Re: A hog hunting legality question [Re: 8pointdrop] #3160918 04/15/12 03:07 AM
W
wchamilton Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: 8pointdrop
You mean these boys run their own hog dogs, and never fired one shot at a deer, dove, hog, or varmint all season? Sounds fishy to me. Why haven't they had hunters Ed? My 9 year old will be taking it before this dove season.
Are u freeking serious???
So now they are supposed to be ticketed for things that they may or may not have done in the past??
I have no idea if they shot at anything but honestly tell me what in the hell has that got to do with anything?
"AH'L tell ya one thang Ethel, them boys thar smell fishy ta me...
Hel lets hang um, ain't hed us a good hangin roun heah in a coons age..

Thats the biggest crock of Bullchit I have heard in my life.
What rock do they pull you people out from under?

America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. Claire Wolfe
Re: A hog hunting legality question [Re: ChadTRG42] #3160937 04/15/12 03:13 AM
W
wchamilton Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42
Let me get this straight. They are "hunting" (whether it be by knife, gun, bow or whatever) for pigs with no "hunting" license and they have not taken a hunter ed course? And they are in the "hunting" business. Is it only me that sees a very ironic deal here!

If you are "hunting" (hunting in season, out of season, game animal or non game animal), you MUST have a hunting license. If you are in the age slot where hunter ed is required and you do not take it, you should get a ticket. That's why hunter ed is REQUIRED! You might learn something in the class!

Sorry, but it's their own fault for not understanding "hunting" rules and regs, since they are in the "hunting" business, after all.
Chad your smarter than that dang it.. slow down and go back and read what actually took place because what you wrote does not reflect the fellow that I have been reading on this site.
But then perhaps it does.. I have been wrong before.

America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. Claire Wolfe
Re: A hog hunting legality question [Re: wchamilton] #3160963 04/15/12 03:25 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
From the story that was originally posted, it does not appear that justification for the citations was warranted.

However, I don't blame the GW for writing the ticket and letting the hunters work it out in court. They were hunting, have hunting dogs, don't own the land and have no proof that they did not pay the owners to hunt there and were only there for hog eradication.

So, you think the GW is a DB because he wrote a ticket based on his observation and didn't take the word of the hunters?

Last edited by txshntr; 04/15/12 03:39 AM.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: A hog hunting legality question [Re: txshntr] #3161008 04/15/12 03:40 AM
W
wchamilton Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
W
Yes as a matter of fact I do.

Re: A hog hunting legality question [Re: wchamilton] #3161017 04/15/12 03:42 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: wchamilton
Yes as a matter of fact I do.

Yeah, because everyone is so honest and never lie to LEO's.

Re: A hog hunting legality question [Re: txshntr] #3161103 04/15/12 04:18 AM
W
wchamilton Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
W
yeah thats the attitude we need more of..
thats exactly what creates the them vs us mentality, how hard would it have been to make a phone call? its not like the GW does not know who these land owners are, of course he does.
They were boys hunting hogs, as I said they should be given a hand shake and a good job pat on the back.
Instead they get a GW/State trooper in jack boots giving them a hard time and treating them like they were criminals.
Don't know what your problem is buddy but it really don't matter so much to me.
The guy was an ahole like so many others have become.
I remember when a GW actually tried to foster good relations with people , now they act like we are the enemy more often than not.
That is a shame.
Has it really gone so far downhill that there is no more room to treat people decently, or do they really all have to act like traffic cops with a gun and a badge and an attitude.
Perhaps you missed your calling.

Re: A hog hunting legality question [Re: wchamilton] #3161127 04/15/12 04:35 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Really, you are going to call me out for questioning the fact that these "boys" received a ticket for HUNTING on two different pieces of property with no license, no hunters safety program all in the name of hog eradication? If that was truely the case, a simple trip to the court house will resolve the issue quickly.

If I get pulled over by a cop, and I don't have my proof of insurance on me, is the cop supposed to call my agent to verify I have my insurance? Or do you think that I should have had the document ready and it should be up to me to clarify the misunderstanding?

I get the impression from some of your post that you don't think that anyone hunting hogs should have a license. Problem is that just because you don't think it should be a law, makes it no less of a law.

You want to know what my problem is...It is people that think because they can justify their actions, they shouldn't have to answer for anything. Sure, these boys were killing hogs for the purpose of hog eradication...if they were really trying to kill them all off, wouldn't a gun be more efficient? Most people I know that are all fired up about hog control don't use a knife...the ones that use a knife are doing it for sport.

And from your attitude in these post, if the boys are anything like you, I am sure that they approached him with the utmost respect and understanding and didn't have the least amount of animosity toward the GW for being harrased.

Re: A hog hunting legality question [Re: txshntr] #3161258 04/15/12 06:52 AM
W
wchamilton Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
W
whatever, youve got some kind of axe to grind, grind it somewhere else. Your talking in circles trying to justify a feeling and frankly I could give a dam.

Re: A hog hunting legality question [Re: wchamilton] #3161261 04/15/12 06:55 AM
K
KC Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
K
Jeez o' Pete. It's only illegal when someone else does it, right? You sound like an old church lady that got a speeding ticket talking about the mean old policeman...

Re: A hog hunting legality question [Re: KC] #3161271 04/15/12 07:12 AM
W
wchamilton Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
W
never mind, you losers are not worth the time

Last edited by wchamilton; 04/15/12 07:13 AM. Reason: bored with dimwits

Re: A hog hunting legality question [Re: wchamilton] #3161274 04/15/12 07:19 AM
K
KC Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
K
Lol, yeah, I'm a dimwit. I'm the one running dogs on a place I don't own without a license or a hunter's safety certification. Oh no wait, that's your buddy...

I dunno, I read the manual and it seemed pretty simple. Step 1, take hunter's safety course. Step 2, buy a license. Step 3, obtain written consent from landowner.

Re: A hog hunting legality question [Re: KC] #3161472 04/15/12 01:46 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
rofl Solid argument there buddy, very solid rofl

Re: A hog hunting legality question [Re: KC] #3161490 04/15/12 01:58 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: KC
Lol, yeah, I'm a dimwit. I'm the one running dogs on a place I don't own without a license or a hunter's safety certification. Oh no wait, that's your buddy...

I dunno, I read the manual and it seemed pretty simple. Step 1, take hunter's safety course. Step 2, buy a license. Step 3, obtain written consent from landowner.

x2 Those pesky little details. Seems to me from reading all this again that we are only getting one side to this story.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: A hog hunting legality question [Re: wchamilton] #3161491 04/15/12 01:58 PM
S
swmays Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: wchamilton

Could anyone help me out on this please so I know what to tell him.
Thanks.

Tell your buddies to beg for mercy from the judge...

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide