Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Never going back #292797 01/09/08 09:00 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Gunmaster in Plano has the most rude crew of crotchety disgruntled old balls men I have ever seen in a store. Especially the black dude. Terrible customer service. Looking at me like im a criminal in their sorry store wearing their little dousche bags around their waste for their pistols. What a low rent place. The would be better off getting some of the 16 year old from Academy for customer service. Terrible place

Re: Never going back [Re: Brother in-law] #292798 01/09/08 09:10 PM
F
fowlplayr Offline
Shenanigans Scorecard keeper
Shenanigans Scorecard keeper
F
Agreed!!! And I thought it was just me that they treated that way

Re: Never going back [Re: Brother in-law] #292799 01/09/08 09:17 PM
T
TexasShooter Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Nope I have to agree with you as well. I have bought guns from them in the past had good service. I also buy powder from them for reloading. I went in there to try to order a gun (CVA Elite center fire) Got some dude and he seemed to be too busy to want to work with me on it. I even went back to try to give them a second chance, same story, I left that place went to Acamedy and bought the gun that day. I guess I will continue to get the powder there only because its the closest place to me but , bought my last gun there.

Re: Never going back [Re: TexasShooter] #292800 01/09/08 09:19 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Yes unforutalty the mom and pop place carry specialy items that you cant get from the chain stores. They are some serious jack asses

Re: Never going back [Re: Brother in-law] #292801 01/09/08 09:43 PM
T
TEXASLEFTY Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
Online Content
THF Whiskey Sommelier
T
seems like nobody has had good service there lately seems like they would have to be nice to somebody or they would go out of bussiness

Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey
Never been to a camping world. I prefer Dick's to be honest.
Re: Never going back [Re: TEXASLEFTY] #292802 01/09/08 09:46 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
I dont how they pay all those idiots to stand around and be a azz!

Re: Never going back [Re: TEXASLEFTY] #292803 01/09/08 09:47 PM
Big Orn Offline
great white gorilla
great white gorilla
Gunmasters, Inc - on Ave K?

The bad thing about treating your customers like they have tails is that one customer can ruin your reputation...especially in today's world of the WWW.

Too bad taco, hate to hear it. Maybe they'll happen onto THF and see this. Probably not, though...

Re: Never going back [Re: Brother in-law] #292804 01/09/08 09:48 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
If yall want some really good customer service then go see Tim at B&S Guns in Garland TX.

I know some guys that wont do buisness with them because they dont like the owner of the place, but Tim will treat you right. Steve (the owner) can seem like a jerk at times, but he is actually a nice guy and willing to help you find what you need.

Re: Never going back [Re: JCB] #292805 01/09/08 09:55 PM
Big Orn Offline
great white gorilla
great white gorilla
I won't be going back to American Pawn on State Line in Texarkana again.

This one guy finally ambled over after he listened to some CD on a Ghetto Blaster and asked if I needed anything. I pointed at a rifle a friend had told me about there. He gave it to me and walked over to the little radio again, started nodding his head, getting all into that funky music. I waved and know he saw me, but he had to wait until the song was over. A few minutes later, after he'd gone to the back for awhile, he came back and I handed him the rifle.
He asked, "What do you want to do with it today?" with a smirk.
I said, "Stick up yore a__!" and walked off.

So bad rep points all around for American Pawn on State Line in Texarkana, Texas!!!

Re: Never going back [Re: JCB] #292806 01/09/08 09:58 PM
C
crosscuthunter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Quote:

If yall want some really good customer service then go see Tim at B&S Guns in Garland TX.

I know some guys that wont do buisness with them because they dont like the owner of the place, but Tim will treat you right. Steve (the owner) can seem like a jerk at times, but he is actually a nice guy and willing to help you find what you need.

i wouldn't stop at bs and piss on them if they were on fire

Re: Never going back [Re: Big Orn] #292807 01/09/08 10:03 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Thats awesome. That what I wanted to say to that guy today, I asked him about stainless steel barrels because I have 3 and all have a different stainless look. I cleaned one the other day and it left a film on it. I pointed to his wall and showed him the Rem, Rug, and Savage I have. He looked at me and said ive never heard of that, Did I shake my can up before I sprayed it on? I almost blew my top but I knew if i did that he would probably reach into his man purse and shoot me. Freakin idiot

Re: Never going back [Re: crosscuthunter] #292808 01/09/08 10:08 PM
Big Orn Offline
great white gorilla
great white gorilla
Quote:

Quote:

i wouldn't stop at bs and piss on them if they were on fire

I'm telling ya, if companies, people, don't wake up and start treating their customers like they should treat them (like gold) then one person's bad day will be the whole company's downfall. Seen it.

And if you think it's not fair to slander on the WWW...well...

Best Buy went through this just recently. One customer almost shut down one store because of an employee that just didn't want to be there that day.

Re: Never going back [Re: Big Orn] #292809 01/09/08 10:11 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Quote:

The American Pawn on I-30 in Garland aint much better unless you have a sales person that you deal with on a regular basis.

If you are ever in there ask for Pete, thats who I deal with all the time and he wont give you the run arounds like some of the other knuckleheads there.

Re: Never going back [Re: JCB] #292810 01/09/08 10:15 PM
Big Orn Offline
great white gorilla
great white gorilla
I don't understand the mindset at some of these places.

I don't know about y'all, but here at Sam's, when you go out (you gotta show them your card) they say, "Thanks for shopping at Sams, and have a great day, Orn!" They call you by name. And they don't tell you where something is, they take you to it. Good folks.

Okay - a plug for Sams in Texarkana.

Re: Never going back [Re: JCB] #292811 01/09/08 10:16 PM
C
crosscuthunter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Quote:

Quote:

The American Pawn on I-30 in Garland aint much better unless you have a sales person that you deal with on a regular basis.

If you are ever in there ask for Pete, thats who I deal with all the time and he wont give you the run arounds like some of the other knuckleheads there.

pete the old hard [censored]

Re: Never going back [Re: crosscuthunter] #292812 01/09/08 10:21 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

pete the old hard [censored]

If by "old" you mean about mid-50's then YES that is the Pete I am talking about. Grey hair, pot belly, and glasses too.

I have been going there dang near every day now for the last 8 years or so, and never seen him treat anyone wrong.

Re: Never going back [Re: JCB] #292813 01/09/08 10:30 PM
J
JBCooper Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
I've never bought anything from B&S but I've been in there a few times. Couldn't get any help the first 2 times then I went in to look at a particular gun and they were about $100 higher than anyone else and they argued that they had the best price I'd be able to find so I exited and haven't been back.

Re: Never going back [Re: JBCooper] #292814 01/09/08 10:36 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Quote:

I've never bought anything from B&S but I've been in there a few times. Couldn't get any help the first 2 times then I went in to look at a particular gun and they were about $100 higher than anyone else and they argued that they had the best price I'd be able to find so I exited and haven't been back.

On in store items you are right about them being higher than most other shops. Most everything I buy from them they end up having to order it and the price is very competitive if not cheaper than the other places I shop at.

Re: Never going back [Re: JCB] #292815 01/09/08 11:40 PM
B
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
I like BS guns because they have a picture on the front door with appropriate dress, It shows proper and then shows someone " with they dro's hanging out" and you cant come in the store dressed like a thug. for them hanging that sign so me and you dont have to looks at someones arse hanging out.

Re: Never going back [Re: Brother in-law] #292816 01/09/08 11:54 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Quote:

I like BS guns because they have a picture on the front door with appropriate dress, It shows proper and then shows someone " with they dro's hanging out" and you cant come in the store dressed like a thug. for them hanging that sign so me and you dont have to looks at someones arse hanging out.

The first time I saw that sign I busted out laughing. Its sad that you have to tell someone what the proper way to wear thier pants is, but these days nothing surprises me anymore. They actually posted that sign because some of those "different" people that like to wear their pants like that went into the store and stuck a coulple of assault rifles down thier over sized pants and then walked out and into the video store next door and robbed the place.

Re: Never going back [Re: Big Orn] #292817 01/09/08 11:59 PM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I have been noticing this stuff at the Mom and Pop Gun stores for many years, and not just in the Metro-Mess.

I knew a guy that had a gun store in Graham back in the late 60's early 70's and if he didn't think a person needed a gun of a certain caliber, he would not order it for you.

It didn't matter if you had the money in your hand, he would stand there and tell you that you had no need for a gun like that and then he would walk off.

I think however, a lot of us would be surprised at our own attitudes if we had to stand behind the counter and deal with the idiots. JMO.

Pawn shops are a whole different concept. If you go into the same ones often enough and the folks working there get used to you being around you will get good service and can make good deals.

Just think how you would like working in a pawn shop and having to deal with some of the folks that come in there trying to pawn stuff that you know they don't own.

Re: Never going back [Re: Crazyhorse] #292818 01/10/08 12:05 AM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Offline
duck & cover
duck & cover
Is that Pete at the Pawn SHop? I think I met him at the BBQ Cook-Off. Seemed like a great guy to me.

Re: Never going back [Re: JCB] #292819 01/10/08 12:08 AM
duck & cover
duck & cover
Quote:

Quote:

The first time I saw that sign I busted out laughing. Its sad that you have to tell someone what the proper way to wear thier pants is, but these days nothing surprises me anymore. They actually posted that sign because some of those "different" people that like to wear their pants like that went into the store and stuck a coulple of assault rifles down thier over sized pants and then walked out and into the video store next door and robbed the place.

There's a mall in downtown Memphis, a block off Beall...has signs at the doors, pants up, Hats on straight, bill to the front, no profanity, even says "walk normal"...no groups of more than 3 under age 18....Allowed. They don't have security, hire only off-duty PD and SO people...you get ID'd and banned for the FIRST offense. If they catch you back, you go to JAIL for criminal trespass....LOVE IT.

I make it a point to go there when we are there in town and I tell them I like it.

Re: Never going back [Re: Crazyhorse] #292820 01/10/08 12:11 AM
B
bayourat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
I'd like to Sig chime in on this, seeing as how he owns a gun store.

Re: Never going back [Re: Crazyhorse] #292821 01/10/08 12:23 AM
duck & cover
duck & cover
Quote:

I have been noticing this stuff at the Mom and Pop Gun stores for many years, and not just in the Metro-Mess.

I knew a guy that had a gun store in Graham back in the late 60's early 70's and if he didn't think a person needed a gun of a certain caliber, he would not order it for you.

It didn't matter if you had the money in your hand, he would stand there and tell you that you had no need for a gun like that and then he would walk off.

I think however, a lot of us would be surprised at our own attitudes if we had to stand behind the counter and deal with the idiots. JMO.

Pawn shops are a whole different concept. If you go into the same ones often enough and the folks working there get used to you being around you will get good service and can make good deals.

Just think how you would like working in a pawn shop and having to deal with some of the folks that come in there trying to pawn stuff that you know they don't own.

Man, CH, we agree more everyday. I must be catching up to you in age I guess...

Two things that get me....and I have sold S&W 500 to 60 year old woman, because she wanted one, and I have turned down several sales on cheap Raven/NorthAmerican/Davis/Sundance/etc guns (they are all the same). Now I know the argument, if a poor man needs to defend himself he can order one...but I don't stock them and won't ever. Don't like the customers it brings in...only takes one idiot crack-head to scare off one customer that buys 3 a year for him and the grandkids, to make you understand...it's just about profit.

Secondly.(deleted before posting, too long a rant about the customer that just left....maybe another day...)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide