Print Thread
Im back !!!!!!! #2439063 07/19/11 09:09 AM
O
overalls Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
O
Well its been awhile guys but my shoulder has had some good rest an tomorrow im going to shoot a lil an get back in the grove cus im ready to post some good picks this coming season. I pray everyday for a better shoulder an the ablity to put some fresh food on the table. Hopefully im healed .

Last edited by overalls; 07/19/11 09:18 AM.

"just me an the trees an the natural sounds of life. no cars no sirens or stoplights just the happiness of hunting" - ME
Re: Im back !!!!!!! [Re: overalls] #2439068 07/19/11 09:44 AM
S
Seadog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
I know the feeling!!! I've had a problem with my right shoulder that I think is healed enough now!!!

I support Cap and Trade - Cap our spending and Trade Obama

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the Government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. - Thomas Jefferson
Re: Im back !!!!!!! [Re: Seadog] #2439700 07/19/11 04:48 PM
B
bjankowski Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Good luck to both of you, I wish I had a shoulder injury I could deal with that, I had a serious brain injury in Illinois June the 6th, and it’s giving me fits. I can’t drive, fly or work, going outside for even five minutes leaves me exhausted, all I can do is look at my bows. I’ve been involved in Archery for over 40 years in competition, instructing, working trade shows with various bow companies, so I can sure understand being sidelined. Since I’ve been down I turned my bow shop into an art studio where I sit for hours nowadays and paint landscapes.
Good that you’re both back shooting again.

Note: two weeks ago I did string up my long bow and shot about 20 arrows; Robin Hooded one at about 10 yards, but I should have not done that, I was in bad shape the next day, I guess the shock of the bow rattled my brain too much.

Re: Im back !!!!!!! [Re: bjankowski] #2439778 07/19/11 05:20 PM
B
Boomer57 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
bj. Pass your store going to lease but it's either late Fri or coming home on Sun. One of these days I'll catch you open and I'll stop buy to look around, I'll look at your paintings too. Best wishes to you.

My wife must be a cross between a Indian and a bulldog. When she's not on the warpath, she's sitting on her butt growling.

We're burnin daylite.
Re: Im back !!!!!!! [Re: bjankowski] #2439799 07/19/11 05:32 PM
R
RLoving1 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: bjankowski
Good luck to both of you, I wish I had a shoulder injury I could deal with that, I had a serious brain injury in Illinois June the 6th, and it’s giving me fits. I can’t drive, fly or work, going outside for even five minutes leaves me exhausted, all I can do is look at my bows. I’ve been involved in Archery for over 40 years in competition, instructing, working trade shows with various bow companies, so I can sure understand being sidelined. Since I’ve been down I turned my bow shop into an art studio where I sit for hours nowadays and paint landscapes.

Note: two weeks ago I did string up my long bow and shot about 20 arrows; Robin Hooded one at about 10 yards, but I should have not done that, I was in bad shape the next day, I guess the shock of the bow rattled my brain too much.

Hang in there Bob we aren't going to abandone you,give it time and heal right...all you guys on the mend be careful!

Brayden (Lazy L's Southern Comfort) you will be missed! You were more than a pet you were my reason to rise and return for many days! You were my rock!
12/26/03-10/25/13
Re: Im back !!!!!!! [Re: Boomer57] #2439989 07/19/11 06:55 PM
B
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: Boomer57
bj. Pass your store going to lease but it's either late Fri or coming home on Sun. One of these days I'll catch you open and I'll stop buy to look around, I'll look at your paintings too. Best wishes to you.

I don't have a store bro, I have a room in my house that I converted to work on bows. It's more like a man cave, I have my fishing and stuff, guns and bows in that room. I've worked bows from some of the guys on this forum and of course I do it for free.

Re: Im back !!!!!!! [Re: RLoving1] #2440034 07/19/11 07:14 PM
B
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: RLoving1
Originally Posted By: bjankowski

Hang in there Bob we aren't going to abandone you,give it time and heal right...all you guys on the mend be careful!

Thanks Rowel, Today is one of those bad days, I was thinking about going to the hospital.

Re: Im back !!!!!!! [Re: bjankowski] #2441523 07/20/11 10:20 AM
S
Seadog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Sorry to hear that!!! Hope you get better soon!!!

I support Cap and Trade - Cap our spending and Trade Obama

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the Government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. - Thomas Jefferson
Re: Im back !!!!!!! [Re: Seadog] #2442465 07/20/11 06:20 PM
K
Kid Kraigrrr Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K
I spent several years out of hunting due to a sholder injury...20 years... about 3 years ago a buddy brought his bow to work and asked me if I wanted to shoot it... I didn't think I could draw it back, but I did... 2 bow later and several $1000's I am a active hunter once again... God it feels great... Hang in there BJ....

Kraig Clement
[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide