Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: stxranchman] #2638584 10/07/11 12:34 AM
T
TAT Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
not trying to knock the product it seems hard to see how having smoke blow towards deer would help your chances. if thats the case i have pack of smokes that will work just fine.

It's not how you fall, It's how you get up.
Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: TAT] #2638624 10/07/11 12:44 AM
D
DeerSmokeScreen.com Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
I have been told that people have mixed results with cig. smoke.

Our product is impregnated with a hardwoods scent, and it is all natural, which is something the animals smell throughout their lives.

It costs about the same as a pack of smokes, but smokes for a longer time.

Why not try both and see what happens?

The indians used smoke for scent control and so do the tribesmen in Africa.

Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: DeerSmokeScreen.com] #2639164 10/07/11 03:12 AM
S
sqiggy Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: DeerSmokeScreen.com
Why not try and see what happens?

And everybody says don't pee around your stand. I busted that myth last year. Made a scrape and used my own pee and caught well over a dozen of deer using that scrape in a single night, which 75% were bucks. All caught on a game cam.
Where can a guy get some of these sticks? I'll try it!!

Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: sqiggy] #2639623 10/07/11 12:43 PM
D
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
We are in stores in Mississippi and around Dallas.

Easiest way to order them is from our website. There is a buy now button and you pay through paypal.

Thanks for the story Sqiggy. That would be an interesting thread for a forum... Myth Busters.

Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: DeerSmokeScreen.com] #2639642 10/07/11 12:54 PM
W
westtexaswatkins Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
"Fact is that it worked for West Texas Watkins even though it was not used correctly"

EXCUSE me but how did I not use it correctly??? confused2

Why don't you post up the list of instructions you were talking about so we can see if I did it wrong. Let the forum be the judge.

Last edited by westtexaswatkins; 10/07/11 12:58 PM.
Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: westtexaswatkins] #2639684 10/07/11 01:10 PM
B
buck-snort Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
looks like there are 2-3 versions of this floating around out there. This looks a little safer as they sell a bucket to burn the sticks in. Note it says "they must be burned in a scent bucket". I still don't think I can convince my land owner punks, cigar / scent ashes dont start fires.

http://www.huntmdown.com/deer_sense_smoking_sticks.html

Last edited by dwalls; 10/07/11 01:25 PM.

Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: westtexaswatkins] #2639732 10/07/11 01:28 PM
D
Woodsman
Woodsman
D

You should keep it right next to you, within reaching distance. Rest it in your crack in your blind where the smoking end is sticking outside of a window, but you can reach up and touch it.

If you are hunting in a tree stand, you should rest the stick in something that is within reach. A crack in the tree, a nook, a cranny... etc.

You actually put it out in front of your stand in the food plot, per your picture and story. That is not the correct way to use it.

The good news is that YES the deer came back, per your story. They would not have come back at all if they would have smelled human odor because, per your story, they were directly downwind.

Like you said, you thought it was a gimmick from the beginning and I think you really didn't want it to work.

You threw insults at me in your previous posts and have tried to negative sell us even though the deer came back.

Fact is that the deer came back, per your story.

Fact is that our videos and success stories don't lie.

Fact is there is a spike in the picture that needs to be shot.

Fact is that Deer Smoke Screen covers human scent just like we said it would.

Good Day

Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: buck-snort] #2639758 10/07/11 01:36 PM
D
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Originally Posted By: dwalls
looks like there are 2-3 versions of this floating around out there. This looks a little safer as they sell a bucket to burn the sticks in. Note it says "they must be burned in a scent bucket". I still don't think I can convince my land owner punks, cigar / scent ashes dont start fires.

http://www.huntmdown.com/deer_sense_smoking_sticks.html

Those claim to be attractants.

Ours is the only true smoke cover scent on the market. We are all natural and don't use any chemicals like their products do. We don't believe that smoke can be used as an attractant. We only replicate mother nature with our patent pending process.

Last edited by DeerSmokeScreen.com; 10/07/11 01:37 PM.
Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: DeerSmokeScreen.com] #2639840 10/07/11 02:07 PM
W
westtexaswatkins Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
HMMMMMM looky what I found in the bottom of the tube. I apologize for saying that the instructions were not in the tube. I opened the top and found the business card. I had to dump all the product out to find the instructions. Here is a photo I took of it.

The part about the "If you are hunting from a blind, place it just outside for best results and easy access" that is what I did, right in front of the blind, maybe not easy access but I don't have a door on that side of the blind.

As far as the spike in the pic, he is a yearling and I don't shoot those. I only tried your product at this stand because I knew I only had those yearlings showing up and I didn't want to spook any good deer away. I admitted that the deer came back after they blew out of there, but I wouldn't trust that too work on any older mature buck or doe because they don't give many first chances much less a second chance. Like I also said only three of the five deer came back not the ones that busted me even though your product was still smoking right in front of my blind. I have pretty much only bow hunted for deer the last 14 years. I know a few things about scent control and walking in an area you are going to hunt. I take all the precautions by wearing the rubber boots and using scent control products even though I know the only way to keep a deer from smelling you is staying down wind. I did what you asked and you aren't completely satisfied with the results and are trying to make me out to be in the wrong. I will continue to bow hunt without your product and will do just fine as I have done for years. I have killed 25-30 deer with a bow without your product by just using common sense. So if you have to justify your product by slamming me please feel free to carry on because it is an open forum, but I think most on here see through your gimmick.

Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: westtexaswatkins] #2639932 10/07/11 02:42 PM
D
Woodsman
Woodsman
D

Look at the instructions where it states 3 times...

It says... keep it with you at all times, next to you on the downwind side, place it just outside of your blind.

However, I will be sure to make our directions more specific in the future.

Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: DeerSmokeScreen.com] #2639997 10/07/11 03:11 PM
B
buck-snort Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
This is from Wikipedia:

punk is a smoldering stick used for lighting firework fuses

The main hazards posed by smouldering arise from the fact that it can be easily initiated (by heat sources too weak to ignite flames) and is difficult to detect.

Any "ash" is flammable if you are not sure there are no live embers. Further more placing this "stick" outside in a windy condition can result in the wind blowing the cherry "hottest part" right off the stick and into the grass.

deersmokescreen: This is what you wrote below. What if it blows out of the tree? I guess I am ranting because I would be really upset to see someone start a preventable fire using this product. What am I missing. How is this not a fire hazard?

"If you are hunting in a tree stand, you should rest the stick in something that is within reach. A crack in the tree, a nook, a cranny... etc."

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide