Print Thread
Hog Management #3061758 03/04/12 12:06 AM
T
Tikka'd Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
T
alright so I am just going to start over since my other thread had so many off topic posts on it

The reason I posted is for Wildlife Managemant. I have studied under Game Biologist such as James Kroll (Dr. Deer) and Dale Rollins. One of the most significant parts of wildlife management is predator control. most specifically for deer, turkey quail, and from a ranchers aspect livestock and crops. And one of the largest antagonists to the list before are Feral hogs. They account for a lower fawn crop due to actually feeding the crops once born, as well as affecting the ecosystem year round. A boars diet is also made up of Eggs, and vegetation. The eggs come into play when turkey and Quail are nesting. most turkey lay in nests but the Bobwhite Quail lays there eggs directly on the ground. Hogs are attributed to the dramatically lower quail populations seen in Tx today due to a rapidly increasing Feral pig populations.

Texas Parks and Wildlife's recently released study states that 50-70% of all feral pigs must be "controlled" annually just to keep the population where it is today. This current population accounts for an estimated 2 billion dollars worth of agricultural damage, and an uncountable animal population damage

my services are as follows

my Associate and I come in and evaluate the situation and take care accordingly
we do not bring guns onto the property nor do we come on to properties without permission
hogs can be taken alive or "other", but either way they will not be left on there. (this is not about selling hogs and making money, the few that we have kept we use to scent train young dogs)

this is a quick, safe, and management minded strategy.
that your property will be benefit from the management is specifically for Wild Pigs but its is a well respected management strategy for nearly everything living thing on any given property

we do not ask for pay, this is legitamant operation and not just some guy asking to come "shoot a hog" we do not use guns or bows at all. we are land and desired animal enthusiasts and just try to help out.

I will be working areas in albany and Throckmorton this coming week but i am willing to travel within reason

please PM me for your ranch or any others that could use our services
I look forward to hearing from you.

(I admit full heartedly we do enjoy this and we do have fun, but it is also about helping out on numbers. We also like to keep the dogs fresh and get them used to different scenarios)

for more information you can also call me my name is Jake 214-536-5253

LAND OWNERS AND OTHERS ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO JOIN!!!

POW CLICKA POW POW
Re: Hog Management [Re: Tikka'd] #3063665 03/05/12 01:36 AM
softzirra Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
wish there were more fellow out there like you willing and wanting to do a good thing for land owners... clap happy3

I'M NOT FAT!! ITS JUST ALL THE AWESOME SWELLING UP INSIDE ME
Re: Hog Management [Re: softzirra] #3083260 03/12/12 10:09 AM
T
Tikka'd Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
T
Bump out in throckmorton now put 800 pounds of swine Down and some penned up today

POW CLICKA POW POW
Re: Hog Management [Re: Tikka'd] #3121986 03/28/12 05:21 PM
T
Tikka'd Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
T
getting a little warmer out. almost time to call it for the summer

POW CLICKA POW POW
Previous Thread
Index