Page 8 of 28 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 27 28
Re: I just don't get it. [Re: Nightbird] #3448291 08/06/12 09:36 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Nightbird
[quote=BOBO the Clown]
Quote:
. But it is not about whether they want to buy a cow or not.. People have a right to hunt and if they want to eat venison then they have a right to hunt it, shoot it, and eat it.

Hunting is not a right.. its a privilege with guidelines that shouldn't be abused.

[/quote/]

Yes, and just because someone wants to harvest some venison does not mean they shouldn't be able too either

Tell that to the bear hunters of nj and lion hunters of California.

If its legal its legal. I have no problems with people taking deer. I do find it funny if a small land owner takes more deer then what they have the capacity for and get mad when another land owner improves their fence. Although for the sake of agruement most tall fences are to impede deer moving in rather then out.

I also find it even more entertaining that people can complain and be so degrading about the height of a fence of a property they would never be allowed to step foot on. I guess these same people want Texas to be one big HOA.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: I just don't get it. [Re: txtrophy85] #3448294 08/06/12 09:37 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Originally Posted By: txshntr

I agree with that 100%
Quote:

high fence guys never attack low fence people. its always the other way around.

High Fence guys always attack LF people...they don't manage, they are meat hunters, they chase em with .22 and spotlights, they don't know how to hunt, they were shooting all our deer, .

lets be honest here......who knows of a place where this is the case. I know of several. my inlaws place reeks of it.

Show of hand????

I was being honest...HF folks attack LF hunters too grin

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: I just don't get it. [Re: txshntr] #3448296 08/06/12 09:37 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85

nope. we are not large wealthy landowners. I respect all folks who hunt ethically, try their hardest to benefit their whitetail herd and wildlife in general. I respect stewards of the land. Not people who take and don't give back

So you don't respect people that hunt 100 acres because they don't have the capacity or the land to "give back" stir

no. I know people who own 50 acres and are great land stewards. tract size has nothing to do with it.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: I just don't get it. [Re: rifleman] #3448298 08/06/12 09:37 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: rifleman
up prolly need to find someone a WT too.

I will check all the wooded places out when I get there for WT. Since the Mule Deer are in the open country. I can scout both while I am there.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: I just don't get it. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #3448314 08/06/12 09:41 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Although for the sake of agruement most tall fences are to impede deer moving in rather then out.

That statement does not seem true from most the statements on here. Bad neighbors, poor hunters, etc seems to be the cause of many.

And for the sake of argument, I would say more were built for both rather than one or the other

Re: I just don't get it. [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #3448327 08/06/12 09:43 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
tt85 your posts literally drip with condescension.

Let me guess:your family consists of wealthy large landowners?

Rich or poor is not the issue. Stereotyping and thinking those not in your camp are not worthy of repsect is the issue.

Pot meet kettle. Stereotyping....lol like you done on this whole thread about those that have or hunt a property with a taller fence...lol

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: I just don't get it. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #3448332 08/06/12 09:44 PM
N
Nightbird Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
N
[quote=BOBO the Clown]
Quote:
. But it is not about whether they want to buy a cow or not.. People have a right to hunt and if they want to eat venison then they have a right to hunt it, shoot it, and eat it.

Hunting is not a right.. its a privilege with guidelines that shouldn't be abused.

[/quote/]

Yes, and just because someone wants to harvest some venison does not mean they shouldn't be able too either

If its legal its legal. I have no problems with people taking deer. I do find it funny if a small land owner takes more deer then what they have the capacity for and get mad when another land owner improves their fence. Although for the sake of agruement most tall fences are to impede deer moving in rather then out.

I also find it even more entertaining that people can complain and be so degrading about the height of a fence of a property they would never be allowed to step foot on. I guess these same people want Texas to be one big HOA.

And I am with you 100% on that BoBo

James

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
Friedrich Nietzsche
Re: I just don't get it. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #3448353 08/06/12 09:48 PM
C
cuzican Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
Does not matter what side of the high/low fence you sit on, i guess hunters will always find something to complain about.

Big ranch vs. small acreage
high fence vs. low fence
Gun vs. bow
compound vs. crossbow
feeders vs. non baiting
nice buck vs. "id give him 1 more year"

Just hunt what ya got. Obey the laws, use common sense, leave the land better than you found it and enjoy the right/privilege to hunt! When you introduce a kid to the outdoors do you cover these topics with them? NO, because that's not the reason any of us get out there and do whatever it is we choose to do.

I'm thankful for the things i have and all the things i don't
Re: I just don't get it. [Re: txshntr] #3448361 08/06/12 09:50 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

Although for the sake of agruement most tall fences are to impede deer moving in rather then out.

That statement does not seem true from most the statements on here. Bad neighbors, poor hunters, etc seems to be the cause of many.

And for the sake of argument, I would say more were built for both rather than one or the other

There are several reason why fences get taller... But less are because of the actions of smaller neighbor then those whom want the best chance of fully managing their land...wether it be managing deer, exotics, farm crops, cows, goats or horses.....or people..

Re: I just don't get it. [Re: stxranchman] #3448366 08/06/12 09:51 PM
P
Pooba Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
Well well well......Everybody all up in arms over this low fence high fence. 10, 50, 100, 1000, 10000 acres.
I own land where there is all. Small areas to large and what I have noticed and holds true is. If you shoot everything that moves well guess what. The animals will leave and go where they feel more secure leaving the blasters to their own deal.

Its funny I hunt a little over 500 acres and am up against a 1000 acre place (all low fence). When the 1000 acre place lease hunters show up, it sounds like a war zone over there. I have watched and noted that our place takes on many more animals just not deer. So they just move out of the area.

I personally don't be leave in high fence, but if you bought the land and are paying the taxes. Then you have the right to do as you wish and ignore the rest. The state of Texas gives you a lic with 5 WT on it. That is how many you can shoot and nobody no matter how much they complain can change that.

It is your land do what you want. Low Fence High Fence what ever you want or can afford. If it high fenced well it is a mute issue the animals cant go anywhere. If it is a low fence well let them shoot till their barrels melt. It will only drive wild life away from the shooting and you have a 1 in 4 chance they will head your way.

It all boils down to common sense. Something that seems to be lacking in this country anymore.

Re: I just don't get it. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #3448368 08/06/12 09:52 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
It's to keep an investment in & ppl out...same reason ppl built fences for cattle.

Re: I just don't get it. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #3448373 08/06/12 09:53 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
tt85 your posts literally drip with condescension.

Let me guess:your family consists of wealthy large landowners?

Rich or poor is not the issue. Stereotyping and thinking those not in your camp are not worthy of repsect is the issue.

Pot meet kettle. Stereotyping....lol like you done on this whole thread about those that have or hunt a property with a taller fence...lol

Guilty I guess. I would just say it is calling a spade a spade though,not stereotyping.

Legal or not,when the HF goes up the hunting ends IMO. Shooting animals that nature didn't put there and/or can't go where they please isn't hunting in my book. And I'll never change my mind on that point. IMO deep down inside the HFers know it is true too-they just can't bring themselves to face it.

The emporer has no clothes.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: I just don't get it. [Re: Nightbird] #3448378 08/06/12 09:54 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
[quote=BOBO the Clown]
Quote:

[/quote/]

And I am with you 100% on that BoBo

I hunt hf very very rarely... But I'm more of an advocate for hf due to my passion for owner ship rights wether it be raw land or your house.

Re: I just don't get it. [Re: cuzican] #3448383 08/06/12 09:54 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Well put except one part high lighted in red. Hunt what you got! To many people abuse what they have! Unfortunately common sense is not a consideration with them.

Originally Posted By: cuzican
Does not matter what side of the high/low fence you sit on, i guess hunters will always find something to complain about.

Big ranch vs. small acreage
high fence vs. low fence
Gun vs. bow
compound vs. crossbow
feeders vs. non baiting
nice buck vs. "id give him 1 more year"

Just hunt what ya got. Obey the laws, use common sense, leave the land better than you found it and enjoy the right/privilege to hunt! When you introduce a kid to the outdoors do you cover these topics with them? NO, because that's not the reason any of us get out there and do whatever it is we choose to do.

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: I just don't get it. [Re: rifleman] #3448389 08/06/12 09:56 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
It's to keep an investment in & ppl out...same reason ppl built fences for cattle.

That is why I keep all the brush sprayed on my place so I can run cattle on improved pastures. I just want to maximize grazing and then shoot a few deer when season starts.

Re: I just don't get it. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #3448395 08/06/12 09:57 PM
N
newulmboy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
N
Wow, I can't believe I just read 8 pages of people arguing about HF vs LF.

Re: I just don't get it. [Re: stxranchman] #3448399 08/06/12 09:58 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Need to spray some hogs too grin

Re: I just don't get it. [Re: rifleman] #3448419 08/06/12 10:00 PM
K
KG68 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K

And grasshoppers. grin

Re: I just don't get it. [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #3448420 08/06/12 10:00 PM
L
LandPirate Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
The bottom line is that the need for fences came about because certain people lack respect. They lack respect for their neighbors, the wildlife resource, or any number of other things. If the mutual respect were there, there wouldn't be the need for high fences or fences at all.

If my neighbor would take a reasonable number of deer each year it wouldn't be an issue. But he marches unknown numbers of day hunters through his place, allowing them to kill as much as they can carry. Consequently, he is over harvesting which effects our place.

Where do your rights end and mine begin?

Instead of HF I would propose that if you are going to operate a day lease then you have to obtain a special license and adhere to a TPWD approved management plan that limits the overall numbers harvested in a given year. Once that total is met, your done.

Mike
Buda, Tx
Hunt near Freer
Re: I just don't get it. [Re: rifleman] #3448422 08/06/12 10:01 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S

Different place. Where the hogs are their going to get trapped and lead poisoned in about a month when I get moved out there. Neighbors creek is dry so they are moving to water troughs that are overflowing. Best hunting is in the heat of the day.

Re: I just don't get it. [Re: jmc82] #3448424 08/06/12 10:01 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: jmc82
Originally Posted By: PSE-Xforce-AXE
Trying to get my head wrapped around something I was told....people that hunt small acreage are just taking deer from the big time ranches.

I just do not get how some people think.

Its an entitlement issue. If you lease 100 acres next to my 10,000 acres, you should only be entitled to 1% of the deer.

1% of who's deer? They aren't your deer.

Entitlement is an interesting concept.....

If I pay 5x as much in taxes as you I should get to have access to driving on 5x as much of the roads as you do? Or my kid should have a teacher spend 5x as much time with them at school as your kid? Or I should get 5x as much in social security benefits? Or I should have 5x better protection and response from police, fireman, etc? Or better yet, I should get to use 5x as much of the natural resources as you....kill 5x as many deer and my limits of fish that I catch should be 5x as much as yours.

You aren't entitled to 99% of those deer regardless of how much land you lease or own. Saying you have the right to 99% of those deer makes about as much sense as saying I have more right to catch fish in a lake because I have a bigger boat than you.

Re: I just don't get it. [Re: newulmboy] #3448426 08/06/12 10:02 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: newulmboy

No, no...go back and read it again. It isn't about HF vs LF grin

Re: I just don't get it. [Re: LandPirate] #3448428 08/06/12 10:02 PM
N
newulmboy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
N
Originally Posted By: LandPirate
The bottom line is that the need for fences came about because certain people lack respect. They lack respect for their neighbors, the wildlife resource, or any number of other things. If the mutual respect were there, there wouldn't be the need for high fences or fences at all.

If my neighbor would take a reasonable number of deer each year it wouldn't be an issue. But he marches unknown numbers of day hunters through his place, allowing them to kill as much as they can carry. Consequently, he is over harvesting which effects our place.

Where do your rights end and mine begin?

Instead of HF I would propose that if you are going to operate a day lease then you have to obtain a special license and adhere to a TPWD approved management plan that limits the overall numbers harvested in a given year. Once that total is met, your done.

X2

Re: I just don't get it. [Re: stxranchman] #3448429 08/06/12 10:02 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
I bet it will be a nonstop problem that takes more than a monthwhistle

Re: I just don't get it. [Re: txshntr] #3448432 08/06/12 10:03 PM
N
newulmboy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
N
Originally Posted By: newulmboy

No, no...go back and read it again. It isn't about HF vs LF grin

LOLOLOLOL.

Page 8 of 28 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 27 28
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide