Forums46
Topics538,460
Posts9,737,343
Members87,089
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: Killshot] #2688861 10/24/11 07:55 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Congrats to him for taking two beautiful bucks.The gangsta' talk IS FUNNY as heck though.I usually don't shoot unless I been sippin on gin and juice-yo,the Gourds style, dawg.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: Erathkid] #2688920 10/24/11 08:14 PM
K
Killshot Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
I wonder if he walked up to the deer and said "Take that Biotch!!"

Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: Killshot] #2688936 10/24/11 08:21 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Killshot
I wonder if he walked up to the deer and said "Take that Biotch!!"

i wonder when the guide asked what he though of the buck, if he reply'd "i got 5 on it"

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: deewayne2003] #2688960 10/24/11 08:31 PM
B
BRODAX Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
B
Thanks for the positive support from some of you guys, but it seems there is a lot of negative criticism on here from several people about someone else positive and memorable experience. Or is it jealousy? I sure hope I am never as negative about someone else's great hunt and down them for it because I may or may not agree with where they hunted, how they hunted, and with what type of weapon they chose to harvest with. It would be nice if the moderators could do something about all the negativity on this forum, cause I sure would like to keep sharing harvest and trail camera pictures on here.

BRODAX Wildlife Solutions, LLC

Zach Willeford
Wildlife Biologist, Owner
903-575-7969
zach@BRODAX.com
www.BRODAX.com

Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: txtrophy85] #2688963 10/24/11 08:32 PM
H
Hunter_Man Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
anyone notice that he has one of those 60 rnd mags in his AR 15 on the bottom pics? i guess in case you miss the big one, he could just "spray and pray" smile if i use my AR for hunting a doe or something, the last thing i want is a huge [censored] mag hanging down below the gun....

Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: Capt. Andrew] #2688974 10/24/11 08:39 PM
E
EchoThumper Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
E
Originally Posted By: andrew mar
no one saw the surefire mag in the last pic... NO one needs 60-100 rounds while deer hunting..

True, but if a herd of hogs showed up it would be handy wink

Gratz to him on the two nice bucks coolpics I just want to know if its LF since its over 7k acres it doesn't have to be HF and that would mean he could put it in B&C.

Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: BRODAX] #2688980 10/24/11 08:41 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: BRODAX
Thanks for the positive support from some of you guys, but it seems there is a lot of negative criticism on here from several people about someone else positive and memorable experience. Or is it jealousy? I sure hope I am never as negative about someone else's great hunt and down them for it because I may or may not agree with where they hunted, how they hunted, and with what type of weapon they chose to harvest with. It would be nice if the moderators could do something about all the negativity on this forum, cause I sure would like to keep sharing harvest and trail camera pictures on here.

make no mistake, i havn't a problem one with when, why, how or where the deer was harvested.

its a, actually both are great bucks!

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: BRODAX] #2688999 10/24/11 08:46 PM
H
Hogslayer5L Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H

I have n problem with the hunter at all. Congradulations to him and i hope he loved ecery second of the hunt... But the blatant commercializing of the pics( the sign for the ranch) is nauseating to me. And to play it off like it was a tough hunt sent me over the edge. Sorry if I offended the hunter. Again, congradulations to him on some beautiful deer.

Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: Hogslayer5L] #2689013 10/24/11 08:51 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Being negative towards anyones deer wether its a 1.5 8 pt or 200in deer.
Is sad and sickening. Again this is not a debate thread.

To the Hunter and guide congrats

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: BOBO the Clown] #2689023 10/24/11 08:55 PM
K
Killshot Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
That deer was apparently wearing a blue bandanna when he should have been wearing red, so he got blasted, yo!

Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: BRODAX] #2689025 10/24/11 08:56 PM
B
bubbagunn Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B

I think a lot of people are just jealous. Congrats to Mr. Davis! I personally couldn't afford a hunt like that but if I could I would probably be one of your best customers!! I'll never criticize a hunter for the weapon or clothes he chooses, more people dress like that guy than dress like me. I'm sure they think I dress funny in my old wore out boots and jeans!

Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: bubbagunn] #2689149 10/24/11 09:39 PM
M
mrpage25 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Rollin to my deer blind, smokin indo, sipin on gin and juice, laid back... with my mind on my money, and my money on the ground... Laid Back...

Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: bubbagunn] #2689161 10/24/11 09:45 PM
L
LandPirate Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
Heluva buck. Congrats to the hunter and guide alike.

I've been hunting a long time. I like hunting big bucks. In order to hunt big bucks you gotta hunt where they live. These landowners obviously did something right in their management plan to grow big deer.

If I had to spend the rest of my life hunting deer that never have a chance to get more than 3 years old or struggle to barely make AR's and then get blasted, I'd rather not hunt. I'd sell my hunting gear and focus on saltwater fishing.

Thank God that there are managers and landowners willing to put forth the effort to grow big deer.

Mike
Buda, Tx
Hunt near Freer
Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: BRODAX] #2689163 10/24/11 09:46 PM
D
Dude Briggs Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D

Id ge the same response from another crowd if I had all my camo stuff on and went and bought a recording studio and released a rap album and showed everybody how bad@$$ I was. just sayin

Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: Capt. Andrew] #2689174 10/24/11 09:47 PM
H
Hill Country Hunter Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: andrew mar
no one saw the surefire mag in the last pic... NO one needs 60-100 rounds while deer hunting..

It depends how close to Mexico.

Psalm 3:3 - But you, O LORD, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high.
Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: bubbagunn] #2689181 10/24/11 09:49 PM
E
Enter Standman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
I try not to get involved with such debates, but I know a guy that killed a 13 point when we were just teenagers. He is a damn fine hunter and used his skill and persistence to bag the monster. His buck was the talk of the town for many years. Today, that buck probably wouldn't even raise an eyebrow, and that's ashame. More because I am remembering the good old days and that means that I am old.
My stepson killed a 160 something deer on a guided hunt last year from a truck not :30 minutes into his trip. For me, hunting is not about the trophy, it is the experience and the effort and the mistakes and the learning, well you get the idea.

It's not nice to make fun of people and belittle them. The hunting community should know that if it isn't something you would say to a man's face, then it is probably a bad idea to do it on a message board. Having said that, the one about the blunt cover scent was genius.

Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: Killshot] #2689182 10/24/11 09:50 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
So if you don't wear boots, camo, and wranglers or some other similiar type of jeans you aren't a "hunter" and if you happen to be wearing a rockstar hat you are "gangster". I guess I learn something new everyday.

Congrats to the hunter on two awesome bucks

Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: Texas Heat] #2689191 10/24/11 09:52 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: Texas Heat
Sounds like an extremely hard hunt by a highly skilled hunter.

So you sitting in a blind waiting for a deer to come to the feeder in a LF place makes you a great hunter? rofl

Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: Dustnsand] #2689203 10/24/11 09:58 PM
D
deewayne2003 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Bottom line is that he can wear what ever clothes he wants and shoot his deer with what ever he wants. You dont have to wear redneck atire to be a hunter and to each his own on how he hunts.
But at the same time if he was surounded by some texas hunting buddies instead of paid guides he might take some ribbing as well.

Congrats to him for his success in business and hunt.

However I see the commercialization of hunting going to far, if you manage your herd for the optimum then good for you. IF your buying bucks with ear tags and releasing them to be shot at a later date....Then I see it as more of a cattle ranching operation.

As far as the jealousy ...Some people might drive around in a yellow bently with 22" wheels and purple chasis lights; but if I dont do it its not because im jealous.

Last edited by deewayne2003; 10/24/11 09:59 PM.
Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: Enter Standman] #2689206 10/24/11 10:01 PM
L
LandPirate Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
Yeah, I remember them good ol' days. I remember hunting Llano and Mason Counties as a kid. I remember hunting before corn feeders became all the craze. I remember getting excited if you saw a 6 point. An 8 point or a 10 point was a really special treat back then and only happened once every few years. Wow, I long for the return of those days.

I'm glad that most hunters, or at least a good number of them, are willing to let young bucks walk nowadays. I'm glad that the old timers changed their minds when it came to killing does. I'm glad that we now have conservative minded hunters and we have a real chance at killing a decent buck.

And I'm glad that some folks put up high fences and fed the heck out of the deer to show the rest of us what is possible if follow a few similple conservation and management principles.

No, I don't miss the "Good Ol' Days".

Mike
Buda, Tx
Hunt near Freer
Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: LandPirate] #2689215 10/24/11 10:03 PM
J
JWP58 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J
yo yo dawg, thats a bomb diggity HF deer.

dats a sweet heater too yo....

Bet he had to "make it rain" after shooting that deer.

Re: Tommy Davis harvests monster buck on BROSECO Ranch! [Re: Hogslayer5L] #2689218 10/24/11 10:05 PM
M
MattJackson Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M
Gangsta Gangsta!!!! Sorry to "hate" but I'm a West TX boy that's hunted all my life, and I adhere to the "West Texas Dress Code"... I could certainly be wrong, but when I see this photo I see a thug/skata with $$$ or connections. This guy looks like someone who has no grasp on the significance of this animal! Seeing this guy dressed the way he is along side something we all spend countless hours and money to encounter literally makes me ill. Not trying to offend anyone but hey! This is TEXAS hunting forum correct? Not Comptonhuntingforum.... Trophies like this should go to people like my father or others that have paid years of dues, and have more respect for the outdoors. Glad you had enough time to pause the 2Pac blaring from your iPhone to take this bruiser...

Live to hunt.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide