Forums46
Topics538,397
Posts9,736,676
Members87,089
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: ZombieGun] #3197707 05/01/12 11:55 PM
J
jskin Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: ZombieGun
So 1-11 year olds will be scared of me or my truck and as a result will piss off their dads but only if they live in the house next door to mine, the 12-19 year olds are my target audience but are too poor to buy anything from me(and too young in some cases), 18-24 year olds are very loud, like to give high fives and will buy my stuff but very little of it because they don't have much coin like the self respecting men do, and 25 and up are just not interested in Zombie stuff and will keep walking. Did I miss anything? I could just change it to Sheeple gun and supply and put a nice cuddly sheep on the side of the truck, you know to comfort the neighbor's kids and to blend in of coarse. When it comes to business you never want to stand out or be noticed that is marketing 101.

That about sums it up! You asked for it...you got it!

"While we are postponing, life speeds by"

Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: jskin] #3197727 05/02/12 12:05 AM
Z
ZombieGun Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
Z
I was really interested in opinions on the quality of the design, layout, graphics, whether its readable or not but that's ok. My bad for not being specific. Thanks for all the feed back though.

Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: ZombieGun] #3197736 05/02/12 12:10 AM
T
txd33rhunt3r Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Ill be careful here on classifying the "old" men but my dad who is 55 likes the zombie ammo just for the novelty of having the box and he thinks the green tip is cool. He has bought some for a few pistols and rifles. It seems to all boil down to individual taste.

Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: Chief Joe] #3197812 05/02/12 12:58 AM
Brandon972 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I'm at a loss for words

Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: ZombieGun] #3197828 05/02/12 01:03 AM
T
TMonjure Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Looks good!!

Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: TMonjure] #3197843 05/02/12 01:10 AM
A
A.B. Offline
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
I'm old and don't get the zombie thing, but then again some take offense to my century club sticker on my truck. confused2

Talent is a gift, character is a decision.
Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: ZombieGun] #3200002 05/03/12 01:23 AM
C
creflo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
It's an attention getter for sure, which is the purpose of advertising. Looks cool

Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: ZombieGun] #3200122 05/03/12 02:09 AM
cwctx Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I heard Zombies are hard to kill with just a truck. Is there a shotgun side-mount? or maybe a couple of MP-5's mounted on the hood.

Dude, the paint is cool and all, but it won't scare Zombies, you are gonna need more firepower for Zombies.

smile

Veteran - NRA Life Member
I am a legal gun owner. I will not be shamed, bullied, taxed, regulated, or legislated into disarming.
Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: ZombieGun] #3200144 05/03/12 02:17 AM
cwctx Offline
Tracker
Tracker
On the Zombie Ammo....Most of it is proven, quality ammo in a new look and package. Obviously the marketing research is strong as Hornady sunk millions into the developement and repackaging alone.

I bought some of the 12 gauge and some of the 308. Both worked as expected and look cool on the garage shelf.

Veteran - NRA Life Member
I am a legal gun owner. I will not be shamed, bullied, taxed, regulated, or legislated into disarming.
Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: creflo] #3200152 05/03/12 02:20 AM
C
crazyal Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
I'm 30 and not sure if anyone here will consider that old or not. I work with guys with in 10 years of my age most older and a few younger but only a few years younger. Most of us are veterans as well. None of us get the zombie thing. As far as the zombie ammo if Academy was out of 223 vmax and only had zmax I guess I would buy it if I had to have something. To get to your bold advertising statement of a truck I agree with the statements I have seen prior to mine in that I don't need my kids seeing it, yes I know there is plenty other stuff in the world I could do without them seeing also but hey you asked for opinions on this one thing. Will your store name or advertisement draw me or a few of my buddies in? I guess if you were the only game in town yeah but if not I would probably keep cruising especially if I had any of my 3 boys with me. Out of the several guys that I can think of that are into guns and such I can only think of one mid 20s, immature, plays too much video games, lives with mommy, into tacticool and not practical gun stuff guy that is some what into the zombie thing. That is only because he has bought a bleeding zombie target. At any rate good luck on your business and I hope it works out for you. Oh and telling people that because they don't agree with your way of advertising they are sheeple probably isn't good for business if they are local to you or even if they aren't and might be passing through... Just on the off chance that they might be able to get by the name and such and give your store a shot.

Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: crazyal] #3200191 05/03/12 02:33 AM
M
mnsherick Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
I'm 27 and don't get the zombie thing either, I'm sure it will come and go just like many other things.

I run a hunting business and spend somewhere around $15-20k a year in guns/ammo/general hunting supplies, personally I could care less about anything "zombie" I won't be buying anything from a store marketing products as such either.

on the other hand,

I'm sure the zombie following (no pun intended) will line up to buy stuff from your store, but have a "plan b" for your marketing, in the end times always change and what defines a successful business owner is how he rides those waves of change.

Remember a "quick buck" earned spends just as fast.

-Matt

Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: crazyal] #3200200 05/03/12 02:38 AM
J
jskin Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: crazyal
I'm 30 and not sure if anyone here will consider that old or not. I work with guys with in 10 years of my age most older and a few younger but only a few years younger. Most of us are veterans as well. None of us get the zombie thing. As far as the zombie ammo if Academy was out of 223 vmax and only had zmax I guess I would buy it if I had to have something. To get to your bold advertising statement of a truck I agree with the statements I have seen prior to mine in that I don't need my kids seeing it, yes I know there is plenty other stuff in the world I could do without them seeing also but hey you asked for opinions on this one thing. Will your store name or advertisement draw me or a few of my buddies in? I guess if you were the only game in town yeah but if not I would probably keep cruising especially if I had any of my 3 boys with me. Out of the several guys that I can think of that are into guns and such I can only think of one mid 20s, immature, plays too much video games, lives with mommy, into tacticool and not practical gun stuff guy that is some what into the zombie thing. That is only because he has bought a bleeding zombie target. At any rate good luck on your business and I hope it works out for you. Oh and telling people that because they don't agree with your way of advertising they are sheeple probably isn't good for business if they are local to you or even if they aren't and might be passing through... Just on the off chance that they might be able to get by the name and such and give your store a shot.

Thank you!

And another Q for the OP, are you only marketing to zombie slayers? What if I want a box of hunting bullets, will I be able to stop and buy those? If you're anything like the CTD in Mckinney, they discriminate against hunters. Its all shoot em up gear!

Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: crazyal] #3200203 05/03/12 02:39 AM
Z
ZombieGun Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
Z
Originally Posted By: crazyal

Theres no bricks and mortar store so no worries on people passing by. Its online sales only with the exception of a few gun shows. Being online will help my target audience get directed toward me especially those looking for zombie related items though keyword search and metatags. Its a niche market and not intended to reach everyone, just those that are interested in the zombie theme even though there are many items that don't necessarily have a true zombie theme. I understand that not everyone is into the zombie thing and I respect that. Its kind of like McDonalds isnt for me but Whataburger is. Both have fries and hamburgers but each company is going for two totally different markets. If you take the time to read my statement you will see that I didn't call anyone sheeple, it was a suggested company name change.

Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: ZombieGun] #3200227 05/03/12 02:49 AM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
You're too late on the zombie bandwagon. Too many people selling zombie stuff so market is flooded. You might look into specializing in vampire, werewolf, or swamp thing protection. Those are the next big thing and an untapped market.

Zombies are so 2011.

Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: jeepercreeper] #3200239 05/03/12 02:58 AM
J
jskin Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
roflmao

Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: cody] #3200252 05/03/12 03:04 AM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted By: cody
You'll need a lift kit, some wheels, and big tires to complete the look.

X2. Whos gonna buy zombie stuff from a truck that cant even drive over zombie bodies. Might as well wrap a Honda Accord. Every zombie slayer knows you need a 4wd vehicle with at least 6" lift and 35" mud tires. Plus some heavy duty bumpers and winches. Geeeeeeezzzzzzz

Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: jeepercreeper] #3200258 05/03/12 03:07 AM
J
jskin Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
You're on a roll jeep! Cracking me up brother!

Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: ZombieGun] #3200288 05/03/12 03:24 AM
M
Mud Shark Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
You've convinced yourself that this is a good idea and you've bought into it 100%. This is the first and most important part of the battle. I do feel that you are cutting off the majority of the folks that would buy your products and use your services because of the name and the logos. Personally, if I saw "Zombie" anything I won't buy it. I won't even buy the Zombie bullets from Hornady, and I love Hornady products, because I think they're cheesy, but that's just me. I just think there are way more hunters out there that you would benefit from than people interested in Zombies. Marketing is key, it will make you or break you. Like I've said, hunters make up a huge portion of the population and you're in a good area. I just think you may want to take a little different approach, but that's me.

Mud Shark

Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: ZombieGun] #3200350 05/03/12 03:55 AM
T
toolman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: ZombieGun
So 1-11 year olds will be scared of me or my truck and as a result will piss off their dads but only if they live in the house next door to mine, the 12-19 year olds are my target audience but are too poor to buy anything from me(and too young in some cases), 18-24 year olds are very loud, like to give high fives and will buy my stuff but very little of it because they don't have much coin like the self respecting men do, and 25 and up are just not interested in Zombie stuff and will keep walking. Did I miss anything? I could just change it to Sheeple gun and supply and put a nice cuddly sheep on the side of the truck, you know to comfort the neighbor's kids and to blend in of coarse. When it comes to business you never want to stand out or be noticed that is marketing 101.

Hhhmmm, how about a "Twilight" theme? Not as scary to the younger crowd and just as edgy...

Old age ain't for sissies!

Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: toolman] #3200417 05/03/12 05:21 AM
Z
Zombie Hunter 3000 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
Z
Looks cool but Some one like me will shoot your truck or some teenagers will take a baseball bat to the zombies. You Better keep it in the garage at all times and never leave it in public at night.

Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: Zombie Hunter 3000] #3200420 05/03/12 05:36 AM
F
Fyrfyter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
F
The Crazier, the wilder ideas, and the more upfront advertising avenues are the best ways to reach you target audience. The Zombies can stand for intruders, undesireables, law breakers, low lifes that want to infringe on your success, or just scum that want to take what you have, that they won't come out to earn.

I think it is a cool wrap, and feel that we need to be prepared for Zombies!!! No matter if they have rotting flesh, or if they are trying to steel something out of my house. Be prepared for one, be prepared for all. Texas is a castle law state, DON"T TREAD ON ME!!!

Good Looking wrap, AND GREAT looking Toyota Pickup!!!!

Les

Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: Fyrfyter] #3200421 05/03/12 05:38 AM
F
Fyrfyter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
F
BTW, let me know where you are located.............. I have some more Zombie items I need to stock up on!!!!

Les

Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: ZombieGun] #3200422 05/03/12 05:40 AM
F
Fyrfyter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
F
Looked up ZombieGunandSupply.com

can't find it.

Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: Fyrfyter] #3200424 05/03/12 05:41 AM
G
Growin Wild Outdoors Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
I say more power to ya brother i hope it works out for you

Re: Zombie truck wrap. What do you think? [Re: Growin Wild Outdoors] #3200519 05/03/12 12:03 PM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
In all seriousness, I dont think there's anyone on this forum that wants to see you fail or lose a bunch of money. But this business plans sounds like it has too many red flags. I would suggest creating a real business plan and get feedback people that matter. Dont ask your friends and family because they will always support you. Ask a successful business owner, business professor, MBA student, potential investor. If you can show them that your business plan is sound and sustainable, then you might have something! Ask around at gunshows. Ask around on gun forums. Heck you got plenty of good feedback here.

On a side note, I showed this to a friend of mine that considers himself to be a prepper. He keeps guns, ammo, body armor, stores of food, water, fuel. He has bug out plans and a remote "safe" location. He thought the graphics looked cool, but that he would never buy from you. He said he would not be able to trust a company called "Zombie" anything. Suggested that a better business name would be "Doomsday Supply" or "Armageddon Supply" so that you're not pigeon holed into just Zombie prep.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide