Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics539,536
Posts9,750,773
Members87,166
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Gunsmith wouldn't do the trigger on my new pro hunter #2799357 12/01/11 03:58 AM
B
BruiserOutlaw Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
B
He said that T/C says it is unsafe.. BLAH BLAH BLAH..

Guess I am stuck with this hard sucker

When in doubt.. Empty the magazine
Re: Gunsmith wouldn't do the trigger on my new pro hunter [Re: BruiserOutlaw] #2799395 12/01/11 04:08 AM
Q
quackaholic1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Q
I sent my first Encore to Bullberry. If I remember right they charge around $50. They took mine down to 2 lbs. They do great work. One thing to know tho is that if you ever send your gun back to T/C they will remove the trigger and put a new factory trigger in it and will not send you the trigger back.

Re: Gunsmith wouldn't do the trigger on my new pro hunter [Re: quackaholic1] #2799457 12/01/11 04:34 AM
B
BruiserOutlaw Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
B
Originally Posted By: quackaholic1
I sent my first Encore to Bullberry. If I remember right they charge around $50. They took mine down to 2 lbs. They do great work. One thing to know tho is that if you ever send your gun back to T/C they will remove the trigger and put a new factory trigger in it and will not send you the trigger back.

I read where thompson said they will set it back to factory but will send back you components..

I love the rifle, but the trigger is a bit much.. How you like it with the new trigger?

Re: Gunsmith wouldn't do the trigger on my new pro hunter [Re: BruiserOutlaw] #2800053 12/01/11 02:19 PM
V
vanguard Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
V
Originally Posted By: BruiserOutlaw
He said that T/C says it is unsafe.. BLAH BLAH BLAH..

Guess I am stuck with this hard sucker

No its because its a single shot, I ran into the same problem, a single shot actually requires gunsmithing and they hate that, they want to turn a couple screws on a remington trigger and call it a trigger job.

Call around I found a gunsmith that was actually willing to gunsmith, got my single shot down to 2.5 lbs.one thing thats good about a single shot is there is never any creep.

Re: Gunsmith wouldn't do the trigger on my new pro hunter [Re: vanguard] #2800761 12/01/11 06:11 PM
P
psycho0819 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
I will second the Bullberry reference. I got my whole Encore from them, and ordered a 2lb trigger for it. It is exactly what I wanted. No creep, clean break, and 2lbs. They do awesome work.

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without conviction.

The end of the world began the day it was created, and life is a sexually transmitted terminal disease.

Re: Gunsmith wouldn't do the trigger on my new pro hunter [Re: BruiserOutlaw] #2808925 12/04/11 11:11 PM
Q
quackaholic1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Q

I read where thompson said they will set it back to factory but will send back you components..

I love the rifle, but the trigger is a bit much.. How you like it with the new trigger?

You might be right on sending your components back to you. Its been a while since we had it done. The trigger we selected was to be set @ 2 lbs and when we received it and checked it went off ay exactly 2 lbs. No creep, and no overtravel. There may be someone on here that can do them too but Bullberry has a great reputation and they do great work IMO. If memory servers me correctly they will go as low as 1.5 lbs. Good Luck

Re: Gunsmith wouldn't do the trigger on my new pro hunter [Re: quackaholic1] #2813675 12/06/11 06:47 AM
B
BruiserOutlaw Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
B

You might be right on sending your components back to you. Its been a while since we had it done. The trigger we selected was to be set @ 2 lbs and when we received it and checked it went off ay exactly 2 lbs. No creep, and no overtravel. There may be someone on here that can do them too but Bullberry has a great reputation and they do great work IMO. If memory servers me correctly they will go as low as 1.5 lbs. Good Luck

Wow... Might just have to ship it..
Hell I live in Houston.. You would think there would be something local, but I am out of the loop and the first place I went wouldn't do it and hammered on my XD subcompact like it was a 2x4

Re: Gunsmith wouldn't do the trigger on my new pro hunter [Re: BruiserOutlaw] #2816429 12/07/11 03:44 AM
Q
quackaholic1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Q
You might PM Andrew-Stone Chimney on here. Hes a little closer around Tyler I think he might can do it for you.

Re: Gunsmith wouldn't do the trigger on my new pro hunter [Re: quackaholic1] #2816862 12/07/11 06:31 AM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
Not sure what Smackindoes wound up doing with his Prohunter, might check with him. There is a link to a how to for the TC products and within that link a place that sells the parts necessary and instructions on how to do a trigger job. Other than those I would turn to Bullberry or EABCO for the work. Of the gunsmith shop listed in the link posted within this thread

http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u...hun#Post2576609

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: Gunsmith wouldn't do the trigger on my new pro hunter [Re: kmon11] #2816933 12/07/11 11:54 AM
A
Andrew-Stone Chimney Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Yep, we can do it.

Class 07/02 Manufacturer.
Stone Chimney Creek Trading Co, LLC

Re: Gunsmith wouldn't do the trigger on my new pro hunter [Re: Andrew-Stone Chimney] #2817342 12/07/11 03:01 PM
C
C B Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
I ordered a trigger spring kit from Mike Belm and installed it myself. I just watched his step by step video and did it. I could only get it down to 3 lbs, any light and it requires actual gunsmithing to change the angle of the sear. But 3 lbs was alot better than the 8 lbs trigger is came with.

http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/

Re: Gunsmith wouldn't do the trigger on my new pro hunter [Re: C B] #2817628 12/07/11 04:21 PM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
Originally Posted By: C B
I ordered a trigger spring kit from Mike Belm and installed it myself. I just watched his step by step video and did it. I could only get it down to 3 lbs, any light and it requires actual gunsmithing to change the angle of the sear. But 3 lbs was alot better than the 8 lbs trigger is came with.

For a hunting rifle I prefer a crisp 2.5 to 3lb trigger, I want to be able to feel the trigger when cold and wearing gloves.

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: Gunsmith wouldn't do the trigger on my new pro hunter [Re: kmon11] #2818032 12/07/11 06:39 PM
B
BruiserOutlaw Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
B
Originally Posted By: kmon1
Originally Posted By: C B

For a hunting rifle I prefer a crisp 2.5 to 3lb trigger, I want to be able to feel the trigger when cold and wearing gloves.

3 pounds would be perfect... My trigger now feels like it its about 7.. While shooting the thing I kinda got used to it, but I think a lighter one will help it...

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide