neighbors a text and ask them to give me feedback on my lawn and plant rye into a giant dong pattern, I'm probably going to get some less than positive feedback. Same goes here.
Re: Still learning but - This years reslults look very promising! (pic) [Re: Nutrarat] #3529283 08/30/12 11:36 PM
C
chital_shikari Offline
Minor in training
Minor in training
C
Originally Posted By: Nutrarat
Sweet

Re: Still learning but - This years reslults look very promising! (pic) [Re: caldwelldeerhunter] #3529338 08/30/12 11:49 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: caldwelldeerhunter
looks good. My question is how much would it have grown on just natural vegatation? It was going to get bigger eather way but how much bigger with the Natru deer?

Thanks

Nice buck. Im not knocking his stuff either to each their own, but with regular protein or native vegatation(when available) you would have similar results. Nice buck either way.

Re: Still learning but - This years reslults look very promising! (pic) [Re: BOONER] #3529367 08/31/12 12:00 AM
R
redseal Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: BOONERDREAMING

Thanks

Nice buck. Im not knocking his stuff either to each their own, but with regular protein or native vegatation(when available) you would have similar results. Nice buck either way.

Thats the thing you can never really tell cause even if you took twins put them on seperate places and fed them seperate diets whose to say one didn't get injured or something weird happened.

Re: Still learning but - This years reslults look very promising! (pic) [Re: redseal] #3529400 08/31/12 12:09 AM
R
redraider99 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
I am not knocking his stuff either but doesn't the deer in the latest pic still have his velvet on his antlers? Wouldn't that make them look thicker? I am all for protein feeders.

Re: Still learning but - This years reslults look very promising! (pic) [Re: redraider99] #3529549 08/31/12 05:12 AM
J
jcarlson91 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
looks good

Re: Still learning but - This years reslults look very promising! (pic) [Re: caldwelldeerhunter] #3530023 08/31/12 02:04 PM
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker

Thanks

Personally, I dont think the deer would have done quite this well with just native browse, especially with the drought we have endured. No doubt there would have been some annual improvement and the genetics are there .....but, in this part of the state we just don't see 1 year gains like this in open range deer that only have access to browse.

Can't say for sure about other brands of protein. I am sure there are some great feeds out there that really benefit deer. We just try to showcase ours and show customers what they are requesting to see. Our customers have been requesting photos with dates that show improvements to open range Whitetail deer from year to year. We are trying our best to get these photos and document the growth.

Jeff Williams Outdoors
www.Bowhunter1.com
Re: Still learning but - This years reslults look very promising! (pic) [Re: redraider99] #3530032 08/31/12 02:09 PM
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
Originally Posted By: redraider99
I am not knocking his stuff either but doesn't the deer in the latest pic still have his velvet on his antlers? Wouldn't that make them look thicker? I am all for protein feeders.

Yes he does have velvet and that will increase the overall look to the antler. I am sure everyone was aware of that and I even spoke about it in the description of the photo. I was making a comparison on a recent photo. I hope yo have a photo of the deer in hard antler as well. You just never know with open range deer.... He might be gone tomorrow!

Jeff Williams Outdoors
www.Bowhunter1.com
Re: Still learning but - This years reslults look very promising! (pic) [Re: Jeff Williams Outdoors] #3530088 08/31/12 02:27 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Outdoor BrandZ
Originally Posted By: redraider99

Yes he does have velvet and that will increase the overall look to the antler. I am sure everyone was aware of that and I even spoke about it in the description of the photo. I was making a comparison on a recent photo. I hope yo have a photo of the deer in hard antler as well. You just never know with open range deer.... He might be gone tomorrow!

Checked out your website. Those are some monster cats.Are yall gonna have a dealer in the Brownwood area anytime soon?

Re: Still learning but - This years reslults look very promising! (pic) [Re: BOONER] #3530677 08/31/12 04:56 PM
C
caldwelldeerhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Thanks for the answers, keep those pics coming and good luck getting anouther picture from him when the horns harden. Good luck

If I put my wife in a high fence will her rack get bigger?
[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide