Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: How close is to close? [Re: Greg] #216873 10/02/07 06:08 PM
Rwuensch Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker

You better stick to just hunting your big property down south so you don't make them mad or they might throw thier own crap at you (like a bunch of monkeys) next time they see you out hunting THEIR deer

Now that was funny! Keep it up, i need some entertaining today.

We have enough youth. How about a fountain of "smart"?
Re: How close is to close? [Re: Rwuensch] #216874 10/02/07 07:15 PM
F
fastliberator Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
F
What has happened to one of the very first lessons I was tought as a child "The Golden Rule"? Most "sportsmen" are usually pretty good guys. There are always some @#$holes, but general we are a good bunch of guys, why not try talking with other hunters on the other lease and see if some kind of agreement can be reached? Maybe bored up the windows of there stand that face your property line, some kind of compromise. If you talk to them in a nice way and show your concern, I would bet that the vast majority of guys would be acomidating. If not then take it to the land owner, it is his land, he has the final say in what goes on. If that doesnt work, then try the GW, they usually get results. They don't like @#$holes either.

For the guys out there that wouldn't be willing to meet half way or at least come to some sort of agreement, quit being an @#$hole, what would your mothers think!!!!!!

Just my opinion
\

Those of you who do not stand behind our millitary, please stand in front of it!!!
Re: How close is to close? [Re: fastliberator] #216875 10/02/07 07:50 PM
Greg Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Great post fastliberator!

You are right... what would your mother say if she knew you saved up your own crap in a bag and piss in 2 liter bottles just to throw them at your neighbor's blind b/c you are worried he might get tempted to break the law (which you have never seen him do) while he is hunting.

What would your mother say?

I even saw a post later in this string of comedy by the same people who in one breath are all about wrecking the others hunt with these tactics and then they turned around and said it's all about family and bringing your kids out??????

I would love to see him explain his actions to a child...

"ya see son.... I think these people might be up to no good, so I save up my crap, piss and hair and throw it around their stand" "have you ever seen them do anything daddy?" "nope, but they just have to be bad people b/c they have a stand on the fence line.

What a role model.

Re: How close is to close? [Re: Greg] #216876 10/02/07 08:00 PM
txcornhusker Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Quote:

what would your mother say if she knew you saved up your own crap in a bag and piss in 2 liter bottles just to throw them at your neighbor's blind

"ya see son.... I think these people might be up to no good, so I save up my crap, piss and hair and throw it around their stand"

I know you are serious but I just got the visual of this and laughed my butt off. Saving it up...so someone would be so vindictive as to crap on top of their own crap over and over in a bag, just to throw at a stand. I had a lease guy like that once. Sorry but the visual of someone opening up a bag with their own crap stored up in it and laying down another steamer on top of what's already in there just cracks me up!!

Point well taken though Greg!

Re: How close is to close? [Re: Greg] #216877 10/02/07 08:02 PM
C
cattle69 Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
That could go both ways,
Daddy why do we have to hunt right on the neighbors fenceline, aren't you afraid you might see or hurt somebody on the other side of the fence? We seem to have all this land and we hunt on the fenceline. Daddy is the grass always greener on the other side of the fence?

[Linked Image]
President and cofounder of magical pellet club.
Re: How close is to close? [Re: Greg] #216878 10/02/07 08:07 PM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Offline
duck & cover
duck & cover
Now I wish I had stayed out of it. But oh well, that's my nature.

I have placed stands near fences, and have had it done. It doesn't seem to bother me, unless I see or see evidence of someone doing something illegal.

In fact, I'd rather someone be on the fence facing in, that 200 yards off the fence shooting out.

If he's hunting on me, then we'd have an issue. And I hope I would handle it by talking to him, or calling the authorities, not defacing his property, or my property, or other things like that.

All that said, if I have a better place to hunt, I do. I don't make a practice of hunting from a blind next to a fence. If someone ever wants to talk about it, I'd be open to that too.

ON the 40 acre place (my buddies, its not mine) we have hunted as many as 3 spots. Its tremendously thick timber, and we felt safe with each other and our hunting areas.

Re: How close is to close? [Re: cattle69] #216879 10/02/07 08:13 PM
Greg Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Quote:

Daddy why do we have to hunt right on the neighbors fenceline, aren't you afraid you might see or hurt somebody on the other side of the fence? We seem to have all this land and we hunt on the fenceline. Daddy is the grass always greener on the other side of the fence?

And that answer would go like this....

"hang on a minute son... remember when daddy first taught you about hunting what he told you... you never shoot at anything when you don't know what's behind your target.... you also can't shoot across fencelines... it's illegal. You see... our blind is facing away from the fence... we have it here b/c it is up on a hill and it gives us a great view looking over the pond down there and that great deer trail behind it. So listen little one... you won't hurt anyone on the other side of the fence if you don't shoot that way. It's up to you and me little buddy to teach others that not all people who put stands on a fenceline are up to no good. Maybe they will see that some day and come over and have a beer with daddy around the camp fire at night"

Re: How close is to close? [Re: Greg] #216880 10/02/07 08:26 PM
Big Orn Offline
great white gorilla
great white gorilla
I can understand where Vernon is coming from. It's like that here in many places. I know it's hard to visualize, but hunters adapt pretty easy. Just because a hunter has a blind on the fenceline, don't mean he's gonna hunt the fenceline. And I'd durn sure rather him be on that line, facing inward, than out yonder 100 yards facing out towards me and mine. But, again, there is that situation here, but it's not a problem.

On the other hand, on my place near Thomas Lake, my new neighbor last year set his feeder right on top of our property line (no fence, just purple paint). I asked him if he was using the feeder to pull deer or if he was going to hunt it. He said he intended to hunt it. I then pointed out where my stand was located and told him I guess we'll both be hunting it then. It took him awhile, but he finally said he'd move it. Sometimes I think a lack of communication is the real culprit.

Re: How close is to close? [Re: Greg] #216881 10/02/07 08:28 PM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Good post.

Re: How close is to close? [Re: Big Orn] #216882 10/02/07 08:33 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Quote:

Thomas Lake,

Scurry, Borden county?

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: How close is to close? [Re: Crazyhorse] #216883 10/02/07 08:38 PM
A
AdvTX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
I thought about this some more today and I think it's pretty simple. Just ask yourself if you want someone 10 yards off your fence line and 90% of people you ask would say no. A guy on our lease put up a feeder right on our neighbors fence and I told him he had to move it and he said lets wait and see if they call and I told him I would rather avoid the call. It's not about....."it's legal"....it's all about what you believe is right(friendly) and if it doesn't bother you then do it. On our west fence line there is still a feeder that the neighbors put up last year and the tripod is about 125yards west of that and at the angle its facing its just about in line with our lease house.......NOT COOL....I would care except I can hear these idiots talking all morning and we have 2300acres.

Bow Only
Re: How close is to close? [Re: AdvTX] #216884 10/02/07 08:54 PM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I understand the situation and see the problem.

One request I am gonna make of everyone on here, over the next two/three weeks, when you are out traveling, please take time and see how many blind/feeder set ups you see, where the feeder is set up between the blind and the road or highway, with a shooting window facing the roadway at less than two hundred yards.

I have seen probably two dozen set ups such as that over the past two years.

As for the "How Close Is To Close" issue, what is the major concern everyone has, Safety or Someone Shooting A Deer That YOU Spent Time "Growing" Till It Meet Your Standards For Shooting?

Re: How close is to close? [Re: Crazyhorse] #216885 10/02/07 09:05 PM
C
cattle69 Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
Greg,
I am not as concerned on the stand, but rather the feeder being on the fenceline and them shooting into our property. With that being said, I am not crazy about the stand either. I am just glad the landowner also sees it my way and he will be making them remove both the stand and feeder from being to close to the fence line. Have a great day and JP your welcome for the traffic and heated debate.

[Linked Image]
Re: How close is to close? [Re: cattle69] #216886 10/02/07 09:10 PM
Greg Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
We did cause some traffic didn't we

Re: How close is to close? [Re: HWY_MAN] #216887 10/02/07 09:18 PM
Big Orn Offline
great white gorilla
great white gorilla
Quote:

Quote:

Thomas Lake,

Scurry, Borden county?

Bryans Mill, Cass County...God's Country...

Re: How close is to close? [Re: Greg] #216888 10/02/07 09:20 PM
Big Orn Offline
great white gorilla
great white gorilla
But it didn't get out of hand!

Re: How close is to close? [Re: cattle69] #216889 10/02/07 09:27 PM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Congratulations, it is a whole bunch better that you were able to get it worked out that way, then trying some of the other stuff a lot of us suggested.

Glad to hear things are getting worked out.

Re: How close is to close? [Re: Crazyhorse] #216890 10/02/07 10:39 PM
D
dusten01 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
hwy- you still dont get it. but my whole post was not directed to you so dont feel that special.

Re: How close is to close? [Re: dusten01] #216891 10/02/07 11:04 PM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Sorry dusten01, you are the one that doesn't get it!

You want respect from folks and yet make a blanket statement like this:

Quote:

typical a$$ hole landowners in texas. thanks for giving us a great name guys!

It is that kind of attitude or opinion of landowners that causes some of the problems.

That whole statement was not needed. There are a lot of really good landowners out there that used to let folks hunt and fish on them, till people with your attitude started acting like the landowners "Owed" you something.

You haven't met Hwy_man, but I have.

Your statement was completely uncalled for.

Landowners don't "Owe" me, you or any one else a single thing.

Instead of telling people they don't get it, why don't you go back and look at your responses and see who is more out of line. JMDO.

Last edited by crazyhorseconsulting; 10/03/07 02:26 AM.
Re: How close is to close? [Re: Crazyhorse] #216892 10/03/07 12:07 AM
A
atascosa_red Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
You go CHC!!

IMPEACH!! IMPEACH!! REVOLT!! REVOLT!! REVOLTING!! REVOLTING!!
Re: How close is to close? [Re: atascosa_red] #216893 10/04/07 04:29 PM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Offline
duck & cover
duck & cover
I have been on both sides of the owner/hunter coin. I can see from both points. Most of the landowners I deal with, are mirrors. You see exactly what you are giving.

As for being &^^%%&&**'s, we can all do that, its in there somewhere. It just seems to vary from person to person what brings it out.

I suffer sometimes from being too open, friendly, and having high expectations. I'd rather be disappointed when someone treats me incorrectly, than be happy that I have no dealings with them at all. Now once someone has a track record, then I may start to predetermine my attitude toward them.

I got shafted by a landowner this year, after 6 years of management and improvements, including structural improvements, we were not renewed. Our check was returned in mid August...As much as I am disappointed in being treated that way, and as much as I will not go back there again,....it is still his land and he can do as he pleases.

As for where someone hunts near me, if I see a stand on or near the line, I'd start by assuming they are honest ethical law-abiding safety conscious hunters like "ALL of US". But I have been wrong before. I just can't go through life automatically thinking the negative thought first. Maybe someday I will be burnt enough to do that, but not now. BUT even with that, each person has to make their own decisions in their own paradigm.

Re: How close is to close? [Re: sig226fan (Rguns.com)] #216894 10/04/07 04:49 PM
F
fastliberator Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
F
Good perspective SIG, I can relate to what you are saying.

Those of you who do not stand behind our millitary, please stand in front of it!!!
Re: How close is to close? [Re: fastliberator] #216895 10/08/07 12:55 PM
C
cattle69 Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
C
Greg, sent a guy I know real well a link to this site and here is how he answered your question:

I read the string on the hunter's forum. As to the guy who wanted to know what's wrong with it:

It's like walking into a public restroom with a wall full of urinals. It's bad form to go right next to another man, unless that's the only one open. No, it's not illegal, but it sure makes you question someones intent. It's just bad form, and most people should have been/have been raised better. It makes you wonder if the guy is going to reach over, or start the Larry Craig toe tap. Why would you want someone to think that of you? When you talk with someone, you shouldn't get right up in their face, and when you hunt, you should follow the same principle; or people are going to wonder if you are a toe tapper.

[Linked Image]
Re: How close is to close? [Re: cattle69] #216896 10/08/07 01:08 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I like it!

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: How close is to close? [Re: HWY_MAN] #216897 10/08/07 01:52 PM
W
wellingtontx Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
Just got back from my lease this weekend (10-07-07). Same problem, been hunting property for years with well established blind and feeders. Discovered new hunters set up feeder directly on fence line and blind 100 yards away overlooking my property. Contacted landowner while out on property to no avail. If it wouldnt mess up my hunting, feel like going out there opening morning dressed in total blaze orange and sitting a lawn chair next to the fence, on my property, beside his feeder. Perhaps a pop up blind next to the fence with one of those portable toilets inside would be best.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide