Page 1 of 2 1 2
My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review #2630702 10/04/11 02:39 AM
W
westtexaswatkins Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Ok, first off I want to say I am no way attached to this product and would not have even tried it if I hadn't obtained a free trial. I have a stand with several does and couple of young bucks showing up like clock work every morning and evening so I decided to try one of the deer smoke screen sticks there because the wind this morning was blowing out of the north nearly right at the feeder. I do want to say I was very uncomfortable lighting the stick and sticking it into the ground with as dry as it is. I cleared an area with my boots to make sure no vegitation was around before putting it into the ground. I positioned it so I could keep a constant watch on it from my ground blind 20yrds from my feeder. Like clock work 5 deer showed up and they immediately took noticed of the deer smoke screen but it did not spook them. Four of the five went to the feeder and begain eatting. After a few minutes one of them snorted and they all went running. Three of the five came back and continued eatting the corn until it was all gone. So YES for the most part it worked but it is not fool proof, the wind is hard to predict and the swirls nearly got me busted, so I will not use this product where the majority of bigger bucks show up because I don't feel they would have given me a second chance. If you look close in this pic you can see the deer smoke screen glowing in front of the deer on the right. I still feel hunting the wind is your best bet but I wanted to give this product a fair and honest review.

Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: westtexaswatkins] #2630768 10/04/11 02:53 AM
J
JJSeabrook Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Sure not interested in ANYTHING that is a fire hazard where I am right now. Maybe when conditions change, which won't be for quite some time. I'd outlaw that on my places. From the distance you probably were from it, that fire would have been out of control before you even knew you had a problem. Can't do that in most areas of Texas right now. You sure as heck wouldn't do it on one of my places. Glad you had a good hunt, but if you'd fried my place I would have stuck that smoke screen up your ....

Know absolutely nothing about the product, but this statement gives me HUGE CONCERN in this Drought Condition!

"I do want to say I was very uncomfortable lighting the stick and sticking it into the ground with as dry as it is."

If you were "uncomfortable lighting" it, you shouldn't have! These are NOT normal times!

JJ

Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: JJSeabrook] #2630788 10/04/11 03:00 AM
T
TAT Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
i was thinking that also. glad it worked for ya but be careful.

It's not how you fall, It's how you get up.
Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: TAT] #2630801 10/04/11 03:04 AM
L
LandPirate Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
I got a better idea...Don't hunt upwind of your feeder.

Mike
Buda, Tx
Hunt near Freer
Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: LandPirate] #2630908 10/04/11 03:45 AM
T
TAT Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: LandPirate
I got a better idea...Don't hunt upwind of your feeder.

i dont care who you are! thats good advice!

It's not how you fall, It's how you get up.
Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: TAT] #2630932 10/04/11 03:56 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Does that count as a burn ban violation?

Great advice LP up

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: txshntr] #2630985 10/04/11 04:45 AM
A
add147 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
A
In East Texas Counties officals are telling folks to stay out of the woods with anything that produces a SPARK! Vehicles, four wheelers, chainsaws, weedeaters. In this drought even a trailer that is dragging its tow chains producing a tiny spark can create a major fire. There's absolutely no way I would have set that thing off even for the all time record buck, of course that's just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

I believe in my county you would have been fined $500.00 for creating an open flame.

Sorry for getting on my soap box but I was a volunteer fireman for 10 years so I have ate alot of smoke fighting grass and wildfires. Now I am to old, fat, and out of shape to do anything like that...LOL...Fighting fire is a young man's sport!!!

Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: add147] #2631192 10/04/11 12:10 PM
W
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
This will be my last post on this. You may or maynot be able to tell from the pic but where the product was placed was in my food plot area which was recently tilled up. You can even see the wheat coming up from the recent rain we had there. So since I have already been found guilty from my internet peers rofl please carry on taz

Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: westtexaswatkins] #2631226 10/04/11 12:38 PM
A
aeb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A
muyloco

Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: aeb] #2631248 10/04/11 12:48 PM
L
LandPirate Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
I'm just pondering the common sense of this latest gimmick.

Let's see if I've got the premise correct. First you light some sort of device to produce some sort of smoke designed to cover your human odor? Is that right?

So, in other words, we introduce a very smelly and unnatural odor to the woods to cover our own unnatural odor?

Hmmm??? I'm gonna have to call BS and throw the Snake Oil flag on that one.

Mike
Buda, Tx
Hunt near Freer
Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: LandPirate] #2633234 10/05/11 01:13 AM
D
DeerSmokeScreen.com Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
I will try to make this short and sweet...

First of all, I would like to thank West Texas Watkins for his time and effort and would like to apologize for any inconvenience on his hunt.

We are supposed to have instructions with every pack that say the hunter is supposed to keep it smoking and next to him at all times.

This would have solved 2 of the problems with WTW's experience.

1. It was probably against his better judgement to walk past his feeder and into his food plot during the hunt. We don't recommend walking through the feeding area because it will leave your scent where the deer are going to be, which is never a good idea. I am sorry for the confusion on this and again apologize that WTW thought this was how to do it. At least some of the deer came back which wasn't a total failure.

2. The directions say to keep the stick next to the hunter as a cover scent and so that you can light another one when it goes out. There is no fire hazard if you light it and blow it out immediately. Once it is smoking, the ashes are not hot enough to start a fire, kinda like a cigar.

When HardKnocks tried it and reported back on this forum, he kept it next to him and it concealed his location from a coyote and a bobcat, that were directly downwind.

I know that I will get beaten up for this post and that some will say that it is a gimmick.

All I can say is that it has helped many hunters kill a lot of animals and the videos and pictures on our website are some of the proof of that.

This has been our most successful year so far and we know that we would not have so many repeat customers if it didn't work.

I have been on this forum for a while and I don't try to sell our product all of the time, but I needed to give my thoughts on his hunt.

I am traveling but will try to reply to any questions or concerns.

~Keith

Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: DeerSmokeScreen.com] #2634354 10/05/11 02:45 PM
W
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Ok so I lied that was not my last post. First of all I am going copy part of the PM with the ONLY instruction you gave me. The only thing in the tube with the product was your business card.

"Please light it at the truck and keep it smoking the entire time you are in the woods. I keep it on my downwind side, stuck in the ground. I will mail both of your packs out on Monday. Please let me know if you don't receive it by Friday.

Thanks again, ~Keith"

I did this at the truck on an all dirt area to make sure nothing would fall off the product producing a fire hazard, and it didn't. (Note that if I had noticed debree falling from the lit product I would have immediately exstinguished it and called it a failure). I walked to my stand which you can see in the picture from behind it and at NO TIME DID I WALK BY MY FEEDER TO PUT IT OUT THERE. You say I should have keep it close to me, well do you want it in the stand with me to smoke me out, I don't think so. I put it directly between my stand and the feeder, which looks off a bit due to the camera angle and only a couple of feet infront of my blind. I gave my review and am sorry that you are not completely satisfied with it. I even got slammed on here for trying your product, which I know I took precautions to prevent any fires but your never gonna convince everyone on the internet and I'm good with that, but don't come on here and make statements that you have no proof of. You contacted me to try your product not the other way around, I called it a gimmick from the start. I do know that my kid will get great use out of the remaining product lighting fireworks next 4th of July because all these things are are the large lighter punks you get when you purchase fireworks. Good day.

Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: westtexaswatkins] #2634381 10/05/11 02:57 PM
L
LandPirate Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
L
Call me a skeptic but it defies logic to burn and create smoke in order to cover one's scent while hunting.

Mike
Buda, Tx
Hunt near Freer
Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: LandPirate] #2634423 10/05/11 03:07 PM
BuckRage Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
popcorn

[Linked Image]
Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: DeerSmokeScreen.com] #2634535 10/05/11 03:46 PM
A
aeb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A
Originally Posted By: DeerSmokeScreen.com
Once it is smoking, the ashes are not hot enough to start a fire, kinda like a cigar.

That would not be a very popular statement out here in West Texas after what we have been through.

Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: aeb] #2635860 10/06/11 12:08 AM
B
buck-snort Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I can honestly say if I used one of these on my lease I would get kicked off by the land owner. Just sayin.......

Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: BuckRage] #2636533 10/06/11 03:22 AM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: BuckRage
popcorn

x2 popcorn

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: westtexaswatkins] #2636630 10/06/11 04:07 AM
J
JJSeabrook Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Originally Posted By: westtexaswatkins
Ok so I lied that was not my last post. First of all I am going copy part of the PM with the ONLY instruction you gave me. The only thing in the tube with the product was your business card.

"Please light it at the truck and keep it smoking the entire time you are in the woods. I keep it on my downwind side, stuck in the ground. I will mail both of your packs out on Monday. Please let me know if you don't receive it by Friday.

Thanks again, ~Keith"

I did this at the truck on an all dirt area to make sure nothing would fall off the product producing a fire hazard, and it didn't. (Note that if I had noticed debree falling from the lit product I would have immediately exstinguished it and called it a failure). I walked to my stand which you can see in the picture from behind it and at NO TIME DID I WALK BY MY FEEDER TO PUT IT OUT THERE. You say I should have keep it close to me, well do you want it in the stand with me to smoke me out, I don't think so. I put it directly between my stand and the feeder, which looks off a bit due to the camera angle and only a couple of feet infront of my blind. I gave my review and am sorry that you are not completely satisfied with it. I even got slammed on here for trying your product, which I know I took precautions to prevent any fires but your never gonna convince everyone on the internet and I'm good with that, but don't come on here and make statements that you have no proof of. You contacted me to try your product not the other way around, I called it a gimmick from the start. I do know that my kid will get great use out of the remaining product lighting fireworks next 4th of July because all these things are are the large lighter punks you get when you purchase fireworks. Good day.

""I do want to say I was very uncomfortable lighting the stick and sticking it into the ground with as dry as it is."

That was your only statement you made that bothered me, that I read.

ANYTHING that is UNCOMFORTABLE to spark a fire, is a NO GO! The consequences are not only horrific for the place you are hunting, but for potentially tens of thousands of acres around you.

WE ALL have to be EXTREMELY DILIGENT in being careful with regards to ANYTHING that might set a fire. It's a different year, and the worst drought on record. Let's all be careful out there!

JJ

Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: westtexaswatkins] #2637072 10/06/11 02:11 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Thanks for the review and the follow up post confirming the gimmik status of this product... which many of us already felt.

Sounds like you did a good job with the fire aspect to me, no more than a couple feet away in a tilled and growoing food plot and no exposed flame and you cleared all grass and stuff away from it.

Just because it makes you nervouse or uncomfortable doesnt mean you should do it... how many things would you never have tried? Sounds like he took good precautionary measures to me and it just set him on edge.

I just gotta ask, the smoke screen guys name is Keith.. right? Isnt that the same as the Buck Crack dude? Im tired of BS gimmiks being pushed on here, I think they should have to buy one of the advertising sections on the board and not be allowed to bring it up or peddle it in threads!

matt

It's hell eatin em live
Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: redchevy] #2638235 10/06/11 09:43 PM
D
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Let's look at the facts...

Fact is that Hardknocks posted something on this forum about Deer Smoke Screen and I responded because it is a great product that has been proven to work. Videos on our website don't lie.

But since there were so many nay-sayers on this forum I let some members try it for free and give an unbiased opinion.

Fact is that it worked for Hard Knocks.

Fact is that it worked for West Texas Watkins even though it was not used correctly.

We sell an affordable scent control product that does not allow the animals to detect human scent.

Fact is that it did what we said it would do. How can it be a gimmick if it did what it was supposed to do?

Fact is that some of you patrol this particular forum looking to bully anyone that is 'peddling' their product.

Out of all of the forums I visit, most all of them discuss strategies and cutting edge products. I shared mine with this forum because it will give you an edge when everything else has failed.

By the way, I don't represent buck crack.

If you use Deer Smoke Screen, they won't be able to smell you through the smoke. It covers your human scent. Please visit our website to see the videos which can't tell a lie.

Coming soon on our website... an irresistable attractant and one the most realistic predator decoys I have ever seen.

Last edited by DeerSmokeScreen.com; 10/06/11 09:45 PM.
Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: DeerSmokeScreen.com] #2638263 10/06/11 09:52 PM
BuckRage Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Let's look at the facts...

Fact is that Hardknocks posted something on this forum about Deer Smoke Screen and I responded because it is a great product that has been proven to work. Videos on our website don't lie.

But since there were so many nay-sayers on this forum I let some members try it for free and give an unbiased opinion.

Fact is that it worked for Hard Knocks.

Fact is that it worked for West Texas Watkins even though it was not used correctly.

We sell an affordable scent control product that does not allow the animals to detect human scent.

Fact is that it did what we said it would do. How can it be a gimmick if it did what it was supposed to do?

Fact is that some of you patrol this particular forum looking to bully anyone that is 'peddling' their product.

Out of all of the forums I visit, most all of them discuss strategies and cutting edge products. I shared mine with this forum because it will give you an edge when everything else has failed.

By the way, I don't represent buck crack.

If you use Deer Smoke Screen, they won't be able to smell you through the smoke. It covers your human scent. Please visit our website to see the videos which can't tell a lie.

Coming soon on our website... an irresistable attractant and one the most realistic predator decoys I have ever seen.

sorry deersmoke, not trying to stir the pot and I don't have any problem with you or you trying to promote your product but it just seemed funny to me that after all of this...you threw in that last line. I almost wanna buy something from you just because of that. rofl cheerleader

[Linked Image]
Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: BuckRage] #2638295 10/06/11 10:02 PM
D
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
LOL, just tryin to keep it real. banana

Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: DeerSmokeScreen.com] #2638302 10/06/11 10:06 PM
BuckRage Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
LOL, just tryin to keep it real. banana

up

[Linked Image]
Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: BuckRage] #2638375 10/06/11 10:39 PM
S
scattergun Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
Some deer smoke and come here deer would just about guarantee sucess on any hunt! I like it!

Re: My DEER SMOKE SCREEN review [Re: scattergun] #2638498 10/06/11 11:57 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Yep and if don't work it is always user error. rolleyes

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread