Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: RICK O'SHAY] #3507409 08/24/12 05:36 PM
O
OFBHWG Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
O
Originally Posted By: RICK O'SHAY
NO DRUNKS ALLOWED !

You can drink, you can get a buzz. Much more than that you can go to bed.

Do something STUPID and you can find yourself another lease.

x2

When you need a Piano moved there is always someone around to help you with the stool!
Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: Hill Country Stalker] #3507469 08/24/12 05:50 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Holly chit...those are some serious strict leases... how tha hell would that even be fun...i want to go to the lease to get a way, kick back, have plenty of beer and a good time... not to go to a dam prison... its not to hard to be safe with common sense...people try to make it seem like it but they are usualy the ones that mess up

Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: rifleman] #3507652 08/24/12 06:54 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: rifleman
Originally Posted By: TurkeyHunter
11 - No mismatching of camo. For example, it is not permitted to wear real tree shirt and mossy oak pants. Hat brims cannot be turned around backwards. Jeans may be worn as pants with any type of camo as long as there is a matching hat. Handkerchief can be red or blue, or may be substituted with a camo one during turkey season as long as it is the same brand and type of camo. No affliction wear permitted at any time even during the off season while alone at the lease.

I'm adding that on to the bylaws.

We just voted on a new addition I added to the post above.

To be determined
Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: Hill Country Stalker] #3507711 08/24/12 07:19 PM
M
mustafa Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
popcorn

Team Barbacoa Pro Staff.
Dallas Safari Club Life Member
Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: Pittstate] #3507769 08/24/12 07:35 PM
T
Texifornia Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
#1 rule. If a gun is not in your hand then a beer should be

Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: Pittstate] #3507900 08/24/12 08:10 PM
H
HoosierDaddy3 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
H
From the posts I'm in the minority, but I like a little order at the lease. "Common sense" would tell you not to inbreed, but I live in SETx so we see how much common sense they have down here. Our lease is large, so it's hard to keep everyone on the same page without the rules....which they give you before you join. If you don't like them don't join...if you join, don't gripe about the rules you should have read before you joined. I'm particularly partial to safety and alcohol rules...the last thing anyone needs is someone hurt or worse because you don't remember what "common sense" is when you're drunk and think you're on Top Shot.

Last edited by HoosierDaddy3; 08/24/12 10:06 PM.

I'd be a vegitarian too if bacon grew on trees.
Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: HoosierDaddy3] #3508267 08/24/12 10:00 PM
B
bwk1975 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I hunted one of my dads buddies ranch for a little over 20 years. It was a little over 10,000 acres. Pretty much the only rule was no firearms in the house or bunkhouse. All firearms stayed in the truck you came down in until it was time to hunt and went back in the truck when you were done hunting (they could stay in one of the jeeps you were using while there).

Reading some of the rules in above posts just seem like places i would not enjoy hunting. Hunting is supposed to be fun, i don't want to feel like i'm in school or work! To each is their own though...

Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: bwk1975] #3508311 08/24/12 10:16 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: bwk1975

Reading some of the rules in above posts just seem like places i would not enjoy hunting. Hunting is supposed to be fun, i don't want to feel like i'm in school or work! To each is their own though...

This is exactly why people should read the rules first and agree to abide by them before getting on a lease and then complaining about the rules once they are on the lease.
If everyone could get along, families included, and be courteous to one another, then rules wouldn't be needed, but finding a group from different backrounds, that will agree on everything is hard to do, and it's naive to think otherwise.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: bwk1975] #3508315 08/24/12 10:16 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
11 - No mismatching of camo. For example, it is not permitted to wear real tree shirt and mossy oak pants. Hat brims cannot be turned around backwards. Jeans may be worn as pants with any type of camo as long as there is a matching hat. Handkerchief can be red or blue, or may be substituted with a camo one during turkey season as long as it is the same brand and type of camo.

I would not make it on your lease bang

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: Texifornia] #3508364 08/24/12 10:29 PM
Bearclaw Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Texifornia
#1 rule. If a gun is not in your hand then a beer should be

thats the first good rule so far

Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: Jimbo] #3508371 08/24/12 10:32 PM
B
bwk1975 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: Jimbo
Originally Posted By: bwk1975

This is exactly why people should read the rules first and agree to abide by them before getting on a lease and then complaining about the rules once they are on the lease.
If everyone could get along, families included, and be courteous to one another, then rules wouldn't be needed, but finding a group from different backrounds, that will agree on everything is hard to do, and it's naive to think otherwise.

I agree! However sometimes less is more, fun that is

Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: mustafa] #3508383 08/24/12 10:36 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Originally Posted By: mustafa
popcorn

Did you read all our rules rofl

Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: txshntr] #3508426 08/24/12 10:55 PM
T
TXHogger Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: txshntr
11 - No mismatching of camo. For example, it is not permitted to wear real tree shirt and mossy oak pants. Hat brims cannot be turned around backwards. Jeans may be worn as pants with any type of camo as long as there is a matching hat. Handkerchief can be red or blue, or may be substituted with a camo one during turkey season as long as it is the same brand and type of camo.

I would not make it on your lease bang

reminds me of the first time i went dove hunting. i showed up in a white t-shirt. still got plenty of dove but took a ribbing for it. not sure what i was thinking.

Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: TXHogger] #3508541 08/24/12 11:41 PM
M
MELackey Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
if you see it, it is legal, and it would make you happy to shoot it, then you shoot it.

Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: Pittstate] #3509670 08/25/12 07:08 AM
C
Camo Momma Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Most of our rules are for safety reasons. We all ride in and out together. If you're not in the truck when we load up, have breakfast made when we get back.

Open chambers until you get seated in your stand
Open chambers in the house

Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: Camo Momma] #3509933 08/25/12 01:30 PM
R
RonGleaves Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
No loaded guns in trailers or bunk houses! Drink responsibly or your off.

Ron Gleaves
NT Mouflon Facebook
Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: RonGleaves] #3510020 08/25/12 02:19 PM
R
redseal Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
IMO most rules are so the lease manager or land owner can kick someone off when they do something stupid... It's just there in writing so they can point back and say see this is the rule you broke and now your off.

Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: BMD] #3512988 08/26/12 03:34 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Originally Posted By: BMD
Lease Nazi's suck, if you gotta have all those bs rules find somewhere else to hunt, hunt with like minded people and use common sense. All these guys with their rules are on sort of power trip. If everyone tells the nazii to piss off and leave he can't pay for the place himself, and if he can let him.
This is why we left Kent cty. after 5 great years. The Nazi got to be way too much to deal with. The final act came when I found a 3 ft rattler under my trailer,killed it,cut off the head,yelled at my brother -"hey Chuck". As I threw the snake at him, I saw Nazi's wife in the corner of my eye,she was walking at a brisk pace towards my brother. It was like slow motion as I saw the snake hit her and wrap around her neck. Needless to say ,she screamed and freaked out. Nazi bowed up at me like I had done this on purpose. It nearly came to blows...Now it makes for a great story though.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: Erathkid] #3513021 08/26/12 03:50 PM
W
Waabiishkiizii Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
Originally Posted By: Erathkid
Lease Nazi's suck, if you gotta have all those bs rules find somewhere else to hunt, hunt with like minded people and use common sense. All these guys with their rules are on sort of power trip. If everyone tells the nazii to piss off and leave he can't pay for the place himself, and if he can let him.
This is why we left Kent cty. after 5 great years. The Nazi got to be way too much to deal with. The final act came when I found a 3 ft rattler under my trailer,killed it,cut off the head,yelled at my brother -"hey Chuck". As I threw the snake at him, I saw Nazi's wife in the corner of my eye,she was walking at a brisk pace towards my brother. It was like slow motion as I saw the snake hit her and wrap around her neck. Needless to say ,she screamed and freaked out. Nazi bowed up at me like I had done this on purpose. It nearly came to blows...Now it makes for a great story though.

Ya doing stupid stuff like that would get you kicked off of someones property!

Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: Erathkid] #3513044 08/26/12 03:57 PM
8pointdrop Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
If I have to sit down and listen to all these BS rules before I hunt, I'm making tracks, y'all can hunt without me.

Sounds like a lot of people hunt with people they don't know or can't trust, its yall's fault you need all these rules. If a situation occurs at the places I hunt, it's handled right there and everybody goes back to hunting. If someone acts like a donkey and needs to be smacked, smack him, pretty simply.

Glad 90% of my hunting is done on my own lease without all this BS.

Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: Waabiishkiizii] #3513049 08/26/12 03:59 PM
8pointdrop Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Waabiishkiizii

What no horse play either, geesh give me a break!

Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: Pittstate] #3513095 08/26/12 04:15 PM
C
CRAnderson52 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Only rule we ever have is that the guns go up before the alcohol comes out!

You can run but you can't hide...
Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: caldwelldeerhunter] #3513116 08/26/12 04:20 PM
B
BlackSnake Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
My area, my pen, my feeder with my corn, my stand.

Looking for a "your". Wait. There it is..."Your area"!

Some of us work hard to not tromp around and leave scent where we want to hunt. I like to have my area to where I can manage it the way I want, and at the same time, I respect "your" area.

Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: 8pointdrop] #3513151 08/26/12 04:26 PM
W
Waabiishkiizii Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
Originally Posted By: 8pointdrop
Originally Posted By: Waabiishkiizii

What no horse play either, geesh give me a break!

I understand "horseplay" but throwing a dead snake? You can continue to live by "my dern tootin rules durp derr!" or grow up smile

Re: Your Best Lease Rule [Re: BlackSnake] #3513168 08/26/12 04:31 PM
D
dvanbev Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
I can't beleive I put my beer down to respond to this.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide