Print Thread
bad deer hunters #244093 11/02/07 01:59 AM
P
prohunter08 Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
P
are there any bad hunters out there,just wondering if there is a camp that has bad person hunting with you .just dont ever hear talk about it out there in hunting land guys that just dont ever follow rules.

Re: bad deer hunters [Re: prohunter08] #244094 11/02/07 02:18 AM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Like in some barrels of apples there has to be a rotten one, there is someone that is a pain in the rear to everyone on the place. I was on one place for years, that everyone got along, everyone pitched in with the work and it was more like a well knit family. But I have been on some places that I only stayed a year, because of the attitude and ethics of one or more of the other hunters. Another reason to buy your own place, you get all of the headaches, but you make the rules.

Hunters are like any other group of people, there are the good and the bad.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: bad deer hunters [Re: dogcatcher] #244095 11/02/07 02:35 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I don't know about hunters but I know of bad grammar...

Re: bad deer hunters [Re: dogcatcher] #244096 11/02/07 02:40 AM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
What are the parameters being used to define a "Bad Hunter"?????

Re: bad deer hunters [Re: Crazyhorse] #244097 11/02/07 03:26 AM
D
deerfeeder Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
D
Bad hunter is old Indian word for vegeterian.

Re: bad deer hunters [Re: deerfeeder] #244098 11/02/07 03:39 AM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Oh Hell, if that is what is being looked at, there are a bunch of bad hunters out there.

Re: bad deer hunters [Re: prohunter08] #244099 11/02/07 04:01 AM
E
Earl Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
E
Oh there are plenty....

For quite a few years my Dad and I hunted a pretty well known (for the area) day least outside of Victoria on Hwy 77. We hunted it every Saturday so generally got deer off it every year.

Anyways, - some real characters would certainly show up. Things I remember:

1) Fellow harvesting two turkey on opening Morning - well, Victoria County has no fall turkey season.

2) One fellow shooting a deer during the morning hunt, it then jumped the fence onto adjoining property. Instead of waiting for the lease people to come back and make arrangements to track the deer with the adjoining landowner - he trespassed. The other landowner did not take kindly to that. The people that ran the daylease then told him to ensure he stayed on their property. After the evening hunt the fellow had a 10pt buck when they came back to pick him up. Only problem, he hadn't fired a shot. He had trespassed again and retrieved the (by now) bug infested, bloated, rigored carcass from earlier that morning (it was a hot day)..he wasn't allowed to hunt there anymore.

3) They probably put out 50 hunters or more on a lease of 2000 acres. The blinds were spaced out good enough that you couldn't see one from another and you shouldn't be shooting towards another hunter. Hunters were insructed to STAY IN THEIR BLINDS - quite a few didn't. One hunter I remember we had to wait/hunt for his butt after the morning hunt. He was instructed to stay in his blind that evening - not to leave it. Sure enough, o-dark thirty comes along and the truck comes by to get him - he wasn't there again, another hunter never allowed to come back.

4) I can't say how many times I saw bloated, non dressed deer loaded into the back of the trucks. Some of the hunters either didn't know how to dress a deer or didn't seem to want to bother.

5) There was the fellow that shot 2 bucks during a morning hunt - problem, Victoria county was a one buck county.

6) I can remember at least 2 trucks that ended up with bullet holes through the cab roof or windshield from "unloaded" guns.

7) One opening morning I wasn't seeing anything. I attributed it to the hunter near me firing several shots all morning. I wondered what he was shooting at. When the truck came by and he was picked up - he had harvested half a dozen....squirrels.

God, don't ask me why we kept going back but we did! There were deer so there was that. Maybe the other thing was some side of me enjoyed seeing how damn stupid people could be. We probably would have kept hunting there but when the landowner passed away his sons decided to least the place to a group of Houston hunters instead of work it as a daylease.

Earl

Quote:

are there any bad hunters out there,just wondering if there is a camp that has bad person hunting with you .just dont ever hear talk about it out there in hunting land guys that just dont ever follow rules.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: bad deer hunters [Re: Earl] #244100 11/02/07 04:20 AM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Earl I think we have had some of those same hunters day lease from us. A few years of that was enough. There was some "real" winners in those few years. I would go to work on Monday mornings and everyone was waiting for the latest story of stupidity.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: bad deer hunters [Re: Earl] #244101 11/02/07 05:41 AM
forthebirds Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Quote:

6) I can remember at least 2 trucks that ended up with bullet holes.

I keep seeing these pics and hearing stories on here, even heard about some one shot kills on trucks

The purpose of a warrior is not to reason with the enemy but to kill him.
Re: bad deer hunters [Re: prohunter08] #244102 11/02/07 12:23 PM
B
BradyBuck Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Around Brady you always here about the "bad hunters"...The ones that every time it rains decide to go mudding in all the fields and tear them all up....and Steve from Steve's Meat Market talking about all the deer that come in that still had the Balls on them because they didn't know how to gut one. Then you have the two guys on my buddy's ranch that shot 10 deer opening week and then lied to his dad about it. (He Left the deer camp another way and saw them all hanging up.) They have 5000 acres of prime Deer hunting land around Melvin TX that borders the Ford Ranch where the famos Brady Buck was taken and they don't lease because of the crap that those guys pulled. I can't say I am not glad because I get to hunt it for free now!! I shot a nice axis off of it a few weeks ago!

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: bad deer hunters [Re: BradyBuck] #244103 11/02/07 02:39 PM
B
bigfoot35 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Putting bad with the word "hunters" seems ironic. Hunters respect the game, the laws, the other hunters, the property lines, etc. The ones that don't I call outlaws or worse names.

Geaux Tigers!!!!
Re: bad deer hunters [Re: bigfoot35] #244104 11/03/07 02:32 PM
M
MaggieMTx Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
like stated before...i think we ALL have had our fair share of them, but i doubt an specific names will be posted on here..least i wont be in that category if they were called out

Re: bad deer hunters [Re: prohunter08] #244105 11/04/07 09:50 PM
B
Bitmap Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
You mean like people that point guns at you in the cabin or getting in/out of the truck?

How about jerks that hunt your land without permission?

How about night hunting?

How about shooting does, cutting off the hind quarters, and leaving the rest?

How about the guy who shows up for a pheasant hunt and every bird that falls (even if it is 100 yards from him) yells "That's my bird!!!"?

How about the guy that shoots a 10 point mule deer when it isn't mule deer season, even after you tell him it is a mulie not a whitetail?

How about a guy that picks up your gun after you carefully lay it out of the way and he decides to move it "out of the way" and puts a big scratch in it in the process?

How about a guy that sees a bird on the other side of you and shoots right past you, close enough that your clothes move from the muzzle blast?

How about when you are driving on your land and you see a covey of quail under a mesquite next to your road. Everyone piles out of the car and while you have your head down looking at your shotgun to load it a guy shoots with his muzzle about 1 foot from your ear?

I've seem a few bad hunters over the years. Most of them weren't really bad all the time, they just had their moments. I didn't know all of them personally.

OTOH I've known some great guys, too. The guys that always insist that the new guy gets the spot where they are most likely to get a deer or quail. Guys that will give up their hunt to help you find that wounded animal. You know the kind.

Re: bad deer hunters [Re: Bitmap] #244106 11/04/07 10:33 PM
P
prohunter08 Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
P
i know the types, but tell me some things that have happend to you on a lease.And enough with the english teacher.[i dont know about bad hunters just bad grammer]txduckman.thanks

Re: bad deer hunters [Re: prohunter08] #244107 11/05/07 01:18 AM
C
cajundave Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
What about the guy who jumps in YOUR truck and runs over the brand new 7 Mag. you had propped up against the door, and then says, "Well I had to go get my pig."

And he's still one of my closest freinds. Believe it or not, the gun still shoots straight and the scope was only 1 inch off.

"Guns aren't toys!They're for family protection,hunting dangerous or delicious animals,and keeping the King of England out of your face!" H.Simpson
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide