Forums46
Topics538,383
Posts9,736,538
Members87,089
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: let hear some funny stories from the lease. [Re: GUTIT] #2703476 10/29/11 02:47 PM
B
bradshaw02 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Our lease has a room with beds side by side along both walls and a walkway going down the middle. At the time my oldest son was two years old and was good at doing two year old things like climbing things he shouldn't, jumping on furniture, etc. So the night before opening day I had a dream about my son jumping on something and I was reaching for him to get down. I woke from the dream and realized I was reaching over and grabbing the shoulder of the guy in the next bed. I didn't know the guy that well and he never said anything about it but he didn't sleep in the bunk house ever again.

Re: let hear some funny stories from the lease. [Re: bradshaw02] #2705864 10/30/11 08:51 PM
R
Rafter F Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
The house we sleep in has my bed and two bunk beds in one room. My son, BIL and nephew slept in there with me. The next morning as we're all getting up to go out, my nephew in a sleepy five year old voice states to his dad, "there's a lot of farting with hunting daddy"!

[Linked Image]
Re: let hear some funny stories from the lease. [Re: Rafter F] #2707102 10/31/11 04:51 AM
B
Black Smoke Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
We used to hunt on a place near breckenridge and a hard blue northern came in during the night so my dad decides to sit and hunt inside of a set of working pens bout 75 yards from camp he said once he got their nature called this was one of those beans,deer links,jack Daniels the night before kinda things so instead of walking back their was an old shed that the rancher had kept square bales in so he said he eased over cheeks clinched and the door was open nothing unusual well a doe and fawn had gotten in their and needless to say that was one 75 yard walk back to camp he never wants to take again

Last edited by Black Smoke; 10/31/11 04:53 AM.
Re: let hear some funny stories from the lease. [Re: COWDOG] #2708770 10/31/11 08:25 PM
S
Skylar Mac Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: COWDOG
My buddy’s son wanted to go varmint hunting with me and my friend on night. I kept telling my buddy’s son that it happens quickly so be ready!
It was late 2:00amish in the morning and we couldn’t call up anything. He asked what we were doing wrong etc… I told him something besides us has got everything spooked.
He asked “like what?” …I told him I don’t know maybe a “mountain lion” or something….
It was our last set and I was ready for bed. My foxpro was about 40 yards or so near a stand down a steep hill looking down in a CRP field. I told him let’s quit. He agreed.
I told him to go get my foxpro so we could get things packed up. I told him to leave his gun because it was too dark and the footing was not safe to carry a rifle down the hill. (my forward thinking plan not to get shot)
He agreed and set of with his flash light. I waited until he was about 5 feet from the Foxpro and cracked up the volume full blast and belted out a mountain lion scream from the Foxpro.
As it played I screamed to him “GET DOWN” my other buddy up the hill with me fired his pistol a couple of times “away” from us as if he was shooting at an attacking lion….As we all screamed.
My sons friend puckered up…and hit the dirt and screamed like his life was over! The 3 of us laughed so hard we were in tears.

I bet even the devil felt sorry for him.

Originally Posted By: RICK O'SHAY
A couple of times a year I take one of the kids on a "walk about" I'll show (teach them about tracks, rubs and deer POOP)

I like to have some Sugar Babies in my pocket, I reach down like I'm picking up deer poop and pop a few Sugar Babies in my mouth and say " Um these are FRESH!"

WOW, couple of the kids I take out would throw up all over me if I did that.

Originally Posted By: BuckRage
Originally Posted By: cameron00
It would have been awesome if he had just dropped his drawers and blown it out from the top of the tower. Magnificent sight early in the morning.

eeks333 speak for yourself eeks333

Ditto

Originally Posted By: Csddarden
Me and my buddy took his nephew out to try and get some of the hogs that are tearing up the protein in Glasscock County about a month ago. He's in 2nd grade, and patience, well, it's just not his thing. So he asks us what we can do to get the hogs to come in. My buddy looks at his nephew and says "well jake, we have to call them". Jake looks at his uncle and says "how do we do that?" and his uncle says "well, what does a pig sound like?"... lil jake spends the next couple of hours oinking out the blind window. One of the funniest things I've seen.

Two weeks pass... We're back at the Glasscock Ranch and Jake asks his dad to take him out to try and get some hogs. His dad is VERY serious about his hunting and doesnt really tolerate any funny business and especially making sounds while in the blind. He barges into both of our rooms around 4am madder than a bag of cats wanting to know which of us taught his son how to "call" pigs. The laugh was worth the rude awakening.

That's classic, seems like something I would do to my dad, he's the same way, hunting is his church. It's sacred boys, you need to stop jacking around. Hear it all the time.

Re: let hear some funny stories from the lease. [Re: Skylar Mac] #2708806 10/31/11 08:39 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Had to do some paperwork and the toilet was backed up tha night before tha hunt so went and left my buddy a present right below the step of his truck and coverd it up with dirt...you can figure out the rest

Re: let hear some funny stories from the lease. [Re: Navasot] #2708810 10/31/11 08:40 PM
BuckRage Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Navasotbred
Had to do some paperwork and the toilet was backed up tha night before tha hunt so went and left my buddy a present right below the step of his truck and coverd it up with dirt...you can figure out the rest

wtf eewwwwwww

[Linked Image]
Re: let hear some funny stories from the lease. [Re: BuckRage] #2708846 10/31/11 08:48 PM
R
rstewlandman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R

wtf eewwwwwww

welp, theres the Navasota part of you that I knew we would see eventually.... flush

the man at the top of the mountain didn't fall up it
Re: let hear some funny stories from the lease. [Re: rstewlandman] #2708852 10/31/11 08:50 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: rstewlandman

wtf eewwwwwww

welp, theres the Navasota part of you that I knew we would see eventually.... flush

rofl

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide