Print Thread
TCH "AIN'T SCARRRREEEED" #297662 01/16/08 03:30 AM
T
travelinman31 Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
T
Had the pleasure to go on a hunt with TCH (Jason) this past weekend. My son, my dad, and I took the dogs out to his place and did some bird huntin. Too sum up the time we had, AWESOME. The accomidations were great, the game was plentiful, and the food was excellent, but most of all the company was the best thing. There is nothing I enjoy more than learning from my dad, teaching my son, trailing bird dogs, and meeting great new friends. The dogs did their best being it was their first real hunt of the year and we have been so busy with deer hunting and ball games that we haven't gotten to tune them up real good. My son has a new nickname for Jason and I'll let him tell that story. I sent some pics from the hunt to Jason and he'll get them on when he has time, got a pretty good shot of my dog backing and the one where you can't see the whole dog is my dad's, the action was fast and furious so the camera didn't get out much. We didn't break the record on Quail killed, but we aren't Quail Killers were Quail Hunters, and believe me there were plenty of birds. Again thanks to Jason for being such a good host and congrats on being the newest member to the club, but remember you can get kicked out as I'm on thin ice. Jack A$$ 2 is not a nice movie

Travelinman (Bryan)

Re: TCH "AIN'T SCARRRREEEED" [Re: travelinman31] #297663 01/16/08 12:50 PM
W
Wes70 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
JAson is a hell of a guy. Glad ya'll had a good time.

Re: TCH "AIN'T SCARRRREEEED" [Re: travelinman31] #297664 01/16/08 04:04 PM
txcornhusker Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I will post some pictures up this afternoon. I had a good time hanging out with this crew. Lots of good conversation and a bunch of BSing! The "he ain't scerred" story came from Bryan's son Wyatt. There was a tree that was still on fire(not smoking, on fire) Friday when I got there. It got to worrying me so I decided to go take a look later that night. I had to drive on the path the dozer tore and it had trees, roots, and whatnot sticking up throughout.

Anyway, after making it through I turn the truck around to go back out and look in the backseat and wyatt has his head between his legs I think kissing his a$$ goodbye...I don't know. I told him it was Okay and I knew what I was doing. We start back through the mess and he says to Bryan, "He needs a bumper sticker that says I ain't skerred". It cracked me up! Anyway, pictures to come...

Re: TCH "AIN'T SCARRRREEEED" **PICS ADDED** [Re: txcornhusker] #297665 01/16/08 07:52 PM
txcornhusker Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Here are some of the pics from the hunt.

Here is (l to r)Del, Wyatt, and Bryan.

Here is Del and Wyatt near the edge of the brush heading back to camp.

Here are the hounds catching a nap. Notice no e-collar and no lease. Two fine behaving hounds for sure. Not too common in English pointers.

Here is Bryan's female getting an oil bath in the road.

Last but definitely NOT least...my favorite picture! That female is classy!

Re: TCH "AIN'T SCARRRREEEED" **PICS ADDED** [Re: txcornhusker] #297666 01/16/08 08:08 PM
HWY_MAN Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
OK, i been around Pointer's all my life and that third pic just ain't right. You wasn't putting Whisky in their water bowl were ya?.. Great pic's. A three generation hunt is pretty special. Congrats to all. Good job Jason!

Last edited by HWY_MAN; 01/16/08 08:09 PM.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: TCH "AIN'T SCARRRREEEED" **PICS ADDED** [Re: txcornhusker] #297667 01/16/08 08:10 PM
W
Wes70 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Cool pics!! Wish my pointer was that well behaved

Re: TCH "AIN'T SCARRRREEEED" **PICS ADDED** [Re: Wes70] #297668 01/16/08 08:18 PM
txcornhusker Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Quote:

Cool pics!! Wish my pointer was that well behaved

Sorry Sir, but she is retarded!

Re: TCH "AIN'T SCARRRREEEED" **PICS ADDED** [Re: HWY_MAN] #297669 01/16/08 08:22 PM
txcornhusker Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Quote:

OK, i been around Pointer's all my life and that third pic just ain't right.

I know it...isn't that sumthin'!?!

Re: TCH "AIN'T SCARRRREEEED" **PICS ADDED** [Re: txcornhusker] #297670 01/16/08 09:27 PM
Big Orn Offline
great white gorilla
great white gorilla
Thanks for the pics, Jason - good job!

And congrats to all - looks like y'all had a good time!

Re: TCH "AIN'T SCARRRREEEED" **PICS ADDED** [Re: Big Orn] #297671 01/17/08 12:01 AM
T
travelinman31 Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
T
Hwy-man hit the nail on the head at what we are doing, 3 generation hunts. I am so blessed that I still have my dad and that my son is getting to be around him so much and learn from him, as I am still learning from him. Anyone that meets me won't go long without me bringing up my dad, and I hope that legacy gets passed to my son & daughters. As Jason will attest we truly do all that we do for our kids, my dad does it for me, and me for my son. Those are the things I remember the most about all the times we are together, not how many points the buck had or how many birds we shot. Anyways enough with the mushy stuff and on to the dogs. The female was the first bird dog I got and believe it or not I got her for free from a woman that kept her at a horse ranch near I-30 and Mcarthur. She didn't know if she would hunt, but I decided to give her a try. The first time she went on point with her classy style my dad said "Son you've cut a fat hog in the a$$ getting her". After she showed her stuff I took her for a checkup and she was found to have heartworms, she went through the treatment like a champ and has been the best dog I have ever been around. She's getting a little long in the tooth now and doesn't cover the ground like she used too, however she showed a lot more zest on the second day of our hunt with Jason and actually bloodied her tail she was going so hard. The male dog is 5 years old and just as docile of a dog and hunts great, he covers a lot of ground but does it all with out getting out of sight. He handles birds good, but his nose isn't as good as the females. All in all both of the dogs are just a pleasure to hunt with, and thinking of the day that my Daisy can't go anymore kills me, but something tells me she'll be fine for a while longer. We have some more in the kennels that should fill in nicely when it is their time. The one thing we demand from our dogs is that they behave, they make mistakes in the field from time to time, but that's ok I make a lot of mistakes in my life too.

Travelinman

Re: TCH "AIN'T SCARRRREEEED" **PICS ADDED** [Re: travelinman31] #297672 01/17/08 02:08 AM
Mr. Clean Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Very Cool...3 gen's....even cooler...thanks for the share...reminds me of chasing Gambles and Blues in N.M. with my Dad and our English. Those were the days. They are both busting coveys of birds with the "Big Man Upstairs" now.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide