Forums46
Topics538,145
Posts9,733,508
Members87,070
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: MELackey] #1903809 12/09/10 05:35 AM
N
NDN98 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
No complaints from my wife. On weekends I hunt, she goes shopping. Over the course of a year, she will spend twice what I do on hunting. She can't complain.

Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: cmlambin] #1903823 12/09/10 05:44 AM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
If she gives you a hard time , then you don't have the best wife in the world. If you spent any money she would give you more trouble

Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: NDN98] #1903826 12/09/10 05:45 AM
G
gbeard Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
I just say "Shut up women!! Im going huntin! Make sure to have me some dinner ready when I get back!! And you better be naked when I get home too!! Or else!!"

Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: gbeard] #1903890 12/09/10 06:19 AM
T
tj5 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
1st year we was Married sep 1st deer season nov
She learned the frist year
Bud invited on a week long deer hunt
(was not going to go TILL she flat out told me i was not going)
WRONG STATEMENT
I went on that week long hunt AND didnt not come home
Stayed at his place went to work from there no calls no nothing
from me
she show up at work i left from dif gate
did that for a month
Thats how i got her to never to complain about my hunting
that was 22 years ago she has never said i cant go hunting
these days she tells me go hunting i need a break

Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: tj5] #1903971 12/09/10 11:17 AM
T
texfork Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
My wife comes from a family that has always hunted . She does not want to have anything to do with hunting but knows that is part of life .
She always has done everything she can to help me go like packing , shopping , even making sure I have the money I need to go . I think she is the greatest .(or maybe she has a boy friend).

Last edited by texfork; 12/09/10 11:18 AM.

Prayer is the "ultimate" wireless connection .
Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: texfork] #1903985 12/09/10 11:40 AM
C
catchrcall Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
my wife doesn't care as long as i don't go crazy with it. Hog hunting with dogs is my favorite and the season is never closed so i just gotta watch it that i don't over do it. twice a week is normally good unless there is something going on. She also likes to come with me expecially when we break out the dogs. she is very supportive. My favorite statement from her ever was "I just had to buy meat from the store, you need to get your a-- to huntin". Ok, twist my arm.... i married lucky i guess

Last edited by catchrcall; 12/09/10 11:41 AM.

Stand up for your rights to own and hunt with dogs
Join the Lonestar Working Dog Association
www.lswda.org
Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: catchrcall] #1904006 12/09/10 12:16 PM
jeh7mmmag Online Happy
gramps
Online Happy
gramps
Quote:
How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting?
worthlessconfused2 loco

nidea
Quote:
Can you keep your wife from complaining about hunting?
cheers

33 years.... dream on rofl Take them out to dinner a day before and quietly listen for your que. "Oh By the way"..peep

�Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in,
where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.�
~ John Muir
Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: jeh7mmmag] #1904021 12/09/10 12:30 PM
S
Shortysboy09 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
From day one I told mine that this time of year she would have to deal with me leaving every weekend and holidays. At first she started to give me complaints about leaving every weekend. I just remind her she knew exactly what she was getting into and she quits complaining because she knows she agreed that hunting season wouldn't be a problem.

I get the feeling she likes to go hunting. I have taken her a few times and she actually enjoys sitting in the stand. Usually she reads until we see something. She also like to shoot guns at targets. No desire to shoot animals though.

Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: cmlambin] #1904032 12/09/10 12:42 PM
P
PrimitiveHunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
My wife and I have been married 38 years. During the summer, she's always saying "Don't you want to go fishing or something?". During the winter, she always saying "Don't you want to go hunting or something?". If I could just figure out what that "or something" is...

Practice doesn’t make perfect.
Practice makes permanent.
Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: Shortysboy09] #1904035 12/09/10 12:44 PM
jeh7mmmag Online Happy
gramps
Online Happy
gramps
Sounds like we need a lawyer to come up with a Prenuptial
"Hunting, Fishing, Outdoors, Agreement, Contract" in Blood.
Make a Million dollars!!!!

�Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in,
where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.�
~ John Muir
Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: jeh7mmmag] #1904088 12/09/10 01:12 PM
P
Palehorse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Some of the women I work with said they love it when the husband goes out of town hunting. Thats when the women all go to the local ice house. They don't dare tell the husband that they want them to go, it gives them some leverage to get their way on other things. They have sworn me to secrecy......I've said too much already.....I think I hear someone coming.....AAAHHHH!

Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: cmlambin] #1904095 12/09/10 01:18 PM
T
TxYoteHunter Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
My wife paid for my first hunting lease a couple of years ago and even bought me a couple more rifles with really good scopes on them up. I told her this year would be my last for a while so that I could spend more time around the house on the weekends rather than going hunting all the time. Her response was "no way in hell you're gonna do that, I like my quiet time around here just as much as you do at your lease. I'll pay for it again if you want me too". So, looks like I have to keep on hunting banana.

Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: Palehorse] #1904096 12/09/10 01:18 PM
T
TreeBass Online Content
Old Weller
Online Content
Old Weller
T
Fortunatly I have a very understanding wife. I broght her into hunting and fishing when we were dating. I explained that I hunt and fish, and I have been doing it before her for 25yrs, (I was 30 at the time) and I will continue to do so after she is gone. Its worked for 16 years.

She gets it, and rarely gives me any heartache about going, just as long as I take her once in a while.

I'd have to tell you to get her involved, or direct her towards something she enjoys.

[Linked Image]

My success in life is measured by the number of hunting
and fishing stories that my kids can share with others...

Like the THF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texashuntingforum
Grizzly Coolers
Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: Palehorse] #1904099 12/09/10 01:21 PM
R
rtp Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
R
Can't believe no one has mentioned the most obvious solution to the complaining......piece of duct tape over her mouth.

I've been married 24 yrs and some are better than others. I'm gone on avg 3 days a week once dove season starts and 4 days a week once deer season starts. But I'm very much about what she wants to do when I'm home.

Let'em grow old
Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: TreeBass] #1904104 12/09/10 01:24 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
honestly, I'm lucky. She and her family treat opening weekend as if it were some religious holiday and if you happen to miss it (only exception is if you are hunting somewhere else), you get looked down upon. My wife owns the place we usually hunt on, so it makes things that much better....she likes going, sitting and looking up out of a stand window at what she plans to be our housesite when we move back to the area.

Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: TxYoteHunter] #1904110 12/09/10 01:25 PM
S
Shortysboy09 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: TxYoteHunter
My wife paid for my first hunting lease a couple of years ago and even bought me a couple more rifles with really good scopes on them up. I told her this year would be my last for a while so that I could spend more time around the house on the weekends rather than going hunting all the time. Her response was "no way in hell you're gonna do that, I like my quiet time around here just as much as you do at your lease. I'll pay for it again if you want me too". So, looks like I have to keep on hunting banana.

Keep hunting. Gonna be tough to beat that Hoss of a buck you killed this year though!

Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: MELackey] #1904271 12/09/10 02:31 PM
A
Armalite260 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: sprigsss
The second hunting season my wife and I were dating, I had driven to her house during the Christmas break one weekend. She asked me what I was doing the following weekend and I told her going hunting. She said going hunting again?

Her mom pulled her to the side and told her, if you complain about him going hunting, he will go hunting anyway, but he won't come back one day. Not sure if I was supposed to hear that or not.

Then I made a trip to Ozona with her family and she was going in the camp to get something and I asked her to bring me back another beer. She said, another beer?

Again her mom pulled her to the side and said, if he asks you for another beer, bring him another beer.

I knew right then I needed to marry her, her mom was training her well.

Dude!! You should marry that woman all over again.. You've got a keeper for sure!!

Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: Armalite260] #1904360 12/09/10 02:58 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Not married yet, but well on my way. She likes to come hunting and fishing with me sometimes. I try to make it as good for her as I can, make sure she has warm clothes, and dont make her hard azz it like i like to when it is just the guys.

When we first started dating i was going to go bowfishing with some of my buddies that I hadnt seen in a while, she got all bent out of shape and said just go, but I knew she was mad. When i got back she was in a good mood, asked what I wanted for dinner and gave me a kiss... I wandered what the heck happend. Asked her about it, turns out she called her mom crying and complaining... her moms response "well sweethear you cant keep him in your pocket, get over it" From then on we dont have problems with going hunting or fishing.

matt

It's hell eatin em live
Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: cmlambin] #1904370 12/09/10 03:01 PM
J
jbranscum Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
My wife only complains about the time spent away from her when I go hunting. I simply explain to her each time, lovingly, that out of the 183 days each year I am home, I will be at the deer lease filling feeders, deer or turkey hunting aprx 20 of those. It isn't very much in the grand scheme and it makes me happy. She understands and I always stick to my word when I make my schedule of days I will leave and return.

Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: Armalite260] #1904379 12/09/10 03:04 PM
B
Bill_OA Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
My wife and I have been married 3 years now and she has always supported my hunting habits. The first year we lived out of state so I only got to hunt 5 hunts when we were down in Texas for the holidays. She got to see me walk around like someone had kicked my puppy that I missed opening day and didn't have anywhere to hunt for almost a month straight. I think that is why in year 2 and 3 I have pretty much a free pass to go when I want. She encourages it and even helps me scheme so that I can schedule work near the ranch on Fridays at noon!

She also enjoys going. But, since that isn't an option I would work on storing up as many a$$hole points (points you can cash in when your being an a$$hole) as you can during the off season right before the opener and during the weekdays of deer season. Sure helps to be able to casually float it out there that you washed all the outside windows or fixed her car or whatever.

Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: Gummi Bear] #1904397 12/09/10 03:11 PM
H
hornedfrog Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
I make sure her rifle stays sighted in and there is always a full and an extra propane bottle for the heater in her blind. Also i gut and clean her deer.

Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: Bill_OA] #1904398 12/09/10 03:12 PM
C
CFR Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
I can't complain at all on this one. My wife is very understanding and as long as hunting is not the only thing I talk to her about, then she's ok. When my son and I talk about it non stop with her I can tell it wears on her. The other thing is during the off season I try to spend as much time with her as possible which seems to work for me.

Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: MaggieMTx] #1904451 12/09/10 03:21 PM
T
TX_Huntress Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Me too. smile

Originally Posted By: MaggieMTx
I hunt more then he does, can't help ya there. Best of luck.

The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

[Linked Image]
Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: TX_Huntress] #1904491 12/09/10 03:32 PM
T
Texas Heat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
I guess im pretty lucky, my wife likes to get involved with my hunting. She goes dove hunting with me (she is usually the retriever, she cant hit a dove to save her life lol) and she definately likes deer hunting. Took her first deer this year, a nice little 8 point and now she is hooked.

Re: How do you keep your wife from complaining about hunting? [Re: TX_Huntress] #1904529 12/09/10 03:43 PM
D
DCS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: TX_Huntress
Me too. smile

Originally Posted By: MaggieMTx
I hunt more then he does, can't help ya there. Best of luck.

My wife does too!

She "cow girled up" more then once to go out in 16 degree weather, while I was piled up in the sack.

Now back to your problem. If it is a money problem, then I would say sit down and write up a budget to show her that you guys can afford for you to spend the money on you going hunting. If you are indeed taking money that puts the family in a financial bind, then either don't go or find a way to supplement your hunting.

If it is not the money, then you two have other issues that need to be dealt with.

Good luck!

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide