Print Thread
Need info for an article #350633 04/23/08 01:44 AM
P
PaulB Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
P
I'm writing an article for a TX based outdoor magazine on deer camp pranks and need to hear your best one, either pulled by or on you. Nothing illegal or dangerous, just good clean humor. I read a few links on here already about this subject but want to hear a few more.

Paul

Re: Need info for an article [Re: PaulB] #350634 04/23/08 06:08 PM
H
hun73r Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
There is always the Raisinet trick when introducing a new hunter.

Wait till they are not looking and drop some raisinets on the ground and then call them over to see the deer droppings. Pick one up and smell it and then eat it and tell them it was dropped two days ago from a 10 point buck.

Re: Need info for an article [Re: PaulB] #350635 04/23/08 06:40 PM
M
M16 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
We were hunting on a trophy lease in South Texas where you could only shoot one buck.

Three hunters that hunted the same area decided to go for a little drive around noon. When they neared one hunters stand there was a little "dink" eight pointer in the right of way. The guy sitting near the door hollers give me the gun what a buck! The one sitting in the middle yells my buck, my buck, he's by my stand. The guy in the middle jumps out and shoots the little eight. When they get to the deer he can't believe his eyes as the deer is so small.

They bring the deer to camp where our "trophy hunter" is humiliated beyond belief. Someone whips out a camera and gets a trophy shot picture.

Everything settles down for a month or two until the trophy shot shows up in none other than the Texas Trophy Hunter's Magazine. The guy actually got a lawyer and threatened to sue them for publishing his picture in the magazine. That is when the policy was changed as to who they will accept pictures from. People are still laughing about that one.

Sure glad I didn't have anything to do with any of this other than as a casual observer.

Re: Need info for an article [Re: PaulB] #350636 04/24/08 10:38 AM
S
SALTSTORM Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Scott, a "friend" of mine pimped my 4x4 ride by replacing my valve stems with motion activated laser / light caps that would flash beams of blue and red lights with the movement of my tires.
He made this exchange during the day so that these lights would attract none of my attention as I rode out to my deer stand in full sun light. Starting my 4x4 and hitting the trail post sunset the lights produced a totally different effect.

My first thoughts of the blue and red flashes were that either DPS or one of Uvalde’s finest was wanting me to pull over (simple paranoia stemming from the beer I had consumed during my hunt).

As I continued to ride I notice of my the flashes of red and blue light coming from under my front wheel wells which made me think that my 4x4 was on fire so I jumped off. My 4x4 of course kept rolling, bounced over a few rocks and came to rest atop of a large Yucca plant at which time the lights had ceased flashing consequently leaving me clueless to where the source of the fire actually was.

Other than a few new scratches, my 4x4 appeared to be ok so I once again climbed on top of it and proceeded slowly back to the trail and once again what appeared to be the illumination of fire began its display from front and now even the rear wheel wells.

I stopped and the lights stopped, I started again and the lights did the same. This went on for about 100 yards until I decided to get off my 4x4 and inspect it with my flashlight but I found nothing. I was puzzled to say the least.

After another ½ mile series of starts and stops I finally located the source of the lights but only felt the true sting of this prank when I pulled into camp and witnessed a half dozen members and Scott standing in the yard in full appreciation of the light show my 4x4 was delivering.

Start Your Six-Figure Storm Claims Career Today!
www.RealityRopeAccess.com
(936) 537-6759
Re: Need info for an article [Re: PaulB] #350637 04/29/08 10:24 PM
S
SouthTexas Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
Many years ago, when I was much younger, I hunted a friends land outside of Comfort, Tx. His brother had a buddy he always brought along, who was quite the blow-hard. He knew more than anyone else, saw more than anyone else, and was the resident expert on all things.

Well, after one afternoon of pre-camp beer consumption, we headed out. (Like I said, I was younger.) Well, after sunset, our resident expert failed to come in. Everyone knew he had passed out in his blind, and I convinced everyone to leave him alone. Temps were in the 40's, and I knew he was well insulated, and had plenty of anti-freeze in his veins.

Along around 10 PM, he came back into camp madder'n hell we had left him out there. He cussed while packing his stuff, and left.

After that, we had to go in search of another expert to take his spot, but fortunately one never materialized.....

Re: Need info for an article [Re: SouthTexas] #350638 04/29/08 11:08 PM
D
DFWPI Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
How about one when I was 15. We were all about the same age, except for three guys that were 18-19. Opening weekend at the "deer camp" and next thing we knew, we were going to bed. Seemed only like a couple of hours when we were up to head to the woods. Awful dark though......Want more in PM?

Re: Need info for an article [Re: DFWPI] #350639 04/29/08 11:19 PM
HuntingTexas Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Quote:

How about one when I was 15. We were all about the same age, except for three guys that were 18-19. Opening weekend at the "deer camp" and next thing we knew, we were going to bed. Seemed only like a couple of hours when we were up to head to the woods. Awful dark though......Want more in PM?

" In God We Trust "

Re: Need info for an article [Re: DFWPI] #350640 04/29/08 11:39 PM
C
cibolo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
one prank me and my cousin did was funny to us but not to others. growing up we were aware that are dad's and uncle's were master prankers (or atleast they thought so). we witnessed some firsthand and others we have been told about ever since we were old enough to go down to the ranches and leases they have had over the years. so when me and one of my cousins thought it was time for a right of passage at the age of about 10 and 8 down on a lease we had in mexico. we decided not to go riding around the lease during the middle of the day one day,instead we decided to put are first prank into action and hoped we would make are fathers proud. as they drove off we waived with devilish little grins we began are prank. we got some good ol' skunk cent and some other tinks. we procedded to spread the product generously on the clothes of are mentors and then some clothes we thought were are fathers and uncle's but turned out to be some of the ranch owners(we found that out the hardway with a mesquite branch with are fathers at the other end). it took us about 15 minutes or so i guess to apply just the right amount to all the clothing in the hunting cabin. then we decided to go torment the wild hogs in the hog pens by the cattle pens. we were out there for probably an hour when we decided to go in and get somthing to drink. that's when we realized how bad the stuff really smelled(we had become immune to it i guess while we were dowsing socks,underwear,shirts etc. you name it)so when we walked into the house we were overcome with what smelled like a 1,000 skunks and doe's in heat had come and pissed all over the house. we opened window's and doors and tried evacuate the smell by fanning it out and using any means possible but to no avail. when we heard the old scout rumble into camp we high tailed it into the thick mesquite brush. we were close enough though to hear are fathers screaming are name's with in seconds of entering the ranch house. then we could hear are uncle telling are dad's that if he caught us first he was going to beat us like a drum. we waited them out until they finally got ready to go out for the evening hunt and when they did we came back to the camphouse. when they got back that night though they had not forgotten about it,and are arse's didn't forget about it either for a long time. they said that little prank almost got them kicked off the lease and they never let us forget it,but the funniest part of it was that when are uncle got back home his wife went to open up his bag of clothes and got really mad at him and we got both got phone calls shortly. even my dad had to crack a smile after he got off the phone though he just looked at me and said you put it on all his underwear and socks you little s#&%!!!

"Error of Opinion may be tolerated where Reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under GOD, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan
Re: Need info for an article [Re: cibolo] #350641 04/30/08 12:01 AM
C
cibolo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
i know i'm a little long winded but i got a lot more if your interested. this one me and my cousin did on the same ranch we did the above mentioned operation skunk scent on. the ranch house had about 5 or 6 160+ shoulder mounts and one huge one with double drops on it. we once again were allowed to stay back at the camp with my little brother,but they made sure they took all the cover scents with them this time. well after an hour or so of cow patty fights we got bored. i found the movie camera charging inside and came up with a brilliant idea. we carefully took down a couple of the bigger deer heads from the wall and headed out to a long sendero cut back behind the ranch house. i had my little brother operate the video camera (remember those big one's that looked like somthing a tv reporter use's) and me and my cousin each took a shoulder mount and went on each side of the sendero and walked up about 50 yards or so. we then proceded to mimik a deer sticking his head out of the brush and moving it side to side. we filmed for about 5 minutes or so and then headed back to camp to watch are footage. it worked out perfect because the detail of those early camera's showed just enough detail that you could tell they were monster bucks and you couldn't see me or my cousin since the brush kept us concealed just right. we then waited patiently for are dad's and uncle's to show back up from the mid day hunt. when they did we had are little prank all planned out. we came running out and acted like we had just seen the biggest bucks we had ever seen and that cha cha the pet doe must of lured em' in. the looked at us and just laughed ,until we told em' we got em' on video. with this came in to watch it through the camera. they looked at us with that look of bs,but being the hardcore hunters that they were, i know they were telling themselves what if this is real,but they wouldn't admit to the curiousity. that is except for are uncle who the next morning promptly set up at that same sendero (were by the way we never saw more than the occasional hog or coyote) with his buddy bucket and rattln' horns hoping he would get a shot at those monster bucks his nephews had filmed the day before. amazignly me ,my brother ,and my cousin kept are stories straight the whole weekend. my brother broke are silence when we got through the checkpoint north of laredo. he was quite proud of himself for thinking he fooled are father(As was i). he was giggling so hard he could barely get out the words. when we got home my dad called my uncle who had also been told the truth by his son. but neither one of em' wanted to call the uncle who had set out there on that sendero in search of those two monsters. he was still getting over the whole skunk scent thing. and not to mention after that point and even to this day are dad's carefully inspect any footage we may show them of deer were trying to get them to hunt.

"Error of Opinion may be tolerated where Reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under GOD, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan
Re: Need info for an article [Re: cibolo] #350642 04/30/08 12:51 AM
P
PaulB Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
P
Thanks for the replies. I sent a few PM's on a couple I'd like some more details on.

Re: Need info for an article [Re: PaulB] #350643 05/02/08 12:24 AM
C
Chuckybrown Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
This past year, some fishing line was tied to a black rubber tie down strap. The strap was laid down by the water faucet, and the fishing line was strung up a pole and over the joist holding up the leading edge of the cooking area. When someone came into camp and went to wash his hands, someone who was holding onto the line would give it a yank and that rubber strap jumped like a snake. Man, made me jump like shi* when they did it to me, so of course I hung out waiting for the next victims. I think we got five or six guys that night. Pretty funny stuff!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide