Print Thread
Outfitter for hog hunts? #3026063 02/19/12 12:59 AM
N
nate2009 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
N
Anyone know of a good outfitter for hogs hunts within 3 hr of Dallas? I have some guys coming in from out of state that want to go shoot pigs. There are a lot online, but I would feel better getting a referral. Thanks

Re: Outfitter for hog hunts? [Re: nate2009] #3026310 02/19/12 02:46 AM
J
jaredw38 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
southernpointoutfitters.com Check it out. This guy is great he is a good friend that will guarantee you pigs. Not sure about shooting but he uses dogs and you will be able to knife one which is a pure adrenaline rush. His number is on the website. He is located in Tyler,Tx.

Re: Outfitter for hog hunts? [Re: jaredw38] #3030097 02/20/12 04:19 PM
N
nate2009 Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
N
Ill check it out. Thanks

Re: Outfitter for hog hunts? [Re: nate2009] #3030473 02/20/12 06:51 PM
S
SJ Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Got a good one 2.5 hrs nw of Dallas in Seymour. 3 day hunt, meals, and lodging included. 3 hogs per day per hunter. $750 per hunter. Email me @ sjadventures@cableone.net and I will email you all the information on it.

Last edited by SJ; 02/20/12 06:53 PM.

sjadventures@cableone.net www.sportsmansjunction.com Booking Hunting Trips WorldWide
Re: Outfitter for hog hunts? [Re: SJ] #3030550 02/20/12 07:18 PM
A
AaronM58 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
Give Blake a call with All-In Texas Hunting Adventures. I hunted whitetails with him in December and he really has a great operation. Great food/accommodations & he really knows what he's doing. He will take great care of you. Plus, he's super close to the DFW area. Here's the link to his hog hunts:

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2595827/Wild_Hog_Hunts#Post2595827

Re: Outfitter for hog hunts? [Re: nate2009] #3035926 02/22/12 07:00 AM
T
Top Agent Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Hey if you are looking for referrals, we operate a Hunting and Fishing Travel Company. We have over 300 approved lodges that we book for at no extra cost to the client. I would love to be able to help you out in this. We have many clients that have hunted every outfitter we represent as well as we do inspection trips ourselves on them each year to make sure they are staying to our high standards. If you want more info please email me and we can discuss things further.

Darcy Tkach
Outdoor Connection Canada
204-807-4107
darcy@outdoorconnection.ca
www.outdoorconnection.ca
Re: Outfitter for hog hunts? [Re: Top Agent] #3038112 02/23/12 01:48 AM
P
Punkin Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
Now we have guide brokers? I really like the face-to-face nature of this forum. I don't think I'm all that into some faceless website in Canada booking hunts for me in Texas...but that's just my flavor of tea...anyone else have an opinion?

Scott
---
www.sheepdogtees.com
Apparel for Heroes, and Those Who Love Them.
www.know-love.org
Living the love of Jesus, that others may know Him.
Re: Outfitter for hog hunts? [Re: Punkin] #3038370 02/23/12 03:02 AM
T
Top Agent Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Actually we are an American Based company with 55 agents across the US and 6 currently in Canada. We have been around for over 23 years. We actually have 2 reps in Texas that have offices there.

We are no different than a Travel Agency that books trips to Mexico or Brazil or anywhere else, just that we do it for Hunting and Fishing and Outdoor Adventures. We have places that are tried and tested by our reps that run their offices. This way we can see for ourselves and make sure places are what they say they are before we decide to add them to our catalog of Approved destinations.

We are far from a faceless website especially with as many agents as we have throughout North America, which you would see on our site.

Just wanted to respond to let people know what and who we are!

Darcy Tkach
204-807-4107
www.outdoorconnection.ca
Re: Outfitter for hog hunts? [Re: Punkin] #3038683 02/23/12 04:58 AM
H
HAWKEYE911 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: Punkin
Now we have guide brokers? I really like the face-to-face nature of this forum. I don't think I'm all that into some faceless website in Canada booking hunts for me in Texas...but that's just my flavor of tea...anyone else have an opinion?

In my opinion, this site is for a bunch of us good ole boys and hunting enthusiasts talking about what we do, where we do it, and helping out those who need help. I am proud to be associated with this web-site and recommend it to all my friends. We broker deals with friends and people we have never met before, but on a personal level of "friend". These companies have no business invading our personal space and probably hurt their own business more by doing so, more so than generating business for themselves. Most of the people offering hunts on here, even the pro guides, are smaller businesses trying to scrape out a living for their families. This is no place for corporate America to step on the heads of the little guys. We have enough of that to deal with in our daily work lives much less the time that is spent on the web here that should be enjoyable. What's next, cold calls, registration lists? Just because a site is accessible on the web and has a place for adds doesn't mean it is there for the huge companies to take over. I just don't want to see this site turn into another Facebook. Everyone that I have had dealings with on this site has been great and I value friendship and the people who demonstrate the values that most on this site have. I sell hunts, and good hunts, for little more than gas money and enough to keep corn in the feeders and replace equipment when it gets broken or stops working. Most people don't have the kind of money to hunt these big expensive hunts these companies sell. I know I don't. I barter hunts with people for other things when they don't have the money to go. I do this because I enjoy helping the people on this site out and getting the sport out to those of limited funds. If I could afford to do it for free, I probably would. This is my opinion and was approved by ME !!

Support Your Local Junkyard Dawgs M/C
Re: Outfitter for hog hunts? [Re: HAWKEYE911] #3038711 02/23/12 05:11 AM
J
JEB Outfitters Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
I have hog hunts 2 hours from Dallas. All hunts are 2 days and include meals,lodging and guides for $450 per hunter with a 4 person minimum and I can guarantee 2 hogs per person as well as a good time.

Re: Outfitter for hog hunts? [Re: HAWKEYE911] #3038746 02/23/12 05:43 AM
T
Top Agent Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
It is very unfortunate that you say we are part of Corporate America. All our people run there own offices and are outdoor enthusiasts themselves. In fact we represent people that are on these forums that are outfitters and who are selling trips. We are all just Hunting and Fishing enthusiasts who enjoy helping people find the right trip for there needs. To say we are charging large dollar amounts for all out hunts is an outright lie. Some of the places we represent do have large price tag hunts, however we also have outfitters that have very very affordable hunts for all that need. We are not making a huge amount of money doing this in life, we do it to help people again find the best hunting trip for themselves, period. I do this because I love to hunt and fish and want to share that with people. I have clients that I am booking meat hunts for whitetail in Texas. We are not just about TROPHY Hunting and the like. We offer a free service and have a great service and company that was built from the ground up by a Hunting enthusiast from Minnesota. Our main office is in Burlington, Kansas, that has a POP of 2674 so we are very small town!!!!!!

Darcy Tkach
204-807-4107
www.outdoorconnection.ca
Re: Outfitter for hog hunts? [Re: Top Agent] #3038768 02/23/12 06:06 AM
P
Punkin Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
I stand by my previous questions...

Scott
---
www.sheepdogtees.com
www.know-love.org
Re: Outfitter for hog hunts? [Re: Punkin] #3038772 02/23/12 06:12 AM
P
Punkin Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
By the way... "top broker" with 11 self serving posts, calling a regular contributor here (who has over a thousand posts worth of credibility) a liar is not a good way to start building business. As your target customer, I'm compelled to tell you that your tactics and attitude will never garner a look from me, let alone, a nickel of my hard earned money.

Scott
---
www.sheepdogtees.com
www.know-love.org
Re: Outfitter for hog hunts? [Re: Punkin] #3038789 02/23/12 06:39 AM
T
Top Agent Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Well guys this post was about a hog hunt, not what you think of a business. I did not call him a liar, I said us selling high priced hunts only was a lie. This discussion can continue in a different spot, if need be. I feel people should have all the facts about anyone and any business before making statements that are not at all correct. I am representing many small outfitters that need the clients we bring to them in order to keep there business up. As for my tactics, I am not too sure really what you mean by that. All I am doing is offering people options of different places they can hunt for the trips they are looking for on the forum. My attitude is not a bad attitude in any way shape or form. I feel that I must defend my company and correct remarks that are made that are in correct. I think that is only fair.

Darcy Tkach
204-807-4107
www.outdoorconnection.ca
Re: Outfitter for hog hunts? [Re: Top Agent] #3038817 02/23/12 08:43 AM
GarayOutdoors Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Christian Outdoor Alliance (COA) Outfitters has a variety of ranches all over the hill country and south TX that offer top of the line hog hunting. Profits made from COA go toward our youth hunting summer camp program where kids get to have a summer camp spending a full 7 days at a hunting ranch for hogs and exotics in the summer. They get to hunt every morning and evening (sometimes go spotlighting at night) and when not hunting they are either fishing, swimming, target shooting, or doing a daily bible study with the camp counselors. Give Michael Marbach a call at 210-827-9802 or visit www.coaoutfitters.com to find out more about our hunts and summer camps available.

Re: Outfitter for hog hunts? [Re: GarayOutdoors] #3038979 02/23/12 01:43 PM
H
HAWKEYE911 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: Danger Ranger
Christian Outdoor Alliance (COA) Outfitters has a variety of ranches all over the hill country and south TX that offer top of the line hog hunting. Profits made from COA go toward our youth hunting summer camp program where kids get to have a summer camp spending a full 7 days at a hunting ranch for hogs and exotics in the summer. They get to hunt every morning and evening (sometimes go spotlighting at night) and when not hunting they are either fishing, swimming, target shooting, or doing a daily bible study with the camp counselors. Give Michael Marbach a call at 210-827-9802 or visit www.coaoutfitters.com to find out more about our hunts and summer camps available.

See, I'm all about this. This is a guy providing a service to benefit kids and the outdoors. Thumbs up to you Bro'. And you too punkin, I didn't like being tagged a liar either. That is my whole point. People on the forum dont do that to each other and this site is not someone's personal web-site for their Corporate Business. Bad Form indeed !!

Support Your Local Junkyard Dawgs M/C
Re: Outfitter for hog hunts? [Re: HAWKEYE911] #3040250 02/23/12 10:40 PM
GarayOutdoors Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Appreciate it. My job allows me to see either experienced youth shoot top of the line trophy exotics or whitetails, and I get to see some kids shoot a gun and go hunting for the first time in their entire life. It's an interesting feeling seeing a kid kill their first animal.

And about the business bashing taking place above, to my understanding this forum is public and an individual from that corporation is legally a member of the forum, noticed the question of someone looking for an outfitter, and simply recommended their company like I'm doing, even though I'm a small business employee. I don't see the harm in EVERYBODY being allowed to advertise on this forum, it's ultimately up to the consumer to determine who has better credibility to purchase a hunt through.

Now, back to the hog hunting search, here is a picture of a nice boar one of our PA clients came down and harvested, another pic of a summer camper taking a nice boar with me this past July, and a pic of some of my personal hog hunting success I had over the Christmas break while hunting for hogs at night. In my personal hunting pic the back two were shot with my bow and the third pic in the from I busted with my .270.

Re: Outfitter for hog hunts? [Re: GarayOutdoors] #3040689 02/24/12 01:58 AM
T
Top Agent Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Super nice hogs!!! Where about's are you located? Do you have a website? Let me know as I would love to see if we can help you out if possible.

Darcy Tkach
204-807-4107
www.outdoorconnection.ca
Re: Outfitter for hog hunts? [Re: Top Agent] #3040981 02/24/12 03:33 AM
GarayOutdoors Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
website is www.coaoutfitters.com, we have connections all over TX but our biggest concentration is in the deep Hill Country close to Kerrville and Junction along with our ranches is the brush country of south TX.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide