Forums46
Topics539,513
Posts9,750,565
Members87,166
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: the reason you dont take out newbies [Re: wal1809] #2795211 11/30/11 01:15 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Ducknbass

Yes I know where i was hunting, and I learned from somebody elses mistake, not my fault, I was on the good side of the coin.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: the reason you dont take out newbies [Re: Hopedale] #2795213 11/30/11 01:16 AM
T
theGreenAggie Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Originally Posted By: Hopedale
Seems like this comes up every year. There is nothing wrong with taking someone new, and I hope folks don't stop.

You, as the experienced hunter, should take someone new to a well known public spot. One that that anyone with Google Earth could find, and show them the ropes.

And do them a favor, let them know they can hunt there all they want, and show them what makes the spot worth hunting, besides easy access.

Yes, if you're shown a spot, you respect it and don't hunt it without permission. And you don't bring someone new along to the "X!" 2cents

Agreed. The referenced person in the original post simply has no respect and those actions do catch up with him occasionally (this is probably one of those guys who always complains about how they have terrible luck and bad things happen to them)

That being said, there is a difference between disrespect and ignorance of hunting etiquette.

The only friends that I have who express interest in hunting complain about not having enough money for it (although they have plenty of money for their bar tabs... confused). If it wasn't for you guys on this forum educating me (both online and in person), I wouldn't have any clue how to scout, what gear I need, when to show up and set up at the spot, how to learn the different species, how far to be from other hunters, etc.

So to you experienced hunters who lend a hand in mentoring the newbies - thanks!

And sorry you have to deal with the occasional jack***

Re: the reason you dont take out newbies [Re: theGreenAggie] #2795226 11/30/11 01:19 AM
W
Wilfred Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
You can't say *** unless it is the donkey kind

Re: the reason you dont take out newbies [Re: Ridn9high] #2795227 11/30/11 01:19 AM
A
agsellers04 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
This one blew up just as I'd hoped it would...

Re: the reason you dont take out newbies [Re: IronSpikeLabs] #2795271 11/30/11 01:29 AM
S
Shl0g Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Originally Posted By: IronSpikeLabs
Don't know why it's all being dumped on 'newbies.' I've seen folks who've been hunting for years do the same thing - and they surely know other places to hunt, so there is NO excuse for that. Being new to a sport somehow renders a person void of all morality and ethics? I think it's more that involvement in a sport will quickly divulge a person's true values, morals and ethics - and whether they are more interested in "winning at any cost" than playing fair.

I've taken several newbies and don't remember any of them ever doing such things. They made other mistakes, like sleeping in & showing up late - or not at all, skyblasting, shooting my deeks, causing the ducks to flare, etc. But they've not intentionally tried to deceive/cheat me after I've shown them a nice spot (not "my" spot, as it's public land.) I've had that sort of 'pleasure' only with experienced duck hunters - along with things such as letting their dogs run wild, wasting game because it wasn't an 'ego' bird, shooting at ducks from a moving boat, motoring thru someone else's spread, shooting a roost, overhunting a spot - and more.

It all comes down the the caliber of the individuals themselves. Some folks have a code of ethics, some don't... whether they are new to duck hunting or not.

Well, I saw this thing last night and WOW....this is great entertainment!!!!

After reading what seemed like hours....I like ISL post, very classy and somethng that I agree with completely.

DFD me

Re: the reason you dont take out newbies [Re: Shl0g] #2795299 11/30/11 01:35 AM
W
Wilfred Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Thats quacktastic

Re: the reason you dont take out newbies [Re: Wilfred] #2795318 11/30/11 01:40 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Thats IT !! i am calling my lawyer

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: the reason you dont take out newbies [Re: beaversnipe] #2795328 11/30/11 01:42 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Next time pepperspray them just like that wallmart chick wife

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: the reason you dont take out newbies [Re: agsellers04] #2795329 11/30/11 01:42 AM
W
wal1809 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: agsellers04
This one blew up just as I'd hoped it would...

This one was quacktacular!! I thought all we needed was beer. How could I forget? All we need now is a midget cheers

Re: the reason you dont take out newbies [Re: wal1809] #2795341 11/30/11 01:45 AM
W
Wilfred Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
I know a great real estate lawyer

Re: the reason you dont take out newbies [Re: Wilfred] #2795375 11/30/11 01:53 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
We might need a divorce lawyer

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: the reason you dont take out newbies [Re: beaversnipe] #2795387 11/30/11 01:57 AM
Y
Yegua lab Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Y
This is why I get paid to take people. One, they can't out bid me for my spots, two, I've already got their money. If they are true to the sport, they become season leasors, if not, they are day hunters. Sorry long day, I just like to read ya'lls post, not really ever make statement. But, what happen in the begining of the post, that would make me mad!! Now I know, not ever one can afford a season lease. But ya'll still love to chase those feathers. I feel for ya. I wish everybody, would honor everyone in this great sport. I hope and pray for all to have a great second half duck season. For one reason, we are all here on this web site, because we love to hunt those birds. Best wishes to each and everyone. I think this is the longest thing I've ever posted here. Best wishes and hammer time for ya'll.

Last edited by Yegua lab; 11/30/11 02:07 AM.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9
Re: the reason you dont take out newbies [Re: RDunlevy] #2795398 11/30/11 01:59 AM
S
svedbygrace1987 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: RDunlevy
I was with Kellygunners buddy...it was actually a guy who contacted me through a post about newbies...He had invited me to hunt with him a couple times...Then he proceeded to almost run me and the guy and his dog who I was hunting with...I have a picture of him with his tailgate full of ducks from that day...I really hope that if he is on here he will fess up and realize what he did was wrong...Ive text him and he "feels he did nothing wrong"...I dont know his username but I do know what truck he drives, his email and his phone number...As much as I would like to share all of this info I am going to take the high road and just take it as a lesson learned...Karma will come back on him...Although at the time I was ready to....well you know...

Mr. Kelly Gunner,

Please get your facts straight if you can't fight the urge to post your cute little story on here, of which I might add is in this case a completely fictional tale... entertaining, but ficitonal. I have no idea who you are and you definitely don't know anything about me. My name is Zach, and I am the guy in the back of that truck in the picture you posted. I would also say that is a little creepy because that is my profile picture on my facebook account so either you our your buddy must have a little too much time on your hands.

The quoted above character is the ever so well raised Ryan Dunlevy. His mother must have not taught him how to talk to or treat other human beings... he is a real class act. Ryan and my "history" if you will has NEVER consisted of anything more than he had my number and I had his via this site. I have invited him hunting, and he has invited me. Neither one of us has taken the other up on the offer yet. Matter of fact, the first face to face encounter I had with Ryan was when my headlamp was shining directly in his face while he went about with his rather colorful rant on how "my friends and me were all f**cking pieces of sh*t" so on and so forth.

The night before the split, my buddy Sean and me went to the lake and saw several people hunting where we had drug a bunch of branches and brush and brushed in a blind. So I texted Ryan and asked if he was at lavon, he said yes and thanked me for making them a blind(?). After that he asked what we were doing in the morning and at that point of the night our buddy Marcus was supposed to be bringing his mud boat up and we were going to go to Fork. That fell through when Marcus didnt have time to bring the boat so we settled late that night on Lavon.

When we pulled up at 3 am, there was Ryan's truck and a Jeep of whose I do not know parked at the bridge (1/2 mile or more from the hunting hole we were headed to) and they were just walking around and putting on waders... So we drove on down the dirt road like we do every single morning to where the walk to the hole is cut down tremendously. We parked, I got out and put on my waders, grabbed my blind bag and gun and started walking to the hole. I heard Ryans truck pull up behind me and when the door slammed he immediately went to cussing everyone out there. He followed me down to the hole which was where we pleasently met. I explained to him that he was welcome to hunt there as well, as neither of us owned the hole. He said we couldn't hide 8 people there, so I offered to drag over more branches and brush in another blind. He less than politely turned down the offer with a few more derogatory comments. After about 10 minutes of telling me how horrible I was and me listing to him cry, he left and cussed out my other two buddies on his way out as well.

I turned my phone on after the hunt only to get about 15-20 texts from him, none of which were pleseant to say the least. (I still have every one of these in my phone if anyone questions my word and would be glad to forward them to you upon receiving a PM). Also, Ryan is the world's hardest man and can't wait to see me out there again because he firmly believes "he should have punched me in my mouth and that I need a good a** whippin."

P.S. -- Mr. Kelly Gunner - I resent the title of the post and the association with your misconstrued story and me being a newbie. I am actually a avid duck hunter and this is not my first rodeo at public grounds.

Lesson to be learned: If you want "your" hold, be in "your" hole. If you know a ton of people are going to show up the last day before the split, don't be jacking around at the truck and get to where you want to hunt. You don't own the lake and you hanging out under the bridge does not guarantee you get to hunt wherever you may please.

** NOTE ** I have NEVER hunted with Kelly Gunner or Ryan Dunlevy - There was no dog outside of the truck when we pulled up anywhere to be found or seen (I am assuming he was kenneled) -- I did not sprint anywhere. I am way too out of shape for that, especially with gear and in waders -- Ryan did not ask us to join him Sunday as the original post states -- Oh and we never "hauled butt" in the truck anywhere, my buddy babies his truck way too much to do that next to a barbed wire fence on a decline.

Also, I know you greenhead purists might be upset at the limit on the tailgate but I for one am quite proud and preciate the publicity.

Good luck to everyone the rest of the season!!

Oh, and for next time. If you were not there in person where an event took place please dont conjure up a bogus post about it KellyGunner.

Thanks,
Zach

Last edited by svedbygrace1987; 11/30/11 02:06 AM.
Re: the reason you dont take out newbies [Re: svedbygrace1987] #2795429 11/30/11 02:05 AM
_
_Lee Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
_
clap

Re: the reason you dont take out newbies [Re: svedbygrace1987] #2795444 11/30/11 02:09 AM
H
Homey da Clown Offline
CTJ
CTJ
H
......and the plot thickens

Here's where you first fouled up....as soon as the assclown got all up in your face you should have told him to STFU and pound sand. I'll be damned I'm gonna puss out and let some douche be in my ear for 10 minutes. You a bigger man than Homeyfucious cuz Homey don't play dat. But then again, Homey don't hang out in Barneyland where sh it like this always goes down.

Last edited by Homey da Clown; 11/30/11 02:15 AM.

R & B Outdoors
Mud Buddy motors/accessories
Gator Trax boats
(512) 826-6200
www.rboutdoors.com
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide