Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: lbj national grasslands [Re: Tx Deer Hunter] #2219476 04/01/11 09:10 PM
K
KYBLUEFAN Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Tx Deer Hunter
He may have proved all of us wrong but he is still breaking the LAW! it is illegal to guide hunters on public land in Texas. Even if all you did was buy his breakfast and pay for his gas. If you don't believe me just call the Wise County game warden Chris Dowdy and ask him......

Didn't buy his breakfast or pay for his gas. I don't think I'll get back out there this year with the overtime I'm working plus two playing ball.

Re: lbj national grasslands [Re: Tx Deer Hunter] #2221318 04/03/11 02:41 AM
R
Rob Robertson Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
He may have proved all of us wrong but he is still breaking the LAW! it is illegal to guide hunters on public land in Texas. Even if all you did was buy his breakfast and pay for his gas. If you don't believe me just call the Wise County game warden Chris Dowdy and ask him......

I know ten duck hunting guides on Texas public lakes that dont know that rule.

Re: lbj national grasslands [Re: Tx Deer Hunter] #2221871 04/03/11 02:50 PM
M
mountman62 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M

so, if me & my buddy are hunting, i'm calling, bird comes up on his side, he kills it, AM I breaking the law also, oh yeh he bought breakfast

Re: lbj national grasslands [Re: mountman62] #2221879 04/03/11 02:54 PM
A
aussie1 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: mountman62

so, if me & my buddy are hunting, i'm calling, bird comes up on his side, he kills it, AM I breaking the law also, oh yeh he bought breakfast

I don't think it's that cut and dry.

Re: lbj national grasslands [Re: Tx Deer Hunter] #2222777 04/04/11 12:58 AM
K
KeithTT Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K

Nobody bought my breakfast or paid for any gas. You can ask KYBLUEFAN That hunt was absolutely free. I did not recieve any gift's money or anything other than a handshake for that hunt. In fact they were at wal-mart while I got breakfast. I do not guide hunt's at LBJ anymore and I wasn't guideing them in the past. I was offering my knowledge to people who happen to give me a tip. grin Same as bass fishing on public lakes.

Guide's Life
Elusive Wildlife Technologies
Re: lbj national grasslands [Re: KeithTT] #2222838 04/04/11 01:18 AM
S
scubaarchery Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
I think that the single greatest asset we have as hunters and or fishers is the camaraderie we develop with other hunters and fishers. Personally, I prefer to call (not guide) for other hunters to give then a shot at a turkey and don't charge for that or expect breakfast or gas or anything else in return.

Hopefully the memories we share and the friendships we create will last a lifetime.

I can't speak for Keith but it sounds like what he was doing was in the same spirit and he should really be applauded for it not chastised.

Catch more hybrids, sand-bass and striper with the Thump’emup Thumper!
www.thumpemupfishing.com
Re: lbj national grasslands [Re: Tx Deer Hunter] #2223475 04/04/11 12:29 PM
E
Ed Lingenfelter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
Wow I did not know that, but it happens alot. I ran into a guy up there on Opening Day. He said I have 4 guys in this field so I am pretty sure he was guiding them. I guess there is a fine line between, taking your buddies hunting, scouting in advance and exchanging money or something for your service.
It is interesting since the State does sponsor guided hunts but I assume those must be on private land. 2cents

Old Soldier
Re: lbj national grasslands [Re: Ed Lingenfelter] #2223493 04/04/11 12:39 PM
E
Ed Lingenfelter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
OH yeah. I apologize if my son and I busted your hunt. We were a little late getting to "our" spot. The guy with the friends in the field was very nice and he came up and described what was going on in that field. He had two guys over here, one here and another here. We decided to leave. This was the most crowded we saw LBJ, but we usually do not go opening day. Got to meet alot of good guys out there but none of them had a bird yet. But the were more than willing to share their experiences even some scouting tips. Great to talk with courteous hunters and sportsmen. grin

Old Soldier
Re: lbj national grasslands [Re: KeithTT] #2249600 04/16/11 04:43 PM
T
Tx Deer Hunter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Originally Posted By: KeithTT

Nobody bought my breakfast or paid for any gas. You can ask KYBLUEFAN That hunt was absolutely free. I did not recieve any gift's money or anything other than a handshake for that hunt. In fact they were at wal-mart while I got breakfast. I do not guide hunt's at LBJ anymore and I wasn't guideing them in the past. I was offering my knowledge to people who happen to give me a tip. grin Same as bass fishing on public lakes.

So NOW your saying that you NEVER guided hunters for money on the LBJ grasslands? after you bragged about that VERY thing a few months ago? your sooo full of CRAP! you know for a fact that you were running a professional guide service and that you were getting paid by your clients! BTW even if they gave you a "TIP" you broke the law! Again, you just admitted on a public forum that MONEY changed hands! THAT'S ILLEGAL! you really have no idea what the laws are do you! Sounds to me like someone is trying to cover their tracks......

Re: lbj national grasslands [Re: Tx Deer Hunter] #2253079 04/18/11 05:58 PM
E
Ed Lingenfelter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
WOW confused2

Old Soldier
Re: lbj national grasslands [Re: Tx Deer Hunter] #2253089 04/18/11 06:06 PM
E
Ed Lingenfelter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
Well there is obviously only one way to settle this one. You two guys need to hunt LBJ together. Good Luck

Old Soldier
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide