Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Feral hog control from a Helicopter #2645642 10/09/11 11:25 PM
RotorHead Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
I represent farmers and ranchers who have a Feral Hog problem. Hogs have taken over in some areas and are causing extreme losses in crops and revenues. These hogs are very prolific and difficult to control. Farmers and ranchers have used various means to control the Feral Hog populations with varying results. Traps, Hunters, night vision goggles and scopes, horseback, ATVs, and other means have been used to try and keep hog populations at acceptable levels. The financial losses and expenses are tremendous. In the past we have used helicopters to carry shooters to the hog targets with good results. The problem is that these helicopters are expensive and expensive to operate consequently, the charges for helicopter use to the farmers and ranchers are prohibitive. Texas Parks and Wildlife regulations in the past prohibited ranchers or helicopter operators from charging hunters to shoot hogs from the helicopters. We had to charge the ranchers for the helicopter use and the rancher had to do the shooting themselves. Recently the Texas Legislature has modified the laws to allow ranchers and landowners to charge individuals to represent them in shooting hogs from the helicopter. This wise decision of the legislature relieves the ranchers and farmers from some of the expense of feral hog control and allows hunters the chance to shoot hogs from a helicopter which is more fun than you can imagine. Search YouTube for hog hunting by helicopter and check out the videos there.
I have experienced helicopter operators who are available to make flights to control hogs. If you think you would be interested in paying to represent one of these land owners to shoot hogs from a helicopter and have the time of your life, contact me for more information. Barnhill_jim@yahoo.com

Re: Feral hog control from a Helicopter [Re: RotorHead] #2645657 10/09/11 11:29 PM
S
Sabine Bottom Boy Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
That looks like great fun just dont want helicopter ever me. Good Luck

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide