Print Thread
Good weekend of predator hunting! #2630989 10/04/11 04:48 AM
U
UltimatePredator Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
U
Just wanted to share a few pictures and some video stills with you guys. Hope yall enjoy!

First coyote of the night. We let this coyote get a too far downwind, fortunately Jared makes a heck of a running shot on him head'n out.

This coyote came in leterally jumpimg to see over the tall grass in the feild. I'm sure the small amount of light he was having to look into was'nt helping him see much.

This guy came on a string clear across a wide open feild about 200 yards straight to the truck. He did'nt make it!

Every year we have 3 or 4 cats that will sit down several times coming to the call. This one may have come closer, but after 5 minutes worth of just sitting there we went ahead and helped him on his way.

Friday night they were on their feet and hunt'n as we had a major front pushing in.

All together it was a great weekend and a great way to start the year off!

CARNIVORE'S night hunting Professionals!

Only on Pursuit...

www.ultimatepredatortv.com
Re: Good weekend of predator hunting! [Re: UltimatePredator] #2631231 10/04/11 12:40 PM
B
Bob in TX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Y'all are rocking and rolling! I will be glad when it cools down some more and they get their winter coats.

Good Hunting,

Bob

The Texas Predator Posse
NRA Life Member/TSRA Life Member

Re: Good weekend of predator hunting! [Re: Bob in TX] #2632060 10/04/11 06:11 PM
B
barnez Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Awesome pics! Are these pics taken from video? What kind of light were you using?

Re: Good weekend of predator hunting! [Re: barnez] #2632148 10/04/11 06:49 PM
J
Jared Clark Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
All of those pictures are still frames from the video footage we got. At the moment we are using MagnaLite lights, all white with dimmers. Keep the light down until you are sure they are committed and then give them 100%!

Bob, I can't agree more! Only thing about the hunting around here is the land owner wants them gone no matter what time of the year it is, so we have to try and keep them happy by hunting as much as we can throughout the year so we don't lose land access. I would like to wait for the winter coat, but the experience for me is the same no matter what time of the year it is. Thanks for the kind comments! Jared

Team ULTIMATE PREDATOR www.ultimatepredatortv.com
CARNIVORE's "Night Crew"
The #1 show on the Pursuit Channel!
Re: Good weekend of predator hunting! [Re: Jared Clark] #2632346 10/04/11 07:55 PM
U
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
U
We will post a few more video stills in the near future from a while back for yall to check out. Thanks for the replies and look for some more shortly!

Take care. Chris

Only on Pursuit...

Re: Good weekend of predator hunting! [Re: Bob in TX] #2632439 10/04/11 08:20 PM
B
big-tex Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: Bob in TX
Y'all are rocking and rolling! I will be glad when it cools down some more and they get their winter coats.

Good Hunting,

Bob

He knows what he is talking about .....

When quality counts!!!!!
http://texascamo.tk
Re: Good weekend of predator hunting! [Re: Jared Clark] #2633226 10/05/11 01:11 AM
F
furdown Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
Originally Posted By: MidnightSniperUP
All of those pictures are still frames from the video footage we got. At the moment we are using MagnaLite lights, all white with dimmers. Keep the light down until you are sure they are committed and then give them 100%!

Bob, I can't agree more! Only thing about the hunting around here is the land owner wants them gone no matter what time of the year it is, so we have to try and keep them happy by hunting as much as we can throughout the year so we don't lose land access. I would like to wait for the winter coat, but the experience for me is the same no matter what time of the year it is. Thanks for the kind comments! Jared

Your telling us what the lights are, all I've heard is how top secret the set up is on Carnivore. From what I could tell it looks like yall got three lights shining probably on a tripod to be that steady. But it sure works great for filming

�There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never cared for anything else thereafter.�- Ernest Hemingway

Re: Good weekend of predator hunting! [Re: furdown] #2633669 10/05/11 03:10 AM
J
Jared Clark Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
I knew that is probably where that comment would head,lol, but in all honesty there is nothing special about anything that we have.
Chris and I are two ordinary guys who were crazy enough to attempt using that much light. We have had many people who have watched our dvd "Ultimate Predator Rulers of the Night" actually hit the nail on the head when it came to our light set up.
Honestly for us the main reason why we have done what we have with our lights is due to mere fact that when we were in the works of releasing our first dvd we didin't want to have footage that looked like anyone else's. If it wasn't for that simple fact we would still be using a red filtered light.

All we want to do is collect the best possible footage that we can so we can show it to the viewer (YOU) and hopefully y'all can enjoy it half as much as we did getting it. The only thing that Chris and I had control over was filming the animals, as long as there are no complaints about that then we are happy.

Thanks again for all the kind words guys!!! Jared

Team ULTIMATE PREDATOR www.ultimatepredatortv.com
CARNIVORE's "Night Crew"
The #1 show on the Pursuit Channel!
Re: Good weekend of predator hunting! [Re: Jared Clark] #2633746 10/05/11 03:37 AM
B
barnez Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
It makes for some amazing stills. I gotta see so video now.

Re: Good weekend of predator hunting! [Re: barnez] #2633842 10/05/11 04:37 AM
F
furdown Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
I will give it to y'all, it is some great night footage. It was just the so top secret thing that Gary kept saying that had saying enough already. Don't think I am knocking you guys, it was just a little annoying and made work the dvr back and forth several times to try yo find a slip to figure it out.

�There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never cared for anything else thereafter.�- Ernest Hemingway

Re: Good weekend of predator hunting! [Re: furdown] #2633876 10/05/11 05:20 AM
U
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
U
Furdown, Jared pretty much summed it up with what he said. The one aspect of the show that me and Jared had any control over was the quality and content of our footage. That also happens to be the one aspect of the show we have not recieved and negative feedback about which makes us content in the job we performed producing the footage that was aired. Everetything else was out of our control beyond that. The episodes this next season will have better footage than was shown from this one and I feel pretty confident that there will be very little talk about lights. It was our intentions to let the footage speak for itself and let the viewer enjoy being able to see things in a way that you dont usualy get to see in most night hunting footage. In our opinion, the stuff we have in store for everyone next year is about twice as good as what was shown from this season, espescialy the cats.

I hope this helps clarify the whole "light" situation a little better for everyone.

Regarding the lights, all I can say is it requires a truckload of duct tape, a value pack of AA batteries, and a team composed of at least 5 of the best flashlight holding buddies you can find. The duct tape is used to tie all their arms together to keep'em all pointing in the rite direction if you were wondering. Other than that, its a really simple concept! We had to let one guy go cause he kept getting loose! What do ya do?

Take care. Chris

Only on Pursuit...

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide