Forums46
Topics538,898
Posts9,742,684
Members87,123
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Exotic hunts and where to list them.... [Re: clwildlife] #3082349 03/11/12 10:02 PM
H
Heart A Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
I also vote to leave it the way it was. I like several of the people on the forum cannot spend large amounts of time negotiating though pages of info.

Re: Exotic hunts and where to list them.... [Re: Heart A] #3082440 03/11/12 10:58 PM
M
Moosetamer Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M
I am new to this forum, but I to am very busy and do not have the time to look through all of the diffrent forums for Info. I am mostly Interested In the exotics section and like to see everything the members have to say and offer In one place. My vote ----leave It the way It was.

Re: Exotic hunts and where to list them.... [Re: Moosetamer] #3082931 03/12/12 02:44 AM
J
jrab Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
this is like when ford made the F250 "better" by changing the motor to the 6.0, then the 6.4 and now the 6.8.

but what evs. I'm sure no amount of complaining will change this.

Hold your gun straight, and turn your cell phone sideways... when shooting video.
Re: Exotic hunts and where to list them.... [Re: Eland Slayer] #3082965 03/12/12 02:56 AM
2010bigdog Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted By: Eland Slayer
I'm not trying to disrespect the moderators, but I wanted everyone's input on this.

Personally, I do not believe we should have to post exotic hunts ONLY in the "Outfitters & Guides" section....and I also do not believe we should have to post live animals in the classifieds section.

The classifieds sections is so ridiculously active that within 30 minutes, your post won't even be on the first page. Also, 99% of the people browsing the classifieds section have no interest whatsoever in buying live exotic animals.

I think the new rules are very counter-productive....and will just discourage people from posting exotic hunts and live animals for sale altogether.

Of course, this is simply my opinion....but I would like to hear what everyone else has to say?

I think EVERYTHING related to exotics should be posted in this section (the "Exotic Hunting" section). This is how it has been for years, and it worked just fine. Why change it now?

After reading all the comments above It appears this is the majority of the posters' beliefs. I know for sure it is my belief!

Respectfully,
BigDog

Re: Exotic hunts and where to list them.... [Re: 2010bigdog] #3083231 03/12/12 06:19 AM
A
ATracker Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
A
OK, I had to ask if I could post on this since my original post titled “I’m Confused” was deleted before I could make a final response and that my post violated forum rules by posting in the open forum about the rules. I have been informed this topic is in violation of the forum rules but it will be left open for venting and providing info going forward about the new rules.

I was not whining in my post, as stated, but only wanted to know why any post related to Exotics would be deleted if it was not related to Guides/Outfitters or available hunts. I had no problems with the way the forum was but I was confused to where all other info about Exotics would be posted. If it was not for this specific forum I would not have learned about the new USFW ruling and the wanted extermination of the three species targeted by the anti group FOA.

I do not know if this is targeted at me:

I don't understand why this rule that has supposedly been on the books for a while is just now being enforced. I'd also like to actually see all the complaints from the guides that got the ball rolling on this. From what I saw, one guy made a post about this a few days ago & then everything changed.

But, I was informed that the wheels were in motion before I questioned the rules and what spurred the change took place from the Outfitters/Guides Forum.

I have always been interested in wildlife and especially Exotics since the late seventies and I have actually raised some and spent time training Labs for retrieving. I guided, booked and ran hunts in the late eighties for big game and waterfowl but I am low on the totem pole here because I do not post much. If these forums were available in my younger days maybe I would have had more to post but with limited finances, resources and few to hunt with I do not feel I can contribute much but my old school ways and experiences. I still hunt and fish and hope I pass doing what I love best. Even with my background in Computers/Electronics and an Artist/Taxidermist times have changed but I still hold true to my ways. I’m interested in where the future times are headed and only hope I can help preserve a heritage I cherished, supported and wish to pass on to another generation.

I have noticed since the rule change there are no posts in the Outfitters/Guides forum for Exotic Hunts and only one post for Exotics for Sale in the Classified Forum. So maybe there should be a specific section for all things related to Exotics and Hunting and a separate forum for all Exotic Hunts and Sales. Seriously every forum I visit have rules with some charging if you are advertising a business so you are allowed a freebie here on THF so this is a win/win for everyone as long as all agree to play by the rules.

Sorry for the long post or rant as some will take it.

Re: Exotic hunts and where to list them.... [Re: ATracker] #3083451 03/12/12 01:43 PM
B
Black02z28 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
I would agree that the hunts for sale should go in the guide and outfitters section. That would drive more traffic to that section and get some more visiablity to those offering hunts other than exotics. It would be good for the forum as a whole.

I do however think that the classifieds moves way to fast for the guys selling live critters to get a benifit from it. What is there was a sub-section under Exotics for live sale animals?

Re: Exotic hunts and where to list them.... [Re: Black02z28] #3083473 03/12/12 01:57 PM
L
Lone Star Outdoors Offline
Tracker
Tracker
L
Leave it the way it was. Let poster's notify you when the subject is over and void and delete it....

Re: Exotic hunts and where to list them.... [Re: Lone Star Outdoors] #3083817 03/12/12 04:54 PM
S
skywat5 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Why not make a forum titled "Exotic Hunts for Sale"

Re: Exotic hunts and where to list them.... [Re: skywat5] #3083833 03/12/12 05:02 PM
E
Eland Slayer Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
E
If the mods do not want to go back to the way it was....I think it would make more sense to have a separate section for live animal sales, and another separate section for hunts.

(Actually, I think the outfitters & guides section is great and that is where the hunts should be listed....but it should be more organized than it is now. Maybe have sections for the following: Whitetail, Hogs, Exotics, Birds, Other....Just a thought)

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram
Re: Exotic hunts and where to list them.... [Re: Eland Slayer] #3083904 03/12/12 05:26 PM
Big Orn Offline
great white gorilla
great white gorilla
Bear with us. We (mods) can only do so much. Right now, you all need to learn how to use the forum the way that it was intended.

All changes come through the owner of this site, and he pays the bills, so be patient and get on with your business.

I also think there has been enough feedback from each of you - and hopefully venting a little - so that you can now carry on. Those of you who have been here awhile, you know that there have been many changes and more to come. So don't let this keep you from your passion.

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide