Print Thread
Gunmaster in Plano #282434 12/23/07 12:15 AM
J
jmac Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Last summer, I took in a 17 enfield rifle in to get some work done on the mounts to gunmaster. They gave us an estimate on the price and said it would be done in about 10 weeks. Well, we got the rifle back yesterday, about 5 months after we took it in. Lo and behold, when we go to install the scope, the forward mount is loose. I assume its no big deal, just that we need to tighten the forward mounting screws. I begin to tighten it, and find that the drilling is stripped. It wouldn't have been possible for a competent gunsmith to notice this. After having to wait much longer than I was told, and the fact that the smith did a shoddy job, I recommend that you do not take any firearm there to be worked on.

James

Re: Gunmaster in Plano [Re: jmac] #282435 12/23/07 01:35 AM
P
pyledriver Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
That sucks! Usually Kent does good work..sometimes slow, but good! Have you taken the rifle back? I understand your frustration, but you should at least make him fix it right so you don't have to pay somebody else.

Try Doc's in Carrollton if you need somebody in the future. I'm not sure what his workload is like, but he's known for great work. I have a 7-08 that he worked over and it's SWEET!

"Providence protects children and idiots. I know because I have tested it" -Mark Twain

Re: Gunmaster in Plano [Re: pyledriver] #282436 12/23/07 03:01 AM
T
TEXASLEFTY Offline
THF Whiskey Sommelier
THF Whiskey Sommelier
T
I have heard bad things about that place also but, you should atleast give them a chance to make it right

Originally Posted by Chunky Monkey
Never been to a camping world. I prefer Dick's to be honest.
Re: Gunmaster in Plano [Re: pyledriver] #282437 12/23/07 02:40 PM
Greg Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
DOC'S. Go to him once and you will never go anywhere else. I am a big fan.

Re: Gunmaster in Plano [Re: Greg] #282438 12/23/07 09:07 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
+1 on Doc's! ...and tell the grumpy ole fart that Ron at Texoma said hello!!

He is a black and white kinda guy...if he sez he can fix it he'll fix it right...or he won't take without giving you the odd's it'll be correct the first time.

Li'l white house at the corner of Broadway & Sandy Lake/Keller Springs across't the street from the water plant 1 exit south of the Bush Tollway and east 1 block.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Gunmaster in Plano [Re: jmac] #282439 12/26/07 01:32 AM
L
Lipan Creep Offline
Tracker
Tracker
L
I went to Gunmasters to get a trigger job done on my 7-08. I told them that I wanted 2lbs and he went on a tirade about 2 lbs being too dangerous for me. GIVE ME A BREAK BUDDY. I went to Docs and he did it no problem and within a week.

I reccomend DOCS.

Last edited by Joseph; 12/26/07 01:33 AM.
Re: Gunmaster in Plano [Re: Lipan Creep] #282440 12/29/07 09:38 PM
J
John Joel Glanton Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J
I have had several very bad experiences at Gunmaster in Plano. They act like they are doing you a favor to even be open or to show you a firearm. Several other shooters I know have told me that Gunmaster's staff have to "warm up to you" over several transactions or several months. Meanwhile, they act snobby and sometimes even hateful. This is unacceptable behavior. If a customer is polite and is looking to spend some money in their shop, they should reciprocate with a good attitude....but Gunmaster doesn't. Their prices aren't low enough for me to put up with their arrogant attitude. They need to remember that the customer is the reason for their business. They aren't doing me any favors just by having the door open. They have been rude to me several times even though I was making purchases and being respectful. Never again. From now on, if I need reloading equipment or supplies, I order it from Midway USA or I drive over to Sportsman's Warehouse. The drive to Lewisville is worth it.

If I need gunsmithing work done, I go to Doc's in Carrollton. He does excellent work and is dependable.

Re: Gunmaster in Plano [Re: John Joel Glanton] #282441 12/29/07 11:35 PM
D
daveblank Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
I have dealt with them on a few occasions & have always had good service.

Re: Gunmaster in Plano [Re: daveblank] #282442 12/30/07 01:20 AM
J
John Joel Glanton Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J
Quote:

I have dealt with them on a few occasions & have always had good service.

I believe you. Some of my friends have said the same thing but they also have acknowledged that for some strange reason, the staff there seems to either like you or hate you based on some unknown first impression parameters. If they like you, you get good service. If they don't like you, you get treated badly. How one is treated in there apparently has very little to do with one's behavior or how much money one is spending. For every acquaintance that I know who says they have had good service there, there's another person who talks about how rudely they were treated. Even fans of the store have admitted that other customers are treated badly but cannot figure out why.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide