Forums46
Topics538,282
Posts9,735,281
Members87,078
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: Beagledad] #3024041 02/18/12 02:22 AM
C
caseyd Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Does she have any sisters???

Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: Beagledad] #3024111 02/18/12 02:43 AM
B
Bear Charge Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Which do you like better the future wife or the inheritance after the in-laws pass? See you in the paper.

On the other hand...you know how to pick 'em.

"Democracy is a sheep and two lions voting. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote."
Ben Franklin
Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: cibolo] #3024298 02/18/12 03:53 AM
D
Deerdown99 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: cibolo
Originally Posted By: Deerdown99
High fence big deal anyone can buy big racks

I can tell by that huge smile on his face holding those sheds that those are just your average 3 year old set of horns.

And I assume by your comment you would love to hunt there.

Nope Im not into shooting ducks in a pin.. like my deer wild and free of charge. Not that cool to see a deer with a price tag in its ear

Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: Beagledad] #3025239 02/18/12 07:05 PM
K
krod777 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K
You r lucky!

Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: Beagledad] #3025307 02/18/12 07:24 PM
B
BBD84 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
lucky man does she have a sister lol

Texas Elite Outfitters.
281-924-9720
Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: Deerdown99] #3026360 02/19/12 03:15 AM
M
madhatr02 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
You Sir are one lucky dude would love to hunt a place with that size 3yr olds much less be related to the owner....oh yeah and I guess the fiancé thing is cool too.

P.S. Haters gonna hate!!!

Semper Fi
Kevin
Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: KODIAK] #3028535 02/20/12 12:36 AM
5H Homes Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
Originally Posted By: KODIAK
Originally Posted By: GRR80
pretty sure those arent sheds

Sure looks like an artificial skull plate to me,..and I am pretty sure I can see the exposed pedicle on the deers right antler.

They put sheds on that piece of skull to take to a show so you could get an idea of how they set on his head. And I guess to be more correct, the antlers were cut off early in the season to keep him from breaking any of his points. They reattached some old shed bases. Thanks for looking!

5H Howell Homes
IG: @5H_homes
Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: 5H Homes] #3038811 02/23/12 08:16 AM
M
mullerloan Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
M
Lovely pictures.

Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: mullerloan] #3038978 02/23/12 01:41 PM
Mr. Clean Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I got nothin confused2....Congrats you lucky....Congrats. cheers

Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: Deerdown99] #3039352 02/23/12 04:29 PM
L
LIVE2HUNT77 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
High fence big deal anyone can buy big racks

I can tell by that huge smile on his face holding those sheds that those are just your average 3 year old set of horns.

And I assume by your comment you would love to hunt there.

Nope Im not into shooting ducks in a pin.. like my deer wild and free of charge. Not that cool to see a deer with a price tag in its ear
WHY WOULD ANYONE SHOOT DUCKS IN A PEN? LOL WHY DO PEOPLE HAVE TO BE SO NEGATIVE? ITS JUST SOME PIC OF BEAUTIFUL ANIMALS, WHO CARES WHAT KIND OF FENCE IT IS. NOT ALL, BUT MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO TALK SH_T ABOUT A HIGH FENCE ARE JUST MAD THEY CANT AFFORD TO HUNT THERE. IF SOMEONE OFFERED A FREE HUNT ON A 180 TO 200 B&C ON A HIGH FENCE, I BET 9 OUT OF 10 "HIGH FENCE HATERS" WOULD BE PACKING THEIR WEEKEND BAG! I HUNT LOW FENCE BUT I RESPECT THE INTENSE GAME MANAGEMENT THEY PUT INTO THOSE RANCHES. I TRY TO DO THE SAME ON OUR LOW FENCE PLACE, JUST LIKE A LOT OF OTHERS, SOMETIMES I WISH I HAD A HIGH FENCE, BECAUSE I SPEND TIME AND MONEY TO TRY TO LET DEER GROW UP, AND THEN A NEIGHBOR SHOOTS A THREE YEAR OLD DEER BECAUSE HE SCORES 140. I KNOW THERE WILL NEVER BE A END TO THE HIGH FENCE ARGUMENT, BUT THATS MY TWO CENTS. JUST WISH PEOPLE WOULD KEEP THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS TO THEMSELVES. THIS GUY TOOK THE TIME TO POST SOME COOL PIC'S FOR US TO LOOK AT AND PEOPLE ARE TRING TO BASH HIM. SORRY FOR THE RANT.

Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: LIVE2HUNT77] #3041318 02/24/12 06:12 AM
C
cibolo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
agree 100%. game management is an art form and a lot of hard work. is it a little easier to control your hard work and investment with a high fence and see the results a little sooner yes, but hard work all the same. I've seen some operations in places that were not known for big deer and with out bringing in outside genetics and just high fencing and letting them reach a mature age produce some monsters. These types of places are also were people with low fence ranches get a lot of the information on what practices produce results. Unfortunately no one has invented a 100% method to prevent natural predators and poachers or defense from the elements. But I will hunt were ever it is legal (not 10 acres high fenced or anything) but that is just because i like to drive around and do long stalks and such, not because of what kind of the hardware that surrounds the perimeter.

congrats on joining that family and having access to a place like that. I would spend the honeymoon down there for sure.

"Error of Opinion may be tolerated where Reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under GOD, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan
Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: cibolo] #3041344 02/24/12 07:03 AM
T
txaggie02 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
agree 100%. game management is an art form and a lot of hard work. is it a little easier to control your hard work and investment with a high fence and see the results a little sooner yes, but hard work all the same.

An art form? Haha! Get a life. Penning up deer in order to manipulate the herd isn't an art form, Picasso. It's a business. A business of making money from "hunters" that want to seriously increase the odds of killing something and not spend so much time out in the field. AKA....cheating. And all that a large majority of high-fenced owners care about is making that $$ from their clients. That's not art. That ranching. Just like a cattle operation. You could hold the biggest set of antlers up that I have ever seen in my life, but at the end of the day, if they are from a high-fenced operation, then it's barely worthy of a chuckle. To some people, its just about putting some big antlers on the wall. And THAT is really sad for our hunting heritage.

Last edited by txaggie02; 02/24/12 07:04 AM.
Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: txaggie02] #3041417 02/24/12 11:49 AM
E
Espy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Nice pics congrats

Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: txaggie02] #3043819 02/25/12 09:20 AM
C
cibolo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: txaggie02
agree 100%. game management is an art form and a lot of hard work. is it a little easier to control your hard work and investment with a high fence and see the results a little sooner yes, but hard work all the same.

An art form? Haha! Get a life. Penning up deer in order to manipulate the herd isn't an art form, Picasso. It's a business. A business of making money from "hunters" that want to seriously increase the odds of killing something and not spend so much time out in the field. AKA....cheating. And all that a large majority of high-fenced owners care about is making that $$ from their clients. That's not art. That ranching. Just like a cattle operation. You could hold the biggest set of antlers up that I have ever seen in my life, but at the end of the day, if they are from a high-fenced operation, then it's barely worthy of a chuckle. To some people, its just about putting some big antlers on the wall. And THAT is really sad for our hunting heritage.

breath and back away from the keyboard. You can sit there and say hi fence operations are the devil or whatever. But they have benefited our hunting heritage.
There would not be deer in some area's if it was not for breeding operations. Have some got out of hand with the money that is charged? Some would say yes it has got a little out of hand when a deer will cost a quarter of what some new homes cost. However there are people that are willing to pay this and that is their right to do so(and this is not limited to high fence operations as you well know, or maybe you don't). I've hunted two high fence places and on one of them there were not even feeders or food plots, and it was 10,000 acres,and you would consider this cheating because it is behind a high fence. I would still hunt it if it wasn't for the fact that it was located in Mexico. My buddy has a place down near Acuna and he will not hunt high fence at all. However the place he bought just got high fenced on one side and another neighbor is doing the same. So should he sale since he could possibly become a high fence operation eventually? And I guess I better get down there and try at one of his big 8's before he is high fenced in so I will not be a cheater. And I can put that art work on my wall.

I'm not going to beat a dead horse because everyone has an opinion and everyone has a right to hunt or run their ranch anyway they want to as long as it is legal.

Well deer season is over (except for the high fence MLD cheating operations) so let the debates begin. ohhh so much fun.

"Error of Opinion may be tolerated where Reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under GOD, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan
Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: Beagledad] #3043981 02/25/12 02:06 PM
T
Trevor B Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Originally Posted By: Beagledad
SHEDS ????? ok SO I GUESS THE WHOLE TOP OF HIS HEAD FELL OFF !!

popcorn bs roflmao

You'd think some of these guys have never heard of an artificial skull plate before. You'd be right!

Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: txaggie02] #3044058 02/25/12 02:55 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Let's clear up a few things real quick.

A)you act like you can only shoot big deer in hf, you can buy a 190- 200+ in deer on lots of LF ranches.

B) my personal favorite and most important---this thread is not a HF debate thread... They are pictures for you viewing pleasure... this site DOES NOT promote harsh and stupid outbursts..basically if you can't say something nice move along.......

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: BOBO the Clown] #3044471 02/25/12 06:43 PM
T
TechHunter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
RW has some awesome deer! I was a big fan of bambi longhorn. (I believe is monarch's sire). Very cool pictures and awesome looking place.

some people are just ignorant. sorry your thread was subject to the judgement of someone who has never tried (or probably seen first hand) pen raising deer. trust me RW has the artform perfected and there are a whole lot of people out there with bigger operations with a lot more money in them that can't even come close to the deer he has produced.

Well the first man comes along that can read Latin is welcome to rob us, far as I'm concerned. I'd like a chance t' shoot at a educated man once in my life.
Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: TechHunter] #3044692 02/25/12 08:58 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
The stupidity in this thread is astounding.

Cool pics though, thanks for sharing

Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: txaggie02] #3045129 02/26/12 01:41 AM
T
Trevor B Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T

Looks like I responded to the other comment before checking out page two and missed the good stuff!

Cibolo, I like the tender tone you've used to explain your views on high fences to the "anti's". Perhaps we should just cut our losses in this conversation... we are in fact dealing with an aggie. (JOKE)

I don't think a single anti-HF guy knows what it costs to run a large high fence operation... Most of them just see the "price tags" on the deer themselves. I'll go ahead and say that I'm not a fan of every high fence, and I feel like there should be a certain acreage to allow for fair chase hunting. I already know some people are going to stop reading at the end of the previous sentence and angrily respond to the last three words, "Fair Chase Hunting". I define fair chase as giving the animal, through cover, terrain, property size, and several other factors, the opportunity to utilize their superior senses and escape. Back to the money aspect, I know from first hand experience that it is practically impossible to "get rich" running a ranch, HF or LF. To do it right, (i.e. balance herd numbers, feed properly, maintain food plots, establish ample water sources, etc.), the profits a rancher makes from selling hunts barely cover those costs with enough money left for the savings account. In regards to txaggie's final statement about taking trophy deer... "big antlers" usually only come on mature bucks, something you apparently disregard when you harvest an animal. I will say that hunters who shoot big deer purely for the trophy and couldn't care less about the meat aren't seeing the full picture, and that's unfortunate, but it's easy to see that your opinions of high fence whitetail hunting and the anger you feel toward its advocates go deeper than the usual petty argument of "it's cheating!" I think the guys who created this video had you in mind when the wrote the lines for the low-fence hunting spokesperson.... You should take a look and let me know if I'm wrong.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/12523853/historical-figurez-movie

Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: Beagledad] #3045777 02/26/12 12:34 PM
L
Lazy L Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Wow! How big of a place is this?

"Hey running' buddy what'll say to a twelve pack"

Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: Trevor B] #3046374 02/26/12 07:56 PM
C
cibolo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Trevor B

Looks like I responded to the other comment before checking out page two and missed the good stuff!

Cibolo, I like the tender tone you've used to explain your views on high fences to the "anti's". Perhaps we should just cut our losses in this conversation... we are in fact dealing with an aggie. (JOKE)

I don't think a single anti-HF guy knows what it costs to run a large high fence operation... Most of them just see the "price tags" on the deer themselves. I'll go ahead and say that I'm not a fan of every high fence, and I feel like there should be a certain acreage to allow for fair chase hunting. I already know some people are going to stop reading at the end of the previous sentence and angrily respond to the last three words, "Fair Chase Hunting". I define fair chase as giving the animal, through cover, terrain, property size, and several other factors, the opportunity to utilize their superior senses and escape. Back to the money aspect, I know from first hand experience that it is practically impossible to "get rich" running a ranch, HF or LF. To do it right, (i.e. balance herd numbers, feed properly, maintain food plots, establish ample water sources, etc.), the profits a rancher makes from selling hunts barely cover those costs with enough money left for the savings account. In regards to txaggie's final statement about taking trophy deer... "big antlers" usually only come on mature bucks, something you apparently disregard when you harvest an animal. I will say that hunters who shoot big deer purely for the trophy and couldn't care less about the meat aren't seeing the full picture, and that's unfortunate, but it's easy to see that your opinions of high fence whitetail hunting and the anger you feel toward its advocates go deeper than the usual petty argument of "it's cheating!" I think the guys who created this video had you in mind when the wrote the lines for the low-fence hunting spokesperson.... You should take a look and let me know if I'm wrong.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/12523853/historical-figurez-movie

That video is funny and the dang truth. I think rifleman or Tye or someone else posted that earlier this year. Either way it should be posted everytime this subject comes up. No response necessary just post that video.

And I couldn't agree more about getting rich doing the high fence thing. My buddy has 10,000 acres down in Webb and they used to package hunt it and between the problems with the hunters and breeder bucks dying and not seeing a return on investment they shut it down. The deer hunting operations became a matter of survival for a lot of ranchers.

Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: cibolo] #3046453 02/26/12 08:31 PM
S
SR025 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
popcorn

Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: SR025] #3046516 02/26/12 09:03 PM
N
Nightlight Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
N
lucky bastard lol, awesome pics

Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: BOBO the Clown] #3049010 02/27/12 08:19 PM
L
LIVE2HUNT77 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Let's clear up a few things real quick.

A)you act like you can only shoot big deer in hf, you can buy a 190- 200+ in deer on lots of LF ranches.

B) my personal favorite and most important---this thread is not a HF debate thread... They are pictures for you viewing pleasure... this site DOES NOT promote harsh and stupid outbursts..basically if you can't say something nice move along.......

thats pretty much the point I was tring to make!

Re: A few shots from the weekend (rack heavy!) [Re: LIVE2HUNT77] #3049573 02/28/12 12:02 AM
5H Homes Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
Lol I'm just gonna stop posting pictures

5H Howell Homes
IG: @5H_homes
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide