Print Thread
BBQ post #20719 04/14/05 08:20 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline OP
the janitor
OP Offline
the janitor
J
If you see a derogatory racial remark on the forum, please let the moderators know. Don’t get in to pissing matches with people – it never does any good.

If you have problems with folks, again, let a moderator deal with it. Trying to figure out who can do the best job coming up with comments to make the posting opponent look bad is a big waste of time.

“Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will.” – Theodore Roosevelt

[Linked Image]
Re: BBQ post [Re: J.P. Greeson] #20720 04/15/05 02:33 AM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I apologise for keeping things stirred up, I enjoy this forum and I just have a hard time knowing when to stop making comments.

Re: BBQ post [Re: Crazyhorse] #20721 05/02/05 02:47 PM
B
bluewavemike Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
CHC what did you do now?

MD Smith >>>-----> You gota kill it before you grill it
Re: BBQ post [Re: bluewavemike] #20722 05/02/05 11:28 PM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
All I know is that the discussion got way out of hand, and I wasn't helping matters and J.P. wanted it over with. Not to try and stir things up again, that is one of the reasons why I started the post about talking about ourselves. I am a suspicious s.o.b. by nature, and my Momma was a real good Christian, but I am having a real problem with people on all the forums that I am on, that seem to be really mouthy, get stuff started, and then disappear. It is one thing when I get into it on a topic with you or goat or fisherboats, or any of the rest of us that regularly participate on the forum, but when any of us that have the pictures and proof get into it with some of these greenhorns that are just on here long enough to stir something up, and then disappear, that is something else. With all the anonoumys, lurkers out there, that may just be out to have their own form of twisted fun, I am really getting a little leary of responding to some of those folks, even to the point of not welcoming them to the forum. I know that was a lot more of an answer than what you were looking for, but I really do enjoy being on here, and this really isn't the place for any of us to get into race or religion issues.

Re: BBQ post [Re: Crazyhorse] #20723 05/04/05 06:47 PM
B
bluewavemike Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Drink a beer! Calm down
You should see the fishing forum. Man you say one little thing and people start crying. Chill out people can you take a joke.

MD Smith >>>-----> You gota kill it before you grill it
Re: BBQ post [Re: bluewavemike] #20724 05/04/05 11:47 PM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
While in the middle of a Real Ale Brewing Company, Rio Blanco Pale Ale fresh from Blanco ,Texas, I am pretty calm. It was just something that got out of control, and stuff was said by everyone involved that shouldn't have been said. The real issue was that someone posted a remark, that in todays society is not an accepted way of speaking or thinking, at least in a public setting. JMO.

Re: BBQ post [Re: Crazyhorse] #20725 05/05/05 02:54 PM
T
Txduckman Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
T
Maybe people need to hunt more on here it seems. We have about 20 turkey hunters on here out of over 1,000 registered users according to the posts during our current turkey season. If you hunt, post a picture, write a report or story for us. It is funny that someone signs up for a Hunting Forum and they can only write in the off-topic sections such as this one. Nothing wrong with it but if that is all you got, there are other forums for that. This is called the Texas Hunting Forum for a reason. Even says the best place in Texas to talk hunting at the top over every page.

Re: BBQ post [Re: Txduckman] #20726 05/05/05 06:13 PM
B
Bonehead Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
It also says "On the Road in Texas". What else would you like to see other than peoples experiences while on the road in this section?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."..Dr.Suess
DQ in Nocona [Re: Bonehead] #20727 05/06/05 03:27 AM
T
Txduckman Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
T
Good point. I better move my post!! It has nothing to do with good eatin while on the road does it! I think you get the point mr. bone.

Everyone, hit the DQ in Nocona! It does the most business in whole region SWA flies to from Dallas Love (TX, OK, NM, LA, AR).

Re: BBQ post [Re: Txduckman] #20728 05/06/05 06:08 AM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
And maybe we ought to do away with these topics and not worry about places to eat or stay or anything but hunting. I don't know why you climbed out of your sack with your back up about anything, but you need to remember that this is the Texas Hunting Forum, not the forum for turkey hunters only. There is a lot of stuff going on out there besides spring turkey. You don't like my posts, don't read the s.o.b.s. To the best of MY memory this is on the road, there is a seperate area for turkey hunting.

Re: BBQ post [Re: Crazyhorse] #20729 05/06/05 03:51 PM
T
Txduckman Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
T
What in the world are y'all talking about now CHC? It is turkey season so therefore I hunt turkey now and so wouldn't you expect a little more action there? I also hunt dove, quail, deer, duck, and hog and you know so during those seasons there is more activity. I am not talking about anyone currently posting on here if you would have read what I wrote. We all post in all areas and that is great. I was referring to the people that register and only post on these off-topic areas like the guy that started this whole discussion with the racial comments.

I simply said it would be nice if more people posted in the hunting sections and then I get attacked for a suggestion by members that post as much as I do. What is going on here??? I never said don't post here or only post in the turkey area! Why do y'all take things and turn them around??? I have never knocked anything that anyone has said on here besides the guy that started this whole BBQ thing.

Please explain to me what is the purpose of The Texas Hunting Forum foremost and what is the by-line at the top of every page? It cannot be more clearer. Why are you arguing over nothing?

And yes this is On The Road and every single one of these posts has nothing to do with eating. Why did you start with the reply to JP about apoligising? Never say anything that you have to apoligise about and you will be fine. You did nothing wrong. Someone drew everyone in.

Re: BBQ post [Re: Txduckman] #20730 05/06/05 04:14 PM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
: I apologise, sorry for the outburst, it had been a real long day yesterday, and after re-reading your post, I had taken it wrong. As you just mentioned though, and as others including me have said, we keep getting these folks that show up on here, get something stirred up, usually amongst the regulars, then the newbie disappears. Everybody takes things wrong from time to time, some of us may do it more often than others, just as some of us are a lot more opinionated than other folks on here. Right now, I am just participating in this one, and the TFF, and the Texas Predator Posse, and they all have this problem. But, it is a public forum, and we will always have jokers out there that will jump in, get the regulars to argueing, then jump out and set back and have fun watching the fur fly. As has been said on here before, it is real hard for everybody on here, not, to think, that what someone is trying to say on a post, isn't directed toward them when their last post is the one being responded too. Maybe someone could come up with an icon or something that will let everyone know that the new post isn't directed toward any body in particular, but just an observation being made by the poster. Again, I do apologise for being so rash.

Re: BBQ post [Re: Crazyhorse] #20731 05/28/05 01:56 AM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Well, since this has stagnated, do you all prefer the meat cooked in the sauce, or the sauce on the side???

Re: BBQ post [Re: Crazyhorse] #20732 05/31/05 02:01 AM
E
easton1025 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
sauce on the side...

Re: BBQ post [Re: easton1025] #20733 06/05/05 02:35 AM
B
Bullard Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Both

Re: BBQ post [Re: Bullard] #20734 06/06/05 06:24 AM
M
MR71 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
HOPE Y'ALL AIN'T TALKING BOUT ME!! I DISAPPEARED CAUSE I WENT TO WORK. I WAS BUGGIN ONE OF Y'ALL BOUT EATIN CROW WHEN I LEFT. BTW, DID Y'ALL EVER GET THE PANTHER ISSUE RESOLVED?????

I JUST LIKE TO JOKE AROUND, AND NEVER INTENDED TO MAKE ANYONE MAD OR HURT THEIR FEELINGS! BTW, IF YOU EVER MAKE IT TO WEST MONROE, LOUSIANA YOU MUST TRY BBQ WEST UP ON HWY 80. BRUFF'S IN EMPORIA ,KS COOKS A MEAN STEAK. THE BEST STEAK I THINK I HAVE EVER HAD WAS AT FIRESIDE IN IN THAYER, KS. IF YOU EVER MAKE IT TO YATES CENTER, KS ON A WEEKDAY AT LUNCH, LOOK FOR FRANNIE'S CATTIE CORNER TO THE SE CORNER OF THE COURTHOUSE SQUARE. LUNCH ONLY COSTS $1 AND THAT INCLUDES TEA. FIVE CHOICES, MONDAY THRU FRIDAY. THE BEST PIE IN THE WORLD AND A SLICE ONLY COSTS $1

HIGHER CLASS OF REDNECK; CHICKEN FRIED WILD HOG,MASHED TATERS,GREEN BEANS, A REDNECK'S DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!!!
Re: BBQ post [Re: MR71] #20735 06/14/05 05:32 PM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I have crow in the freezer that has developed a real bad case of freezer-burn, waiting for that black panther to turn itsself in.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide