Forums46
Topics539,250
Posts9,747,381
Members87,148
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: txshntr] #2865033 12/23/11 06:53 PM
M
Milanotx Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M
You have got to be joking, 300 acres is not a small piece of land, one might get use to hearing and reading about these thousands of acres on a hunting lease, what if there is not any land larger than 300 acres all around you for miles and miles

Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: Milanotx] #2865061 12/23/11 07:05 PM
D
Dustnsand Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I feel sorry for some people on these threads. rolleyes

Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: Dustnsand] #2865089 12/23/11 07:26 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
300 acres is tiny... I wouldn't be caught hunting a place that small, it's unethical, greedy and if I shot more than a deer or 2 a season I'd give the neighbor reason to fence me out.

Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: rifleman] #2865117 12/23/11 07:37 PM
T
TF Panther Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I will only Hunt HF, now. After I saw someone talk about me not getting the Best Bike for Xmas from mommy and daddy, I am too ashamed to hunt a LF.......Just one problem is they are expensive, because shooting a caged animal should be, so I will have to start stealing Feeders, Stands, Game Cams etc, in order to afford it. I apologize in advance and I have never been to the county that your stuff is missing from, my wife and girlfriend will swear to it. At seperate times of course!

Before anyone freaks out I hate LF and HF with equal enthusiasm. I only hunt designated lanes usually marked by a sign in one of two ways. FM or CR.

Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: rifleman] #2865119 12/23/11 07:37 PM
P
pokerj2 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
popcorn

President of American Entitlements LLC
Health insurance agency focusing in all ages from ACA plans all the way through Medicare.
Office is based in Wylie, TX
We have local agents in both Texas and Louisiana
469-814-0289
Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: pokerj2] #2865121 12/23/11 07:37 PM
P
pokerj2 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
180 acres in west texas is better than 300 in east tx

President of American Entitlements LLC
Health insurance agency focusing in all ages from ACA plans all the way through Medicare.
Office is based in Wylie, TX
We have local agents in both Texas and Louisiana
469-814-0289
Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: rifleman] #2865131 12/23/11 07:40 PM
M
Milanotx Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M
300 acres might seem tiny to you, but some people would love to have a place that size to hunt, and if you think that you are to good to hunt on 300 acres that is your opinion, dont look down to someone that would do it!

Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: Milanotx] #2865166 12/23/11 07:55 PM
N
Nightlight Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
N
300 acres is way too big! I like to hunt 5-7 acres (just enough for stand, feeder and a shooting lane) in between two nice properties. That way its like hunting 2 fence lines and you can shoot any deer that walks through!

Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: Nightlight] #2865698 12/23/11 11:31 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Most guys who have 300 acres high fence it, and then then put up a low fence crossfence, just so they can hunt that low fence and say their deer are free range.

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: Jimbo] #2865728 12/23/11 11:44 PM
Grizz Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Jimbo
Most guys who have 300 acres high fence it, and then then put up a low fence crossfence, just so they can hunt that low fence and say their deer are free range.

That's a good idea! The cross fence would serve as a photo back drop for evidence that the deer was killed on a LF property.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: Grizz] #2865734 12/23/11 11:47 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
You guys are coming up with some good stuff here.

Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: don k] #2865746 12/23/11 11:51 PM
W
wrknonit Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
Originally Posted By: don k
I think people that shoot deer in low fences should have to reimburse those of us who have high fences. Low fence people have other low fence people helping out on their feed bill. High fence people have to foot the complete bill of feeding so it is not fair.

I think people who put up high fences should have to reimburse the hunters of the great state of texas for denying them access to the STATE OWNED WILDLIFE that they shut up inside their fences. I love low fence/free ranging deer. I feel they are more crafty and challenging to hunt. They are not specialty fed, selectively bred, immunized and socialized to the presence of humans and their feed trucks coming and going, making them about half tame. When I take a "decent size" free range/low fence deer, I feel I've accomplished something. In my humble yet firmly held conviction. Nothing against yall with high fences, but I prefer them wild and totally free.
texas
P.S. My sarcasm metter works just fine.

Last edited by wrknonit; 12/23/11 11:55 PM.

always room for another buddy!

Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: Grizz] #2865773 12/23/11 11:57 PM
M
mark in tx Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
I sell high fences for a living, and I'm tired of all these cheap people that say all they can afford is a low fence. Well, I got bills to pay too. It takes 3 low fences to pay for my vacation condo on south padre island. Do you know it takes 3 times as much work to sell 3 low fences? Some people just don't appreciate that my time is valuable too. I almost missed out on going to Hawaii last month because off all these low fence phone calls. And it's always some dirt road you gotta go to find these people, I hate having to wash the dust off my Porsche. You would think with all that money these people are saving with a low fence they could at least pave the damn driveway so I can park the car in a dry space. Sheesh.

Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: wrknonit] #2865781 12/24/11 12:01 AM
D
Dustnsand Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: wrknonit
I think people that shoot deer in low fences should have to reimburse those of us who have high fences. Low fence people have other low fence people helping out on their feed bill. High fence people have to foot the complete bill of feeding so it is not fair.

I think people who put up high fences should have to reimburse the hunters of the great state of texas for denying them access to the STATE OWNED WILDLIFE that they shut up inside their fences. I love low fence/free ranging deer. I feel they are more crafty and challenging to hunt. They are not specialty fed, selectively bred, immunized and socialized to the presence of humans and their feed trucks coming and going, making them about half tame. When I take a "decent size" free range/low fence deer, I feel I've accomplished something. In my humble yet firmly held conviction. Nothing against yall with high fences, but I prefer them wild and totally free.
texas

crying

Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: Dustnsand] #2865813 12/24/11 12:16 AM
W
wrknonit Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
Originally Posted By: z71dustin
Originally Posted By: wrknonit

texas

crying
stir

always room for another buddy!

Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: wrknonit] #2865858 12/24/11 12:37 AM
L
LandPirate Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
High fences make road hunting at night easier. I cut a hole in the fence and then throw out some corn in the bar ditch, at the hole. It helps me to narrow my search for that big one.

Mike
Buda, Tx
Hunt near Freer
Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: LandPirate] #2865884 12/24/11 12:48 AM
M
mmlreiner Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
I don't say much on THF because no one really listens anyway but I have to tell you guys that THIS THREAD ROCKS! It's keeping me from running traffic lol

Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: mmlreiner] #2865914 12/24/11 01:01 AM
F
Fatalwishes' Wife Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
F
I prefer low fence because I can cross it when the neighbor isn't there, shoot the deer on his land with my AR then drag it to may side and get it over the fence to fulfill my needs.

Then I can charge money and have 10 people per acre hunting on my land on opening day and shoot all the deer on my land.

Once all the deer in the area dead and gone I can laugh as my neighbor is forced to spend 20k to fence in his land to protect him against people like me.

You do know all low fence hunters are like me. I mean that is why High Fences are going up eveywhere. All the low fence hunters are alike.

Now, if you are young, you can shoot any size deer you want. I see them posted here all the time and people cheer them on.

Yet if an adult is shown with a small deer they are a low fence a-h0le hunter and only a High Fence is going to rectify that situation.

Seriously....

I wished this was Montana where High Fence hunting was outlawed because it is considered unethical.

Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: Fatalwishes' Wife] #2865982 12/24/11 01:27 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Well you can cross NM and CO off your list of future places to hunt since the state owns the majority of hf

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: pokerj2] #2866015 12/24/11 01:40 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: pokerj2
180 acres in west texas is better than 300 in east tx

I have changed my opinion...going to have to agree with this ^^^^ grin

I do feel sorry for some of the new folks that have missed out on the previous threads...not really, because they add to the entertainment up

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: Fatalwishes' Wife] #2866060 12/24/11 01:53 AM
G
grout-scout Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: Fatalwishes
I prefer low fence because I can cross it shoot the deer on his land with my AR then drag it to may side .

Seriously....

I wished this was Montana where High Fence hunting was outlawed because it is considered unethical.

Well, why don't you move to an ethical state then? Is baiting allowed there? Sounds like the perfect fit for a real big game hunter such as yourself.

Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: grout-scout] #2866070 12/24/11 01:56 AM
L
LandPirate Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted By: grout-scout
I prefer low fence because I can cross it shoot the deer on his land with my AR then drag it to may side .

Seriously....

Well, why don't you move to an ethical state then? Is baiting allowed there? Sounds like the perfect fit for a real big game hunter such as yourself.

No, they can't "bait". They can, however, hunt over a planted crop, all the while looking down their noses at us because we use a corn feeder. Only difference I see is that they plant and grow bait while we have to buy it and spread it.

Mike
Buda, Tx
Hunt near Freer
Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: grout-scout] #2866096 12/24/11 02:08 AM
F
Fatalwishes' Wife Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
F

Seriously....

And miss out on watching you spend your hard earned money on a pet to lie about how you hunted it?

Not a chance. Too much entertainment down here.

I'll never be able to compete with an expert zoo tycoon shooter like you. But I can sit back and laugh.

Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: LandPirate] #2866099 12/24/11 02:09 AM
G
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: LandPirate

Seriously....

No, they can't "bait". They can, however, hunt over a planted crop, all the while looking down their noses at us because we use a corn feeder. Only difference I see is that they plant and grow bait while we have to buy it and spread it.

Amen, funny isn't it? I bet it they legalized baiting/feeders all over the country their attitude would change in a second.

Now how do we go about getting AR's legalized in every county in Texas and how do we get low fences banned so I can quit hitting deer on the highways? Well except for the few that Pirate is letting out with his hole cutting. banana2

Re: How do you guys feel about Low Fence? [Re: grout-scout] #2866102 12/24/11 02:10 AM
G
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
G
Hey Fatal, I don't have a HF ranch but if I could afford to I certainly would. I have the type of neighbors that are the reasons HF's were started in the first place. It would cost me $26k just for one side of our place, no thanks, I'll sell it to some other poor sucker.

Last edited by grout-scout; 12/24/11 02:11 AM.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide