Print Thread
The Boondock boys come to Texas lots of pics.... #2955545 01/24/12 04:40 AM
S
SKINNER PREDATOR HUNTER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
S
Well Guys me and Kirk and Jeremiah have been planning on a hunt here in Texas for these guys for a few months. On Thur of last week we made it happen the guys flew down from PA to hunt the Lone Star State. texas We had plans to call on some of my ranches that have tons of Grey Fox and a few nice bobcats. I met up with the guys on Thur night with the high rack and we loaded all our gear and headed out to see what the night had in store for us. Me and my Dad were hunting with the guys and we even had our Blue Lacy dog Tammy. The weather could not have been better conditions no moon and a slight breeze blowing. We managed to get the guys about 6 Grey fox and a pretty Ringtail the first night using the Kill lights with the red leds. It was my first time using my new kill lights and let me tell you these things our amazing and I wont go out at night with out mine ever again.

Here is Jeremiah posing with 2 Texas Grey fox.

The next night after catching some shut eye and eating some good mexican food we headed to another ranch to see if we could get the guys a Bobcat. We still had great weather and the Greys were still running us over pretty good. And let me tell you these guys can flat shoot Kirk never missed a shot in 3 nights of hunting and Jeremiah made some nice shots as well. On about our 5th stand on sat night we had this nice female bobcat come into the stand about the 15 min mark and both of the guys double tapped her at about 70 yards. Here is a few pics of the guys and their cat.

We also managed to kill about 4 more Grey fox this night. Most of them were shot using the rifles but I had some fun with the ones that tried to back door us with the 12 Gauge.....lol. This is kind of funny Kirk was making fun of me for shooting all 3 shells out of my shot gun at the foxes. I kept telling him if they even blink im giving them another round I have had them run off too many times. Besides my motto is like Phil Robinson BOOM....BOOM...BOOM.... rifle

After all this fun we headed back to the motel to get some sleep and get ready for our last night of calling before the guys had to catch a plane back to PA. We had allot fun along the way and a couple of first too. Kirk has never drank a Big Red soft drink before and had no clue what it was so we hooked him up with a large glass of the Red stuff..... :thumbup:
:

Then Jeremiah being the crazy guy that he is decided his bald head might have been catching a glare from our lights at night and spooking the predators. So he fixed the problem with this hat he found..... csi

The last night we hunted a 20,000 acre ranch that was laid out perfect for hunting some Grey fox we had some great results early in the night by 10:00 we had 5 fox and 2 coons in the back of the truck. The wind started blowing pretty hard about 1:00 so we made 2 last stands that produced 1 last fox that Jeremiah dumped at 40 yards after we coaxed him with some hand call action. The night was over and so we headed back to the motel for some much needed rest after hunting hard for 3 nights straight. The end results after 3 nights in Texas was 16 Grey Fox, 1 Bobcat , 2 Coons, and 1 Ringtail.....

We froze the predators so we could skin them later but here is a pic of the grand total.... scared

We were really happy with the results we ended up with. The crazy thing was the hunts were not the highlight of this trip. It was the fact that 4 guys from 2 different parts of the world could meet up with each other and have a hunt of a lifetime. I walked away from this experience with more predator hunting knowledge and 2 new great friends who I had a blast hanging out with I cant tell you how many times I laughed until it hurt just hanging out in the Motel... It truly was a fun hunt that I will not soon forget. I would like to think the guys for coming down and Jeremiah for being such a great sponsor.... cheers

Here our a few more pics from the hunt.

The guys and my Toyota and the high rack.

Kirk chilling in the high rack after eating a "peanut chew" He claims they make you shoot straight....lol

Last edited by SKINNER PREDATOR HUNTER; 01/24/12 04:47 AM.

Facebook @
Take'em Out Predator Productions
www.Takemoutbowfishing.com

Going threw life without loving God is like a dull pencil it has no point
Re: The Boondock boys come to Texas lots of pics.... [Re: SKINNER PREDATOR HUNTER] #2955634 01/24/12 05:22 AM
M
MVILL Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Great write up.. Cool pics

Re: The Boondock boys come to Texas lots of pics.... [Re: MVILL] #2955663 01/24/12 05:48 AM
C
Chief C Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Congrats! Looks like a lot of fun. I'd really like to do a predator hunter, just don't know where to begin.

Re: The Boondock boys come to Texas lots of pics.... [Re: Chief C] #2956319 01/24/12 03:52 PM
dfwroadkill Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Thanks for relating the story and good job... up

Re: The Boondock boys come to Texas lots of pics.... [Re: dfwroadkill] #2956344 01/24/12 03:58 PM
J
Jeff Thomason Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Looks like a great time!

Re: The Boondock boys come to Texas lots of pics.... [Re: Jeff Thomason] #2957035 01/24/12 08:53 PM
CCBIRDDOGMAN Online Content
Bird Herder
Online Content
Bird Herder
WOW. What a hunt.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Haven't had it in years but never spit any out.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I am a sucker for happy endings and strapped cowboys.
Re: The Boondock boys come to Texas lots of pics.... [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #2957919 01/25/12 02:05 AM
A
add147 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
A
Sound like a dream of a life time!!!! Amazing animals harvested!!!

Re: The Boondock boys come to Texas lots of pics.... [Re: add147] #2958203 01/25/12 03:08 AM
R
Ronnie Oneal Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Nothing like hunting down there for greys....you guys did good!!!!!!!!!

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCQa5cwBGes6Kp0cGQOj2Brw

NIGHT CREW TV on YouTube ☝️☝️☝️

https://m.facebook.com/nightcrewfans/

NIGHT CREW TV Facebook☝️☝️☝️
Re: The Boondock boys come to Texas lots of pics.... [Re: Ronnie Oneal] #2958379 01/25/12 04:00 AM
S
SKINNER PREDATOR HUNTER Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
S
Thanks guys we hunted hard but the most important part was doing our home work we hunted the dark of the moon in low wind conditions and used as many odds as we could put in our favor and that's what help it all pay off. Thanks for the comments were heading far west on thur - sun for some more predator action stay tuned it's Coyote Time!!!!

Facebook @
Take'em Out Predator Productions
www.Takemoutbowfishing.com

Going threw life without loving God is like a dull pencil it has no point
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide