Forums46
Topics538,462
Posts9,737,357
Members87,089
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: Taiaut] #2919418 01/11/12 05:28 AM
R
robbf213 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: Taiaut
Originally Posted By: robbf213
Originally Posted By: West Fork Armory
How about you check out the facts on how many poachers have been caught with a suppressor.

Please enlighten us, I know of quite a few cases.

Can you show me the documentation and the adjudication of any poaching cases involving suppressors ?

Why? They are legal cases where people have had to pay fines, forfeit guns and the suppressors attached to them. It is not info I would put on the internet, it was between them and the judge.

Why would I bother providing YOU with the information anyway, you don't even live in TX do you?

Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: DSST_Construction] #2919424 01/11/12 05:33 AM
G
Gingerbeard Man Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
I WILL, not would, support this. I have been talking with the OP through his FB page and another outlet. Very interested in seeing this finally get passed!

Do you own a GM vehicle? If so, join us here:
www.customgm.com
Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: mossberg man] #2919433 01/11/12 05:37 AM
G
Gingerbeard Man Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Also, how many poacher do you think will actually purchase a suppressor? If they aren't going to hunt legally, I doubt they will spend the $1k(ballpark for the technical Nazis) to obtain a can?

Being hard of hearing in one ear already, I can appreciate this!

Do you own a GM vehicle? If so, join us here:
www.customgm.com
Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: robbf213] #2919734 01/11/12 01:48 PM
S
S A Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
S
Originally Posted By: Taiaut
How about you check out the facts on how many poachers have been caught with a suppressor.

Please enlighten us, I know of quite a few cases.

Can you show me the documentation and the adjudication of any poaching cases involving suppressors ?

Why? They are legal cases where people have had to pay fines, forfeit guns and the suppressors attached to them. It is not info I would put on the internet, it was between them and the judge.

Why would I bother providing YOU with the information anyway, you don't even live in TX do you?
This is far from the truth. If there were cases and convictions, they are public record, NOT between the judge and the individual. I have talked to TPWD and there have been ZERO, NONE, NADA, ZILCH, actions filed against a poacher who has legally had possession of a silencer. This would hit media outlets like a sh** storm. If you have facts, present them, or they are not facts. They are your biased opinion. You should not try to dissuade people by your bias without facts. I have searched and searched for several days trying to find ONE conviction nation-wide for poaching where a silencer was used. Do you know what was used in almost every case? A FIREARM! By your arguments, we should ban firearms because poachers have been convicted in a court of law for using them. I can post proof if you would like.

Last edited by S A; 01/11/12 02:13 PM.
Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: robbf213] #2919772 01/11/12 02:00 PM
T
Taiaut Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T

It is not just between them and the judge. From the time the case is written it is a matter of public record. I don't understand why you would not want to put the info on the internet. After all the TPWD puts info about cases on the internet on a regular basis.
As for not living in Texas, TPWD has no trouble taking my money in exchange for their outrageously high out of state licenses. And the owners of this forum graciously allow me to post here. So your answer, in this regard, is dangerously close to an attempt to censor what is posted on this forum.
But you would have to admit that it is a weak response, usually given when one does not have an answer to the question.

Last edited by Taiaut; 01/11/12 06:30 PM.
Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: West Fork Armory] #2919776 01/11/12 02:01 PM
B
Bwana83 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Originally Posted By: Bwana83
Hearing protection can be worn, why would we make it legal and allow something that makes a poacher more incognito? That's why immoral people don't poach, the fear of getting caught. Suppressors make it much more difficult to locate where a shot came from and also cuts down the distance the shot can be heard from obviously. It's why poachers use coke bottles and such, because supressors are currently illegal. I'm not saying I'm for or against it (it's the first time I have ever thought about it actually) but let's not lie to others or ourselves about suppressors being a poachers best friend
This could be the most un-informed answer I have seen on here. How about you check out the facts on how many poachers have been caught with a suppressor. Also coke bottle don't work, that's an old wives tales. Suppressors are actually legal already just not on game animals.

How bout you read the whole thread for one thing before commenng on someone. And two, legatametly it's pretty difficult to catch someone poaching unless they r being dumb and that's compounded when they are being stealthy as well so that's not an informed answer if you want to get down to it. Read the whole thread and then get back at me. It was meant to be a bogus comment to bring forth legit reasoning

A mature buck might be a deer, but you can bet it's a totally different animal
Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: Bwana83] #2924128 01/12/12 07:49 PM
J
J McCoy Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Can anyone actually point out on the Texas Parks and Wildlife website where this is? I clicked the link with no luck.

Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: J McCoy] #2924995 01/13/12 12:29 AM
M
michael rice Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
would be nice for me cause i got a a noisy neighbor every time she hears a gun shot she calls me lol she is a tree hugger and dont like cause i shoot deer this is on 15 acers

Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: michael rice] #2925031 01/13/12 12:40 AM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
I think the line on technology and deer hunting has to be drawn somewhere. Whats next, killing an entire group with a wide beamed laser. The hearing loss argument doesnt hold water, that is what hearing protection is for.

Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: BOONER] #2925166 01/13/12 01:17 AM
T
Tye Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: BOONERDREAMING
I think the line on technology and deer hunting has to be drawn somewhere. Whats next, killing an entire group with a wide beamed laser. The hearing loss argument doesnt hold water, that is what hearing protection is for.

Line of technology? Suppressors weren't created yesterday. What do you think of fiber optic sights for bows,illuminated sights on scopes,scent lock suits, scent elimination sprays, digital range finders, trail cameras etc. These items help a hunter harvest a deer. These help shift the success towards the hunter.

Do you actually think the suppressor succeeds these products as far as advantage is concerned ?

Originally Posted By: AmoCuernos
If you shoot a young deer because a neighbor will shoot it, you are that neighbor.
Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: BOONER] #2925917 01/13/12 04:02 AM
T
txgunner00 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T

So should we revert to bashing them over the head with rocks? I'm sure there were some cavemen that had the same argument against the bow and arrow. laugh

Last edited by txgunner00; 01/13/12 04:04 AM.
Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: DSST_Construction] #2925985 01/13/12 04:17 AM
coreybasshunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
I am alright with it. I really don't think poaching will increase . As of right now silencers can be used for hogs and varmints so if a poacher wanted one he could own one and be using it illegally right now. All they are doing is making it legall to hunt game animals you still have to go through the same process to obtain one and the supressors are expensive to buy I don't see someone who is already poaching spending money like that when they can use their 22 like they have for years. I don't agree with some of you guys who say most poaching is done by mere opertunist . I believe that most poaching is done by people who plan on it and know how to skirt the law, very sorry people, . As for legall hunters I think it will help a lot especially the guys who have to hunt near populated areas. And for the guys who says he doesn't hear the shot when he shoots please realize that just because you didn't realize it doesn't mean your ears didn't hear it.

Keep em huntin and they wont have time to get in trouble!! And remember RESPECT goes a long way!!
Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: coreybasshunter] #2926580 01/13/12 02:33 PM
M
Misfire Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
When I shoot a deer with a rifle I always hear the shot. Ironically, I don't hear much of anything after for quite some time..

"I wanna go fast" -Ricky Bobby

"Mind bottling isn't it?" -Chazz Michael Michaels

Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: Misfire] #2926926 01/13/12 04:09 PM
S
ssmith Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
it will not stop poaching haters will hate an poachers will poach

Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: Tye] #2927351 01/13/12 06:06 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Tye

Line of technology? Suppressors weren't created yesterday. What do you think of fiber optic sights for bows,illuminated sights on scopes,scent lock suits, scent elimination sprays, digital range finders, trail cameras etc. These items help a hunter harvest a deer. These help shift the success towards the hunter.

Do you actually think the suppressor succeeds these products as far as advantage is concerned ?

I know when they were created. And yes we as hunters already use a ton of technology. Thats why my post said the line has to be drawn somewhere. All the things you mention are already legal. I am saving up to buy one right now for the hogs. I just dont see the need to hunt deer with them. Thats just my opinion.

Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: BOONER] #2927397 01/13/12 06:25 PM
S
Sami Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
I know when they were created. And yes we as hunters already use a ton of technology. Thats why my post said the line has to be drawn somewhere. All the things you mention are already legal. I am saving up to buy one right now for the hogs. I just dont see the need to hunt deer with them. Thats just my opinion.

How does it help the hunter better harvest an animal? I don't think they will care if they hear the shot or not when they already have been hit with the bullet. I would much rather have a suppressor on my deer rifle than wear mufflers, whether I am stalking or at a stand. It is a device to prevent hearing loss, nothing more. Like others have already stated, a suppressed rifle is not silent. Even a small game animal like deer will require a supersonic load for reliable kill and those shots are still fairly loud.

Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: Sami] #2927648 01/13/12 07:59 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Sami

How does it help the hunter better harvest an animal? I don't think they will care if they hear the shot or not when they already have been hit with the bullet. I would much rather have a suppressor on my deer rifle than wear mufflers, whether I am stalking or at a stand. It is a device to prevent hearing loss, nothing more. Like others have already stated, a suppressed rifle is not silent. Even a small game animal like deer will require a supersonic load for reliable kill and those shots are still fairly loud.

Where did I say a silencer would help a hunter harvest an animal? I have shot many and know they are not silent. Built hundreds for Johns Guns when I worked in the machine shop. Like I said I just do not see the need for one when deer hunting.

Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: BOONER] #2927658 01/13/12 08:02 PM
S
Sami Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S

Where did I say a silencer would help a hunter harvest an animal?

Then what exactly did you mean by this?

Quote:
I think the line on technology and deer hunting has to be drawn somewhere. Whats next, killing an entire group with a wide beamed laser.

Like I said I just do not see the need for one when deer hunting.

You might not see it, but my ears hear it.

Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: BOONER] #2927664 01/13/12 08:04 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Oh and Sami since you know everything you should also know that it does NOT take a supersonic load to reliably kill a deer.

Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: BOONER] #2927699 01/13/12 08:12 PM
S
Sami Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Oh and Sami since you know everything you should also know that it does NOT take a supersonic load to reliably kill a deer.

At least you got one thing right. I however don't plan to hunt with large diameter bullets so I personally would still use supersonic loads. There really is no valid reason not to allow suppressors for hunting game.

Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: Sami] #2928299 01/13/12 11:06 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
What did I get wrong, an opinion? LMFAO. What valid reason do you have for using supressors to hunt DEER?

Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: BOONER] #2928384 01/13/12 11:46 PM
S
Sami Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
What did I get wrong, an opinion? LMFAO. What valid reason do you have for using supressors to hunt DEER?

Simple. To prevent hearing loss. What more do you need?

Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: Sami] #2928646 01/14/12 01:23 AM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Sami

Simple. To prevent hearing loss. What more do you need?

LOL!!! That is what ear plugs/muffs are for.

Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: BOONER] #2928647 01/14/12 01:24 AM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
You have to have something a little better than that.

Re: SILENCER USE...FOR HUNTING TEXAS GAME ANIMALS? ***JAN 26*** [Re: BOONER] #2928984 01/14/12 03:49 AM
P
pigplinker Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
I support the use of a can. Just think of the economy boost and help the U.S. pay it's depts with the extra taxes. Sounds like a Win Win. Smokem if you got'em.

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide