C
probably hunting pigs...

Re: More trespassers [Re: Closed Traverse] #2616796 09/28/11 06:34 AM
H
HornSlayer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
This is a Texashuntingforum and not the Texas Deer Hunting forum?

Nothing here is meant to be disrespectful. We once owned a property that had the best swimming hole around. Every Saturday during the summer we would have people "Trespass" to go swimming. They would leave trash everywhere and I would spend an hour cleaning up after them. It didn't take long for me to figure out that I couldn't call the Sheriff ever time someone sneaked down to the creek for a swim. Worse, they would drop their trash and haul out as soon as they heard my truck coming down the hill toward them. I finally told the kids they could swim if they followed a few simple rules. They had to picked up the place and put the trash in a barrel and not bring any friends or others without calling me first. I never had the problem again and the creek was clean, problem solved.

I did not read in your post about problems you had in the Past. And of course I qualified my position with people being respectful of fences and gates. If someone cuts your fence and leaves gates open then all bets are off and they should get what they deserve.

Country folks are generally not as uptight and are willing to share the land as long as you take care of it like it was yours. Most problems happen when people come to the country and bring big city attitudes and misconceptions with them.

If you live 50 miles to the nearest supermarket, finding recreation for young people can be difficult. Running hounds for Coon and Fox has served that purpose for generations. I guess we should just buy the kids a x-box and lock them in a room. No need to teach them how to be respectful of other peoples property?

My point is they may have 5000 acres next to yours they can hunt. It would be a shame for them to have to stop just because your property is there. If you live away from your property, how do you propose they get in touch with you to get permission? Lastly, don't make yourself sick worrying if someone crosses your property. It's going to happen because the local folk do not feel the same way as you do. The best advice I can give is the same advice I received as a young man coon hunting with my elders, Just enjoy the land and be respectful of it.

They make ammo specifically for hunting for a reason! nidea
Re: More trespassers [Re: HornSlayer] #2617022 09/28/11 01:00 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Trespassing is ILLEGAL.Call the Sheriff and share pictures,descriptions etc.Noone needs to go vigilante on them.It's kind of amusing but also worrisome when folks start saying "shoot first,ask questions later".That's a great way to end up someone's girfriend in PRISON.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: More trespassers [Re: texfork] #2617061 09/28/11 01:16 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: texfork
It amazes me that some folks try to justify trespassing . Unless you own half a county maybe running dogs is one of those
things that unfortunately is outdated . I know that there was a day that it was acceptable but it just ain't going to fly now crossing boundaries .

That is the reason I have never coon hunted. Just no as easy as it once was. I have run pig dogs once. The guys that owned the dogs brought them to some property we had permission to be on. They told us without any un certain terms. They chase their dogs those dogs swim across a river they swim a river. Those dogs clear 3 fences they clear 3 fences. Fortunatly that did no happen.

I am not big on crossing fences. But if I was out hunting on my property and came across someone chasing thier dogs I will clearly state to them it is not acceptable and give them a good warning that next time the law would be involved.

But again I am not shooting someones dog for running through my pasture.

Originally Posted By: Mountain hunter
I don't think they're coon hunters if they are the same group who was caught setting fires.
If they are the fire starters they should be burned....
Just sayin'...

I agree my comments were directed at the people specifically stating what they would do to someone chasing dogs.

Last edited by ducknbass; 09/28/11 01:17 PM.
Re: More trespassers [Re: HornSlayer] #2617113 09/28/11 01:40 PM
C
coolie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted By: HornSlayer

Country folks are generally not as uptight and are willing to share the land as long as you take care of it like it was yours. Most problems happen when people come to the country and bring big city attitudes and misconceptions with them.

Ain't that the truth.

Re: More trespassers [Re: coolie] #2617445 09/28/11 03:11 PM
M
Matt Online Content OP
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
M
You don't know me or anything about me. One needs to ask who has the misconception about who here.
After having the door to my motor home pried open, all of the cabinets opened and their contents scattered all over the place, three lanterns stolen, two heaters stolen, a circular saw stolen, two game cameras stolen, a feeder stolen, most recently, a full spool of barbed wire stolen, and my fence cut multiple times, I want everybody I don't know to STAY OFF THE POSTED PROPERTY THAT I BOUGHT AND PAID FOR!
I feel I am justified in no longer being laid back on this issue.
Just for the record, I did contact the local GW and have left it in his hands, as I have each and every time. I do not now, nor have I ever advocated taking maters in your own hands unless there is truly no other choice. This includes shooting coon dogs and beating old men with shotgun butts.
Thanks!!
Matt

Last edited by Matt; 09/28/11 03:19 PM.

The psycho nut bags have always been there. They just get better press now.
Take away their guns, they'll use knives. Take away their knives and they'll use sticks!!
Re: More trespassers [Re: Jimbo] #2617526 09/28/11 03:36 PM
E
EastTexP Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E
Originally Posted By: Jimbo
From what I've read on other posts it seems to be a trend that several people on this forum think just because they may be running dogs that it's perfectly fine.

Dogs or no dogs, when you are crossing or going onto someone's property and don't have permission it is trespassing, and if you can't keep your dogs from crossing fences you need to have them on a leash.

my family ran dog's for years, and ALL of our dogs would break trail if called, if they didn't WE got rid of them, to avoid having to deal with issues like this. No running dogs is no excuse to trespass and like the poster I quoted said can't control your dogs leash them.

Last edited by EastTexP; 09/28/11 03:37 PM.
Re: More trespassers [Re: EastTexP] #2617535 09/28/11 03:38 PM
D
DeerSlayer31 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Im with Matt on this one. My land is my land thats the way it is!!! If you want to be on it let me know and I would be more then happy to let you on it, in most circumstances.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Re: More trespassers [Re: DeerSlayer31] #2617802 09/28/11 05:26 PM
K
Killshot Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
I wish my deercamp, what are you complaing about?

Last edited by RWH24; 09/28/11 05:44 PM.
Re: More trespassers [Re: EastTexP] #2617812 09/28/11 05:29 PM
O
obamawhy!!! Offline
Tracker
Tracker
O
Originally Posted By: EastTexP
Originally Posted By: Jimbo
From what I've read on other posts it seems to be a trend that several people on this forum think just because they may be running dogs that it's perfectly fine.

Dogs or no dogs, when you are crossing or going onto someone's property and don't have permission it is trespassing, and if you can't keep your dogs from crossing fences you need to have them on a leash.

my family ran dog's for years, and ALL of our dogs would break trail if called, if they didn't WE got rid of them, to avoid having to deal with issues like this. No running dogs is no excuse to trespass and like the poster I quoted said can't control your dogs leash them.

Well said we need more doggers like you

Last edited by obamawhy!!!; 09/28/11 05:30 PM.
Re: More trespassers [Re: Killshot] #2617836 09/28/11 05:40 PM
T
TijuanaTom Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Killshot
I wish my deercamp, what are you complaing about?

x2 grin

Last edited by RWH24; 09/28/11 05:44 PM.
Re: More trespassers [Re: TijuanaTom] #2619793 09/29/11 12:35 PM
S
stuko Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
A similar situation happened to me a few years back. People coming on my land and breaking into our cabin and stealing stuff. We simply left them a nice little note after about the 2nd time they broke in.

It said something along the lines of "although you cant see the camera's, we are now recording your every move" There were some other choice words but you get the jest of it...

Our game cam picked up pictures of them out on land like yours did. We gave a brief description of what they looked like in the letter and have never seen them again.

Not saying it will work for you, but it worked for us. Good Luck

Re: More trespassers [Re: sprigspanker] #2822744 12/09/11 12:15 PM
S
SowHntr Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: sprigspanker
If they were running dogs and they came onto my property.....they would be leaving with a bunch of dead dogs.

Man I agree sprig! Nothing worse than setting in your deer blind on opening morning and hearing a bunch of dogs chasing a pig through your property. Happened to me in olden last year. Have 3k acres that borders me and they cut right through my place. I don't mind people running dogs. They love their sport as much as I do. But there is a time and place for it, and anyone can do whatever they want their property, just not the one I lease!

Re: More trespassers [Re: Matt] #2822902 12/09/11 02:04 PM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Matt
You don't know me or anything about me. One needs to ask who has the misconception about who here.
After having the door to my motor home pried open, all of the cabinets opened and their contents scattered all over the place, three lanterns stolen, two heaters stolen, a circular saw stolen, two game cameras stolen, a feeder stolen, most recently, a full spool of barbed wire stolen, and my fence cut multiple times, I want everybody I don't know to STAY OFF THE POSTED PROPERTY THAT I BOUGHT AND PAID FOR!
I feel I am justified in no longer being laid back on this issue.
Just for the record, I did contact the local GW and have left it in his hands, as I have each and every time. I do not now, nor have I ever advocated taking maters in your own hands unless there is truly no other choice. This includes shooting coon dogs and beating old men with shotgun butts.
Thanks!!
Matt

Well said Matt and agree 100%

Last edited by kyotee1; 12/09/11 02:04 PM.
Re: More trespassers [Re: kyotee1] #2823781 12/09/11 07:44 PM
T
TxDispatcher Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
My father was an avid fox/coyote hunter, and for many years ran them on a 7,500 acre lease. And occasionally they would chase off of the lease, but he never had an issue. BUT, that was in the 70's and 80's. 20 years ago, things changed. People started seeing the benefit of high fence property for fox and yote hunting, with no worry of having dogs run onto others properties. Yes, over the year it was more expensive to pay $5-7 a dog to hunt for an evening, but the peace of mind knowing that his dogs wouldn't be bothering anyone and would be safe was worth it. Unfortunately, the pens are few and far between these days, and costly to drive to Bedias, Bellville, Brenham from his home in La Porte...so he has given up running dogs.

But respecting others property and land is something I learned at an early age. If it doesn't belong to you, and you don't have permission to be there, STAY OFF OF THE PROPERTY!!!

Originally Posted by East...
Originally Posted by East...
I will get off in a little bit

You shouldnt have said that
Re: More trespassers [Re: Matt] #2823795 12/09/11 07:49 PM
K
kdub Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Girlie looks like she might be cute. I think its Crystal Pistol.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide