Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: OpticsPlanet - Never again! [Re: longhorn_cop] #3435238 08/02/12 05:13 AM
J
jlatx Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
I'm glad I read this.I'm about to make a purchase with SWFA.

Never say never!
Re: OpticsPlanet - Never again! [Re: jlatx] #3435316 08/02/12 06:41 AM
Brandon972 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Thats some awesome customer service right there Skylar ! up

Re: OpticsPlanet - Never again! [Re: Brandon972] #3437197 08/02/12 09:39 PM
S
Skylar Mac Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Brandon972

Thats some awesome customer service right there Skylar ! up

Thank you Brandon, and everyone else, I greatly appreciate ya'lls support.

Re: OpticsPlanet - Never again! [Re: Skylar Mac] #3438413 08/03/12 02:50 AM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
I bought my first scope with swfa a few months ago. They transaction started out rough but turned positive after emailing there cs dept. I will try them again bit am still a but leary

Last edited by Cleric; 08/03/12 02:51 AM.
Re: OpticsPlanet - Never again! [Re: Cleric] #3438551 08/03/12 03:17 AM
Brandon972 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Cleric
I bought my first scope with swfa a few months ago. They transaction started out rough but turned positive after emailing there cs dept. I will try them again bit am still a but leary

Bet $1 skylar can get you fixed up and will change those leery feelings. Never dealt with him personally but everyone else at SWFA have always bent over backwards to earn my business.

Re: OpticsPlanet - Never again! [Re: Brandon972] #3438646 08/03/12 03:36 AM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Brandon972
Originally Posted By: Cleric

Bet $1 skylar can get you fixed up and will change those leery feelings. Never dealt with him personally but everyone else at SWFA have always bent over backwards to earn my business.

Swfa has already came through and fixed the situation. I will give swfa another opportunity inthefuture. After then I will make a decision about future purchases.

Re: OpticsPlanet - Never again! [Re: longhorn_cop] #3474082 08/14/12 05:04 PM
H
huntandfish Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Thanks Sklar for the info, I will be calling you on my next Purchase...in a few minutes!! Thanks for smooth transaction, can't wait to get my new scope in!

Re: OpticsPlanet - Never again! [Re: huntandfish] #3474192 08/14/12 05:47 PM
S
Skylar Mac Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: huntandfish
Thanks Skylar for the info, I will be calling you on my next Purchase...in a few minutes!! Thanks for smooth transaction, can't wait to get my new scope in!

Thank you for the phone call, great talkign with you on the phone.

Re: OpticsPlanet - Never again! [Re: Skylar Mac] #3475296 08/14/12 11:07 PM
MikeC Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I'm certainly not knocking Skylar but years ago I ordered a Nikon scope from SWFA. After I got it and looked it over I decided that I would rather have something a little different so I called and spoke to a lady and told her I wanted to exchange it for another scope that was actually higher priced. She gave me the price difference and I gave her my credit card number and proceeded to wrap the scope back up in it's original packaging and box and sent it back.
A week or 10 days later I still hadn't received the other scope so I called again and was told that the exchange couldn't be made because there were ring marks on the scope that I sent back.
I explained that I opened and re-boxed the scope in my office at work so if it had ring marks they were on it when I got it and she finally agreed to send me the scope that I had paid for.
I received it in a few days and was happy with it.
The next month when my credit card statement came in there was a charge on it that was above an beyond the difference in price that we had discussed so again I called to find out what was going on and was informed that there was a re-stocking fee on the returned scope that I had never been informed of. I didn't think that was appropriate since I had bought a more expensive scope but I really didn't argue the fact. I wrote it off as a lesson leaned but I haven't ordered anything since.

www.connerknives.net

In every old body lives a young person wondering what the hell happened!

[Linked Image]
Re: OpticsPlanet - Never again! [Re: MikeC] #3477517 08/15/12 04:44 PM
S
Skylar Mac Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: MikeC
I'm certainly not knocking Skylar but years ago I ordered a Nikon scope from SWFA. After I got it and looked it over I decided that I would rather have something a little different so I called and spoke to a lady and told her I wanted to exchange it for another scope that was actually higher priced. She gave me the price difference and I gave her my credit card number and proceeded to wrap the scope back up in it's original packaging and box and sent it back.
A week or 10 days later I still hadn't received the other scope so I called again and was told that the exchange couldn't be made because there were ring marks on the scope that I sent back.
I explained that I opened and re-boxed the scope in my office at work so if it had ring marks they were on it when I got it and she finally agreed to send me the scope that I had paid for.
The next month when my credit card statement came in there was a charge on it that was above an beyond the difference in price that we had discussed so again I called to find out what was going on and was informed that there was a re-stocking fee on the returned scope that I had never been informed of. I didn't think that was appropriate since I had bought a more expensive scope but I really didn't argue the fact. I wrote it off as a lesson leaned but I haven't ordered anything since.

Mike, while I am not sure who you spoke with in the past, I cannot comment on how you were treated.

However, I am very active on here and make every diligent effort to help all I can.

I'd be more than happy to assist you with anything you need, please feel free to contact me directly or pm me.

Re: OpticsPlanet - Never again! [Re: Skylar Mac] #3477586 08/15/12 05:05 PM
MikeC Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Skylar@SWFA

Mike, while I am not sure who you spoke with in the past, I cannot comment on how you were treated.

However, I am very active on here and make every diligent effort to help all I can.

I'd be more than happy to assist you with anything you need, please feel free to contact me directly or pm me.

No worries, that was years ago so no hard feelings. I do appreciate your offer and will contact you the next time I need optics. Everyone deserves a second chance. up

www.connerknives.net

In every old body lives a young person wondering what the hell happened!

[Linked Image]
Re: OpticsPlanet - Never again! [Re: MikeC] #3477691 08/15/12 05:31 PM
S
Skylar Mac Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Skylar@SWFA

No worries, that was years ago so no hard feelings. I do appreciate your offer and will contact you the next time I need optics. Everyone deserves a second chance. up

Thank you for your candor Mike. Let me know.

Re: OpticsPlanet - Never again! [Re: Skylar Mac] #3482502 08/16/12 11:15 PM
F
Friction Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
F
Thank you Skylar for the outstanding customer service! I saved a lot of money in taxes and shipping, SWFA will be my first option for future purchases!

Re: OpticsPlanet - Never again! [Re: Friction] #3482661 08/17/12 12:18 AM
S
Stat Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
I just today ordered a scope and rings from Skylar. Picking the scope was the easy part, the more complicated part was getting the correct rings for the new scope given the base I already have. Skylar was very patient with me, and even took the effort to grab the candidate ring and measure the height himself so we knew exactly what the height was (not just relying on specs on a paper—he measured the rings while I was on the phone). Great customer service; and at a great price. I look forward to installing the new scope!

Re: OpticsPlanet - Never again! [Re: Friction] #3484102 08/17/12 02:31 PM
S
Skylar Mac Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Trek
Thank you Skylar for the outstanding customer service! I saved a lot of money in taxes and shipping, SWFA will be my first option for future purchases!

You are very welcome. I'm glad that I could help.

Originally Posted By: Stat
I just today ordered a scope and rings from Skylar. Picking the scope was the easy part, the more complicated part was getting the correct rings for the new scope given the base I already have. Skylar was very patient with me, and even took the effort to grab the candidate ring and measure the height himself so we knew exactly what the height was (not just relying on specs on a paper—he measured the rings while I was on the phone). Great customer service; and at a great price. I look forward to installing the new scope!

Anytime. Let us know how everything looks.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide